Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,899 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (213996 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2012
imperiouxx: Yea, saw it in my mail box now. Thanks

Did you reply me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 8:10am On Jul 05, 2012
^^^ Yea, I did.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 8:19am On Jul 05, 2012
@ imperiouxx and phy thank you so much for the reply. God bless you. Thank u house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 12:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
For those who want a format on letter of introduction just send me an email on walex57@yahoo.com...letter of introduction and sponsorship is the same....your sponsor should indicate that He/she or they or them or whatever will be sponsoring you throughout your studies in the USA and all arrangements have been made...but the koko na your bank statement and letter from the bank itself addressed to the consulate....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 1:22pm On Jul 05, 2012
kcluv2men:

Did you reply me?

Mr imperetus, please i need your number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by AnikaShiloh: 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hi again.

My visas interview is on the 10th.

My issue is my current passport expires on Feb 2013(about 7 mths from now). I've gone for a renewal but it seems it won't be ready before my interview date. (couldn't get it earlier as was told the expiry date was still far). I was told I could still go for the interview with my current passport.

What do you think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ekundayomi: 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2012
@impe

i need you to help me with anything on TOefl..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2012
Anika Shiloh: Hi again.

My visas interview is on the 10th.

My issue is my current passport expires on Feb 2013(about 7 mths from now). I've gone for a renewal but it seems it won't be ready before my interview date. (couldn't get it earlier as was told the expiry date was still far). I was told I could still go for the interview with my current passport.

What do you think?

I think you should go to the interview with your passport like that. The info on US embassy says that your passport should have 'at least six months' period prior to its expiration inorder to use it for visa application. So, please don't disturb your head, just concentrate on your visa interview.
Even if you were to get a new passport, that will introduce a BIG change on your application and documents, because you got your university admission, fill ds 160 and scheduled appointment with this same passport.
So, in order not to create unnecessary tension and stress for yourself focus on your interview and go bring the green ticket here for us all to celebrate with you. Case closed!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by yomifola(m): 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2012
Hey house,am goin 2 pay my sevis fee 2maro.can any1 tell me hw d goin go b?? Wat n wat am i goin 2 uncounter on d way and also can i wear sliperz 2 d plx??.

Hw much can i tak alng??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 7:15pm On Jul 05, 2012
My people abeg how long does it take to get emergency date..dis is d 3rd day ooo and notin yet. Abeg wat should I do now..time is nt on my side nw.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 8:00pm On Jul 05, 2012
@ Yomi Fola,

we hav[quote author=yomi fola]Hey house,am goin 2 pay my sevis fee 2maro.can any1 tell me hw d goin go b?? Wat n wat am i goin 2 uncounter on d way and also can i wear sliperz 2 d plx??.

We have discussed this several times but let me still reiterate. I want to break it down into steps:
1. Photocopy you passport and I-20 form.
2. Go to mile2 and enter a cab going to SEME border. The T.fare now is 1k.Just ask anyone where Cab going to SEME border are.
3. When you get to the border, take a bike and inform the Okada man that you are going to ECO bank.There is one ECOBANK before you cross the border, that's Nigeria's ECOBANK.There is another ECOBANK when you cross, that's your destination.
4. The Immigration guys will stop you for sure.They will ask for your passport and ask if you have foreign currency.Pls, don't give your money to okada man.Some may request this from you that they will help you to cross with it so that you won't tip those guys.Pls, don't be penny wise.
5. They have about 5 points you are going to cross. If you tip for just 1k at the first point, tell the Immigration guys b4 you pay that they will give you some1 to take you along the other 4points.If you didn't request for this, you will tip at 5points.Talk with boldness.Max you can tip 2k.Those guys are thieves.They can just hijack your phone to hold you to ransom and request for 5k tip.Be smart with them.
6. Now when you get to ECOBANK, just tell the cashier you want to pay for SEVIS fee.They understand this wella.
7. The Cashier will write you 200dollars equivalence in CFA/235 dollars equivalence in CFA if you are paying for courier delivery. The last time I went 200dollars = 119,000CFA = 38k naira.You know currency fluctuates.
8.The cashier will direct you to the security guys. They will accompany you to a reliable Exchanger.Don't give bank security guys anything cos those exchanger appreciate them.
9. You get back to the bank, a girl will help you fill the Western Union form. The Cashier will request for your I-20 form so that they wont make mistake and request for photocopy of your passport so that they wont make mistake in your name.
10.When you are through, ask the security guy to point a reliable Okada man to you among those that queue in front of the bank. The Okada man will hold you fone and any other valuables with you so that you wont give any tip while coming back.
11. When you cross the border, enter cab for 800/1k back to Mile 2.

