Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,937 members, 7,922,306 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:32 AM

Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. (52667 Views)

Italian Boxer, Carini Apologises To Khelif / Biography Of Imane Khelif: Parent, Husband, Kids And More / Fethi Nourine: Algerian Quits Olympics Rather Than Take On Israeli In Judo Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 11:09am On Aug 02
I've been noticing a load of misinformation floating about, and I think it even made it onto the front page at one point. So, I'm just going to lift this(explanation below) straight from a source, not my own work, mind you and give a brief rundown of the whole thing.

"She has hyperandrogenism, a condition marked by unusually high levels of androgens in her blood, resulting in elevated testosterone and the presence of XY chromosomes.

Imane is not gay, nor trans, but she’s intersex, so born as a woman with male chromosomes, hence the high testosterone and appearance. It’s not Imane’s fault and Imane did not consciously changed her gender from man to woman, that’s just how she is."

It's quite straightforward, really, for those who can be bothered to read and do their own research without blindly following the crowd of misinformation.

Below, you'll find photos of her from when she was a youngster, as well as her record. And, might I add, she's had a few fight and come out on the losing end, too.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by madridguy(m): 11:16am On Aug 02
I so much like the manner at which Angela Carini is crying grin

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by wonseun(m): 11:18am On Aug 02
This is surprising
Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 11:20am On Aug 02
madridguy:
grin
Look, putting our differences aside for a moment, I'm just trying to tackle this issue head-on. Some people are making a right fuss, saying she's not a woman or something, simply because she's got a masculine appearance, according to them, or had the audacity to punch her opponent hard in a fight. Are you one of these people? Lol

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 11:20am On Aug 02
wonseun:
This is surprising
Not surprising. Common sense is what we call it!
Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by PJtech: 11:23am On Aug 02
That doesn't change the fact that she has XY chromosomes which makes her 'male'

Males should not be allowed to take part in women games

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by OALandAgents: 11:24am On Aug 02
Not trans, considered intersex but is genetically and physiologically like an adult male complete with a healthy pair of functional testes, which is responsible for producing male levels of testosterone.
wonseun:
This is surprising

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by DevilsEqual(m): 11:27am On Aug 02
OALandAgents:
Not trans, considered intersex but is genetically and physiologically like an adult male.

How can she be intersex when she doesnt have any male reproductive organ

She just has a hugh testosterone level

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by madridguy(m): 11:28am On Aug 02
You have done so well bringing it here. I'm laughing seeing some people thinking Muslim country will send a transgender to represent them.

Its surprising Imane Khelif who has been defeated by five other women, is being falsely labeled as a man. But she too crush that Italian lady.

Botragelad:

Look, putting our differences aside for a moment, I'm just trying to tackle this issue head-on. Some people are making a right fuss, saying she's not a woman or something, simply because she's got a masculine appearance, according to them, or had the audacity to punch her opponent hard in a fight. Are you one of these people? Lol

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by SWriter(f): 11:33am On Aug 02
🤨
Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 11:34am On Aug 02
PJtech:
That doesn't change the fact that she has XY chromosomes which makes her 'male'

Males should not be allowed to take part in women games
You can be a pregnant woman and have XY chromosome. You know that right? So does it make them any less of a woman?
I can also tell you that sex chromosomes are not the sole determinant of a person's sex or gender. XY chromosomes don't automatically make someone "male". It's complex.

And what about individuals with variations like XXY, XYY, or Turner syndrome? Do they not fit into your "male" or "female" boxes? It's like you've never heard of intersex conditions or the nuances of human biology.

So please kindly explain to me how does not having XY chromosomes automatically disqualify someone from competing in women's sports. I await your response. Thanks!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 11:35am On Aug 02
madridguy:
You have done so well bringing it here. I'm laughing seeing some people thinking Muslim country will send a transgender to represent them.

Its surprising Imane Khelif who has been defeated by five other women, is being falsely labeled as a man. But she too crush that Italian lady.

Exactly. Nice to know someone understands!

