Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,858 members, 7,902,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 03:01 PM

Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria (23499 Views)

Starlink Increases Hardware Price By 112% In Nigeria - From ₦378,000 To ₦800,000 / Multichoice Increases Subscription Rates For DSTV, Gotv Packages / Multichoice Has Implemented Its New DStv/ GOtv Subscription Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 2:04pm On Jul 24
Obviouslyblunt:
lmao. An ipa I built from GitHub and side-loaded myself? Botnet indeed.

Watch your DNS calls when streaming using your app.
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by dkidd: 2:04pm On Jul 24
Obviouslyblunt:
Lol. For you guys that pay for Netflix. I watch all my movies free and you guys that pay for Netflix don’t even get it before me or clearer than mine.
Share code
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by kingxsamz(m): 2:05pm On Jul 24
Why use Netflix when torrent downloads are still in existence? 😂

4 Likes

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by allthingsgood: 2:07pm On Jul 24
Didijiji:
we need to say it to their face. We ain’t all fools

Even you that is shouting here, u are not innocent. Nobody is. We have been changing govt since 1999 but everybody remains corrupt.
Even you that is shouting here, if they give u chance u will still chop your own. You will still put your family and friends in lucrative positions. So try rest you hear. Nobody holy pass laslas

3 Likes

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by nairalanda1(m): 2:07pm On Jul 24
BABANGBALI:
liar

He is telling the truth. There are 'dodgy' websites where you can watch the same shows someone sees on Netflix for free

The only wahala is they also tend to attract viruses

1 Like

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by Confirm4real(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24
Fake news Emilokan is doing well jare wink

1 Like

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by Emily22(m): 2:09pm On Jul 24
Obviouslyblunt:
I no ever get strength to argue. Just a tip on my phone, not android box yet o.

Drop app name
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:10pm On Jul 24
airsaylongcome:

Lol....I don't. I'm good fam. Can host my own and watch exactly what I want. On my own servers
But here you are thinking someone else cannot grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:10pm On Jul 24
nairalanda1:

He is telling the truth. There are 'dodgy' websites where you can watch the same shows someone sees on Netflix for free

The only wahala is they also tend to attract viruses
like football links ahha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 2:17pm On Jul 24
erico2k2:

But here you are thinking someone else cannot grin grin grin

I am not hosting for other users. Or questioning peoples decision making subscribing to Netflix because they can't host theirs. Which is what you inferred that made me respond to your initial post. Hosting yours isn't free so there's really no free streaming platform. That you don't pay money to subscribe doesn't mean you are not paying somehow. Whoever is hosting the server has costs to pay and gets revenue for that from those who use their platforms
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by OgwuEgo: 2:18pm On Jul 24
Be like I go stop to subscribe, no interesting movie sef.

1 Like

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by MT: 2:19pm On Jul 24
seborrhic:
Please I maybe naive with this Netflix but don't you still have to subscribe for data?
So if you have to subscribe still for data for HD,which may cost average of 1Gb for each HD movie,how does this make economic sense?
Unless of course you are in a place where you have free WiFi or access to one.

or in a place where you can AFFORD the data.
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:19pm On Jul 24
airsaylongcome:

I am not hosting for other users. Or questioning peoples decision making subscribing to Netflix because they can't host theirs. Which is what you inferred that made me respond to your initial post. Hosting yours isn't free so there's really no free streaming platform. That you don't pay money to subscribe doesn't mean you are not paying somehow. Whoever is hosting the server has costs to pay and gets revenue for that from those who use their platforms
so how about them free links to watch football matches??
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 2:24pm On Jul 24
erico2k2:

so how about them free links to watch football matches??

Same. Probably even more dangerous if you ask me. I watched the Euros finals on one of those (I no get power for DSTV drama right now although I go renew for BBN this weekend 😊). Had a dedicated device on an isolated LAN passing through a DNS ad blocker. Site refused to work with the ad blocker in place. Had to create a physically separate network, installed Kodi and necessary plug in and streamed. At the end of the game, formatted the computer I used.

