Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,470 members, 7,920,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 12:36 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (214704 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 4:33pm On Jul 03, 2012
xoxolol: Hello people,

I have been following this thread more or less daily. I went to Part 1, updated and extracted successful interviews and picked up lessons from the unsuccessful ones.

My F1 VISA was approved last week at the Lagos Consular General. It will be most selfish of me not to narrate my ordeal, in hope it will be resourceful to someones else.

Me: Hi, good afternoon
VO: Can I have your passport (as arranged from the gate by officers there @ Lagos Consular.
VO: Which school are going to?
Me: Xyz university
VO: Which other schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 3 other namely, clarkson uni, unm, ncat
VO: Which university did you attend?
Me: I attended OAU and studied …………..
VO: When did you graduate?
Me: 2008
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: I worked in xyz company during my youth service in Ilorin as floor maintenance engineer for a yr in …... Then 1 1/2 yrs with so and so. And just joined company abc(started wearing ID card)
VO: So what do they do?
Me: They are into design, installation and sales of air conditioners
VO: What’s your role there?
Me: I design and sell.
VO: How much do you earn?
Me: 80k plus x% upon successful sale
VO: So how much does that come to annually?
Me: 'Bout 1.8m-2m
Me: Ok
VO: So if you are to design HVAC system for...let's say Intercontinental building...do you know the building?
Me: Nope (I forgot, I know the owners self personally-No tension *wink*)
VO: Ok, so what do you look out for in designing an HVAC system for such a structure?
Me: I will get the plan from the architect (stammered) and then calculate the cooling load...(and I was going on, he halted me)
VO: Why did u choose xyz uni?
Me: I chose it because the fee is affordable, and they also offered me part scholarship. In addition, their research interest in xyz attracted me. My final year thesis matches has since been submitted for publishing in *** science journal, 2008. My final thesis (showing him) was on the..... I successfully, modified the system and thereby got an efficiency of 87%.
VO: What are you going to study?
Me: MS xxxx engineering
VO: You had full scholarship from xyz
Me: Yea, but it’s not full (so I showed him the remark section)
VO: Oh...so your uncle will be paying $17k balance..(I kept correcting him)
Me: Yes.
VO: So are you going into partnership with him after graduation (never thought this that way, he gave me clue-na God)
Me: Na so I knack am-o yes
Here is his acct statement. Fortunately, his company name is uncle’s name & Partners. So I used it to buffer and showed him, that we are partnering. After all he is into building projects for so and so state government.
VO: Hmmm (shaking his head)
He said, pick your visa at ... (I was blank)...I rushed away with slip and doc.

Hurray! Thank God!! smiley

Wishing you guys the very best...go for it.

Personal Observation:
Dressing: Though I have 2nice pairs of suit and 1 lovely jacket. I opted for chinoes and shirt, with a black footwear. A lot of people who got similar visas in my presence were not in suit. You need o see lads with short with red chinoes...(got it ofcourse). So maybe you can let go if it.
Distraction: I met an Ungrad school mate, the guy was just gisting and became such a nuisance. I kept mute...guy, am here on a mission free me (kept saying that within). responded in few words. He changed seats and came to meet me 'cos I kept relocating. This is not the place to familiarize. Then he started, I see you are scared...Me? no, am not. Beware of this (ototo larin wa - yoruba).
VO: He didn't request for my GRE and TOEFL. Though I wrote GRE twice and TOEFL once.
VISA Issuance: In my opinion, no person can really boast he got this on his/her merit. They seem to only give, after the conviction, you have genuine intention(s)/bonafide, academically sound and "convince" the VO enough the opportunity will better you.

My 2 pence...Cheers!!!

