Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,106 members, 7,973,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 03:07 AM

Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola (18945 Views)

Jamiu Abiola: Nigerians Blast Abiola's Son Over Comment About Buhari & MKO / Reno Omokri To Jamiu Abiola: Abacha Jailed Your Father Buhari Was His Accomplice / Jamiu Abiola: Yoruba Should Vote For Buhari To Honor My Father - Abiolas Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by kaludestiny10(m): 11:05am On Aug 04
I'm the happiest person on earth because the South easterners refused to join in this protest. It's not as if they are not feeling or partaking in the national hunger and hardship but simply to avoid being tagged as a region that overthrow the Yoruba government of Tinubu.
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by ceejay80s(m): 11:05am On Aug 04
See the idiot dey find government work,
U think eye service will help
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Uncletony(m): 11:15am On Aug 04
Yoruba Muslims and propaganda!. So this country good for una eye like this?!
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Kokomaster69: 11:29am On Aug 04
What's this one saying ? Just opening your mouth to say rubbish.
People like me is old enough to know what your father did.
Your father dined with the devils without knowing how to use long spoon. Your father was the major contractor supplying a lot of things to ECOMOG then , working for Babangida and Abacha by proxy. It was simply business gone wrong between your father, Babangida and Abacha that later snowed ball into election matters. That's a FACT for those of us who sabi wetin happened.
Don't come and start brainwashing new
generation children about your nonsense talk.
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Charly68: 11:41am On Aug 04
They have failed with their collaborators before arrival.
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by aestake: 12:09pm On Aug 04
TimeManager:
No man born of a woman can dethrone President Bola Ahmed Tinubu aka Jagaban.

-Kiss the truth!
grin grin grin
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by zumbigbo(m): 12:23pm On Aug 04
Mace0lane:
Waiting for

You are an illiterate buffoon. Read and digest what he said rather than following your 2k a month stipend directives.

'The same people that worked against my dad and cancelled his election'

Who cancelled Abiola's election?
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Ekaka14: 12:25pm On Aug 04
Abeg, na MKO pikin be this abi na another wannabe...nothing about him resembles baba....he must be another scam and a tinubu beneficiary
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by torqque7(m): 12:38pm On Aug 04
See as he be like toad..your father would be rolling in his grave now totally disappointed in you embarrassing ass..
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by shinealight(m): 12:49pm On Aug 04
Feintline:
I totally disagree.
Tinubu's case is the consequences of descrating the land in his desperate quest to grab power.

I decided to just seat and watch. Nothing happening comes as a suprise. I warned here severally of the consequences of tinubu desecrating the land and removing the ancient landmark of the fathers in his desperate quest for power but it fell on deaf ears.

I warned here severally that tinubu has triggered a curse on the land with his desecrations.

I warned here severally that nothing tinubu will do will make sense no matter who he appoints because of the curse he triggered in his quest for power.

The dearth in the land is not about tinubu as a person.
It is about what was done for tinubu to grab power.

We must repair the desecrations for our nation to have a hope of revival.
All the desecrators from tinubu executive arm to the legislature and judiciary must be patrotic enough to get out, so as to repair the damage.
Every person who had a hand or benefited from removing the ancient landmark of the land to usher in this unparalled dearth in the nation should be patrotic and sacrificial enough to do the right thing . The Country is bleeding profusely

Nonsense! cool cool
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Electorate: 12:53pm On Aug 04
BeeBeeOoh:

https://dailytrust.com/protests-forces-that-cancelled-my-fathers-election-now-after-tinubu-abiolas-son/

Same song different tune, same way you idiots spoke about Buhari"s body language when he first started as a confused disaster that took almost nine months to end up with incompetent ministers. We all saw how it ended. You now playing same song with a different tune thinking you can fool already wise citizens. Kole work .

Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by BreconHills(m): 1:02pm On Aug 04
Believeintruth:

But Major Ademoyega, Captain Adeleke were also among thos who shed their fellow citizens blood along with Lt Fola Oyewole.
Going by your postulations, yorubas also shed citizens blood in 1966 too

Is there anywhere I mentioned any tribe? Why are you triggered?
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by callmenazarene: 1:18pm On Aug 04
May God help us.
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Originalsly: 1:21pm On Aug 04
Salewa97:

Abiola, you don talk am well!

The truth be say, na the same forces wey deny your papa his rightful place wey still dey try to disrupt Tinubu’s government.

People need to calm down and see the bigger picture.

Tinubu don already start to make moves wey go change things for better.

Na only when we give am time and support we go see the real impact of his leadership.

Na God get control of everything, and this na just part of the journey.

Make we no allow our emotions cloud our judgment.

Tinubu is here to stay, and he’s for the common man!