Safe bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by yomifola(m): 10:37pm On Jul 05, 2012
[quote author=jimtosam]@ Yomi Fola,

we hav[/quo

thx 4 d info brooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by yomifola(m): 1:00am On Jul 06, 2012
@waryz,how ur sevis receipt is ready...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 1:02am On Jul 06, 2012
Imagine you travelled all the way to cotonou to pay you sevis fee,and when you got to the bank,they tell you that the western union server is down and very bad,and that you have to come back the next day.Lol(dats the 1st question).
No.2:imagine wen you got to the bank you met a girl that looks old(atleast 25 years)and you two got engaged in a conversation,and she tells you that she applied to a high school,so she came to pay the sevis fee(lol,lmao,lwkmd).we wey apply to undergradute uni sef never get visa,with our baby face,she wey kon old kon go apply for high skool,God help us all sha.
I am not saying the 1st question happened to me oo,but the second "NOTE" is 4REAL.please what are her chances of gettin her visa.grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 3:56am On Jul 06, 2012
imperiouxx:

Could you believe that there is no form (payment service) that has the same or complete info as that on that link with any western union agent in US? Also these people don't usual have such payment request. I went with that sample on that day only to be disappointed, then we turn to filling it on the computer directly with calls to senior agent somewhere else. Sevp needs to update that sample on that site.

It's funny, I shared this with someone here and he used it to pay. Some of these agents are not familiar with SEVIS transactions and even banks. The good thing is that they had the courage to call at least to help u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 5:50am On Jul 06, 2012
phy:

It's funny, I shared this with someone here and he used it to pay. Some of these agents are not familiar with SEVIS transactions and even banks. The good thing is that they had the courage to call at least to help u.

Very hectic on that day, took me almost 40 mins to get it solved.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 6:32am On Jul 06, 2012
@ Yomi Fola

Since time is not on your side, don't risk giving money to anyone or any agent now, go pay yourself as you have planned.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 6:36am On Jul 06, 2012
sha_money: My people abeg how long does it take to get emergency date..dis is d 3rd day ooo and notin yet. Abeg wat should I do now..time is nt on my side nw.

Sound strange , I was approved few hours of request and I just book 21st this Morning . try and upload ur I-20 and tell them how urgent and crucial it is for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 6:48am On Jul 06, 2012
WARYZ: Imagine you travelled all the way to cotonou to pay you sevis fee,and when you got to the bank,they tell you that the western union server is down and very bad,and that you have to come back the next day.Lol(dats the 1st question).
No.2:imagine wen you got to the bank you met a girl that looks old(atleast 25 years)and you two got engaged in a conversation,and she tells you that she applied to a high school,so she came to pay the sevis fee(lol,lmao,lwkmd).we wey apply to undergradute uni sef never get visa,with our baby face,she wey kon old kon go apply for high skool,God help us all sha.
I am not saying the 1st question happened to me oo,but the second "NOTE" is 4REAL.please what are her chances of gettin her visa.grin

The lady is far better than someone that does not try. US embassy pull surprises. Check past pages (the closed thread), you will see a 37/38year old granted VISA for undergraduate. Many Gurus on Nairaland discouraged him but the man pursued his dream and God favoured him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 6:58am On Jul 06, 2012
@house

Am marvelled with this saturday interview , does it work out?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 7:52am On Jul 06, 2012
@house pls i nid ur help, d ansa 2 ds ? Is kind of obvious bt i wnt 2 here it frm u guys. I bookd an appointmnt yestaday nd i given 22nd of aug wich nt gud at all cs my sch resumes on d 27th dt same mnth. I'm yet 2 receive my i-20 nd i hvnt paid my sevis fee as wel. Is it posibu to request 4 an expedietd date. Nid ur advice pls!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 7:59am On Jul 06, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @house pls i nid ur help, d ansa 2 ds ? Is kind of obvious bt i wnt 2 here it frm u guys. I bookd an appointmnt yestaday nd i given 22nd of aug wich nt gud at all cs my sch resumes on d 27th dt same mnth. I'm yet 2 receive my i-20 nd i hvnt paid my sevis fee as wel. Is it posibu to request 4 an expedietd date. Nid ur advice pls!

