Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,898 members, 7,922,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 08:09 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (993279 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (426) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 11:38am On Dec 31, 2013
vicjustice,justwise and the gurus Good morning guys its been a month and two weeks since i put in my visa application for tourist visa and till now i think the BHC have forgotten me totally cause their last respond to my mail was on the 20th this month telling me they have made decision on my application but i should wait for vfs to contact me as soon as the decision is ready,Anyone been through something like this before and is it normal to take so much time on tourist visiting visa please advices will help and as for calling the vfs is what have been doing even yesterday.thanx guys waiting for respond from you and best action to take.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
zabrinma: vicjustice,justwise and the gurus Good morning guys its been a month and two weeks since i put in my visa application for tourist visa and till now i think the BHC have forgotten me totally cause their last respond to my mail was on the 20th this month telling me they have made decision on my application but i should wait for vfs to contact me as soon as the decision is ready,Anyone been through something like this before and is it normal to take so much time on tourist visiting visa please advices will help and as for calling the vfs is what have been doing even yesterday.thanx guys waiting for respond from you and best action to take.

I think you might have submitted some documents that required thorough investigation. I just picked up my visa (plus my wife and kids) today and the issue date on it was 24 December 2013 (exactly 3 weeks after submission) even though i only got an email yesterday stating that the visa is ready for collection in two days. I took a gamble by going there today and was lucky to realise it was even ready for pickup. I got the usual SMS afer I had already collected the visas grin. I can only advise you wait till first week in January. I suggest you take your mind off your application and concentrate on other productive things, worry changes nothing; the decission is already made anyways. Happy new year bro...

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 4:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
ty01:

I think you might have submitted some documents that required thorough investigation. I just picked up my visa (plus my wife and kids) today and the issue date on it was 24 December 2013 (exactly 3 weeks after submission) even though i only got an email yesterday stating that the visa is ready for collection in two days. I took a gamble by going there today and was lucky to realise it was even ready for pickup. I got the usual SMS afer I had already collected the visas grin. I can only advise you wait till first week in January. I suggest you take your mind off your application and concentrate on other productive things, worry changes nothing; the decission is already made anyways. Happy new year bro...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 4:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
@ty01.....Thanx bro much appreciated will do so and will update the out come and think you right about the documents investigation cause I submitted alot of documents but what still buffels me is if decision has been made on my application then why still hold on to my documents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by ty01: 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
zabrinma:
@ty01.....Thanx bro much appreciated will do so and will update the out come and think you right about the documents investigation cause I submitted alot of documents but what still buffels me is if decision has been made on my application then why still hold on to my documents?

It is not out of place to take some time to return your documents. Some verifications are done via phone calls, while some (especially those with seals) are done physically. Physically, i mean BHC will scan or send the original documents to the issuing authority for verification. BHC will have to wait for the issuing authority to return the documents before forwarding them to you. Meanwhile, the issuing authority might have communicated to the BHC by mail to confirm or deny the authenticity of the documents. By such email or phone calls, BHC can make a decission, but the documents can not be sent to you untill the BHC receives the original copies.

The delay may also be due to the inefficiency of te courier compay, I think they use UPS.

Best of luck bro nad pls relax your mind wink...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
ty01:

It is not out of place to take some time to return your documents. Some verifications are done via phone calls, while some (especially those with seals) are done physically. Physically, i mean BHC will scan or send the original documents to the issuing authority for verification. BHC will have to wait for the issuing authority to return the documents before forwarding them to you. Meanwhile, the issuing authority might have communicated to the BHC by mail to confirm or deny the authenticity of the documents. By such email or phone calls, BHC can make a decission, but the documents can not be sent to you untill the BHC receives the original copies.

The delay may also be due to the inefficiency of te courier compay, I think they use UPS.

Best of luck bro nad pls relax your mind wink...

