Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,897 members, 7,922,167 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:02 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (993276 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 11:22am On Dec 12, 2013
@justwise.. thanx for your reply and yes I applied with all documents I can think of
And have visited south africa and also was recently in istanbul for 13 days in ocotober
this year before I recently applied for the uk visiting visa, I gave my business registration
Tax clearnace ,two bank statement from standard charted and barclays with prove of
my treasure bills on both accounts, my car documents and receipt of purchase also my
Land documents with plantation my father left for me also with afidavit and itenary,
Introduction letter and places I want to visit whiles in the uk and the hotel booking
Confirmation from 13 december to 20 december but no airline bookings also my
Marriage certificate and my house documents as well
justwise: Which court in the UK did you take the embassy to?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:38am On Dec 12, 2013
zabrinma: @justwise.. thanx for your reply and yes I applied with all documents I can think of
And have visited south africa and also was recently in istanbul for 13 days in ocotober
this year before I recently applied for the uk visiting visa, I gave my business registration
Tax clearnace ,two bank statement from standard charted and barclays with prove of
my treasure bills on both accounts, my car documents and receipt of purchase also my
Land documents with plantation my father left for me also with afidavit and itenary,
Introduction letter and places I want to visit whiles in the uk and the hotel booking
Confirmation from 13 december to 20 december but no airline bookings also my
Marriage certificate and my house documents as well
Though, it is possible to still get the visa even after the intended date of travel has passed by, but there is a very high chance that the visa would be refused for reason on change of circumstances especially if the dates are not flexible due to commitments; or activities; or period sensitivity. But if the travel dates are flexible and there are no obligations or commitments that may be affected, then it will now depend on the judgement of the visa officer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 5:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
@justwise.... thanx bro much appreciated and I will just wait for them dont want to enail or call them to think am so desperate cause I have no intention living the life have built in Ghana to go and be somewhere illegal insha Allah I pray and hope for the best my intentions are just to visit five tourist destinations for a week,i hope circumstances and obligations dont affect me thanx just wise and will update you and the house the house the outcome..... and please justwise and good guys of the house what do you suggest I do now if you where in my shoes now?thanx guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:55pm On Dec 12, 2013
zabrinma: @justwise.... thanx bro much appreciated and I will just wait for them dont want to enail or call them to think am so desperate cause I have no intention living the life have built in Ghana to go and be somewhere illegal insha Allah I pray and hope for the best my intentions are just to visit five tourist destinations for a week,i hope circumstances and obligations dont affect me thanx just wise and will update you and the house the house the outcome..... and please justwise and good guys of the house what do you suggest I do now if you where in my shoes now?thanx guys
I'm not Justwise, I'm not Justfool either smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2013
Vicjustice:
I'm not Justwise, I'm not Justfool either.
what do you mean by that statement am only asking for
Advice with my visa situation and you reply telling me you are not justwise or justfool please where did i
Mention just fool in my message or what thing dey worry you..

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 10:45pm On Dec 12, 2013
zabrinma: @justwise.... thanx bro much appreciated and [size=13pt]I will just wait for them[/size] dont want to enail or call them to think am so desperate cause I have no intention living the life have built in Ghana to go and be somewhere illegal insha Allah I pray and hope for the best my intentions are just to visit five tourist destinations for a week,i hope circumstances and obligations dont affect me thanx just wise and will update you and the house the house the outcome..... and please justwise and good guys of the house what do you suggest I do now if you where in my shoes now?thanx guys