1 Like

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 11:48am On Aug 02
semid4lyfe
Nlfpmod
nlfpmod
Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by PJtech: 11:53am On Aug 02
Botragelad:

You can be a pregnant woman and have XY chromosome. You know that right? So does it make them any less of a woman?
I can also tell you that sex chromosomes are not the sole determinant of a person's sex or gender. XY chromosomes don't automatically make someone "male". It's complex.

And what about individuals with variations like XXY, XYY, or Turner syndrome? Do they not fit into your "male" or "female" boxes? It's like you've never heard of intersex conditions or the nuances of human biology.

So please kindly explain to me how does not having XY chromosomes automatically disqualify someone from competing in women's sports. I await your response. Thanks!
Turner syndrome are Females born with only one X chromosomes, how does that makes them male

4 Likes

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by brain54(m): 11:54am On Aug 02
Born with xy chromosomes...

This is a very complex issue actually.

But I still feel it's an unfair advantage. It's like half male and half female.

Maybe it should be considered creating a special Olympics or games for these "unique" people!

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 12:06pm On Aug 02
PJtech:

Turner syndrome are Females born with only one X chromosomes, how does that makes them male
Who said it makes them male? I asked you a question whether or not it ticks your male and female box. You clearly didn't read to understand my previous response.

Now turner syndrome, is a condition where a female is born with only one X chromosome (45,X instead of 46,XX). And, for your information they're still female! How can that be, you ask? Well.

In my previous response I explained that sex chromosomes aren't the only determining factor for sex or gender! It's a complex. And in Turner syndrome, the presence of a single X chromosome still triggers the development of female characteristics.

So, simple sense tell you that having only one X chromosome doesn't make someone male. That's like saying a car with three wheels is a bicycle. It's a bloody nonsense!

And another thing you should know, Turner syndrome individuals are still women, with female Instruments and secondary sex characteristics. They might have some developmental issues, but that doesn't change their sex or gender. Do you understand now?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 12:15pm On Aug 02
brain54:
Born with xy chromosomes...

This is a very complex issue actually.

But I still feel it's an unfair advantage. It's like half male and half female.

Maybe it should be considered creating a special Olympics or games for these "unique" people!
😂 What's special Olympics for these people!🤷‍♂️
Were you not taught that having XY chromosomes doesn't make someone "half male and half female"? It's akin to saying a person with brown eyes is half-blind. Are they? Chromosomes don't work that way!

Now differences in sex development (DSDs) can't be reduced to your idea of "unfair advantage". It's not a game, where you can just create a separate league for those who don't fit the binary mold. Where did "unique" come from?
Will you suggest a separate classroom for kids with blonde hair because they're "different" from Africa kids?
No.

Look your athletic performance is influenced by training, and whatever you are taught, etc. It's not just XY vs XX issue. And even if it were, would we then create separate leagues for those with "advantageous" muscle distributions? Where does this bloody nonsense end?

You guys are something else on here.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by PJtech: 12:18pm On Aug 02
Botragelad:

Who said it makes them male? I asked you a question whether or not it ticks your male and female box. You clearly didn't read to understand my previous response.

Now turner syndrome, is a condition where a female is born with only one X chromosome (45,X instead of 46,XX). And, for your information they're still female! How can that be, you ask? Well.

In my previous response I explained that sex chromosomes aren't the only determining factor for sex or gender! It's a complex. And in Turner syndrome, the presence of a single X chromosome still triggers the development of female characteristics.

So, simple sense tell you that having only one X chromosome doesn't make someone male. That's like saying a car with three wheels is a bicycle. It's a bloody nonsense!

And another thing you should know, Turner syndrome individuals are still women, with female Instruments and secondary sex characteristics. They might have some developmental issues, but that doesn't change their sex or gender. Do you understand now?

In biology there's only two Gender male and female. There're different factors that decide human gender which chromosomes is one of the, another is the genital
Since your point is Turner syndrome are neither male or female so what about hermaphrodites. What gender are they?