What moves has Tinubu made since taking office that put us in a better place? ... what has he done so far? Name two ... any two. What he has shown us so far is that he has been making moves to affect us ... to move us backwards ... and I can name a lot ...as in the weakening of the Naira ... deteriorating security issues ... increasing cost of living ... a minimum wage with wayyy less buying power than the previous one.... reducing the national reserves ... increasing the national debt by borrowing billions with nothing to shown for it... I'll stop here. You name two things he did that are positive.Back up what you're saying.
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Electorate: 1:39pm On Aug 04
TimeManager:

-Kiss the truth!

Foolish talk, what if he dies on the throne?

Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Everydaylove: 1:46pm On Aug 04
Don't worry Tinubu will give you appointment soon.. loool
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by SimpleByNature(m): 1:50pm On Aug 04
BeeBeeOoh:

https://dailytrust.com/protests-forces-that-cancelled-my-fathers-election-now-after-tinubu-abiolas-son/

The same forces that your tribe has been working with. So what really happened, simply because they asked for good governance. SMH
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Sweeetheart(m): 2:00pm On Aug 04
Believeintruth:

Rest, you have failed on this one.

When are you bringing police ? Mumu boy
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Believeintruth: 2:02pm On Aug 04
BreconHills:

Is there anywhere I mentioned any tribe? Why are you triggered?

One the characteristics of you guys is the sheer narcissism you exhibit. You deliberately make statements that have hidden implications then when you are called out, you now gaslight the person.

1 Like

Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Believeintruth: 2:02pm On Aug 04
Sweeetheart:

When are you bringing police ? Mumu boy

You have failed.
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by OmoOshodi(m): 2:05pm On Aug 04
Tinubu is a clear evidence that Abiola never meant well for Nigeria...... Babangida saw this on time... Yakubu and ariwoola brought this menace on Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by bentenny(m): 2:07pm On Aug 04
Isn't this the same man who during the Buhari regime as president told Nigerians to give Buhari another term because he was following the footsteps of your father?
After Buhari's 8 years of disaster,you now jumped on Tinubu's bandwagon to now claim that Tinubu is following the footsteps of your father!

So my question is what has changed?
Are you implying that your father's economic policies or blueprint which was copied by Buhari was a disaster?
Well you know those whom you can deceive!

Besides,your father was not even as righteous as the media made us to believe so stop using your father to gaslight and deceive the gullible!
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by bentenny(m): 2:14pm On Aug 04
@OP..Don't also forget to include the part where Jamil Abiola hilariously said nigerians are going through economic hardship because God is testing us😂😂😂
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Ifybwoy: 2:33pm On Aug 04
lailo:

Low IQ people who wake their father up I'm the morning with a leg kick.
Do u remember to add that the minimum wage in 2025 was paltry #18k but now #70,000?
Do u also remember that COVID 19 was after 2015 and that all countries not even one left behind are still struggling to ameliorate its effect. UK has had cause to change 4 different Prime minister since COVID, just within 4 years.
If I'm to follow your foolish analysis, since u can get a good room and parlour self contain in a good area in Nigeria at #250k, and u can never get same feature in UK with a less than #1.5m in UK, then Nigeria is better than UK grin.
But the indexes are not same and I won't follow that stupid analysis.
Continue in your fooly kid.

Na you get low IQ but continue 😂

Minimum wage was just 18k in 2015 yes, but that 18k can buy you 2 bags of rice.

Now that your mentally unstable Yoruba agbado brother is on the throne and increased minimum wage to 70k, can that 70k get you 1 bag of rice??

The answer is No.

Mumu IQ man and Chief analyzer use your brain not everything is tribal war.

We know say you Yorubas no get brain and are cowards but make una try dey reason well.
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by lexy2014: 3:05pm On Aug 04
Acekidc4:
Those forces have failed already

what are those forces? can you name them?

see tinubu what tinubu said about jonathan. how has he done any better?

is it forces that are responsible for his failure?

