Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,647 members, 7,979,192 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 11:06 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (998925 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 9:59am On Dec 19, 2013
Its a general tourist visitors visa bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 12:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
zabrinma: @Dramadiddy....thanx bro will check on google and will update the house,but one last question its been a month and a week since I submitted my application, is that normal to take that long even dough its peak month as its Christmas.

zabrinma: @vicjustice.....Hello bro I called vfs yesterday and the lady on phone insulted me saying if
I want I should write a letter of withdrawal when i feel its delaying and that dicisions are
Made from 3 to 12 week after submitting documents, and today i wrote the high commission
On the issue stating why I wrote them since I didnt get a respond from their middle man VFS.
Am yet to see if they reply my mail,guys any advice please anybody including vicjustice my
Bro. Thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 1:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Dis Guy:

tourist visa applications r plenty in nigeria theyre in their thousands...i fink its still nrmal for u to wait
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 2:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
Dramadiddy: tourist visa applications r plenty in nigeria theyre in their thousands...i fink its still nrmal for u to wait

ok bro thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by confuxsio(f): 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2013
Thank you to Vicjustice and zabrima for your advice. Will provide an update once they grant him the visa...prophetically speakingcheesy

This thread rocks! smiley

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by APFM(m): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
Guru's in d house,

Pls a friend of mine applied for UK visa twice dis year and was refused bt dnt knw d ground.
A so called broda that also do UK runs propsed dat dey shud appeal and it has taken more than 5months,nothing has been heard frm d broda or UK immigration.
Pls my concern is do dey send passport along with d appeal letter?
Cos my friend jst told me nw dat d agent collected his passport along.
He wants to apply for SA bt no passport to apply with

I need a reply house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2013
APFM: Guru's in d house,

Pls a friend of mine applied for UK visa twice dis year and was refused bt dnt knw d ground.
A so called broda that also do UK runs propsed dat dey shud appeal and it has taken more than 5months,nothing has been heard frm d broda or UK immigration.
Pls my concern is do dey send passport along with d appeal letter?
Cos my friend jst told me nw dat d agent collected his passport along.
He wants to apply for SA bt no passport to apply with

I need a reply house
Tell your "friend" about this site.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by APFM(m): 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2013
Vicjustice:
Tell your "friend" about this site.
Ok sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BrizzyA(m): 6:31pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hi
Please I need help...my sister just got a job in UK, she's to resume on Feb 14th 2014...they promised to pay half of the work permit fees and air ticket fee...niter she doesnt even have a visa or a valid passport....so confused right now....please where should she start from?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 6:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
BrizzyA: Hi
Please I need help...my sister just got a job in UK, she's to resume on Feb 14th 2014...they promised to pay half of the work permit fees and air ticket fee...niter she doesnt even have a visa or a valid passport....so confused right now....please where should she start from?

I suspect scam! Your sister might be a target for scam.

Did she apply for any job in the UK? what's your sister's discipline and what job is she being offered? Was an interview conducted?

Just out of curiousity, why are you *so confused right now" on behalf of your sister?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by worry359(m): 6:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
BrizzyA: Hi
First
Have they asked for any money yet?
This could be a scam trick to rob your sister, be carefull!!!!!!
Next what is the job? check the name of the company on Google to see if it is real.
Getting people to take up so called jobs then keeping them as slaves in frequently seen.
Females are VERY vunerable to being exploited when away from home.
Don't pay any fees to agent!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BrizzyA(m): 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2013
worry 359:
First
Have they asked for any money yet?
This could be a scam trick to rob your sister, be carefull!!!!!!
Next what is the job? check the name of the company on Google to see if it is real.
Getting people to take up so called jobs then keeping them as slaves in frequently seen.
Females are VERY vunerable to being exploited when away from home.
Don't pay any fees to agent!

No, no money has been asked for yet....customer relations officer in a hotel (googled it already).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BrizzyA(m): 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
solomonwis:

I suspect scam! Your sister might be a target for scam.

