Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,442 members, 7,968,186 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 08:22 PM

Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. (24208 Views)

See What I observed After The Death Of My Father / Why Do People Do This After The Death Of Their Parents? / Painful Emotional Tribute Of A Mother On The Death Of Her Twin Sons. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Yinabim(f): 4:27pm On Oct 02
Hello Everyone,

I am writing here for the first time, i don't know how to feel about this because i a very private person but since the death of my husband i had to wake up everyday to sadness. I never knew the extent of pain people feel when they lose their loved ones until now. I cant even concentrate on anything else and his family are making things difficult for themselves already.

I'm so young and with a 2 year old daughter, i just hope God help me scale through this storm. I'll come here to update this page as things unfold.

The story
My husband is a very kind man, he is way older than I am because he was a divorcee , ultimately he loved God and was very prayerful, I’ve known him for over seven years but we got married 4years ago and legalized the marriage in 2022.
He has 5 children plus my two years old makes 6, tbh my husband is a very wonderful man and I doubt if men like him still exist. He holds my hands in middle of the night praying for me and my baby, he loved me sincerely. He met me in 100level and waited till I finished school. Anyways after I had a baby he said he wanted me to go to Canada to further my studies. I didn’t want to go because I was thinking of how he would cope without me, he promised to come every quarter and assured me it was for the best.

I left Nigeria in 2023 (April) , his last visit was January 2024, he was preparing to come again in September, however, I got the news of his death July 17th 2024. My whole world came crashing. I didn’t believe it, why did God give me such a wonderful man only to take him away from me suddenly.

For clarity purpose, it’s important to state that he has six children including mine

First child (female) married and resides in Australia
My husband told me that her mother (woman A) had walked out of the marriage because he was poor, saying “she wouldn’t sit down with him in poverty” . They never had a legal marriage. So Woman A left to marry another man.

Woman B, legally married him had four children (two males and two females), I didn’t hear her side of the story and out of respect for her, I’ll just say irreconcilable differences, he decided he couldn’t move on with her and he divorced her. He however left her in their matrimonial house and left her with the water factory which she was running, although he didn’t hand over the documents

I am woman C.

I came home for the funeral, but before I could make it home , Woman A’s daughter has gotten home, gone to my matrimonial home and cleared all documents.

Please note that , no one ever lived with my husband and I in the house apart from my younger brother, Woman A daughter has also never visited the house.

My husband was into properties and he has two schools also (primary and secondary in different locations) .
Durning my stay in Nigeria, Woman A’s daughter (lady A) has conducted herself like a kind person , although I saw red flags but in my state of grief I didn’t think much about them, from Fighting for my husband’s phones , to taking away his SUV, changing security guards at the gate etc. I honestly didn’t see her as a greedy person.

I came back to Canada that same week, she already brought in some lawyers who will handle letter of Administration and help oversee estate matters. Myself and all the children were on the same page till lady A said she wanted to be the sole signatory to the schools account.

I disagreed and suggested that three of us (myself, Lady A and one of woman B children) should sign concurrently alongside on all transactions.

Lady A was so adamant about the signatory issue that she started to throw shades and subtle insults , I stood my ground and it took her lawyer’s intervention before she agreed. Since then I have become lady As enemy.

Guess what?
Lady A in recent development had instructed the security that no one should enter into my matrimonial home without her permission, I sent my brother there on two occasions and he was denied access, I can’t imagine seeking the permission of lady A who is in Australia in her husbands house before entering my own husbands house, a place she has never lived in or visited!! I don’t want this to lead to legal suits here and there, but these people are not so gentle and peaceful, I paid my dues in that house it was uncompleted when I married my husband and I contributed in my own way.
I am not greedy and I’m willing to meet everyone in middle but Nigerians are so terrible, she is in Australia and she knows no one can do these nonsense abroad but they take advantage of gentility.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Zaheertyler(m): 4:35pm On Oct 02
Yinabim:
Hello Everyone,

I am writing here for the first time, i don't know how to feel about this because i a very private person but since the death of my husband i had to wake up everyday to sadness. I never knew the extent of pain people feel when they lose their loved ones until now. I cant even concentrate on anything else and his family are making things difficult for themselves already.

I'm so young and with a 2 year old daughter, i just hope God help me scale through this storm. I'll come here to update this page as things unfold.
❤️‍🩹
Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by dawnomike(m): 4:54pm On Oct 02
Yinabim:
Hello Everyone,

What issues are they giving you?

Reach out if you need some help or get intimidated by anyone.

Hope you were legally married to your husband?

