Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,104 members, 7,942,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:14 PM

How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ (58786 Views)

How Adeleye Ayomide Murdered Idowu Christianah & Buried Her / Idowu Christianah: Alleged Serial Killer, Adeleye Ayomide Arrested (Pictures) / FUNAAB Student, Idowu Christianah Kidnapped In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Davidic1999: 5:34pm On Sep 05
INSIDER: How OOU Student Killed FUNAAB’s Christianah Idowu, Used Her Picture to Demand N3m Ransom

Ayomide Adeleye, a 200 Level Philosophy student of the Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ogun State, confessed on Monday to killing Christianah Idowu, a 300 Level student of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB).

His confession, made to the 174 Battalion of the Nigerian Army, brought an end to the two-week-long search for the girl who went missing on August 19 while on her way from Ita Oluwo to the University of Lagos in Yaba where she was undergoing industrial training.

FIJ first learnt of Adeleye’s arrest on Sunday afternoon when insiders privy to the military’s operations told FIJ how troops tracked Idowu’s phone to Adeleye’s residence in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State.

The 23-year-old denied knowledge of her abduction and claimed to be in possession of her phone because he was a phone repairer. He said unknown persons gave him the phone to repair and he asked no questions. Less than 24 hours later, he confessed to killing her the same day she went missing.

HOW IT HAPPENED

Idowu and Adeleye knew each other as they both schooled in Ogun State, attended the same church and lived in the same Ita Oluwo community.

“On that Sunday, the girl who normally goes to UNILAG on weekends to return home on Friday left her house as usual,” the insider told FIJ.

“While on her way, it began to rain, so she took cover in Ayomide (Adeleye)’s family’s shop which was just outside his house.

“The boy narrated everything in custody. She only wanted to stay out there for a while and head back to her destination, but he invited her into his house when the rainfall became intense.”

While in his house, Adeleye attempted to take advantage of her but she resisted. He then killed her.

At 8:50 pm on the same day, using Idowu’s phone, he texted her mother via WhatsApp. His text messages read, “Hello Madam, you have such a beautiful daughter. How much are you willing to pay to see her again? We have her in our custody.”

What began as a young lady seeking shelter in a friend’s shop turned into a homicide and then a staged abduction with a ransom demand.

Using the view once feature on WhatsApp, Adeleye sent the widowed woman two pictures of her daughter. In one of the pictures, FIJ observed he held her head up with his hand. She was already dead when he took the pictures, but the woman and investigators did not know this until his confession on Monday.

After sending this picture, he made a N3 million demand and gave her a 24-hour deadline lest “We off your pikin, sell her part[sic]“.

Adeleye further said in Pidgin English, “We don kidnap your pikin, madam. No be only your pikin de here.“

RANSOM NEGOTIATIONS

For the better part of eight days, Adeleye pretended to be a man from northern Nigeria, declined calls and claimed he would accept N400,000 if the money came quickly.

FIJ read the messages exchanged between them. On August 21, he claimed he was involved in organ harvesting and, if he got demands, he may kill her and sell her parts for N1.5 million.

“I have nothing to lose, madam. If you don’t settle us, the harvesters will, and they [pay] nothing less than N1.5 million for a healthy body. So, you see I have nothing to lose,” he wrote. “If I collect anything less than N1.5 million from you, that is me helping you.”

Before sending this message, he wrote, “My one and only job is to get people, young and healthy people, majorly between the age 18-40, and your daughter is very well in that age bracket.

“Now, you may ask; why are we requesting for ransom? If there is no demand for organs yet, we reach out to the families of the people we have. If they meet our demands, we set them free.” He added, “If they don’t, we keep them healthy those in charge of harvesting are in need, and by the way, they are always in need.”

When the widow told him she could only raise N350,000 through donations from her church, he suggested she inform her friends in school so they could raise money.

He said, “Don’t you think it will be nice if her school friends know what is happening to her because it occurred to me that no one of them knows what is happening and you don’t think they could be of help to you, madam, help you contribute to your cause[sic]?”

At this time, Adeleye was speaking with Idowu’s other friends and feigning concern over the matter. This, FIJ gathered, was how he established they did not know about the ransom demand.

ARREST

Upon his arrest, the military found seven phones in Adeleye’s possession. They also found an email address he created to receive a statement of account confirming ransom payment.

To apprehend him, the military obtained a SportyBet account he provided to Idowu’s mother; 9336380839 (Wema Bank), and froze the account after she paid N350,000 into it on August 21.

After experiencing issues accessing the account, Adeleye demanded a statement of account be sent to him via the email address; musaahmed0288@gmail.com.

The email address he created, was a combination of two names; Musa and Ahmed, to match the persona he had donned to execute the con.

Adeleye made the woman send more money to Idowu’s bank account so he could withdraw it. She sent N10,000 and begged him to release her daughter, but he complained that the money was insufficient.

“Just 10k, madam?” he asked. “I thought you said you had more. This woman no serious.”

He then told her he would follow up with the issues preventing him from accessing the N350,000 she paid earlier.

“I will text you when I get it. Until then before I text you,” he told her on August 23. “Have a good weekend.” He then added a Hausa greeting to keep up the act. “Na gode sai ku,” he said. The sentence translates literally as “Thank you, and you”.

On Sunday, the 174 Batallion tracked Idowu’s phone to Adeleye’s residence where they picked him up. He confessed to burying her in a shallow grave in his compound. During interrogation, Adeleye attempted to commit suicide but was restrained, the insider told FIJ.

