Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,603 members, 7,979,036 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 06:50 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (998874 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by CocoLoca(f): 10:35am On Dec 09, 2013
*Modified*
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:42am On Dec 09, 2013
CocoLoca: Hi, i have a very peculiar case and i would be very grateful for as many comprehensive replies as possible.

I have never been to the UK before though in the last two years i have visited some small countries including UAE.
I want to travel in January for my best friends' graduation ceremony and i plan on sponsoring myself. My friend is going to supply an invitation letter for the graduation ceremony from the school for me.
I have about N300,000 in a new account that is less than 3 months old. I also expect N400,000 before the month runs out (my salary + annual bonus)
I earn about N150,000 a month.
I have about N500,000 in a fixed-deposit account in a Microfinance bank (which i plan on supplying statement in my application).
I hope to stay for one week and come back.
I have a brother in the UK who has a good job (i think), he is a Banker.
I received about N1,000,000 some months ago from work, that's where the N500,000 fixed-deposit comes from.
This money was paid into my savings account in a different bank and the balance of that account is about N10,000 because i deplete it from time to time on all my daily/weekly needs.

My questions:
How do i go about my application so that i am not denied? Can i use the 3month old account that has N300,000 with supporting statement of the N500,000 account?
What visa do i apply for? Tourist i presume.
What are my chances, given that i want to apply immediately my salary and bonus is paid by December 23 (print out my statement of account to reflect the credit, but explain in the form how i came about the extra money)
I plan on spending just under N250,000 on the trip, is this reasonable for someone who makes N150,000 and wants to stay for only a week? (note, this amount is my December bonus, i still have considerable savings)
In my itinerary, do i state that i will stay with my brother in the UK and he will accommodate and feed me? Should i put him as a sponsor? Or do i risk using myself as a sponsor?
I don't have a PAYE tax ID yet. But i pay my tax. Will it affect my application?

Vicjustice, Justwise, and all of you guys please help!! I am willing to answer further questions. Thanks a lot.
Your all-together financial circumstances is a disadvantage, you are more than likely to be refused a visa on that basis alone

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by CocoLoca(f): 11:04am On Dec 09, 2013
Vicjustice:
Your all-together financial circumstances is a disadvantage, you are more than likely to be refused a visa on that basis alone
Thanks! Maybe i should just put it off till next middle year or something. Or do i simply get somebody to act as a sponsor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by FrontPageLawyer(m): 11:21am On Dec 09, 2013
Waleabimbola:

consistency is really important my brother, i think you should stick to the 410k you have claimed in your previous application. failure to do so might lead to another Visa Denial .i think what you need to do is to write a comprehensive letter explain to them that you are a business man and your monthly salary/income isn't fixed.
from my own personal experience with UK embassy, anytime i am filling the form and they ask for my monthly income,my answer have always been 10.00--30.00(DEPENDS)
make sure you bracket the word DEPENDS.
at least me and my family have done this 3 times and we haven't been refused for once.
let other Gurus in the house advice you too bro, so that you can compare opinions.

Thanks bro. Much Love. Justwise, Vicjustice over to you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2013
CocoLoca:
Thanks! Maybe i should just put it off till next middle year or something. Or do i simply get somebody to act as a sponsor?
If you can satisfy the Visa Officer of the reason that you are being sponsored and also give satisfactory answer regarding the benefit that your sponsor will gain by spending his money on you for a tourist trip to the UK, then, the visa is yours
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 2:30pm On Dec 10, 2013
Vicjustice: If you can satisfy the Visa Officer of the reason that you are being sponsored and also give satisfactory answer regarding the benefit that your sponsor will gain by spending his money on you for a tourist trip to the UK, then, the visa is yours

I think you should apply next year July, Let your salary account run for six months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 3:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
wola44:

I think you should apply next year July, Let your salary account run for six months.
Ok, thank you, I'll take you'd advice and apply next year.
Please, what are the documents needed?
Joke, just to tell you that you quoted the wrong post cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cancerlib: 5:23pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hi, my brother was denied visa on d premise that his finances are more than d salary he claimed (d statement of acct). Now he wants to re-apply with supporting documents to back up d excess money in his account. The prob is some ppl told him to appeal while some said appeal will take 3mnths that he should apply afresh instead.
Pls which is d right way.
Fyi, he's going visiting, just going for his 3wks leave (our sis there is a citizen with a good job...cn this b to his advantage too?)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:53pm On Dec 10, 2013
cancerlib: Hi, my brother was denied visa on d premise that his finances are more than d salary he claimed (d statement of acct). Now he wants to re-apply with supporting documents to back up d excess money in his account. The prob is some ppl told him to appeal while some said appeal will take 3mnths that he should apply afresh instead.
Pls which is d right way.
Fyi, he's going visiting, just going for his 3wks leave (our sis there is a citizen with a good job...cn this b to his advantage too?)
It would be unreasonable to suggest the best way forward based on your interpretation of the refusal notice, so, in order to receive appropriate advice, i'd suggest that (if possible) it is better to provide the refusal letter (censoring the information that you consider personal or sensitive)