11th January, 2012

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) national leader and former governor of Lagos State, has accused the Jonathan presidency of betraying its social contract with the people by suddenly removing fuel subsidy.
He, however, provided a window out of the crisis: if subsidy must be removed at all, it must never be at one fell swoop. Rather it must be on calibrated phrases, on which the promised gains are measured and confirmed before moving to the next phase of removal.
“Government must modify the sudden and complete removal of the subsidy. Either we restore the subsidy or use the funds for other social purposes,” Asiwaju Tinubu counselled in a special release he captioned, ‘Removal of oil subsidy – President Jonathan breaks social contract with the people’ and which he personally signed.
“If we are to use the funds for other programmes, these programmes shall be placed on parallel track with the subsidy. As more of these programmes are ready to go on line, then the subsidy can be lifted in phases” he continued. “In this way, the public is assured government will not lower its total expenditure on their behalf, thus maintaining the spirit central to the social contract.”
But the former governor cautioned the federal government against economic policies that tend to balance the books at the detriment of the people’s welfare.
“As there is progressive politics, there is progressive economics. As there is elitist politics, there is elitist economics,” Asiwaju Tinubu explained. “It all depends on what and who in society government would rather favour. The Jonathan tax,” he declared, “represents a new standard in elitism.”
But the ACN national leader cautioned the president against being captive to economic orthodoxy and its local purveyors, who always look at the Nigerian economy as nothing until when tied to the apron strings of the conservative orthodoxy.
“Because he is slave to wrong-headed economics,” Asiwaju Tinubu said of President Goodluck Jonathan, “the people will become enslaved to greater misery. This crisis will bear his name and will be his legacy. The people now pay a steep tax for voting him into office. The removal of the subsidy is the ‘Jonathan tax’,” he insisted. “The situation shows that ideas count more than personalities. People may occupy office but how that person performs depends on the ideas that occupy his mind.”
Insisting that the subsidy removal was ill-timed, he said there must be some conditions precedent before such a step could be taken.
“First government needs to clean up and throw away the salad of corruption in the NNPC [Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation]. Then, proceed to lay the foundation for a mass transit system in the railways and road network with long term bonds and,” he added, “fully develop the energy sector towards revitalising Nigeria’s economy and easing the burden any subsidy removal may have on the people.”
The former governor however counselled protesters to go about the protests in a peaceful manner, and to eschew all forms of violence.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/01/11/tinubu-jonathan-has-betrayed-the-people/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7CtaEudvx8
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by lexy2014: 3:07pm On Aug 04
lailo:

Do u remember to add that the minimum wage in 2025 was paltry #18k but now #70,000?
Do u also remember that COVID 19 was after 2015 and that all countries not even one left behind are still struggling to ameliorate its effect. UK has had cause to change 4 different Prime minister since COVID, just within 4 years.
If I'm to follow your foolish analysis, since u can get a good room and parlour self contain in a good area in Nigeria at #250k, and u can never get same feature in UK with a less than #1.5m in UK, then Nigeria is better than UK grin.

that 18k could buy 2 bags of rice and you will still have change.

how many bags of rice can you 70k buy today?

pls listen to your darling tinubu castigating jonathan. how has he done better today?

11th January, 2012

Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) national leader and former governor of Lagos State, has accused the Jonathan presidency of betraying its social contract with the people by suddenly removing fuel subsidy.
He, however, provided a window out of the crisis: if subsidy must be removed at all, it must never be at one fell swoop. Rather it must be on calibrated phrases, on which the promised gains are measured and confirmed before moving to the next phase of removal.
“Government must modify the sudden and complete removal of the subsidy. Either we restore the subsidy or use the funds for other social purposes,” Asiwaju Tinubu counselled in a special release he captioned, ‘Removal of oil subsidy – President Jonathan breaks social contract with the people’ and which he personally signed.
“If we are to use the funds for other programmes, these programmes shall be placed on parallel track with the subsidy. As more of these programmes are ready to go on line, then the subsidy can be lifted in phases” he continued. “In this way, the public is assured government will not lower its total expenditure on their behalf, thus maintaining the spirit central to the social contract.”
But the former governor cautioned the federal government against economic policies that tend to balance the books at the detriment of the people’s welfare.
“As there is progressive politics, there is progressive economics. As there is elitist politics, there is elitist economics,” Asiwaju Tinubu explained. “It all depends on what and who in society government would rather favour. The Jonathan tax,” he declared, “represents a new standard in elitism.”
But the ACN national leader cautioned the president against being captive to economic orthodoxy and its local purveyors, who always look at the Nigerian economy as nothing until when tied to the apron strings of the conservative orthodoxy.
“Because he is slave to wrong-headed economics,” Asiwaju Tinubu said of President Goodluck Jonathan, “the people will become enslaved to greater misery. This crisis will bear his name and will be his legacy. The people now pay a steep tax for voting him into office. The removal of the subsidy is the ‘Jonathan tax’,” he insisted. “The situation shows that ideas count more than personalities. People may occupy office but how that person performs depends on the ideas that occupy his mind.”
Insisting that the subsidy removal was ill-timed, he said there must be some conditions precedent before such a step could be taken.
“First government needs to clean up and throw away the salad of corruption in the NNPC [Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation]. Then, proceed to lay the foundation for a mass transit system in the railways and road network with long term bonds and,” he added, “fully develop the energy sector towards revitalising Nigeria’s economy and easing the burden any subsidy removal may have on the people.”
The former governor however counselled protesters to go about the protests in a peaceful manner, and to eschew all forms of violence.

Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by lexy2014: 3:08pm On Aug 04
TimeManager:

-Kiss the truth!

how has tinubu being president made nigeria a better place to live in?
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by lexy2014: 3:11pm On Aug 04
Salewa97:
Abiola, you don talk am well!

The truth be say, na the same forces wey deny your papa his rightful place wey still dey try to disrupt Tinubu’s government.

People need to calm down and see the bigger picture.

Tinubu don already start to make moves wey go change things for better.

Na only when we give am time and support we go see the real impact of his leadership.

Na God get control of everything, and this na just part of the journey.

Make we no allow our emotions cloud our judgment.

Tinubu is here to stay, and he’s for the common man!

indeed he has made moves. lets see the "moves"... grin cheesy grin grin

dollar from 700naira to 1600
bag of rice from 30,000 to 80,000
inflation from 22.79% to 40.7%
from june 2023 to december 2023, tinubu borrowed N3.8tr despite his imaginary savings he said he has made from removing fuel subsidy. the same subsidy he fought jonathan not to remove.

so why did tinubu not give jonathan "time and support"? how has tinubu done better than jonathan so far?

11th January, 2012

so why did tinubu not give jonathan a chance instead of asking for revolution and jonathans resignation? grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by lexy2014: 3:13pm On Aug 04
phemray:

Tinubu did and stood by his actions and explained it's goodness. That is presidential.

Buhari so so weak, Jonathan so much weaker, yaradua weak only Obasanjo stubborn small. reverting policies severally created more problems. Yaradua cancelled & reverse the sales of NNPC refineries and yet refinery didn't work till now while paying turnaround and salaries to NNPC for doing nothing. Jonathan removed subsidy and reverted back after he has successfully used military to stop the protest, why the reversal if you actually know what you are doing. Same as buhari, worse as emefele just they go from and back on policies.
If this Tinubu reversed these policies, then Nigeria can never get it right. Do something different to get different results is d game.

what is the something different that tinubu has done and what are the results of the thing he has done differently?

does it include the following...

dollar from 700naira to 1600
bag of rice from 30,000 to 80,000
inflation from 22.79% to 40.7%
from june 2023 to december 2023, tinubu borrowed N3.8tr despite his imaginary savings he said he has made from removing fuel subsidy. the same subsidy he fought jonathan not to remove.

he has really turned things around. which turning around are you still expecting? grin grin cheesy cheesy

let us see below what he said about jonathan even though jonathan was doing much better than tinubu is presently doing:

11th January, 2012

Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by lexy2014: 3:17pm On Aug 04
Believeintruth:

Bros you are defending a lost cause. Subsidy is normally practiced in developed societies in so many form. The issue here is Nigeria is organised stealing in the name of subsidy. Nothing stop Tinubu if he is sincere in auditing the subsidy regime and plugging loopholes, shebi he is a first class accounting graduate as you people touted. Also it is worthy to note that they have since reintroduced subsidy via the backdoor, but due to the double whammy of unification of exchange rate he is paying double what he should have paid before in subsidy.
When a policy is wrong there is no harm reversing it following civil unrest. There's nothing presidential in Tinubu's decision, it is just sheer arrogance and rhe fact that he doesn't regard the poor(yorubas inclusive).

this is very intelligent but it has always been the simple truth which I dont understand why many cant see it. you are blessed for this.

see the clown making noise some years ago advocating against subsidy removal.

11th January, 2012

1 Like

Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by professorPABX: 3:37pm On Aug 04
kaludestiny10:
I'm the happiest person on earth because the South easterners refused to join in this protest. It's not as if they are not feeling or partaking in the national hunger and hardship but simply to avoid being tagged as a region that overthrow the Yoruba government of Tinubu.

Who are the majority in Abuja Protest?
Re: Forces That Cancelled My Father’s Election Now After Tinubu – Jamiu Abiola by Mrexcell(m): 3:53pm On Aug 04
lailo:

You are a very very dumb nigger #18k minimum wage during gej tenure will conveniently get u a bag of rice for #8k and still have change of #10k but ur drug lord minimum wage of #70k can't even buy the same bag of rice today for #80k. Ur notorious drug lord has completely destroyed the economy of nigeria but yet agbado zombies like u still come here to shamelessly defend his useless economic policies because of tribal bigotry.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mele Kyari Meets Mufti Menk In Addis Ababa / Dino Melaye's Supporters Storm Atiku's Kogi Rally, Demand His Release(video) / Saraki Attends NGF’s Dinner For New, Returning Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.