Did she apply for any job in the UK? what's your sister's discipline and what job is she being offered? Was an interview conducted?

Just out of curiousity, why are you *so confused right now" on behalf of your sister?

Yes she applied for it.....she studied English (bsc) with some years of work experience (customer service(bank) supervisor (peppperoni)....yes an interview was conducted online.......I meant she doesn't know where to start from.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by solomonwis(m): 7:45pm On Dec 22, 2013
BrizzyA: Yes she applied for it.....she studied English (bsc) with some years of work experience (customer service(bank) supervisor (peppperoni)....yes an interview was conducted online.......I meant she doesn't know where to start from

I still feel your sister is a target of some sinister motive of some people.

That occupation (if that's what she's being considered for) is not on the shortage occupation list in the UK (under Tier 2 - General), hence securing a work permit will be a cry for the moon.

Again, if the employer is willing to "...pay half of the work permit fees and air ticket fee.." They should go the extra mile, explaining how your sister can secure a work permit.

Tell your sister, there are more than a million people qualified for that occupation in the UK, why on earth will they come to the depth of Africa to employ somebody?

Scammers have gone berserk and will do anything and everything to scam people including organizing an interview and building websites to give "legitimacy" to their nefarious act.

Your sister is a target!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BrizzyA(m): 7:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
Whao....need to do extensive verification.thnx fam
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by beautyuche: 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
Please guys i need your health in vetting this.....

Unable to demonstrate maintenance funds of 7200 GBP in account for minimum period of 28 days

Firstly the CAS letter was issued to me based on the UK boarder Agency requirement on the maintenance upkeep. To this effect an Organizational financial sponsorship was sent to the school and accepted for CAS Issuance.
Secondly while filling my application under maintenance and fee( No 83 & 84) I explicitly stated that my official financial sponsor LES Hommes ltd will bear the cost of my maintenance fee as accepted by the UK boarder agency and have submitted along with the visa application , the accepted Letter of sponsorship, the Company Bank Reference Letter and the Company Bank Statement that were not referred to or rather ignored during the processing of my application .
Thirdly I am fully aware that the funds in my personal account will have been few days less of the minimum 28 day requirement and be sufficient within the application processing period. I submitted my personal bank statements to buttress the fact that I had funds of my own as support to my application as an ADD ON to my maintenance while studying in the UK. Using my personal account to refuse me entry clearance was inappropriate.
Kindly reconsider my application as I will lose my Official Sponsorship which is a rare opportunity given me to further my career as a Marine Professional as my course of study Chief Mate (Unlimited)/ HND Nautical Science could not be obtained in country and the school may not be able to issue another CAS reference letter as 6th December deadline has passed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2013
Good Morning guys and Merry Christmas, please has any one received any email like this from the high commission after contacting them and can any one please tell What they trying to tell me,thanx guys please gurus need urgent reply cause my application has taken so long over a month and weeks.thank you

Thanks for your email.

A decision has been made on your application. You would be contacted by VFS
for collection as soon as the decision is ready.

Kind Regards,

Casework and Correspondence Section,
International Operations and Visas

Home Office,
British High Commission, P. O. Box 296, Accra, Ghana
Email: accra.visa.corr@fco.gov.uk<mailto:accra.visa.corr@fco.gov.uk> Tel:
+233 30 2213200 I Fax: +233 30 2221715
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:25am On Dec 24, 2013
zabrinma: Good Morning guys and Merry Christmas, please has any one received any email like this from the high commission after contacting them and can any one please tell What they trying to tell me,thanx guys please gurus need urgent reply cause my application has taken so long over a month and weeks.thank you

Thanks for your email.

A decision has been made on your application. You would be contacted by VFS
for collection as soon as the decision is ready.