You people trying to rubbish biology

11 Likes

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 12:29pm On Aug 02
PJtech:

In biology there's only two Gender male and female. There're different factors that decide human gender which chromosomes is one of the, another is the genital
Since your point is Turner syndrome are neither male or female so what about hermaphrodites. What gender are they?

You people trying to rubbish biology
Why do you choose to focus on Turner syndrome which I only used as an example. Why not address the main issue?

Sex and gender, these two exist on spectrums, with variations in chromosomes, Instruments, hormones, whatever you think of. When you say "male" and "female" will you also say the only fruits are apple and orange.

I already said this. Yes, turner syndrome individuals are indeed female, and hermaphrodites(please call them intersex individuals), and they do not fit into your binary classification either. They may identify as male, female, or non-binary, depending on their biology and identity. How's that so confusing?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by PJtech: 12:35pm On Aug 02
Botragelad:

Why do you choose to focus on Turner syndrome which I only used as an example. Why not address the main issue?

Sex and gender, these two exist on spectrums, with variations in chromosomes, Instruments, hormones, whatever you think of. When you say "male" and "female" will you also say the only fruits are apple and orange.

I already said this. Yes, turner syndrome individuals are indeed female, and hermaphrodites(please call them intersex individuals), and they do not fit into your binary classification either. They may identify as male, female, or non-binary, depending on their biology and identity. How's that so confusing?

Stop being delusional. There're nothing like non-binary

If it's not "male" then its definitely "female"

You and your lots can't change that fact

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 12:43pm On Aug 02
PJtech:

Stop being delusional. There're nothing like non-binary

If it's not "male" then its definitely "female"

You and your lots can't change that fact
Look who we have here. A genius who thinks he's right. Take a sit, mate!

"if it's not male, it's female", right?. Do we also say if it's not red, it's blue? If yes, then you've successfully ignored the entire spectrum in between! Does that make any sense?

If you didn't skip your biology class you would understand that biology itself defies your nonsense male-female dichotomy. Intersex individuals, for example, can have variations. From chromosomes to Instruments, and hormones that don't fit into your idea(please read my previous response). And what about those with XXY or XYY chromosomes? Do they not exist too?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by PJtech: 12:56pm On Aug 02
Botragelad:

Look who we have here. A genius who thinks he's right. Take a sit, mate!

"if it's not male, it's female", right?. Do we also say if it's not red, it's blue? If yes, then you've successfully ignored the entire spectrum in between! Does that make any sense?

If you didn't skip your biology class you would understand that biology itself defies your nonsense male-female dichotomy. Intersex individuals, for example, can have variations. From chromosomes to Instruments, and hormones that don't fit into your idea(please read my previous response). And what about those with XXY or XYY chromosomes? Do they not exist too?

FYI genetic sex is like word and opposites. If it's not "good" then its "bad", if it's not "open" then its "close". Stop bringing other narratives

And yes there are people with XXY or XYY which is irregularities in chromosomes that happens in rare cases both in plants and animals.

XXY has a dominant of XX chromosomes and they're identified as females
XYY has a dominant of XY chromosomes and they're identified as females

And it also happens in animals and plants.. Except you'll tell me that such animals or plants are also non binary

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by OALandAgents: 1:01pm On Aug 02
" She" does have male reproductive system including functional testicles.
DevilsEqual:

How can she be intersex when she doesnt have any male reproductive organ

She just has a hugh testosterone level

5 Likes

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 1:11pm On Aug 02
PJtech:

FYI genetic sex is like word and opposites. If it's not "good" then its "bad", if it's not "open" then its "close". Stop bringing other narratives

And yes there are people with XXY or XYY which is irregularities in chromosomes that happens in rare cases both in plants and animals.

XXY has a dominant of XX chromosomes and they're identified as females
XYY has a dominant of XY chromosomes and they're identified as females

And it also happens in animals and plants.. Except you'll tell me that such animals or plants are also non binary
For crying out loud genetics is a nuanced field
XXY and XYY are chromosomal variations.
XXY individuals aren't simply "identified as females" due to a "dominant" XX influence! And XYY individuals aren't automatically "identified as males" either. It's not straightforward! We spoke about this from the beginning, read up there. Don't get why you keep on repeating yourself.