Congrats!!! Wish you the very best of your soujourn here in the US. You said you read Engineering and finished 2008 right? I have quite a number of friends that finished that year particularly for Elect and Chemical because we had many in ETF during their part I and II days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 4:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
Allohrandy: OK O.my school is about 30mins drive from your school so i guess we will be seeing each oda regularly in California. i will mail you my name so that you can add me on facebook. i will also be in ikeja on friday for visa pick up so i will also mail u my phone number so that we can meet on friday.CONGRATULATION
Yeah, sure guy,.,our schools ain't far from eachother so we'll be seeing, we'll also see on friday, will check ma mail for ur number, the network's kinda bad here...can't wait to leave dis lag sef and go to ib....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
Congrats guys, I can see a lot of northern Californians in the house. Yesterday was generally good for F1, successgrace also got his yesterday but will come and share his story soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
walex57: 2:05pm On Jun 16:

Congrats guy wink...which consulate were u interviewed?
@gboyegaD, Leadzeal and Imperiouxx.....i wrote only TOEFL and scored 103 but didn't write GRE because the school didn't require it from me....i dunno if that will be a factor...also on my i-20 form it wasn't specified who my sponsor was and so i wanna switch to my mum as my sponsor...i used my uncle's account when applying to the school...or do i used both accounts cos on my ds-160 form i chose my mum as who will pay for my trip....i also wanna know if this won't pose any problem....thanks guys for your supports.

Wale, can you remember my reply to your question above on that day? I said tell VO it's gonna be your mum inasmuch you only have family written on your I-20 but not the name of your uncle you used to get the admission. This is because your info isn't communicated by your school to the embassy and I'm happy you said your mum in your interview and confirmed my claim and got your VVVV approved without any hassle on that. Cheers friend! wink

imperiouxx: 1:32am On Jun 19:

Schools don't supply DHS information than your biodata such names, sevis number, DOB, country etc not your sponsors. I know those who changed their sponsors after seeing family written on their I-20 and got no problem with the embassy. Well, he can go with both but he should keep the mother's account as primary account where funding for studies is gonna come.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2012
I greet the house o, i have been following a lot of your post, they are indeed very useful, I will be having my interview in July, but i graduated in 2010, my school has not given us result because they were having an issue with our mother campus, I need my transcript for the interview, but i have not gotten it, the school where i graduate form here in Nigeria say i must wait for my transcript before the i can collect the transcript,Right Now i only have TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, please House what will you advise me to do, i need your support. I would have change the date to late July to Lagos from abuja, but heard that Lagos do not issue visa to student,Please how true is this statement, please i need confirmation from the house, God bless you all

what surprise me most is this trend,
Why are you going to us? and the person started explain, i would have made such mistake, thanks house for you correction, So hat as i am going i will not make such mistake
WHY AND NOT NIGERIA? ? and what would i have said if am in-his shoe, thanks house but please i need your advice on what to

Please i need your advice, i already have my Document ready, please advice me, is there any chance of me passing without the transcript?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2012
emmanuelkim: I greet the house o, i have been following a lot of your post, they are indeed very useful, I will be having my interview in July, but i graduated in 2010, my school has not given us result because they were having an issue with our mother campus, I need my transcript for the interview, but i have not gotten it, the school where i graduate form here in Nigeria say i must wait for my transcript before the i can collect the transcript,Right Now i only have TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, please House what will you advise me to do, i need your support. I would have change the date to late July to Lagos from abuja, but heard that Lagos do not issue visa to student,Please how true is this statement, please i need confirmation from the house, God bless you all

Why are you going to us? and the person started explain, i would have made such mistake, thanks house for you correction, So hat as i am going i will not make such mistake
WHY AND NOT NIGERIA? ? and what would i have said if am in-his shoe, thanks house but please i need your advice on what to

Please i need your advice, i already have my Document ready, please advice me, is there any chance of me passing without the transcript?