3 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by VeryWickedBro: 5:04pm On Oct 02
OP DM me.
I'm very good at comforting widows.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Ahmed0336(m): 5:17pm On Oct 02
Try to get something doing that would keep you busy

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Day169: 9:25pm On Oct 02
Sorry to read about your situation, @Yinabim. If your in-laws are showing you little or no compassion, your own family may be the immediate recourse for support in this situation.
I imagine that things may not be easy, but you've got to stay strong, especially for your daughter.
.. like they say, "time heals yesterday." May you find the healing you need.

19 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Nicepoker(m): 9:28pm On Oct 02
VeryWickedBro:
OP DM me.
pity the 2yr old daughter abeg. I know you are wicked grin

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by TheWinterBird(f): 3:45am On Oct 03
My condolences

5 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by sunnymighty(m): 3:32am On Oct 04
The lord is your strength.

3 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Foodqueen(f): 4:53am On Oct 04
If they are stressing you beyond your limit, kindly move back to your family house. Better to stay alive for your daughter

12 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by slan87(m): 6:12am On Oct 04
My condolences, may God strengthen you.

2 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Xscape1993(m): 10:47am On Oct 04
The Lord is your strength.

2 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Onegai(f): 12:45pm On Oct 04
Yinabim:
Hello Everyone,

My sincere condolences.

Should you need legal help, maybe an organisation like FIDA (google them) should be able to assist you.

19 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Dilaminu: 10:00am On Oct 05
Yinabim:
Hello Everyone,

My condolences💔

2 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Yinabim(f): 8:16pm On Oct 05
dawnomike:
What issues are they giving you?

Reach out if you need some help or get intimidated by anyone.

Hope you were legally married to your husband?

Yes I am legally married

5 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by GboyegaD(m): 8:21pm On Oct 05
Can you take off your picture from your profile and handle the situation anonymously?
What are the issues they are giving you? Try to carry your family along and if possible, go back home with your daughter at least for now.

14 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Beremx(f): 10:05pm On Oct 05
Get a lawyer and sue your stepdaughter to court. She cannot have all her Dad's properties to herself. You're still his legal wife and you have a share in his properties.
The Lord is your strength

27 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by dhiqson(m): 8:08am
Just skirmed through your page and boy oh boy
Nothing like insults or callin men demeaning names

Anyways
Candid advice?
Your schooling in Canada is it well funded?
If yes.. worry not bout properties in Nigeria
Focus on urself ur school
Come out fine and start from scratch...

But if you want to fight it.. well ur husband should have a will somewhere??

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Tayorshd87: 9:24am
To me you dipped yourself into trouble how can u marry a man of 5 children 😲😳

And u are happy u are married .

And u are so young
Yet he met u in 100 level

Abeg use scope they lie na and if not lie
Then you'd put yourself into unlimited troubles .

Mtheew

14 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Yinabim(f): 2:37pm
dhiqson:
Just skirmed through your page and boy oh boy
Nothing like insults or callin men demeaning names

Anyways
Candid advice?
Your schooling in Canada is it well funded?
If yes.. worry not bout properties in Nigeria
Focus on urself ur school
Come out fine and start from scratch...

But if you want to fight it.. well ur husband should have a will somewhere??

I’m rounding up in December by Gods grace.
We’ve not found a will.

7 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Yinabim(f): 2:45pm
Tayorshd87:
To me you dipped yourself into trouble how can u marry a man of 5 children 😲😳

And u are happy u are married .

And u are so young
Yet he met u in 100 level

Abeg use scope they lie na and if not lie
Then you'd put yourself into unlimited troubles .

I married a divorcee, maybe you’re right about putting myself in trouble but I never for one day thought he won’t live long, if he wakes up today I’ll still marry him again because I love him sincerely and everyone around me knew my husband was an angel in human form,

And yes I met him in 2017 (I was in 100level). What age would I be in 100 level, 30 years I have only one child and she’s 2.
Please don’t dwell on my past for me because I don’t regret anything.

If he knew he was going to die he would have made provision for my ultimate protection, and don’t mock death or sad circumstances, it can Happen to ANYONE.

5 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Ishilove: 3:38pm
Your husband died intestate, it seems. However, you have more claim to his property than his first child because her mother was never legally married to your late husband. I believe a property lawyer can throw more light on this. If you try to reason with her and she remains adamant, sue her greedy ass to court let's see who wins. Sometimes you have to put aside gentility so that human beings don't walk all over you.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Dcaliphate(m): 5:43pm
My dear fight for what is yours. No gentility in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by NaijaCover(m): 5:43pm
No Be Small Thing ooooo

1 Like

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by Kobicove(m): 5:43pm
What about Woman B and her 4 children... what's their position in all this?

