Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,120 members, 7,890,724 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:02 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (213986 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 5:25am On Jul 07, 2012
yomi fola: Helo house, i jst paid my sevis fee 2day and it was so so grt.thx 4 d advc house.
D joni goes thus:
left arnd 8am,dressd like a thug i.e putin on shrt trouser n a slipperz wit jst a polo rnd neck nd walkin as if am an 'AGBERO' or an 'ALABARU'(GOD 4BID).on getin 2 d boda....,dey didnt even c me at-all,am lik a ghost 2dem.well shaaa 2 cut it shrt,i paid 121,000 cefa 2 d guy at d counter and on my way cumin bck,i did d same.Glory be 2 GOD,itz nt by my power nor might..... Itz by His Grace.My interview is nxt wk,by GOD's Grace, We will all Shine 2geda.thx 2u all in d house and so all so KAZEEM(thx alot) luv u all...:*
Thumbs up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 7:58am On Jul 07, 2012
yomi fola: Helo house, i jst paid my sevis fee 2day and it was so so grt.thx 4 d advc house.
D joni goes thus:
left arnd 8am,dressd like a thug i.e putin on shrt trouser n a slipperz wit jst a polo rnd neck nd walkin as if am an 'AGBERO' or an 'ALABARU'(GOD 4BID).on getin 2 d boda....,dey didnt even c me at-all,am lik a ghost 2dem.well shaaa 2 cut it shrt,i paid 121,000 cefa 2 d guy at d counter and on my way cumin bck,i did d same.Glory be 2 GOD,itz nt by my power nor might..... Itz by His Grace.My interview is nxt wk,by GOD's Grace, We will all Shine 2geda.thx 2u all in d house and so all so KAZEEM(thx alot) luv u all...:*

You paid the asylum fee to the guys at d counter for ur sevis . I paid 120k and someone else paid lesser .but u ve paid d highest rate grin
D joni goes thus:

You paid the asylum fee to the guys at d counter for ur sevis . I paid 120k and someone else paid lesser .but u ve paid d highest rate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 8:31am On Jul 07, 2012
rowlandoo:

You paid the asylum fee to the guys at d counter for ur sevis . I paid 120k and someone else paid lesser .but u ve paid d highest rate grin

You paid the asylum fee to the guys at d counter for ur sevis . I paid 120k and someone else paid lesser .but u ve paid d highest rate
u guys are really funny or let me say....gettin me scared cs i'm yet to pay my own sevis fee. I hv a frnd who is based in togo, she entered naija d day b4 yesterday. She also tld me d current exchange rate is 3.1. Illustratn:$200x165=33000naira which is in naija currency. To change 2 CFA i.e cotonou currency u den do 3.1x33000=102000. She even tld me to remove d '.1' nd multiply only 3x33000=99000, dt dt is d actual amount. My ques is, is d cashiers at d bank are thieves as well?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by yomifola(m): 8:56am On Jul 07, 2012
obusco4lyfe: u guys are really funny or let me say....gettin me scared cs i'm yet to pay my own sevis fee. I hv a frnd who is based in togo, she entered naija d day b4 yesterday. She also tld me d current exchange rate is 3.1. Illustratn:$200x165=33000naira which is in naija currency. To change 2 CFA i.e cotonou currency u den do 3.1x33000=102000. She even tld me to remove d '.1' nd multiply only 3x33000=99000, dt dt is d actual amount. My ques is, is d cashiers at d bank are thieves as well?

maybe dey r, maybe der nt..... Only God knwz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2012
obusco4lyfe: u guys are really funny or let me say....gettin me scared cs i'm yet to pay my own sevis fee. I hv a frnd who is based in togo, she entered naija d day b4 yesterday. She also tld me d current exchange rate is 3.1. Illustratn:$200x165=33000naira which is in naija currency. To change 2 CFA i.e cotonou currency u den do 3.1x33000=102000. She even tld me to remove d '.1' nd multiply only 3x33000=99000, dt dt is d actual amount. My ques is, is d cashiers at d bank are thieves as well?

Did you add the Bank commission to the $200? Or don't you know that the bank will charge you for the western union transfer? The bank charge is usually between $25 to $35.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 10:06am On Jul 07, 2012
deevick246:

Did you add the Bank commission to the $200? Or don't you know that the bank will charge you for the western union transfer? The bank charge is usually between $25 to $35.
dts true...u're ryt!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Surestboyxxx: 10:22am On Jul 07, 2012
hi house..I lost my visa fees receipt..what can i do pls, my interview is approaching
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 10:28am On Jul 07, 2012
Surestboyxxx: hi house..I lost my visa fees receipt..what can i do pls, my interview is approaching

This is a sad news. Maybe you can try talk to them at the Gtbank you made the payment, if you can still remember the date you made the payment. Who knows they might be able to help you print out another receipt. You will probably have to go with your international passport and supply the bank with some of your personal informations e.g phone number and address.
I know how bad you will be feeling right now but I wish you all the very best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 10:37am On Jul 07, 2012
@house i'm kind of wonderin, if d ecobank in cotonou can send cash nd get response in 3days, cant d ecobank in naija do d same since dey netwrk their systems 2geda?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Theyjih: 11:39am On Jul 07, 2012
NIce job y; all and thanks imperiouxx 4 the GRE material.. as per WES, do they still accept visacard from Nigerian residents ? thanks a bunch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by summacumlaude: 12:06pm On Jul 07, 2012
Hi peeps,

Just got my visa at the US embassy in abuja. To God be all the glory, honour and adoration.