Kind Regards,

Casework and Correspondence Section,
International Operations and Visas

Home Office,
British High Commission, P. O. Box 296, Accra, Ghana
Email: accra.visa.corr@fco.gov.uk<mailto:accra.visa.corr@fco.gov.uk> Tel:
+233 30 2213200 I Fax: +233 30 2221715

It simply means that the VFS will contact you when your passport is ready for collection
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 8:28am On Dec 24, 2013
BrizzyA:

Yes she applied for it.....she studied English (bsc) with some years of work experience (customer service(bank) supervisor (peppperoni)....yes an interview was conducted online.......I meant she doesn't know where to start from.

I think its a scam, but it will be clearer to her when she is asked to pay money for visa or some other stuff. What is the name of the company or their address( post code in the UK)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 9:14am On Dec 24, 2013
@justwise... thanx bro but please just to clear my curiosity, why did they wrote me a decision has been made when they know its not yet by vfs they really confuse me with their first line in the mail.thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 10:16am On Dec 24, 2013
zabrinma: @justwise... thanx bro but please just to clear my curiosity, why did they wrote me a decision has been made when they know its not yet by vfs they really confuse me with their first line in the mail.thanx

The BHC will make a decision then send your passport to VFS for delivery, VFS will sort the passports out then call applicants for collection
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 10:18am On Dec 24, 2013
zabrinma: @justwise... thanx bro but please just to clear my curiosity, why did they wrote me a decision has been made when they know its not yet by vfs they really confuse me with their first line in the mail.thanx
maybe they mean deyve made their decision but its nt ready for pickup...if thats d case u can wait jst a week more u will eceive ur package
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 12:17pm On Dec 24, 2013
@justwise.... thanx bro but this BHC have really surprised me for taken over a month and weeks on a general visitors visa application, I will update the house of the out come as soon as I hear from them finally for my application pickup. Merry Christmas All....Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Isnain: 11:25am On Dec 25, 2013
Hi
I must know something.I got invitation letter from my british citizen brother in uk for 6 months family visitor.I just want to know when does this letter duration expire especially when im not visiting uk and dont think i will visit for a while..Does this simple invitation letter remain valid for a long period like a year? or does it expire shortly?

please let me know soon
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BnBarbie(f): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2013
Hello peeps,

Compliments of the season.
Please i want to find out if UK embassy still does priority service for visas?
If yes, where is the payment made? Online or in person at the VAC?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:36pm On Dec 26, 2013
Isnain: Hi
I must know something.I got invitation letter from my british citizen brother in uk for 6 months family visitor.I just want to know when does this letter duration expire especially when im not visiting uk and dont think i will visit for a while..Does this simple invitation letter remain valid for a long period like a year? or does it expire shortly?

please let me know soon
The letter is valid for as long as the purpose of your visit is valid, usually within six months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 26, 2013
hi,pls i need to know the requirements for getting a uk visiting visa for the first time..i'm a total novice..thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BnBarbie(f): 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
@ Vicjustice, justwise; please what exactly do they mean by "total amount you have for the trip"?
Is it how much i have or how much i intend spending for the entire trip?
i also asked earlier about priority service if its still available at UK embassy but no one responded. sad
please help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
BnBarbie: @ Vicjustice, justwise; please what exactly do they mean by "total amount you have for the trip"?
Is it how much i have or how much i intend spending for the entire trip?
i also asked earlier about priority service if its still available at UK embassy but no one responded. sad
please help.

Both of them, how much do you budget for the trip? How much will the trip cost you? You need to make a min-budget of your trip to be able to answer that question realistically.

I'm not sure priority service is available for visiting visa, i think its for business visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
missblanche: hi,pls i need to know the requirements for getting a uk visiting visa for the first time..i'm a total novice..thanks

Please take your time and read this thread, that question has been answered over and over again here before
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by BnBarbie(f): 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2013
Thanks.
Yes im applying for a business visa.
justwise:

Both of them, how much do you budget for the trip? How much will the trip cost you? You need to make a min-budget of your trip to be able to answer that question realistically.

I'm not sure priority service is available for visiting visa, i think its for business visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
BnBarbie:

Thanks.
Yes im applying for a business visa.

Give the embassy a call or an email to confirm if that service is still available

(1) (2) (3) ... (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.