Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,823 members, 7,902,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:28 PM

Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash (27803 Views)

Meet Rita Ofili, Winner Of Miss Wheelchair Nigeria 2022 (Photos) / Ezekiel Chidimma Crowned Most Beautiful Girl In Abuja 2020 / Meet Nia Franklin: Biography Of Miss America 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Kdon2: 8:49pm On Jul 23
ifeco4:

I'm I surprised? Not a bit.

Why am I not surprised? Very simple, the world is connected via internet and what happens at your backward, is well known to those in other continent without your knowledge.
Why did I say this? In 2023 general elections, Lagos state and YORUBAS in general denied their brother because his mom is from a tribe they don't like their face. They Said he is not a Lagosian and by extension, not a Yoruba. They went further to say he should go and contest in Anambra or Abia state. And you think the whole world is not watching?

I hope you are not talking about gbarebo o calm😂 simple thing is we don't believe in him to represent what Yoruba stand for. That one need do DNA cos he is none of ours. If you so believe in him take him to Anambra or abia to become governor over there.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Good2go1: 8:50pm On Jul 23
No wonder your elite leave your dirty ugly girls to marry Igbo because they wants their children to be Igbo
Kdon2:

No wonder most of your girls end up being prostitute and struggling to be like Yoruba girls😂😜
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Gajagojo: 8:50pm On Jul 23
Bonaventura:

We are having a taste of our own medicine.

If someone that was born and bred in Lagos could be told to 'go home' because of an election,what can we not see?
Really shameful how Bianca Ojukwu was treated
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Gajagojo: 8:51pm On Jul 23
Kdon2:

I hope you are not talking about gbarebo o calm😂 simple thing is we don't believe in him to represent what Yoruba stand for. That one need do DNA cos he is none of ours. If you so believe in him take him to Anambra or abia to become governor over there.
The fool did not know Ijebus are indigenous to Lagos state

2 Likes

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Kdon2: 8:52pm On Jul 23
MyAmericandream:

May be the father is half Igbo half Yoruba. But she's a black pretty young thing though.

Sense too full your head. Thanks jare

1 Like

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by 2Radii: 8:59pm On Jul 23
Holluwhakemmy:
What a lovely name for me.

Even when u don't know the meaning..wether na orisa name grin
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Kdon2: 9:07pm On Jul 23
Good2go1:
No wonder your elite leave your dirty ugly girls to marry Igbo because they wants their children to be Igbo

Na because your girls are cheap
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Vicana: 9:08pm On Jul 23
Them deh fear say she don win already....na inferiority complex deh do them.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by wiseoneking: 9:22pm On Jul 23
VEHINTOLAR:
I don't understand, what is "AdeTshina"? You can't be Adeshina and still be Chidimma, especially when your mother is from South Africa! I understand your mother is Zulu from South Africa, but your father can't be Igbo and Yoruba at the same time. So, Miss Chidinmma AdeTshina, that is not the correct spelling of Adeshina in Yoruba. Who are you truly - Igbo or Yoruba?

Anyway, I want to believe you're Igbo, and perhaps you would have loved to be Yoruba, hence the name "AdeTshina" - Adeshina, no "T"! The bitter truth is that you can't be "Chidimma" without facing some hatred. There is something about the people from the land where your father came from in Nigeria that makes others hate them immediately. Your father's people are seen as toxic, hateful, envious, domineering, boastful, and above all, criminal-minded. You shouldn't be using that name - Chidinma; it's responsible for what you're facing right now!
I sense the grandmother could be Yoruba as usual and his father named her after the grandmother. It’s becoming very common to see upto third generation Yoruba men with Igbo mothers.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Holluwhakemmy(f): 11:28pm On Jul 23
2Radii:

Even when u don't know the meaning..wether na orisa name grin
Not an issue some people are bearing Areogun, Oyabiyi etc
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by 2Radii: 11:51pm On Jul 23
Holluwhakemmy:
Not an issue some people are bearing Areogun, Oyabiyi etc
Aahh okare...omo daadaa, omo owa obokun grin