You can ask your department for statement of result and that should suffice. Make sure it is on a letterhead. Another option is to ask for a photocopy of your transcript and that will be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:34pm On Jul 03, 2012
emmanuelkim: I greet the house o, i have been following a lot of your post, they are indeed very useful, I will be having my interview in July, but i graduated in 2010, my school has not given us result because they were having an issue with our mother campus, I need my transcript for the interview, but i have not gotten it, the school where i graduate form here in Nigeria say i must wait for my transcript before the i can collect the transcript,Right Now i only have TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, please House what will you advise me to do, i need your support. I would have change the date to late July to Lagos from abuja, but heard that Lagos do not issue visa to student,Please how true is this statement, please i need confirmation from the house, God bless you all

Though your transcript would have been better but since you got the admission with ''to whom'' and your school don't issue transcript for now, I will ask you to ask your school in Nigeria for a back up letter saying their haven't issue you guys any transcript. Take that along to the interview and wish God is on your side. Success!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
Walex I am too happy for you o. All glory be to God..Just remember Him when you get there o.May God guide you. Other folks in da house...imperioux, rowland, deevick and other notable people...I hail una o. We hope o receive such mercy and favour during our own interview too o.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
dr_dolittle: Walex I am too happy for you o. All glory be to God..Just remember Him when you get there o.May God guide you. Other folks in da house...imperioux, rowland, deevick and other notable people...I hail una o. We hope o receive such mercy and favour during our own interview too o.

Yea, I'm in the lab as we speak doing my master's research in US. Thanks for your concern, you and others still waiting will get theirs too IJN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
my people please what page can i get the sample letter for applying for emergency appointment..or just paste me the format asap..am countin on the house please..thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
imperiouxx:

Yea, I'm in the lab as we speak doing my master's research in US. Thanks for your concern, you and others still waiting will get theirs too IJN.

Amen oooo Pastor Imperiouxx. I know you are in the US already....was just trying to pay homage to whom homage is due..Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2012
dr_dolittle:

Amen oooo Pastor Imperiouxx. I know you are in the US already....was just trying to pay homage to whom homage is due..Thanks a lot.

yes ooo, abeg drdolittle and oga imperriouxx please help answer my question..what is the format format emergency date application
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 7:12pm On Jul 03, 2012

Hello Bro, I just want to debunk the lie that student VISA are not issue in Lagos embassy. successgrace collected in Lagos yesterday, walex collected in Lagos yesterday, allord collected in Lagos yesterday.

Pray for God's favour.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 7:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
sha_money:

yes ooo, abeg drdolittle and oga imperriouxx please help answer my question..what is the format format emergency date application

Oga ke?! As at when last I applied for emergency, the tab for it was inside my homepage on http://portal.ustraveldocs.com/?country=Nigeria All I did was clicked on it and was asked why I'm applying for an emergency date and why I was denied. Then a space to attach any document of which I attached by admission starting when I'm expected to resume. That's all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 7:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
imperiouxx:

Oga ke?! As at when last I applied for emergency, the tab for it was inside my homepage on http://portal.ustraveldocs.com/?country=Nigeria All I did was clicked on it and was asked why I'm applying for an emergency date and why I was denied. Then a space to attach any document of which I attached by admission starting when I'm expected to resume. That's all.

Thank you sir,i just did dat..God bless oga. I ll come back to tell my success story..Amen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Allohrandy(m): 7:36pm On Jul 03, 2012
sha_money: my people please what page can i get the sample letter for applying for emergency appointment..or just paste me the format asap..am countin on the house please..thank you.
This was how i sent my emergency request that was later accepted -" my name is **** and i applied for student F1 visa. The earliest available date i got was ****. However, my school resumption date is ****. I will want you to grant me an emergency visa appointment so that i can get my book my visa appointment before my school resumption date."- Please also upload ur i20 form as evidence
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 7:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
dr_dolittle:

Not a pastor but I believe in your faith heals you. I believe you guys will come and give success stories once unlike me who did it twice....lolz.

sha_money:

Thank you sir,i just did dat..God bless oga. I ll come back to tell my success story..Amen

C'mon stop all these. I'm here to help as much I can and see you guys at this other side of the world.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ok....the advice given to sha_money is ok.I was busy browsing on his behalf when our light suddenly went off.A good thing the answer came in sha.All the best shaa_money.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2012
[quote author=imperiouxx]

Not a pastor but I believe in your faith heals you. I believe you guys will come and give success stories once unlike me who did it twice....lolz.