Plants and animals have their own mechanism
And,no, I won't tell you that animals or plants with chromosomal variations are "non-binary". That's not the point! The point is that your understanding of these things is not adequate to describe how complex genetics and biology is.

If I'm allowed to ask. Now what about plants that change sex in response to environmental cues? Or those that have multiple sexes, like some species of ferns and mosses? What would you say about such complexity? Lol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by PJtech: 1:16pm On Aug 02
Botragelad:

For crying out loud genetics is a nuanced field
XXY and XYY are chromosomal variations.
XXY individuals aren't simply "identified as females" due to a "dominant" XX influence! And XYY individuals aren't automatically "identified as males" either. It's not straightforward! We spoke about this from the beginning, read up there. Don't get why you keep on repeating yourself.

Plants and animals have their own mechanism
And,no, I won't tell you that animals or plants with chromosomal variations are "non-binary". That's not the point! The point is that your understanding of these things is not adequate to describe how complex genetics and biology is.

If I'm allowed to ask. Now what about plants that change sex in response to environmental cues? Or those that have multiple sexes, like some species of ferns and mosses? What would you say about such complexity? Lol

I made myself clear, whatever you like believe. I'm hungry and don't have too much energy to argue today peradventure we can educate ourselves more in the future

For now i never chop. I'm famished 😪😪

2 Likes

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 1:24pm On Aug 02
PJtech:

I made myself clear, whatever you like believe. I'm hungry and don't have too much energy to argue today peradventure we can educate ourselves more in the future

For now i never chop. I'm famished 😪😪
Sure. Enjoy your meal!

9 Likes

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by brain54(m): 1:38pm On Aug 02
Botragelad:

😂 What's special Olympics for these people!🤷‍♂️
Were you not taught that having XY chromosomes doesn't make someone "half male and half female"? It's akin to saying a person with brown eyes is half-blind. Are they? Chromosomes don't work that way!

Now differences in sex development (DSDs) can't be reduced to your idea of "unfair advantage". It's not a game, where you can just create a separate league for those who don't fit the binary mold. Where did "unique" come from?
Will you suggest a separate classroom for kids with blonde hair because they're "different" from Africa kids?
No.

Look your athletic performance is influenced by training, and whatever you are taught, etc. It's not just XY vs XX issue. And even if it were, would we then create separate leagues for those with "advantageous" muscle distributions? Where does this bloody nonsense end?

You guys are something else on here.
But you are very funny o...

This has to be the funniest comment I have seen here through out this week.

We are talking about the biological determinants of a person's sex - chromosomes, hormones (mostly tetestorone) and you are talking about blue eyes, pink lips and blond hair.

The percentage of the person's gender may not be exactly 50-50 or half male and half female as I said. A laboratory can determine that. Like which is the more dominant.

If the issue is that straight forward as blue eyes and blond hair would "she" be having issues and controversies concerning her participation?

No o... They never thought me biology in school... So I never learnt.

But you can call white black and blue green - especially to suit your narrative, but it doesn't change what color it is!

2 Likes

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by brain54(m): 1:41pm On Aug 02
If you had taken your elementary biology seriously...

You will understand the primary determinant of a person's sex is the xy chromosomes and hormones.

What does that make a person with both the X and xy chromosomes?

Talking about blue eyes and blond hair and muscle mass.

You soo funny dude... So if they ask you now what determines a person's gender you will say blue eyes, blond hair and muscle mass?

Getatahere!

2 Likes

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by Botragelad: 1:51pm On Aug 02
brain54:

But you are very funny o...

This has to be the funniest comment I have seen here through out this week.

We are talking about the biological determinants of a person's sex - chromosomes, hormones (mostly tetestorone) and you are talking about blue eyes, pink lips and blond hair.