The matter has now been transferred to the Lagos Police Command for further investigation.

Via telephone calls, FIJ shared its findings with Joel Ugowe, the Commissioner of Police who heads the Anti-Kidnapping Unit, and he expressed readiness to probe the matter.

https://fij.ng/article/insider-how-oou-student-killed-funaabs-christianah-idowu-used-her-picture-to-demand-n3m-ransom/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Emmanuelcann: 6:32pm On Sep 05
End times are here!!!

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Archiever22: 6:57pm On Sep 05
The guy is evil. Let him go and meet his type in prison.

185 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by FreeStuffsNG: 6:59pm On Sep 05
This is serious!! shocked

92 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by calabaman(m): 7:23pm On Sep 05
Hmm.

Demanding ransom from the family of the girl whom you had already killed.

Now it's attempted rape and murder.

Your punishment won't end here on earth and I pray you get raped everyday of your miserable life in jail.

226 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by ChiefJusticeFuc: 8:27pm On Sep 05
What manner of pure hellish demonic evil is this ?

No single remorse after murdering the girl.

He went on to terrorise the mother and demanded money from her.

This idiot is one helluva pyschopath.

This is bone chilling stuff.

The Lagos state governor should not hesitate to sign his death warrant when all his automatic appeals are exhausted.

173 Likes 17 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by ChiefJusticeFuc: 8:28pm On Sep 05
calabaman:
Hmm.

Demanding ransom from who you had already killed.

Now it's attempted rape and murder.

Your punishment won't end here on earth and I pray you get raped everyday of your miserable life.

Which attempted rape and murder?

He probably raped her before or after killing her.

The guy is sick and needs to be put down.

187 Likes 19 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Barrywilly(m): 8:55pm On Sep 05
I still can't fathom the devil that came upon this guy to commit this heinous crime.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by tito44: 9:37pm On Sep 05
Most people from that part of Nigeria are organ and human parts harvesters (even from his claims). It's a pity that someone as his age has joined this unholy trade.

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by dollynnn(f): 10:17pm On Sep 05
The guy is a criminal!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Kingking001(m): 10:41pm On Sep 05
Abeg waste am fast fast.na beast him be

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by starbuck(f): 11:26pm On Sep 05
Where were the dude's parents?

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by awumen: 11:52pm On Sep 05
starbuck:
Where were the dude's parents?
Exactly my question. Where are the parents while all these was happening since it was at the family house?

106 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Healthrelatedjo: 5:28am On Sep 06
I worked in ikorodu for almost 3yrs.
Only the grace of God kept me alive,plus the small small street ot I got while I was in school.That place is not for the weak.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Theama(m): 7:12am On Sep 06
Curious346:
Youruba are exterminating themselves from within .. soon the tribe will go extinct

God forbid in Jesus name undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Franzinni: 7:48am On Sep 06
Actions and consequences... If I was his interrogating officer, I will make sure he begs to die.

And there will be no signs of physical trauma on him. I will simply show him demons comes in different shades and sizes.

Violence is very sweet when the victim deserves everything that happens to them ... And this BOY! Deserves to taste it.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by weyreypey: 8:23am On Sep 06
Ereluroz don't visit that boy o

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by EreluRoz: 8:25am On Sep 06
weyreypey:
Ereluroz don't visit that boy o
Showa alright?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by illicit(m): 10:48am On Sep 06
😲
Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Racoon(m): 10:48am On Sep 06
Chai! Killer! He must be killed to avenge the gruesome death of this young girl 👧

14 Likes

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by kenbee(f): 10:48am On Sep 06
Heartless boy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by NaijaGoBetter2(m): 10:49am On Sep 06
Atleast for the next 20 years, he will cool his feet behind the bar

5 Likes

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by NaijaGoBetter2(m): 10:49am On Sep 06
Omg... Wetin de pursue, this life or Hereafter...

1 Like

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by PheelzAlmighty: 10:50am On Sep 06
Humans are incredibly wicked, no wonder God regretted that he created man.

It will shock you the length people are willing to go for money. The love of money is indeed the root of all evil.
Y'all be safe and stay prayerful.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:51am On Sep 06
I don't think this is a case of rituals.
For him to have killed his ex, then his sister disappeared then this, I think he's a psycho abi what do you guys call those people that drive joy in sniffing life out of others?

Anyway he should be made to face the maximum sentence for the crime he committed, don't even know why Nigeria stopped killing those who kill others

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Brushstrokes20: 10:51am On Sep 06
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it😔
This bloodthirsty Psychopath should not be breathing by now!😐
Set the demon on fire 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Versitee: 10:51am On Sep 06
grin
Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:51am On Sep 06
He must have had overprotective parents for them not to be suspicious of their child for 3 murders

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by 9ja1960(m): 10:51am On Sep 06
Heartless idiot.
Why is this idiot still Breathing for God's sakes? Ah! The devil is no stranger, the devil dwells amongst humans.

3 Likes

Re: How Ayomide Killed Christianah Idowu - FIJ by Amigoss: 10:51am On Sep 06
He wanted to commit suicide during investigation? Give him a very very slow painful death that will last a decade,he should beg for death...

It's crazy how airhead Gender warriors and tribalists are using this to score cheap points

17 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Young Girl Takes A Gun To School To Shoot Teacher Who Asked Her To Get A Haircut / Johnson Chrome Adekunle: Toronto City Most Wanted Identity Thief, A Nigerian / Dispatch Rider Caught With A Baby Inside Box In Lagos (Pictures, Video)

Viewing this topic: aremed(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.