3 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by BareFacedLies(m): 5:45pm
VeryWickedBro:
OP DM me.

You want to start fúcking a widow whose husband has not even been dead for up to 6 months?

3 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by onadana: 5:46pm
sad. Nairaland and content...if the story is true ...you won't be here on Nairaland....

2 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by iInjureHerYansh: 5:47pm
Which kind half baked story be this

2 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by MaziObinnaokija: 5:47pm
Ylnabim. sad Thank God! U listened to your husband (May his soul sleep well.It's indeed difficult to meet a kind man like that) and relocated to Canada if NOT,u go see double. We live in a WICKED WORLD sad. Only God dey protest person from the Household/outsiders WICKEDNESS. As things stand now,avoid fighting that JEZEBEL A in Australia (she's not alone sha) 2, involve lawyer. I kean lawyer not those roadside ones.,the Elderly ones in his family (hope u treated them well when your hubby dey here). Your primary focus now should be your daughter.May Heaven watch/protect you.

2 Likes

Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by LtChisom: 5:48pm
She should go and find work period, her life first.
Re: Family Issues After The Death Of My Husband. by harmargedon: 5:48pm
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Continue To Love My Wife / A Bitter True Story Of My Child's Delivery / Marginalisation: Women Playing The Victim Cards

Viewing this topic: edydamsel(f), yemmit90, adedayoleke90(m), kayone6237(m), Rufex07(m), simplesearch, Bimboscoo, Toaskido(m), 004gist, VICKYLIVE(m), Indelibleage, EverythingPhone(m), neonly, besticality, uniquetechng, CHIOMAEZEH, brighter, Shevy001(m), Alexis410(f), Triplewealth002, zazzi, zzxxbbaa, eduman07(m), absingle(m), PraiseGod4u(m), flintk(m), heybeebugatty(m), Odani, onlinediva, OgbeniOja1, Peejayx01(m), MrPaul2, toskine, chyzoo4u(m), kforces2000(m), DrFunmisticGlow, moorenic(m), VehiclePartsNG, Flintstone06(m), tunbosun9, VHILL, Disiboboy(m), SnoppyG, timwudz(m), nwaonyeze001(m), Lesbihornest(f), Ayo25, achimendy(m), Oruku, Keyin, stevups(m), daseento(m), Dhejy7, uncleck, diamond68, makalista, mrpablo(m), Folaoni(m), onotiemoria(m), cle62000(m), danietohbadt(m), happy27, ositadima1(m), occam(m), GEEMIMI(m), Iriruaga100(m), steep865, kkokoma, Johnnyhoo(m), olayinkajnr(m), Lumzylumzy, LoveThemChubby(m), Nafizzey(m), Okobana, Besto(m), TwentyOnePilots(m), TeddBundy, Authority717(m), airexx, metch1(m), Gratitudes081(m), Allfavours, tojahh(m), donestk(m), olamike, youngrhosy(m), oliverwrites, Chemlite, tremilatre(m), kingemaker(m), Chuksworld(m), Mims2016(m), philax01, Bostin(m), phpier, paduasmartz(m), Medulah(m), kanmi4gold, tesstess(f), Kinzo0000, Robnectar(m), jaysmama(f), Masterito(m), oskylabs(m), Ex0rrcist, fanwas(m), Ogbuu101, D111, Victorchuks4(m), Donmartins1402, TalkItAll, Crown2020(m), Sadiqali24(m), mercychigo, stanley99a(m), 1Battery(m), owelle22(m), Odigokogadi, ASB717, TrainPark, Jayetiti(m), AirBay, danny34(m), chris51(f), jantman(m), Laird(m), chigogo2010(m), Bosquad, RealityOfReason, Adexvivacity(m), senteugene, femishow2005(m), malvisguy212, Isokoboy(m), ajiboyeshola(m), Luu40, toluxe0075, Prettyayo, RuneKingThor, shinealight(m), doyouknowjohnny, fidelity2014, nonstan(m), CivilAboki, priestchurch(m), Dolarman(m), bisiswag(f), rm94(m), Lakenzie, Emifa360(m), Nollyvin(m), Olammy08(m), Samuelobiora19(m), Swagk101(m), santoli44, tunjineo(m), providencia(m), Daddyyin, jydux(m), Assetosky(m), topgun98, nnol(m), Bigmouth3, Ogbuefi20(m), Hawx(m), Blackhacker(m) and 316 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.