as long as you don't need your passport and documents urgently you just have to wait....December is peak period
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:23am On Dec 13, 2013
zabrinma: what do you mean by that statement am only asking for
Advice with my visa situation and you reply telling me you are not justwise or justfool please where did i
Mention just fool in my message or what thing dey worry you..
Well, you can insult me all you like, after-all, i deserve what i get. Not so?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 12:42am On Dec 13, 2013
@vic justice..... thanx and will update the house of the outcome
and i never insulted you bro please check what i
Wrote but am very sorry if my explanation made
you felt insulted I think we misunderstood each
other and am dearly sorry, cheers bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by bunita11218: 12:53pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hello Just wise,
I am writing on behalf of my sister who applied for a 5years visa last week and was denied due to the following reasons:
1. they said during London Olympics that she wrote in her previous application she is staying for 3weeks and she stayed for 4 weeks
2. She also travelled again early 2012 and stayed for another 1month instead of 3weeks. she did this because its a 2 years multiple entries.
3. They said her sponsors' account name is not on the statement of account that it just has the company name on it.
Please what do you advise to be done. i suggest an administrative review however i will need a good lawyer to defend her for all this allegations.
Please kindly share your advise also.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Deolu1993: 3:01pm On Dec 13, 2013
Hey guys...I would like you guys advice for some 1 in this situation..the person couldnt get January entry so they are now looking at September next year..so based on this what advice can you give as regards what the person can be doing from January to June next year..like do u guys know of any courses the person can do that can be used by the person to boost his application for next year(eg online courses ) or work experience.Basically just worthwhile ways to spend that 6months next year instead of just staying at home doing nothing.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 10:59am On Dec 16, 2013
Vicjustice: What kind of advice is this, persuading him to reapply for a visa that he can never get?
You guys should stop giving advice in hopes or wishes rather than in logical realities that comply with the written regulations and requirements.
Your advice is invalid because, it will definitely lead to an unsuccessful re-application and the loss of money, efforts and time

@ Vicjustice

I think you don't know what you are saying, How do u explain excess of income or large amount to ECO ? only way is supporting document. Be careful with ur statement when responding to other people's advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wishlolia(f): 10:57pm On Dec 16, 2013
wola44:

@ Vicjustice

I think you don't know what you are saying, How do u explain excess of income or large amount to ECO ? only way is supporting document. Be careful with ur statement when responding to other people's advise.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:03pm On Dec 16, 2013
wola44:

@ Vicjustice

I simply said that the advice that you gave to cancerlib is not in compliance with the written rules and regulations. It would be more plausible to apologise to him for giving him an invalid advice that would have made him loss his time and money
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by wola44: 9:26am On Dec 17, 2013
Vicjustice: I simply said that the advice that you gave to cancerlib is not in compliance with the written rules and regulations. It would be more plausible to apologise to him for giving him an invalid advice that would have made him loss his time and money

Who told you that the advise is not in compliance with the written rules and regulations. Mr Wise , Tell us your advice if Cancerlib choose to reapply ?

If Cancerlib want to reapply the best way is to presence supporting document for the large amount. I have been in the situation before and it was resolved ok.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2013
wola44:

Who told you that the advise is not in compliance with the written rules and regulations. Mr Wise , Tell us your advice if Cancerlib choose to reapply ?

If Cancerlib want to reapply the best way is to presence supporting document for the large amount. I have been in the situation before and it was resolved ok.
Are there no rules regarding financial requirements for tourist visa application?
If a person borrows money from an "uncle" or took a loan from somewhere, like what kind of documents can he present to fulfill the conditions of financial requirements for tourist visa?
Even if there exists a document to this effect, does that make it acceptable for tourist visa?
It would help if you understand the golden rules regarding financial requirements for tourist visa so you may know that only a bank account with good balance and comprehensive statements of consistent income is acceptable: and not one with evidence of money lodgement.
Is it too hard for you to understand that your advice when you said "kindly reapply with good supporting document that explains the money lodgement" is utterly invalid and dangerous to his money?
By the way, I never called you any name, so name calling from you will be unacceptable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by justwise(m): 3:57pm On Dec 17, 2013
bunita11218: Hello Just wise,
I am writing on behalf of my sister who applied for a 5years visa last week and was denied due to the following reasons:
1. they said during London Olympics that she wrote in her previous application she is staying for 3weeks and she stayed for 4 weeks
2. She also travelled again early 2012 and stayed for another 1month instead of 3weeks. she did this because its a 2 years multiple entries.
3. They said her sponsors' account name is not on the statement of account that it just has the company name on it.
Please what do you advise to be done. i suggest an administrative review however i will need a good lawyer to defend her for all this allegations.
Please kindly share your advise also.

thanks

Are you sure its an allegation? Did she stay more than she stated? Is the sponsor's name in the bank account? Before you waste your money and time on a lawyer consider answers to those questions first.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 9:06pm On Dec 17, 2013
hello guys have u seen a mail like this before...jst wanna be sure cos im supposed to travel to my villa dis week... i dnt want to believe this is also a default message too..pls ur replies are needed