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cancerlib: 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
Vicjustice:
It would be unreasonable to suggest the best way forward based on your interpretation of the refusal notice, so, in order to receive appropriate advice, i'd suggest that (if possible) it is better to provide the refusal letter (censoring the information that you consider personal or sensitive)
Tx for d response, but pls how do I do that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by royalsweetness(f): 7:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
cancerlib:
Tx for d response, but pls how do I do that?

Type out exactly what was written in the refusal letter you received, and wherever your name or personal details are mentioned in the letter, replace it with xyz so that everybody would not know your name. grin

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cancerlib: 7:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
royalsweetness:

Type out exactly what was written in the refusal letter you received, and wherever your name or personal details are mentioned in the letter, replace it with xyz so that everybody would not know your name. grin
Tx sis cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cancerlib: 8:12pm On Dec 10, 2013
Vicjustice:
The Decision
U said on ur app form dt u av bn in full time employment as an admin mgr since May earnin a total of 150k p/mnth.In additn ds statemnt shws deposits in excess of ur income.Durin Oct 2.2m ws deposited into ur acct & d documents u submitted dnt shw d source of these funds...etc.

Ur right of appeal is limited to d grounds referred to in section84(1)(c) of d nationality,immigratn and asylum act 2002.
Tx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cancerlib: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
D excess money in d acct was sent by his sis for a project he's helping her with. He has d necessary document to show he's doing a project for her.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 9:35pm On Dec 10, 2013
cancerlib: D excess money in d acct was sent by his sis for a project he's helping her with. He has d necessary document to show he's doing a project for her.

Kindly reapply with Good supporting document to back up excess money pay into the account.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cancerlib: 10:37pm On Dec 10, 2013
wola44:

Kindly reapply with Good supporting document to back up excess money pay into the account.
Tx a ton!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:20am On Dec 11, 2013
cancerlib:
The Decision
U said on ur app form dt u av bn in full time employment as an admin mgr since May earnin a total of 150k p/mnth.In additn ds statemnt shws deposits in excess of ur income.Durin Oct 2.2m ws deposited into ur acct & d documents u submitted dnt shw d source of these funds...etc.

Ur right of appeal is limited to d grounds referred to in section84(1)(c) of d nationality,immigratn and asylum act 2002.
Tx
The account has evidence of Money Lodgement, and that is a big problem, he will be refused again as long as the account falls short of the requirement.
Read more here:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by cancerlib: 8:22am On Dec 11, 2013
Vicjustice: The account has evidence of Money Lodgement, and that is a big problem, he will be refused again as long as the account falls short of the requirement.
Read more here:
https://www.nairaland.com/967110/main-reasons-many-refused-visas
Tx for d link, its very informative.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:16am On Dec 11, 2013
wola44:

What kind of advice is this, persuading him to reapply for a visa that he can never get?
You guys should stop giving advice in hopes or wishes rather than in logical realities that comply with the written regulations and requirements.
Your advice is invalid because, it will definitely lead to an unsuccessful re-application and the loss of money, efforts and time