Lozz...was just kidding. I am trusting God oo.Thanks anyways.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2012
dr_dolittle:
Lozz...was just kidding. I am trusting God oo.Thanks anyways.

Good for you friend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
imperiouxx:

Wale, can you remember my reply to your question above on that day? I said tell VO it's gonna be your mum inasmuch you only have family written on your I-20 but not the name of your uncle you used to get the admission. This is because your info isn't communicated by your school to the embassy and I'm happy you said your mum in your interview and confirmed my claim and got your VVVV approved without any hassle on that. Cheers friend! wink

yeah imperiouxx boss...i followed ur advice nd it paid off...i owe u some appreciation...we go see for US nah...maybe xmas or somefin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 8:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
walex57:
yeah imperiouxx boss...i followed ur advice nd it paid off...i owe u some appreciation...we go see for US nah...maybe xmas or somefin

lolzz. I'm all for you guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 9:30pm On Jul 03, 2012
xoxolol: Hello people,

I have been following this thread more or less daily. I went to Part 1, updated and extracted successful interviews and picked up lessons from the unsuccessful ones.

My F1 VISA was approved last week at the Lagos Consular General. It will be most selfish of me not to narrate my ordeal, in hope it will be resourceful to someones else.

Me: Hi, good afternoon
VO: Can I have your passport (as arranged from the gate by officers there @ Lagos Consular.
VO: Which school are going to?
Me: Xyz university
VO: Which other schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 3 other namely, clarkson uni, unm, ncat
VO: Which university did you attend?
Me: I attended OAU and studied …………..
VO: When did you graduate?
Me: 2008
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: I worked in xyz company during my youth service in Ilorin as floor maintenance engineer for a yr in …... Then 1 1/2 yrs with so and so. And just joined company abc(started wearing ID card)
VO: So what do they do?
Me: They are into design, installation and sales of air conditioners
VO: What’s your role there?
Me: I design and sell.
VO: How much do you earn?
Me: 80k plus x% upon successful sale
VO: So how much does that come to annually?
Me: 'Bout 1.8m-2m
Me: Ok
VO: So if you are to design HVAC system for...let's say Intercontinental building...do you know the building?
Me: Nope (I forgot, I know the owners self personally-No tension *wink*)
VO: Ok, so what do you look out for in designing an HVAC system for such a structure?
Me: I will get the plan from the architect (stammered) and then calculate the cooling load...(and I was going on, he halted me)
VO: Why did u choose xyz uni?
Me: I chose it because the fee is affordable, and they also offered me part scholarship. In addition, their research interest in xyz attracted me. My final year thesis matches has since been submitted for publishing in *** science journal, 2008. My final thesis (showing him) was on the..... I successfully, modified the system and thereby got an efficiency of 87%.
VO: What are you going to study?
Me: MS xxxx engineering
VO: You had full scholarship from xyz
Me: Yea, but it’s not full (so I showed him the remark section)
VO: Oh...so your uncle will be paying $17k balance..(I kept correcting him)
Me: Yes.
VO: So are you going into partnership with him after graduation (never thought this that way, he gave me clue-na God)
Me: Na so I knack am-o yes
Here is his acct statement. Fortunately, his company name is uncle’s name & Partners. So I used it to buffer and showed him, that we are partnering. After all he is into building projects for so and so state government.
VO: Hmmm (shaking his head)
He said, pick your visa at ... (I was blank)...I rushed away with slip and doc.

Hurray! Thank God!! smiley

Wishing you guys the very best...go for it.

