Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,226 members, 7,967,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 07:56 PM

FCCPC Gives Traders 1-Month Deadline To Crash Prices Of Goods - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FCCPC Gives Traders 1-Month Deadline To Crash Prices Of Goods (30021 Views)

Hardship: Sanwo-olu Urges Agro, Food Processing Companies To Crash Prices / Government To Release Food Items From Reserves To Crash Prices / Lagos Gives Traders At Computer Village POWA Complex 24 Hours To Vacate Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCCPC Gives Traders 1-Month Deadline To Crash Prices Of Goods by Fearyourcreator: 11:01pm On Aug 29
Babaken:
The market association is giving fg 2 weeks to reduce dollar and import duty
Politicians no kuku dey suffer
Re: FCCPC Gives Traders 1-Month Deadline To Crash Prices Of Goods by Cousin9999: 11:53pm On Aug 29
Scatterscatter:
I feel like giving this man a โ€œbig konkโ€ on his head.
FG keeps increasing Custom duty + all the shenanigans that happens at the Port, yet you want the price of imported commodities to be cheap.

This people go just smoke Igbo finish start to dey talk anyhow.๐Ÿ™„

Re: FCCPC Gives Traders 1-Month Deadline To Crash Prices Of Goods by Artzdanielsz(m): 12:22am On Aug 30
They will use almost 700k to clear the goods from customs and u are asking why it's high. Clueless government.spit

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Gives Traders 1-Month Deadline To Crash Prices Of Goods by chival(f): 1:13am On Aug 30
Production costs, overhead costs and import duties have gone up exponentially. Traders have to make a profit. Nigeria does not have a conducive atmosphere and structure for manufacturing.

If they are interested in driving the prices of goods down, they have to tackle these issues, starting with bringing down import duties drastically. Yes, the idea behind high import duties is noble, but you can't eat your cake and have it. Local manufacturing is suffering from insanely high operational costs especially fuel and power. If the government cannot do anything about that, they should just enable imports to allow the citizens breathe. It is a band-aid solution, but like I said, you can't eat your cake and have it.
Re: FCCPC Gives Traders 1-Month Deadline To Crash Prices Of Goods by Ojemedad: 1:39am On Aug 30
iykofias:
Whatโ€™s this crap I just read

Is like I Dey read comedy ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€, these guys know economics at all?
Re: FCCPC Gives Traders 1-Month Deadline To Crash Prices Of Goods by Tolu2024(f): 2:03am On Aug 30
Always going for the innocent ๐Ÿ˜‡ while customs duties is almost 100% on food items.

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Gives Traders 1-Month Deadline To Crash Prices Of Goods by Honestey: 3:08am On Aug 30
Is like FG want use anger ship cheap goods enter market otherwise this is a big National joke.

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Gives Traders 1-Month Deadline To Crash Prices Of Goods by blowjohn(m): 3:46am On Aug 30
They should go after kfc that sells aquafina water for 1,500 naira.

They should go after Kilimanjaro restaurants that sell mirinda drink for 800 naira.

They should go after restaurants that sell ehh sauce for 2k.

The ones selling a piece of goat meat for 4k.

Etc

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Gives Traders 1-Month Deadline To Crash Prices Of Goods by Minjim: 4:04am On Aug 30
Fuel scarcity has been on for over a month all over the nation and you want price of goods to crash.

By doing nothing. Even when you do all the negative things Nigerian bizmen will still exploit people.
This govt is a joke

1 Like

Re: FCCPC Gives Traders 1-Month Deadline To Crash Prices Of Goods by Minjim: 4:06am On Aug 30
blowjohn:
They should go after kfc that sells aquafina water for 1,500 naira.

They should go after Kilimanjaro restaurants that sell mirinda drink for 800 naira.

They should go after restaurants that sell ehh sauce for 2k.

The ones selling a piece of goat meat for 4k.

Etc

Those are luxury sell.

If I need to drink Malt or Mirinda I would never go to those places you mention except I'm on a date and infatuation drag me there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Support Fayemi's Nomination, Fayose Tells Ekiti National Assembly Members / Economic Woes Heighten As Buyers Shun Nigerian Crude / Jonathan Is A Disappointment โ€“ Ex-militant Leader, Boyloaf

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.