1 Like

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by YoungBlackRico(m): 11:56pm On Jul 23
Something is wrong with South Africans but this is true though
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by ZaddyJ: 12:58am On Jul 24
Kdon2:

Yoruba at top despite hatred and bitterness 😜
I'm not igbo neither nor am I yoruba . But the problem of the country are these two tribe Yoruba and Igbo who only think competition is what can bring greatness between them .
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by ZaddyJ: 1:01am On Jul 24
wiseoneking:
I sense the grandmother could be Yoruba as usual and his father named her after the grandmother. It’s becoming very common to see upto third generation Yoruba men with Igbo mothers.
Correct
Just like former governor of River state Rotimi Amechi
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by aswani(m): 6:00am On Jul 24
Fulmigati:
Don't be a hypocrite. If you have a problem with a Half Yoruba/Half Igbo running for governorship of lagos. You should not have a problem with South Africans not wanting a Nigerian girl as miss SA. She is beautiful tho.

No one had a problem with half whatever in Lagos state, same as they didn't have in Oṣùn state and elected Ẹdẹ Charles Horspt governor. RIP to Charles by the way.

This lady hasn't got an SM timeline of reigning insults and abuses on South Africans. She also doesn't appear to deceptively highlight different aspects of her names at different times to appeal to people for shameless electoral gain

Chinedu Gbadebo wants to be Lagos state governor but wants to gaslight Ndi Yoruba, where is that done that people will vote for you despite you insulting their heritage and showing how little you respect it?
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by mikeweezy(m): 7:02am On Jul 24
Kdon2:

This one is definitely ibo wishing to be yoruba 😂😜
even you here in Nigeria is still hating on her.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Santalpharay: 7:35am On Jul 24
Kdon2:

This one is definitely ibo wishing to be yoruba 😂😜
you are not any better than those South Africans. That is why I don't pity Nigerians anytime something like this comes up. She probably married a Yoruba, because they like Igbo girls. Like Davido
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Santalpharay: 7:43am On Jul 24
AdolfHitlerxXx:

South Africans should check her well.

They desperately want to be Yorubas. Even copy our names grin

Which one is Adetshina. undecided

If God ever allows change of ethnic group for 24 hours, 5% will reduce to 0.000000000001%.

They wouldn't rush to be Caucasians oooo..na Yoruba wey them dey envy and wish to be.

I was shocked when I met some adult wo-MEN who told me they would do anything to be Yoruba, even get tribal marks all over their face. shocked

Na lies go finally kpai you. Tiger faces are not beautiful at all. Who wish to belong there. Tiger faces don't win beauty pageant
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Tellmeastory: 8:21am On Jul 24
Kingosytex:
Same blacks who cry racism at every given opportunity marginalize and discriminate against themselves. sad

The same South Africans who say that Lookman and other SE stars who were born abroad aren't Nigerians, are the same people who now say that Chidimma who was born in South Africa isn't a South African grin

Stop talking rubbish about “crying racism at every given opportunity”, you fcking slave to white people. Always seeking opportunity to excuse evil racism using the excuse of supposed disunity among blacks.

Are whites themselves united?

They slaughtered over 100 million of themselves in the 20th century in what they called ‘world wars’, but were in fact European tribal wars.

So disunity in any group DOES NOT JUSTIFY OR EXCUSE RACISM AGAINST THE SAID GROUP, so quit making such STUPID SLAVEBOY remarks.

1 Like

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Santalpharay: 8:27am On Jul 24
Angelfrost:
She deserves the backlash tbh...!

When we tell you dull youths to identify with your roots, una think say person dey misyarn.

...And for those of you complaining about racism, shebi una dey see una fellow Africans?!!

Is Xenophobia any better than Racism?!!