I think you will need to upload ur I-20 to the emergency form , sevis fee is not a criteria .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 8:05am On Jul 06, 2012
obusco4lyfe: @house pls i nid ur help, d ansa 2 ds ? Is kind of obvious bt i wnt 2 here it frm u guys. I bookd an appointmnt yestaday nd i given 22nd of aug wich nt gud at all cs my sch resumes on d 27th dt same mnth. I'm yet 2 receive my i-20 nd i hvnt paid my sevis fee as wel. Is it posibu to request 4 an expedietd date. Nid ur advice pls!

Try Expedited appointment. But if it's not working out, there is nothing bad about your appointment date.The implication of this is that you must be fully ready financially. Get your VISA approve 22nd, collect 25th, take off 25th night, Arrive US 26th, Resume 27th. Just Checked Calender now, 25th is Saturday. If VFS are not working on saturday, you might even be lucky to get on Friday, 24th or you get it latest Monday 27th. Write your school that you will arrive 28th, a letter will be sent to you so that you won't get issue at the POE. You take direct flight 27th, you will land in US 28th morning.Then, you can get to school before evening or 29th morning.Remember that first week is still orientation week so your school will surely approve your 29th request.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 8:22am On Jul 06, 2012
profGinger: I wiII be heading to usa embassy by next week abuja.I am going for masters in pubIicy poIicy anaIysis.I didn't sit for any standardise text since it wasn't a criteria for admission.my schooI sent my a covering Ietter buttressing that it wasn't a criteria for admission.in My undergraduate degree I studiedied internationationaI studies and dipIomacy.with 4.1 gpa am 26yrs oId graduate 2008 and after services I got a job with the GovernmenT and am working with them tiII date.I want to know if there is any red fIag in my do.I need advice from the house.

profGinger where you at
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 06, 2012
BRO I JUST NEED TO ASK THEM ABOUT THE SCHOOL BEFORE I MAKE MY TUITION FEE AND ASK THEM HOW THE PLACE IS THAT'S ALL
dr_dolittle: Bro...why do you need somebody there? It doesnt increase your chances of being admitted in any way..Many of us did not have people in the schools that admitted us.What exactly do you need? We are here to help each other as long as it doesnt go beyond us.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Paywole: 8:37am On Jul 06, 2012
Pls house i heard from one source that the embassy don't accept the local government birth certificate.which other one can I go get for the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 8:54am On Jul 06, 2012
Paywole: Pls house i heard from one source that the embassy don't accept the local government birth certificate.which other one can I go get for the embassy

I am seriously sick and tired of the kind of questions the new set of breeds here do ask. What concern the embassy with birth certificate for F1 visa? Even at worst if they need one your international passport can serve for that purpose (DOB). Infact, where did you hear it that the embassy don't honour/accept the local government birth certificate?

I have never heard on this thread since inception where birth certificate was requested from F1 visa applicant.

My advice to the freshers here is that you should endeavour to romance this thread well, start from the part1, for if you painfully do, you will gather enough information to start a F1 Visa consultancy agent. This thread is loaded.

To those of us scheduled for this july & August interview appointment (fall session 2012) it shall be success stories IJN. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2012
rowlandoo:

I think you will need to upload ur I-20 to the emergency form , sevis fee is not a criteria .
thanks! For advice, immediately i get d i-20 i wil do jst dt...thx again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 8:59am On Jul 06, 2012
jimtosam:

Try Expedited appointment. But if it's not working out, there is nothing bad about your appointment date.The implication of this is that you must be fully ready financially. Get your VISA approve 22nd, collect 25th, take off 25th night, Arrive US 26th, Resume 27th. Just Checked Calender now, 25th is Saturday. If VFS are not working on saturday, you might even be lucky to get on Friday, 24th or you get it latest Monday 27th. Write your school that you will arrive 28th, a letter will be sent to you so that you won't get issue at the POE. You take direct flight 27th, you will land in US 28th morning.Then, you can get to school before evening or 29th morning.Remember that first week is still orientation week so your school will surely approve your 29th request.
it says on d sch site dt evry student has to hv completd there medical test 10days b4 d first day of class nd d first day of class is 27th of aug wich makes 10days earlier to b 17th of aug meanin i hv 2 b there b4 dt date

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.