Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,592 members, 7,929,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 06:20 AM

Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals (34439 Views)

We Don’t Get ₦‎21 Million As Salary Or Allowance’, Senate Counters Sumaila / Kano Senator Barau Meets 70 Lawmakers Over Senate Presidency Race / Ezekwesili Reacts To NBS’ Confirmation That 21 Million Nigerians Unemployed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Comfyonos2019: 2:14pm On Aug 14
You always want to call tinubu. How much were they earning under Obasanjo. The senate/reps salaries have never been known by anybody. Na timubu start am ?

alsudan:
I thought RMAFC came out yesterday to Say Senators earn only 1M a month.

Nigeria is a terrible crime scene under Thiefnibuu and Akpabio.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by ferry1: 2:16pm On Aug 14
And yet, FG cannot pay #250,000 minimum wage to the workers that generate this money for the looters
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by TUTU147: 2:22pm On Aug 14
Let me talk my mind here, sometimes we blame the government and politicians while we are the real enemies of this country.During election,we collect money from the politicians to vote against our will.we are use by the politicians to steal voting materials.we are use by the politicians to kill opponents.if there's no buyer,a thief will find it difficult to steal because nobody will buy from him.the corruption going on are been carried out by people like me and you not the politicians in person.the bank aid the corrupt politicians,the youth copper aids in election malpractice,the security agents aids in election malpractice and corruption.if all of us say no to the politicians,the politicians will not have options than to do the needful.the kind of government we have is the kind of people we are.you can't give what you don't have.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by ComeToJesus: 2:25pm On Aug 14
For Nigeria to escape, a lot has to happen. The two Houses of rogues in Abuja has to be sacked. What do you need thise Babariga wearing morons for?

Let the states run them selves.

A sound, pragmatic and forward looking governor + 6 seasoned technocrats can reposition any state in Nigeria.

Too much cooks spoil the broth.

What do you need those State Houses of Assembly for? Those are unnecessary cost centres that have no utilitarian output.

Let half of the ministers go home. Work with the remaining ones. Merge the fckin portfolios for efficiency and cost reduction.

I'm surprised that President Tinubu continued with this structure of wastefulness. I'm really disappointed. He offers no hope.

Nigeria is set up to fail. No doubt about that.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by rajiedreez: 2:27pm On Aug 14
It'll be difficult for Nigeria to grow, even LP senators are getting this without complaining it's too much. Who will effect the change

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Kobojunkieee: 2:28pm On Aug 14
hotseat:
↪Any protest against the executive without including the members of the NASS is not complete. Apart from the economic malfeasance of State Governors, the major culprits in the looting spree are members of the hollow chambers, sorry, @hotseat
undecided

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Neoteny(m): 2:31pm On Aug 14
alsudan:

Not just a crime scene, it's genocide
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Bimpe29: 2:31pm On Aug 14
Our distinguished being paid for doing nothing other than to sit and look after their well-being/interest.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by flyinnizam(m): 2:49pm On Aug 14
DevilsEqual:
NASS annual budget is huge shocked

They should swap that with our Defence budget and lets see if insecurity will not become things of the past

tell ur vegetable to do that
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Peliman: 2:51pm On Aug 14
😂 😂
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by garykoeman: 2:52pm On Aug 14
Receiving same salary as usa senators.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by TemmyT002(m): 2:53pm On Aug 14
They are enjoying on our behalf
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by viodemus: 2:53pm On Aug 14
why won't the country be suffering. To be sharing eastern resources money dey sweet them. Can you imagine having access to Dangote's money, then also using his assets as collateral to take loans. That is what the easterners are suffering in Nigeria. But, the igbos should take it as a lesson.

Nigeria as am talking to you now, is very deceitful, and has been that way like forever.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Izuchukwu70: 2:59pm On Aug 14
alsudan:

Mumu. Did they even reveal the pay under previous administration?
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by blaise26abj(m): 2:59pm On Aug 14
How many offices and staff do you run as a senator to warrant such a monthly figure? If a business makes that kind of revenue in a month , it is doing quite well .

But I will not blame them much sha . The system made it like that. If you know the demands on these senators and reps in their constituencies you will pity them . They invest money to get the positions ( stomach infrastructure/rigging etc) , when they get there na demands after demands . Until we change our system , it is here to stay .
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by frog12: 3:02pm On Aug 14
na senators and lawmakers dey run RMAFC grin

alsudan:

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by blowjohn(m): 3:15pm On Aug 14
Racoon:
And the RMAFC came out yesterday lying that Senators earn only 1M a month? What the Bleep is wrong with all the criminals in this nation?