Thanx bro I don tire for the visa self cause all my documnets are originals but you know this oyebo people they do what they want thanx will update the house of the result cause I believe. Since ukba was made am the first to be waiting 8 weeks now for my application on a general tourist visa. sheyy I don make history oo for ukba grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by yusfaith78(m): 12:04pm On Jan 01, 2014
I applied for uk visa in november and I was refused because the ECO said I didnt explain how I want to spend my time in uk and that I didnt summit any document dat show my financial circumstances in nigeria, but trust me its all lier I summitted every single document dat show my financial curcumstances like my company bank statement and personal bank statement, tax clearance, certificate of incorporation and some other necessary documents including how I intend to spend my time in uk. So I reapply immediately add a letter from an immigration lawyer then I can a call from the embassy to come for interview tmrw. I just want to if its a good thing or not
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 10:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
yusfaith78: I applied for uk visa in november and I was refused because the ECO said I didnt explain how I want to spend my time in uk and that I didnt summit any document dat show my financial circumstances in nigeria, but trust me its all lier I summitted every single document dat show my financial curcumstances like my company bank statement and personal bank statement, tax clearance, certificate of incorporation and some other necessary documents including how I intend to spend my time in uk. So I reapply immediately add a letter from an immigration lawyer then I can a call from the embassy to come for interview tmrw. I just want to if its a good thing or not

Bros no wahala go face them tomorrow cause this people e be like say they no want make africans come to their country but we have british citizens travelling around afrika and south america without even having 1000 pounds with them,Good luck for tomorrow as for me my case na Baba God go handle am.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 10:45pm On Jan 01, 2014
zabrinma:
Bros no wahala go face them tomorrow cause this people e be like say they no want make africans come to their country but we have british citizens travelling around afrika and south america without even having 1000 pounds with them,Good luck for tomorrow as for me my case na Baba God go handle am.
How many of these "British Citizens" are taking up illegal employments in an Africa country, or are resorting to public funds under an African social welfare?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 9:11am On Jan 02, 2014
Vicjustice:
How many of these "British Citizens" are taking up illegal employments in an Africa country, or are resorting to public funds under an African social welfare?

@vicjustice... dough not most of them but as long as they have those who do take jobs illegally its a count,i met this girls in istanbul last two months ok 2 American and 1 Australian who where on an expired tourist visas but where teaching turks kids english in schools until the school can stand in to get them permits and the same happens in the southern american teritory and bros you and I know this guys sometimes deny visas out of their own will with no concrete reason.lets just face the truth as you know in my case its been 8 weeks now since my application for a tourist visa I dont see where for 8 weeks they cant complete my documnts verification and now I cant withdraw my application because the mail i got from them states "A decision has been made on your application and you will be contacted by vfs as soon as decision is ready" it is what it is my bros
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by seeprob(m): 3:02pm On Jan 02, 2014
House, i want to renew my 2yrs visa along with my wife(expired 6 months) and infant daughter. what year will i apply for my infant daughter (its her first passport without travel history) will my infant daughter go along with us for 2yrs or 6 months
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by APFM(m): 8:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
seeprob: House, i want to renew my 2yrs visa along with my wife(expired 6 months) and infant daughter. what year will i apply for my infant daughter (its her first passport without travel history) will my infant daughter go along with us for 2yrs or 6 months

You have to apply 6month.

I did that with my infant son but was advise at VFS to apply 6mnth.and we were all given.
Make sure you take along your family picture showing everyone of you,her birth certificate(Original),Evidence of Hospital bill payment during delivery.

Saying this based on my experience
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by seeprob(m): 8:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
APFM:

You have to apply 6month.

I did that with my infant son but was advise at VFS to apply 6mnth.and we were all given.
Make sure you take along your family picture showing everyone of you,her birth certificate(Original),Evidence of Hospital bill payment during delivery.