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by royalsweetness(f): 10:41pm On Dec 17, 2013
Please what's the best way to book a British Airways flight from Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by confuxsio(f): 12:53am On Dec 18, 2013
Hi All,

I've searched the threads tire but I'm not sure I've found an answer. Hope someone can help me embarassed

My BF is looking to come over to the UK to visit me for 9 days in Feb 2014 and has reserved hotel accommodation in London for his entire stay. He currently works offshore on a 2wks on/off rota in Nigeria so only has limited time to make his application. He has a sister who lives with her family in Manchester and a brother in Leeds. Both siblings are British citizens. He was in the UK from Sep 2011 - Feb 2013 on a student visa.

He was going to apply for a general tourist visa to quicken to process/avoid getting letters and bank statements etc but since he has family in the UK so we decided it was best for him to complete a family visa. Can I check this is the better option and which gives him a better chance of obtaining a visa? He is sponsoring himself and has evidence of his employment, his rota details, bank statements and a current account with over 2 million naira.

Can we apply for family visa but since his siblings are British citizens, do we need to provide financial information? The guide on the UKBA site only states the below, with no mention of financial info:

'You may also want to provide:

a letter of invitation from the family member you are visiting;
evidence of their immigration status in the UK, this could be copies of:
bio-data pages from their passports
valid visa or immigration stamp from their passport
Home Office letter confirming permission to stay in the UK
.'

If none of the above, what should we do??

Thanks in advance smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by jcaribie: 4:16am On Dec 18, 2013
confuxsio: Hi All,

I've searched the threads tire but I'm not sure I've found an answer. Hope someone can help me embarassed

My BF is looking to come over to the UK to visit me for 9 days in Feb 2014 and has reserved hotel accommodation in London for his entire stay. He currently works offshore on a 2wks on/off rota in Nigeria so only has limited time to make his application. He has a sister who lives with her family in Manchester and a brother in Leeds. Both siblings are British citizens. He was in the UK from Sep 2011 - Feb 2013 on a student visa.

He was going to apply for a general tourist visa to quicken to process/avoid getting letters and bank statements etc but since he has family in the UK so we decided it was best for him to complete a family visa. Can I check this is the better option and which gives him a better chance of obtaining a visa? He is sponsoring himself and has evidence of his employment, his rota details, bank statements and a current account with over 2 million naira.

Can we apply for family visa but since his siblings are British citizens, do we need to provide financial information? The guide on the UKBA site only states the below, with no mention of financial info:

.'

Thanks in advance smiley

Yes, you do need to provide a financial statement along with what the UKBA has asked for.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:04am On Dec 18, 2013
confuxsio: Hi All,

.'

Thanks in advance smiley
If he is taking care of his own trip, and he is presenting his own bank statement as evidence of fund, he does not need to provide additional bank statement belonging to the person that he is visiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:22am On Dec 18, 2013
jcaribie:

Yes, you do need to provide a financial statement along with what the UKBA has asked for.
This is where it all gone wrong... The written regulations and requirements are there, yet, you guys like to provide your own personal opinions which are often misleading misinformation.
Please, if you are answering a question or providing advice based on your own opinions, then, make it explicitly clear by using prases like "in my opinion" so that people may apply their own caution: Now, if a stranger comes to ask a question and you provide wrong advice to him (and it backfires), what kind of impression would he have of the forum and users?

It is way better to have no information than to be armed with misinformation because, misinformation is dangerous.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dramadiddy: hello guys have u seen a mail like this before...jst wanna be sure cos im supposed to travel to my villa dis week... i dnt want to believe this is also a default message too..pls ur replies are needed
an ans plzzzzzzzzz... wana knw if this is an automated message
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by confuxsio(f): 7:41pm On Dec 18, 2013
smiley Thanks for your advice Vicjustice. I appreciate it but just so I understand this correctly, can I ask the following?

If he applies on tourist visa, names his relatives and states 'NO' to the question about visiting/staying them, will that give the ECO a reason to raise an eyebrow? Some agency he asked told him to do it this way but I think it sounds dodgy and I (thinking as an ECO) might question why he's not visiting (esp as he used his sister's address as his main place of resident whilst he was a student)...I could be wrong sha

OR

Would it be better for him to apply on a family visa, naming his relatives and showing evidence of him sponsoring himself without the need for financial info?