The percentage of the person's gender may not be exactly 50-50 or half male and half female as I said. A laboratory can determine that. Like which is the more dominant.

If the issue is that straight forward as blue eyes and blond hair would "she" be having issues and controversies concerning her participation?

No o... They never thought me biology in school... So I never learnt.

But you can call white black and blue green - especially to suit your narrative, but it doesn't change what color it is!
So you really think you can separate biological sex determinants into boxes, like chromosomes and testosterone, and then claim that a lab can determine someone's sex as "more dominant"? Please, that's not how biology works!

I'm saying this again, sex chromosomes are not the only determinants of sex, and testosterone is not the only hormone involved! Estrogen, progesterone, and others are there too.

Where did you get this "percentage of gender" from, because it is utter bunkum. Now, tell me, how do you reduce gender identity percentages or dominance? And, there's no way a lab can just determine someone's sex as "more male" or "more female". That's not how gender works! Lol

Are you confused?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by ShoeGetSize: 2:30pm On Aug 02
Imane Khelif has both X and Y Chromosomes.

Only a man can have a Y Chromosome, in fact, the Y Chromosome is transmitted from father to son. It can never be transferred from father to daughter or from mother to son.

In DNA testing when the paternity of a male child is to be determined, it is the Y Chromosome of the biological father which is used to determine paternity.

The very fact that Khelif has both X and Y Chromosomes, completely eliminates any biological claims he has towards being a woman.

You are aggressively promoting 100% anti-science nonsense and garbage.

Botragelad:
I've been noticing a load of misinformation floating about, and I think it even made it onto the front page at one point. So, I'm just going to lift this(explanation below) straight from a source, not my own work, mind you and give a brief rundown of the whole thing.

It's quite straightforward, really, for those who can be bothered to read and do their own research without blindly following the crowd of misinformation.

Below, you'll find photos of her from when she was a youngster, as well as her record. And, might I add, she's had a few fight and come out on the losing end, too.

nlfpmod
Seun
mukina2
Justwise
Nlfpmod
fergie001

10 Likes

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by brain54(m): 2:34pm On Aug 02
Botragelad:

So you really think you can separate biological sex determinants into boxes, like chromosomes and testosterone, and then claim that a lab can determine someone's sex as "more dominant"? Please, that's not how biology works!

I'm saying this again, sex chromosomes are not the only determinants of sex, and testosterone is not the only hormone involved! Estrogen, progesterone, and others are there too.

Where did you get this "percentage of gender" from, because it is utter bunkum. Now, tell me, how do you reduce gender identity percentages or dominance? And, there's no way a lab can just determine someone's sex as "more male" or "more female". That's not how gender works! Lol

Are you confused?

Hahaha...
🤣🤣

Bossu you are sounding more ridiculous with this your argument. You are the one who is confused here.

Ok. Tell me what other determinants to sex or gender apart from chromosomes, hormones or the visible sex organs?

You mentioned estrogen and pregesterone which are primarily female hormones while tetestorone is a male hormone.

Estrogen plays a crucial role in formation of the female reproductive system. It plays a part in development of hips, breasts, pubic hair development etc. It also has to do with menstruation and uterus development for potential pregnancy. It plays a part in fetal development.

Progesterone is also a female hormone that is produced in the ovaries (I am sure as a man you have ovaries with this your argument) fertilization of eggs etc.

Tetestorone is primarily a male hormone. If you don't know what it is I can explain it later because I am tired of typing right now.

Like I said you are the one who is confused here.

Confused in a funny way!

6 Likes

Re: Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Is Not Trans. by brain54(m): 2:36pm On Aug 02
You are confused...

What beats my imagination is the confidence in your ignorance!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Mbappe To Take Zidane’s Iconic Shirt Number At Real Madrid / Lionel Messi Shows Off Skills After Ballon D'or Award In Barca Training (Photos) / Ogenyi Onazi Survives Accident In Oyo State Ahead Of Saturday Wedding (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.