Read again.

This time, slowly.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by starstaz(m): 3:16pm On Aug 14
My first take is to THANK the Senator kawu for being BOLD to entertain this disclosure and generate a national conversation around it. Over 2500 idiots specimens we have that called themselves senator have never shown loyalty to national interest to give us a figure of how much dey earn even though we have a gross idea of what it can be, left out among the crook is Sen. Sani (Kad)
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by COMPAQ(m): 3:47pm On Aug 14
DevilsEqual:
NASS annual budget is huge shocked

They should swap that with our Defence budget and lets see if insecurity will not become things of the past

It wont because the corruption in the military is just as bad
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by ade4real2016: 3:48pm On Aug 14
Nigeria politicians are criminals...The wickedness is on d high side...
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Manculated: 3:50pm On Aug 14
McLizbae:
As if the guys in defence are more honest and prudent than the ones in NASS. grin

Are you minding the extravagant gullible mumu.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Tunny1: 4:06pm On Aug 14
Nigeria is not in any means ready for development; a public servant salary is hidden from public, transparency, patriotism, honesty , readiness does not exist in Nigeria government agencies
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by rickleye: 5:04pm On Aug 14
IBB really helped saved a lot of lives by moving the seat of government to Abuja . If it was still in Lagos. All these rogues would have met untimely deaths.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Taiwo20(m): 5:30pm On Aug 14
I pity soldiers
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by blabulu2000: 6:11pm On Aug 14
And Labour party HOS and HOR also are collecting this huge amounts of money ....and you still believe there is one messiah somewhere to deliver this country .....?

The structure of this country favor only those who are in positions of authority and not the subjects or citizens ....

21 million in a month is equal to all the total salary of an average civil servant in Nigeria who have served for 35 years ....

Tinubu is not your problem, your problem is the current structure....which favour the elite alone
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by wink2015(m): 6:12pm On Aug 14
N21 million naira is too much.

That is why they refuse to quit politics.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by smileyoo: 6:18pm On Aug 14
Jostoman:
and BAT is telling the gullible Nigerians to get patient with empty Stomach. grin
lol. emilokan is even more pragmatic with Nigerians for now, because if he becomes very angry with Nigerians, he may apply the Lagos logic, as they used to tell lagosians; if Lagos is too expensive for you, go back to your village, it's not a must to reside in Lagos.
but this Nigeria scene is a tough one for emilokan, as am still wondering where he will conveniently ask Nigerians to run to .
could it be Cameroon or Niger?
time will tell, because Nigeria is still getting hotter and hotter, forget about all those his sweet grammar, it means nothing because it doesn't reflect the reality on ground.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by Eriokanmi: 6:32pm On Aug 14
madridguy:
Bunch of rogues.
Including those who keep voting them
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by magoo10(m): 6:35pm On Aug 14
Collecting 21million to asslick and rubber stamp a failing government
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by smileyoo: 6:36pm On Aug 14
blabulu2000:
And Labour party HOS and HOR also are collecting this huge amounts of money ....and you still believe there is one messiah somewhere to deliver this country .....?

The structure of this country favor only those who are in positions of authority and not the subjects or citizens ....

21 million in a month is equal to all the total salary of an average civil servant in Nigeria who have served for 35 years ....

Tinubu is not your problem, your problem is the current structure....which favour the elite alone
smiles. true, tinubu is not the problem but he is also part of the problem, if not the arrow - head of the problem, because before he invaded aso-rock, he was advocating for restructuring of the nation, but now that he has the power to restructure Nigeria, he is looking elsewhere trying to solve Nigeria problems without restructuring the country, which is not a possibility.
restructuring of the country will offend the parasites milking Nigeria resources and emilokan will not like to offend these privileged parasites of Nigeria, emilokan know the problem of Nigeria, but where is the political will to sincerely confront it ?
let's keep deceiving ourselves and be playing to the gallery like perpetual national kids of a nation called Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo’s Revelation: I Get ₦‎21 Million Monthly, Kano Senator Reveals by smileyoo: 6:42pm On Aug 14
rickleye:
IBB really helped saved a lot of lives by moving the seat of government to Abuja . If it was still in Lagos. All these rogues would have met untimely deaths.
are there no rogues in Lagos ?
everywhere in Nigeria today have it own share of rogues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osagie Ize-Iyamu Wins APC Primaries In Edo / Aborode Father: What I Told Sunday Igboho After My Son Was Murdered By Herdsmen / Fact-Check: No Taliban Flag Was Hoisted In NEMA's Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.