Thanks in advance once again smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 9:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
@vicjustice.....Hello bro I called vfs yesterday and the lady on phone insulted me saying if
I want I should write a letter of withdrawal when i feel its delaying and that dicisions are
Made from 3 to 12 week after submitting documents, and today i wrote the high commission
On the issue stating why I wrote them since I didnt get a respond from their middle man VFS.
Am yet to see if they reply my mail,guys any advice please anybody including vicjustice my
Bro. Thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
zabrinma: @vicjustice.....Hello bro I called vfs yesterday and the lady on phone insulted me saying if
I want I should write a letter of withdrawal when i feel its delaying and that dicisions are
Made from 3 to 12 week after submitting documents, and today i wrote the high commission
On the issue stating why I wrote them since I didnt get a respond from their middle man VFS.
Am yet to see if they reply my mail,guys any advice please anybody including vicjustice my
Bro. Thanx
well i mailed sheffield...their response is polite and relievin and i blive its d truth..u shd try it out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 10:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dramadiddy: well i mailed sheffield...their response is polite and relievin and i blive its d truth..u shd try it out

bro please where and who is sheffield cause am writing from ghana and here its
Vfs and the British high commission only I know of. Thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 12:51am On Dec 19, 2013
zabrinma:

bro please where and who is sheffield cause am writing from ghana and here its
Vfs and the British high commission only I know of. Thanx
ohh...i thought u were nigerian..sheffield onli attends to applications frm nigeria canada nd u.s...u can check gooogle or check ur courier receipt dere shd b a mail address for enquiries
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 7:25am On Dec 19, 2013
@Dramadiddy....thanx bro will check on google and will update the house,but one last question its been a month and a week since I submitted my application, is that normal to take that long even dough its peak month as its Christmas.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 8:44am On Dec 19, 2013
confuxsio: smiley Thanks for your advice Vicjustice. I appreciate it but just so I understand this correctly, can I ask the following?

If he applies on tourist visa, names his relatives and states 'NO' to the question about visiting/staying them, will that give the ECO a reason to raise an eyebrow? Some agency he asked told him to do it this way but I think it sounds dodgy and I (thinking as an ECO) might question why he's not visiting (esp as he used his sister's address as his main place of resident whilst he was a student)...I could be wrong sha

OR

Would it be better for him to apply on a family visa, naming his relatives and showing evidence of him sponsoring himself without the need for financial info?

Thanks in advance once again smiley
First of all, I like to warn you to avoid "agent", just to beware of any agent who interferes with visa application, such is not an agent but a syndicate. A genuine agent only deals with travel related issues such as itinerary arrangements and other travel related information etc. But as for visa related matters, just stay away from them because, they are agents of doom, deceptive syndicates, professing to be influential with embassies, they get you into life-long troubles while they get paid. Beware of them.
Now, to your queston, it is not a requirement that he must visit relatives because they live in the UK, especially if he is an independent traveller (with general visit/tourist visa) with tight personal schedules: remember that the UK is not that small... But it is a different thing if applying for a family visit visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 9:41am On Dec 19, 2013
Vicjustice: First of all, I like to warn you to avoid "agent", just to beware of any agent who interferes with visa application, such is not an agent but a syndicate. A genuine agent only deals with travel related issues such as itinerary arrangements and other travel related information etc. But as for visa related matters, just stay away from them because, they are agents of doom, deceptive syndicate, professing to be influential with embassies, they get you into life-long troubles while they get paid. Beware of them.
Now, to your queston, it is not a requirement that he must visit relatives because they live in the UK, especially if he is an independent traveller (with general visit/tourist visa) with tight personal schedules: remember that the UK is not that small... But it is a different thing if applying for a family visit visa

My sister I think you should take vicjustice words very seriously because visa agents who has embassies influence will only end you up by a ban and also living you to the police to answer questions just because of a tourist visa,so please explain to him what vicjustice has said on here it will dearly help you both cause am talking from past experience. Thank You
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 9:42am On Dec 19, 2013
zabrinma: @Dramadiddy....thanx bro will check on google and will update the house,but one last question its been a month and a week since I submitted my application, is that normal to take that long even dough its peak month as its Christmas.
what kind of application did u make?

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.