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2013
I would like to update the good people about my wife uk refusal. My wife had been to uk to visit me and my son who are both british. When my wife apply for her first uk visa she brought a letter from her uni delta state university and the visa was issue to her and we stated on the application she will be staying for 4weeks but she later stayed for 5month beco they had long holiday after completing her industry trainning program.however when we apply for a renewal she was refuse the ECO stated that she stayed for 5months instead of 4weeks stated on aplication and she did not summit letter from her uni in support. The reason why we did not bring A letter from her uni is beco she had already summit a letter from her uni in the first application. However, i reaply for the second time addressing those issue. I stated clearly to address the reason why she stay up to 5months and i also told the ECO that it does not matter how long my wife stay for but matter is that she did not overstay her visit by 1 or 28 day period and there was no restriction to the 4weeks but the visa clearly state she can stay for 185 days on her visit and this time we brought a letter from the university to support she is a student but the ECO refuse my wife again stating they were try to verify the letter from her uni they were unable so on the balance of probability they are not satify of her currently circustance in nigeria. I got very hungry knowing that my wife satify all the paragraphy 41 and section (1) of uk immigration rule. Decide to send an email to the british embasy in abuja i told the ECO that she/he should know that there is a national strike in unversity in nig and she should know this even the unborn baby know there is a strike in nig then would they clay that they were try to verify the letter. I tolk the case to court, i called the court yesterday and i was told that the court has sent a letter to british embassy in abuja give they from now to 24 feb 2014 for they to review the decision and issue the visa otherwise they will have to come to court to answer court qaurell becos the reason for the reason refuse is nosses or stupid reason. I whats to say is that i can understand i those unqaulify people should be working in in british embasy called themselve ECO to handle people visa aplication and refuse people visa for stupid reason. I will advice anyone who feel they have been deniel unfairly to take the british embassy to court in uk not in nigeria. I will update the house again they have issue the visa or they choose to go to court with me to answer quarel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by opsy4real1: 12:54pm On Dec 11, 2013
lol...Good luck
nickson03: I would like to update the good people about my wife uk refusal. My wife had been to uk to visit me and my son who are both british. When my wife apply for her first uk visa she brought a letter from her uni delta state university and the visa was issue to her and we stated on the application she will be staying for 4weeks but she later stayed for 5month beco they had long holiday after completing her industry trainning program.however when we apply for a renewal she was refuse the ECO stated that she stayed for 5months instead of 4weeks stated on aplication and she did not summit letter from her uni in support. The reason why we did not bring A letter from her uni is beco she had already summit a letter from her uni in the first application. However, i reaply for the second time addressing those issue. I stated clearly to address the reason why she stay up to 5months and i also told the ECO that it does not matter how long my wife stay for but matter is that she did not overstay her visit by 1 or 28 day period and there was no restriction to the 4weeks but the visa clearly state she can stay for 185 days on her visit and this time we brought a letter from the university to support she is a student but the ECO refuse my wife again stating they were try to verify the letter from her uni they were unable so on the balance of probability they are not satify of her currently circustance in nigeria. I got very hungry knowing that my wife satify all the paragraphy 41 and section (1) of uk immigration rule. Decide to send an email to the british embasy in abuja i told the ECO that she/he should know that there is a national strike in unversity in nig and she should know this even the unborn baby know there is a strike in nig then would they clay that they were try to verify the letter. I tolk the case to court, i called the court yesterday and i was told that the court has sent a letter to british embassy in abuja give they from now to 24 feb 2014 for they to review the decision and issue the visa otherwise they will have to come to court to answer court qaurell becos the reason for the reason refuse is nosses or stupid reason. I whats to say is that i can understand i those unqaulify people should be working in in british embasy called themselve ECO to handle people visa aplication and refuse people visa for stupid reason. I will advice anyone who feel they have been deniel unfairly to take the british embassy to court in uk not in nigeria. I will update the house again they have issue the visa or they choose to go to court with me to answer quarel.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:58pm On Dec 11, 2013
nickson03: I would like to update the good people about my wife uk refusal. My wife had been to uk to visit me and my son who are both british. When my wife apply for her first uk visa she brought a letter from her uni delta state university and the visa was issue to her and we stated on the application she will be staying for 4weeks but she later stayed for 5month beco they had long holiday after completing her industry trainning program.however when we apply for a renewal she was refuse the ECO stated that she stayed for 5months instead of 4weeks stated on aplication and she did not summit letter from her uni in support. The reason why we did not bring A letter from her uni is beco she had already summit a letter from her uni in the first application. However, i reaply for the second time addressing those issue. I stated clearly to address the reason why she stay up to 5months and i also told the ECO that it does not matter how long my wife stay for but matter is that she did not overstay her visit by 1 or 28 day period and there was no restriction to the 4weeks but the visa clearly state she can stay for 185 days on her visit and this time we brought a letter from the university to support she is a student but the ECO refuse my wife again stating they were try to verify the letter from her uni they were unable so on the balance of probability they are not satify of her currently circustance in nigeria. I got very hungry knowing that my wife satify all the paragraphy 41 and section (1) of uk immigration rule. Decide to send an email to the british embasy in abuja i told the ECO that she/he should know that there is a national strike in unversity in nig and she should know this even the unborn baby know there is a strike in nig then would they clay that they were try to verify the letter. I tolk the case to court, i called the court yesterday and i was told that the court has sent a letter to british embassy in abuja give they from now to 24 feb 2014 for they to review the decision and issue the visa otherwise they will have to come to court to answer court qaurell becos the reason for the reason refuse is nosses or stupid reason. I whats to say is that i can understand i those unqaulify people should be working in in british embasy called themselve ECO to handle people visa aplication and refuse people visa for stupid reason. I will advice anyone who feel they have been deniel unfairly to take the british embassy to court in uk not in nigeria. I will update the house again they have issue the visa or they choose to go to court with me to answer quarel.
When you took the "Embassy to court" did you hire a solicitor to plead your case or you wrote the charges all by yourself?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 3:46pm On Dec 11, 2013
i did hire a solicitor to plead your case
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 4:39pm On Dec 11, 2013
nickson03: i did hire a solicitor to plead your case
Solicitor, Barrister, Agent! angry angry angry
They will say to pleade your case, go from court to court all year long.
They get paid
Court get's paid.
YOU DO THE PAYING. grin grin

But it's your time and money to waste.