Saying this based on my experience

OK....Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 9:52am On Jan 03, 2014
seeprob: House, i want to renew my 2yrs visa along with my wife(expired 6 months) and infant daughter. what year will i apply for my infant daughter (its her first passport without travel history) will my infant daughter go along with us for 2yrs or 6 months
Infants are dependants, therefore they are entitled to the same privileges as their parent(s).
Since you already had a two years visa which you're now renewing, and your wife is applying for same (2 years) visa, then, your infant is entitled for same even if it will be its first application.
As it is less than likely that you and your wife are not going to travel without the baby, it is therefore not logical for you and your wife to apply for the 2 years visa while you apply for a 6 months visa for the baby: also, it is unreasonable to be downgraded (or demoted from the 2 years category to 6 months) for reason of your baby.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 10:42am On Jan 03, 2014
wow...jst tracked my application now and they said processed application delivered on ups..guys pray for me ooo pls...i ll let u guys know when i go to d vac...omg!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 1:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
Dramadiddy: wow...jst tracked my application now and they said processed application delivered on ups..guys pray for me ooo pls...i ll let u guys know when i go to d vac...omg!!!!
What sort of prayer that would change an already made decision?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 2:30pm On Jan 03, 2014
Vicjustice:
i mean pray its successful u didnt get me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:48pm On Jan 03, 2014
Dramadiddy: i mean pray its successful u didnt get me
I did understand you, and the question still is:
Or hasn't the visa officer made the decision yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
Vicjustice:
anythn is possible ooo wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 4:40am On Jan 04, 2014
Vicjustice:
anythn is possible wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Dramadiddy(m): 9:01am On Jan 04, 2014
pls guys who can give me directions to vfs ikeja if im goin from oshodi..pls anyone...thanks a bunch
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lahwummie: 9:39am On Jan 04, 2014
Hi guys....please I need ur advice urgently. I applied 4 visa n got d reply on 2nd, but was refused; reason cos of a past visit visa dat was refused claiming d bank called d sponsor( my ex husband) but denied it. So this present application I explained all n telling dem d bank neva called my husband. Now, ECo said I dint attach a documentary 2 dat claim. Please wat I want 2 know now is, should I go 4 a review or reapply? And watind of document am I 2 attach 2 my claim. My school resumes 20th jan
Please wats d best I can do. Tnx house
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lahwummie: 9:53am On Jan 04, 2014
@ justwise and house please help!!
Hi guys....please I need ur advice urgently. I applied 4 study visa n got d reply on 2nd, but was refused; reason cos of a past visit visa dat was refused claiming d bank called d sponsor( my ex husband) but denied it. So this present application I explained all n telling dem d bank neva called my husband. Now, ECo said I dint attach a documentary 2 dat claim. Please wat I want 2 know now is, should I go 4 a review or reapply? And wat kind of document am I 2 attach 2 my claim. My school resumes 20th jan
Urgent please!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 12:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
lahwummie: @ justwise and house please help!!
Hi guys....please I need ur advice urgently. I applied 4 study visa n got d reply on 2nd, but was refused; reason cos of a past visit visa dat was refused claiming d bank called d sponsor( my ex husband) but denied it. So this present application I explained all n telling dem d bank neva called my husband. Now, ECo said I dint attach a documentary 2 dat claim. Please wat I want 2 know now is, should I go 4 a review or reapply? And wat kind of document am I 2 attach 2 my claim. My school resumes 20th jan
Urgent please!
You did not state the type of visa that you applied for, and also, your explanations that you gave is not very comprehensive: it would have been better if you gave the exact words of the visa officer (as in the refusal notice).
By the way, did you say that you applied for a STUDEBT visa (for a school that will be resuming on JANUARY 20th) under the sponsorship of your EX HUSBAND?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by lahwummie: 2:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
@vicjustice: d story so far,applied 4 a visit visa 2012 n was refused(reason stating first bank contacted d sponsor but denied sponsoring). The sponsor as at den was my husband (now ex). So lik on d 18th I applied 4 study visa and was refused again ( reason stating in ur personal statement, u claimed d sponsor wasnt called and u failed 2 add a supporting documentary to that,therefore I refue you). My present study visa had no issue, I had 40 points and all was cool, just dat dey refered back 2 my previous refusal. Now do I review or reapply with the supportn documents they said I dint attach.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by DisGuy: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
it would help if you type your questions properly avoiding text type, and you use space/paragraphs if possible to get people to advice you appropriately
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 5:18pm On Jan 04, 2014
lahwummie: @vicjustice: d story so far,applied 4 a visit visa 2012 n was refused(reason stating first bank contacted d sponsor but denied sponsoring). The sponsor as at den was my husband (now ex). So lik on d 18th I applied 4 study visa and was refused again ( reason stating in ur personal statement, u claimed d sponsor wasnt called and u failed 2 add a supporting documentary to that,therefore I refue you). My present study visa had no issue, I had 40 points and all was cool, just dat dey refered back 2 my previous refusal. Now do I review or reapply with the supportn documents they said I dint attach.
Please, be considerate enough to write in standard English and with standard spellings.
Well, every application is supposed to be treated in its own merit especially if previous applications are transparent and straight forward, but if there is an issue with deception or any other infraction is involved, then theywoVisa Officers would always want to refuse your application for reason of previous mistakes.
In your case, there is the likelihood that you either used deception or that you were sneaking in your attempt to obtain a tourist visa by presenting a "sponsor" who is not willing to participate in your travel plans, so the onus is on you to prove that the circumstances sorounding your previous Tourist visa application was genuine otherwise, your reputation is affected in such a way that they can't trust you with a Student Visa as it already suggests to them that you are desperate to leave the country.
If really your ex husband wasn't called by the bank, then, perhaps you need to contact the bank to make this declaration in a statement letter and also to meet your ex husband to write an undertaking to that effect: until this is resolved, you may be facing a lengthy (continues) refusal by the embassy, more or less like being under the 10 years ban