1 Like

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by Jeje247: 2:26pm On Jul 24
djseanjohn77:

Nigeria's subscription is still the cheapest. I pay 14.99 dollars monthly over here.
what do you earn monthly?
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by MT: 2:26pm On Jul 24
comrChris:
Paying such amount when you still need data to use it is ridiculous

Just for you to know, cost of data and Netflix are more expensive abroad than in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:27pm On Jul 24
airsaylongcome:

Same. Probably even more dangerous if you ask me. I watched the Euros finals on one of those (I no get power for DSTV drama right now although I go renew for BBN this weekend 😊). Had a dedicated device on an isolated LAN passing through a DNS ad blocker. Site refused to work with the ad blocker in place. Had to create a physically separate network, installed Kodi and necessary plug in and streamed. At the end of the game, formatted the computer I used.
I thought you said you host?? did you 4get that bit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:27pm On Jul 24
djseanjohn77:

Nigeria's subscription is still the cheapest. I pay 14.99 dollars monthly over here.
Netfliss is less than £6 IN THE uk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by MT: 2:29pm On Jul 24
I do not understand why people are complaining.

Netflix or Dstv are not for everyone. Stay with terrestrial TV which comes free - like NTA etc - if you cannot afford them.

Not everyone has cable TV abroad.

The service provider has just announced the new cost of their services, if you cannot afford it, stay off it or rather provide such services at ridiculously cheaper prices for the public.

Cable TV is not a must for your consumption. It is not food. It is a luxury.
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 2:29pm On Jul 24
RepoMan007:
Who watches films on Netflix if not the fast n furious earners?

Dey reason well abeg.

Is it just Netflix?!!

Is there anything in your country that hasn't gone up by over 50%?!!

Who watches?!! Who eats?!! Who drinks?!! Who attends?!!

Haba!!!

2 Likes

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 2:30pm On Jul 24
erico2k2:

I thought you said you host?? did you 4get that bit?

Lol! Host a live event? I don't. I host movies, series and other on-demand content not Live TV. Does Netflix and its several competitors stream live TV?

1 Like

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by GodHimself(m): 2:32pm On Jul 24
This is a cash grab by Netflix.

Theoarhics:
Prime is still the same price it has been since last year. Same with Amazon. Or are they not in Nigeria too?
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by erico2k2(m): 2:33pm On Jul 24
airsaylongcome:

Lol! Host a live event? I don't. I host movies, series and other on-demand content not Live TV. Does Netflix and its several competitors stream live TV?
how is Netflix a live event? Cos the context of this talk is Netflix
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by airsaylongcome: 2:34pm On Jul 24
erico2k2:

how is Netflix a live event? Cos the context of this talk is Netflix
. You asked about Free live football links. Clarify that question because it seems to me like they may have been a misunderstanding on my part what that question was about.
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by Karleb(m): 2:35pm On Jul 24
High seas go don full now. cheesy
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by torqque7(m): 2:36pm On Jul 24
bobbiiee:
Well done. Many new movies are on telegram. Those that cant afford the the new rate can go for lower sub. Iptv may be a good option. 7k for something I may not watch more than 3 times in a week.
Where on telegram pls?is it Iptv to search on telegram?pls how do I get these new movies on telegram
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by Nkl4u: 2:37pm On Jul 24
2special:
Have been seeing this Netflix, I don't know anything about it....I need to educate myself

Na 18th century you dey? grin
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by AmericanIdiot(m): 2:40pm On Jul 24
airsaylongcome:

Absolutely nothing is free bro. You download them from pirated websites? You pay dearly for those

How do you pay dearly for it?🤣
Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by AmericanIdiot(m): 2:41pm On Jul 24
bobbiiee:
Where do you get your movies?

Netflix is very useless
Doesn’t even have real movies sef
E no get correct movies
Only all those their useless Netflix originals😡

2 Likes

Re: Netflix Increases Subscription Price By 40% In Nigeria by saintbillion(m): 2:41pm On Jul 24
Na to cancel my sub be that oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: Biggie Issues Ike His Second Strike / When The Epic Cartoon, Voltron Made Its Debut (Throwback) / Mo Adeniran Wins The Voice UK 2017 (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.