You can not really expect EVERY EMBASSY in EVERY COUNTRY
to know about any strike and how it affect every single school!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2013
Just wise and the gurus hello all am from ghana and need some advices serioiusly please guys
Please I applied for uk tourist visa on the 14th november 2013 stating I wanted to visit uk for
One week beginning 13 december to 20 december but as am writting you now on this day of 11
december have still not had a call or sms and when I track online it tells me visa application has
Been forwarded to the british high commission please what are my chances if the date I suppose
to travel passes which is 13 december 2013 coming friday,thank you guys anyone with idea or
advice will really help,thanx for the good work guys we appreciate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 6:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
zabrinma: Just wise and the gurus hello all am from ghana and need some advices serioiusly please guys
Please I applied for uk tourist visa on the 14th november 2013 stating I wanted to visit uk for
One week beginning 13 december to 20 december but as am writting you now on this day of 11
december have still not had a call or sms and when I track online it tells me visa application has
Been forwarded to the british high commission please what are my chances if the date I suppose
to travel passes which is 13 december 2013 coming friday,thank you guys anyone with idea or
advice will really help,thanx for the good work guys we appreciate

If you can email or contact the embassy fine, i guess you will just have to be patient and hope it still fits into your schedule
the timelines they set to consider each application is not exact especially during peak holiday periods

Your chances are based on your circumstances, documents, travel history
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 6:21pm On Dec 11, 2013
pls i knw im disturbin..jst wanna clarify...im under 18...nd my uncle wants to bring me to the uk to settle there...meanwhile my parents are both late..nd my uncle has been my guardian since when they died...i provided dem the documents they needed...am i good on this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 6:23pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dramadiddy: pls i knw im disturbin..jst wanna clarify...im under 18...nd my uncle wants to bring me to the uk to settle there...meanwhile my parents are both late..nd my uncle has been my guardian since when they died...i provided dem the documents they needed...am i good on this?

why not leave this to your uncle, he's more likely to avoid mistakes and get the correct documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 7:14pm On Dec 11, 2013
Which court in the UK did you take the embassy to?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 7:29pm On Dec 11, 2013
@justwise.. thanx for your reply and yes I applied with all documents I can think of
And have visited south africa and also was recently in istanbul for 13 days in ocotober
this year before I recently applied for the uk visiting visa, I gave my business registration
Tax clearnace ,two bank statement from standard charted and barclays with prove of
my treasure bills on both accounts, my car documents and receipt of purchase also my
Land documents with plantation my father left for me also with afidavit and itenary,
Introduction letter and places I want to visit whiles in the uk and the hotel booking
Confirmation from 13 december to 20 december but no airline bookings also my
Marriage certificate and my house documents as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by nickson03: 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2013
When a solicitor plead your case for you in the it only take 1-6 months it does not go from court to court and it does not go from year to year where in uk. I will tell you of someone i know. My dad friend aply for uk visit visa for her son and daughter. ECO refuse her son and duaghter visa becos they stated on the refusal letter thst they done believe that the boy and her gire are my dad friend children and their mother went for dna test to proof they are her children but the british did not want to issue the visa becos they believe they will not return to nig. My dad friend took they to court the shocking thing is that on the day of the court the embassy run off i mean they did turn up on court. So the judge order the embassy to issue the visa immediate effect. All these when just between 1-6 months. I took they to court in novermber but the court has order they to review the decision and issue the visa or they will have to come court to answer quarel i know the embasyy will prefer to issue visa than coming to court. Embasy will only appear in court only when they know the have 80-100per of winning otherwise they will not come becos it will court they alot to hire solicitor for themselve. They will never come when they know the reason for the refusal is nossess and silly reason.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 9:45pm On Dec 11, 2013
Dis Guy:

why not leave this to your uncle, he's more likely to avoid mistakes and get the correct documents
yeah ive applied.. Jst wanna knw if bhc allows dat kinda stuff cos i saw wer dey sed dey can allow if ur parents r livin there...

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.