So if you are born in America and you grow up in the same America, will anything stop you from living your life and enjoying the career of your choice freely. You still have the same mentality with the South Africans. So just as you rightly said, xenophobia and racism and even tribalism are the same thing
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Santalpharay: 8:31am On Jul 24
Puss360:
Her father is the cause of all these... Why going to sleep with SA woman??
You all say Nigeria gals are rubbish, now see the country people of your beloved wife is/are rejecting your daughter...
"Chidinma"... Igbo man... Oya marry Igbo you say no..
Oya choose from the 520 tribes in Nigeria... You say never say na SA woman dey hungry you...

My poor girl pls come back home and hustle here ..

Just look at what you are typing. Many Nigerians are marrying women in almost every country in the world. I know someone marrying from Sierra Leone and Zaire. You are free to marry whoever you met and fell in love with. Oyinbo people are marrying Africans too
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by Kingosytex(m): 9:14am On Jul 24
Tellmeastory:

Stop talking rubbish about “crying racism at every given opportunity”, you fcking slave to white people. Always seeking opportunity to excuse evil racism using the excuse of supposed disunity among blacks.

Are whites themselves united?

They slaughtered over 100 million of themselves in the 20th century in what they called ‘world wars’, but were in fact European tribal wars.

So disunity in any group DOES NOT JUSTIFY OR EXCUSE RACISM AGAINST THE SAID GROUP, so quit making such STUPID SLAVEBOY remarks.

You are an ignorant, senseless, and pathetic fellow. You should learn how to make your points without resorting to subtly throwing tantrums and shades like a spoilt brat.

The whites tried to purge themselves in the 20th century like you said, are we still in the 20th century?😂
Have you seen how retrogressive and silly your analogy is?
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by xeju: 9:46am On Jul 24
South Africans can't love their fellow blacks but they're fighting for Palestinians. Senseless country
naptu2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iCYd3clQHc?si=OmAti7p5wJYamgJd

South African model, Chidimma Vanessa Onwe Adetshina has made it to the last 13 of the Miss South Africa 2024 Pageant. However Adetshina, who has a Nigerian father and South African mother and was raised in Soweto, has faced backlash from some South Africans who say that she is not South African.

The Miss South Africa Organisation says that Chidmma Adetshina has met all the criteria for participation. Responding to the insults and xenopbobic attacks that the 23 year old law student has faced, the organisation said “All documentation provided by the entrants is screened and vetted”.

According to Miss SA eligibility, contestants must be South African citizens and possess a valid ID or passport. If the contestant holds dual citizenship, documents relating to both must be made available

According to an amendment to the South African Citizenship Act, citizenship can be acquired by birth, descent, or naturalisation.

By birth means any individual born in the country, provided their parents are permanent residents.

Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by DLifeless1: 2:13pm On Jul 24
Kdon2:

Yoruba is the standard for quality while is the standard for quantity. Check prostitution indecies in Nigeria 😜

No need for fake indices, we know people who peddle lies and propaganda, no be for here person manufacture Bishops over Night for election? Inside here someone who tamed Atlantic ocean and built the Most beautiful city in the world is now having epilepsy to know his right from left, forged fake Dubai website to steal Nigerians Money, etc.
I am in Yoruba land now, the indices dey play out in front of me, both men and women here have morals or discipline for marriage, you fit use 50 naira digestive biscuit collect yoruba woaman from en husband and even have party with the woman and en female daughters.
There is no need for any excel spreadsheet for that precious information, it is the reality.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by DLifeless1: 2:17pm On Jul 24
javascript1901:
she's Yoruba

I know she is yoruba and very beautiful like other yoruba ladies, I just want the mugu to dey whine en self.
Re: Chidimma Adetshina Makes Top 13 Of Miss South Africa 2024, Faces Backlash by FerdinandJ: 4:05pm On Jul 24
Wow! Congratulations!.
I think you should get a PR backing for your new status so they can help incase of any celebrities related crisis.
Once again, congratulations to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Make Your Dirty Sneakers Look Perfectly White Again. / Beautiful Affordable Laces For Sale Plus Breath Taking, Show Stopping Designs / Are T.M.Lewin Shirts Really Made In Aba??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.