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by mrflow1: 5:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
mr flow: Hello Guys, I need ur urgent advice and input on an issue:
I applied to go for vacation with my 1st daughter but we were refused. The reasons for refusal are given below verbatim;
U state dat u re going to d UK for a vacation.I note that d u av applied with a girl u purport to be ur daughter.u av submitted a birth cert and a letter u purport to be from d girls mother.d birth cert u submitted for the 10 year old girl was dated 3 days before ur visa application and 10 years after her birth. U av submitted no early fotos of urself with dis girl and ur wife.in d absence of any corroborating contemporaneous preef from d date of her birth,I am not satisfied dat dis cert shows that u re d father to the girl applicant that u av applied with. Furthermore u av not submitted adequate evidence so dat d signature on d consent letter that u av submitted from ur purpoted spouse can be verified(we used her drivers license as I'd as she didn't have intl passport den). It wld not be unreasonable of me to expect to see a copy of d passport biodata page so dat signatures can be verified. Given dis I am derefore not satisfied dat u are a genuine visitir to d uk and dat u will leave at d end of ur trip.....

After dis,I wrote for an adminsitrative review and attached d follwing docs;
1.About 40 family picyures dat shows our courtship from universit days to d birth of d child and her grwing up
2. Anoda consent letter from my wife with a sworn affidavit and her intl passport biodata page
3. A police report and court affidavit stating that d childs initial birt cert was misplaced a few days to d visa application and dat was why we went to national population sommision for anoda bcert.
4. Proof of my stable employment in d country and reasons why I will def come back to nigeria.etc