Personal Observation:
Dressing: Though I have 2nice pairs of suit and 1 lovely jacket. I opted for chinoes and shirt, with a black footwear. A lot of people who got similar visas in my presence were not in suit. You need o see lads with short with red chinoes...(got it ofcourse). So maybe you can let go if it.
Distraction: I met an Ungrad school mate, the guy was just gisting and became such a nuisance. I kept mute...guy, am here on a mission free me (kept saying that within). responded in few words. He changed seats and came to meet me 'cos I kept relocating. This is not the place to familiarize. Then he started, I see you are scared...Me? no, am not. Beware of this (ototo larin wa - yoruba).
VO: He didn't request for my GRE and TOEFL. Though I wrote GRE twice and TOEFL once.
VISA Issuance: In my opinion, no person can really boast he got this on his/her merit. They seem to only give, after the conviction, you have genuine intention(s)/bonafide, academically sound and "convince" the VO enough the opportunity will better you.

My 2 pence...Cheers!!!

Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ikfranon: 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2012
Hello Room.. Pls i need to know how much i should have in my account before i can apply for a visiting Visa to Florida.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Ollydon(m): 12:41am On Jul 04, 2012
Why haven't I been hearing about undergraduate applicants granted visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 1:19am On Jul 04, 2012
Ollydon: Why haven't I been hearing about undergraduate applicants granted visa

Because this is the kind of talk we don't like here. They get it too but not as much as masters and PhD.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 7:27am On Jul 04, 2012
jimtosam:

Hello Bro, I just want to debunk the lie that student VISA are not issue in Lagos embassy. successgrace collected in Lagos yesterday, walex collected in Lagos yesterday, allord collected in Lagos yesterday.

Pray for God's favour.

Thanks, It was my friend that told me, please i do not want to make any mistake, please should i reschedule the Interview to Lagos state
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 7:31am On Jul 04, 2012
The school i graduated from are refusing to give me my raw scores, they do not want to issue a letter, thy(school) are insisting that i must wait for the result to come out first before the issuance of the raw score for me to do the transcript, please am casing cold right now, please i do need you advice,

please i need the form of writing a reference letter, My dad told me to give him the format, please i need the format and where to address it to, please

Congrat to those who pass their interview, mine is next week, u guys should wish me luck, but mine is Abuja
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by drdolittle1: 7:53am On Jul 04, 2012
emmanuelkim:

Thanks, It was my friend that told me, please i do not want to make any mistake, please should i reschedule the Interview to Lagos state
What result did you present to the school in order to get admitted? Did you use WES? If so,why dont you just take it to d embassy..They might not even ask for it...and if they do,you will say it was delayed due to some logistics in your insitution...and besides,most schools dont give original transcripts...just present your WES if you have it..If your interview for Abuja is next week,then you dont have to worry about rescheduling to Lagos.By God's grace you are good to go.just make sure other document are intact...and have a good reason for choosing the US and your school and explain how your career can thrive well in Nigeria.Chikena.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 8:54am On Jul 04, 2012
dr_dolittle: Walex I am too happy for you o. All glory be to God..Just remember Him when you get there o.May God guide you. Other folks in da house...imperioux, rowland, deevick and other notable people...I hail una o. We hope o receive such mercy and favour during our own interview too o.

Amen.God is in control , he never forsake those who trust in him . Aw ur side

Have u sheduled appt yet.

@house

Can I change my consulate office to lagos as I am seen no good date for me in abuja and my emergency approval expires july 31st .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 9:03am On Jul 04, 2012
emmanuelkim:

Bro, Since you have scheduled Abuja, no need of changing. About your transcript, do you have statement of result?If you do go with that.Like what Dr. Dollitle said, Go with all certificate/documents you submitted to get the admission.

Better you prepare for all situations, but they might not even ask for transcript before granting you VISA. Pray for God's favour.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (101)

On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.