I sent the docs via DHL since sept 4th but av not heard anytin till date.pls what do u advise?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by zabrinma: 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
@vicjustice,justwise and the gurus....happy new year to all please its been almost 8 weeks now
Since my tourist visa submission but to date nothing heard from vfs or bhc after couple of mails
Sent,please my question is I had some issues with canadian embassy 2 years ago when I applied
as a nurse together with a doctor who had a genuine ngo from london but was refused and then
applied again with other passport with different surnames but both surnames are on my
Dads documents but my finger print where never taken at the canadian embassy but now with this
Recent uk application i also made a police report stating have travelled to on my old passport
Which was missing to countries have not been before like eastern europe, poland hungary slovenia
I know that was stupid action to have taken out of ignorants and trying to prove beyond demand due
to ECO most ways or irrelevant refusal reasons,please could this be the cost of delay as all documents
I gave are genuine nothing with fake,thanx, house I know have been naive and stupid with all this actions
and stupid risk I took just in the name of visa but since reading this threat everyday for hours i realise how
Deep shit have gotten my self into so please please advice and help needed cause am planning to withdraw
my application since Its been that long but need advice from here first as have seen how naive and stupid have
been due to lack of knowledge previously, this threat trust me is the best ever have come across in life.hope for
the best but expect the worse,but what ever fate brings cant be changed, please good advice and help only and
God Bless Nairaland and all the guys with the good work and helping people out of entering into tigers mouth
Ignorantly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
mr flow: mr flow: Hello Guys, I need ur urgent advice and input on an issue:
I applied to go for vacation with my 1st daughter but we were refused. The reasons for refusal are given below verbatim;
U state dat u re going to d UK for a vacation.I note that d u av applied with a girl u purport to be ur daughter.u av submitted a birth cert and a letter u purport to be from d girls mother.d birth cert u submitted for the 10 year old girl was dated 3 days before ur visa application and 10 years after her birth. U av submitted no early fotos of urself with dis girl and ur wife.in d absence of any corroborating contemporaneous preef from d date of her birth,I am not satisfied dat dis cert shows that u re d father to the girl applicant that u av applied with. Furthermore u av not submitted adequate evidence so dat d signature on d consent letter that u av submitted from ur purpoted spouse can be verified(we used her drivers license as I'd as she didn't have intl passport den). It wld not be unreasonable of me to expect to see a copy of d passport biodata page so dat signatures can be verified. Given dis I am derefore not satisfied dat u are a genuine visitir to d uk and dat u will leave at d end of ur trip.....

After dis,I wrote for an adminsitrative review and attached d follwing docs;
1.About 40 family picyures dat shows our courtship from universit days to d birth of d child and her grwing up
2. Anoda consent letter from my wife with a sworn affidavit and her intl passport biodata page
3. A police report and court affidavit stating that d childs initial birt cert was misplaced a few days to d visa application and dat was why we went to national population sommision for anoda bcert.
4. Proof of my stable employment in d country and reasons why I will def come back to nigeria.etc

I sent the docs via DHL since sept 4th but av not heard anytin till date.pls what do u advise?
You're on course
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 by Vicjustice: 6:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
zabrinma: @vicjustice,justwise and the gurus....happy new year to all please its been almost 8 weeks now
Since my tourist visa submission but to date nothing heard from vfs or bhc after couple of mails
Sent,please my question is I had some issues with canadian embassy 2 years ago when I applied
as a nurse together with a doctor who had a genuine ngo from london but was refused and then
applied again with other passport with different surnames but both surnames are on my
Dads documents but my finger print where never taken at the canadian embassy but now with this
Recent uk application i also made a police report stating have travelled to on my old passport
Which was missing to countries have not been before like eastern europe, poland hungary slovenia
I know that was stupid action to have taken out of ignorants and trying to prove beyond demand due
to ECO most ways or irrelevant refusal reasons,please could this be the cost of delay as all documents
I gave are genuine nothing with fake,thanx, house I know have been naive and stupid with all this actions
and stupid risk I took just in the name of visa but since reading this threat everyday for hours i realise how
Deep shit have gotten my self into so please please advice and help needed cause am planning to withdraw
my application since Its been that long but need advice from here first as have seen how naive and stupid have
been due to lack of knowledge previously, this threat trust me is the best ever have come across in life.hope for
the best but expect the worse,but what ever fate brings cant be changed, please good advice and help only and
God Bless Nairaland and all the guys with the good work and helping people out of entering into tigers mouth
Ignorantly.
The delay is (most likely) because they are doing background check with the countries that you claimed to have visited: Naive indeed, you should have known that both the UK and the countries that you lied with are all in the EU.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (426)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.