Excerpts:

Me. Good morning (looking straight into his eyes and smiling)
VO: good morning, can I have ur documents
VO: what is the purpose of your trip to the US?
Me: to pursue a masters degree in xxxxxxx
VO: At what school?
Me: xxxxxx university
VO: OK i see. And you have funding..... (looking at my I - 20)
Me: yes. scholarships from the university and xxxxx foundation.
VO: asks me about the foundation
Me: i tel him
VO: what area of your course do you want to specialize in
Me: i tell him
VO: right. that's an area that is generating a lot of interest at the moment
Me: yes it is
VO: i see you've had previous travels
Me: One actually
VO: And what do you intend to do in career/profession, just out of curiosity
Me: to become a professor, blah, blah, blah, blah
VO: Please pick up your visa on wednesday or thursday at this address. I wish you the best in your studies.
Hands me my I - 20 and a white paper but retains my passport

The guy who interviewd me was on old guy in booth 8. Although he denied one or two persons before me, he was quite warm and friendly.

The guy in booth 7 was young and harsh. denied almost every one that he interviwed. He had one kind of face dat said you CAN'T bullshit me. Imagine what he asked one guy, "this school is very expensive and in a very expensive city, why do u chooose to spend this ammount of money instead of investing it in your future in Nigeria". after that question d applicant just the fumble, na im my guy deny am oh!!

The babes in booths 6 and 9 are sha thorough oooo. The questions I heard them asking people enh? Like say na state CID interrogation. But they were granting sha.

Good luck to all other prospectives in the House. May the grace and mercy of the Almighty go with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by deevick246(m): 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2012
summacumlaude: Hi peeps,

Just got my visa at the US embassy in abuja. To God be all the glory, honour and adoration.

Excerpts:

VO: Please pick up your visa on wednesday or thursday at this address. I wish you the best in your studies.

The guy who interviewd me was on old guy in booth 8. Although he denied one or two persons before me, he was quite warm and friendly.

The guy in booth 7 was young and harsh. denied almost every one that he interviwed. He had one kind of face dat said you CAN'T bullshit me. Imagine what he asked one guy, "this school is very expensive and in a very expensive city, why do u chooose to spend this ammount of money instead of investing it in your future in Nigeria". after that question d applicant just the fumble, na im my guy deny am oh!!

The babes in booths 6 and 9 are sha thorough oooo. The questions I heard them asking people enh? Like say na state CID interrogation. But they were granting sha.

Good luck to all other prospectives in the House. May the grace and mercy of the Almighty go with you.

I say a big Amen to the last paragraph sentence\prayer.
Congratulations man. I am very happy for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 12:27pm On Jul 07, 2012

Excerpts:

Congrats bro and thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by obusco4lyfe(m): 12:44pm On Jul 07, 2012

Excerpts:

weldone!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 1:21pm On Jul 07, 2012

Excerpts:

Congrats broda...
Was it Abuja or Lag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by rowlandoo: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2012

Excerpts:

Praah

Congrat , .goodluck inur future endeavors
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 3:06pm On Jul 07, 2012
summacumlaude: Hi peeps, my interviw is for next saturday 7 July 2012, in Abuja. I'm going for my masters. I'll revert with my SUCCESS story as soon as I leave the embassy.

As if you knew that the visa is yours, that's the spirit. Congrat!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by summacumlaude: 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2012
Tanx a lot everyone
@kcluv2men: it was in Abuja
@all the Gurus on this thread (u know urselves): ur wisdom is a source of strength to everyone, please keep up the good work.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2012

Excerpts:

Congrats bro,I pray I share the same kinda testimony next 2 weeks thursday.AMEN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by WARYZ(m): 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2012

Excerpts:

But didn't the guy check any of ur documents,E.g statement of aact,transcipts,nd educational docs?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by GboyegaD(m): 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2012

You are the funniest of the lot. You are so funny that you are deciding the exchange rates you would use as though you do not observe that exchange rates are never static. You could pay more or less depending on the exchange rate and remember you would pay fees as well so your thought of paying just $200 is wrong.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by yomifola(m): 6:13pm On Jul 07, 2012
House, jst wanna ask weda transcript of my reslt is vry cogent on d interview day cuz i cldnt colect it 4rm sch bt i v d original cert. Wit me...?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by ollyboy1: 6:55pm On Jul 07, 2012
Hello, trying to send you a private message.
Could you pls get back to me on morokins@yahoo.com it urgent pls.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by bobell: 7:03pm On Jul 07, 2012
Mennhhh its seems this month of july is a very sure month ooooooo always happy each time I see my visa was approvedf grin grin...pray we all ganna hear good news tru out dis month and also the month of August will surely goes well for we August Students as well...Amen...Amen...Amen...belief u ur self and fucos on ur dreams...It is well bobell......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 7:21pm On Jul 07, 2012
bobell: Mennhhh its seems this month of july is a very sure month ooooooo always happy each time I see my visa was approvedf grin grin...pray we all ganna hear good news tru out dis month and also the month of August will surely goes well for we August Students as well...Amen...Amen...Amen...belief u ur self and fucos on ur dreams...It is well bobell......

That's true. It gave me confidence too last year whenever I hear that. Let the spirit high here brothers!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 8:51pm On Jul 07, 2012
Na waa ooo...this yankee school no wan let me rest oooo...them don dey send my first exam notice when i never even cross Muritala or Nnamdi azik airports....na read die be dis oooo....na so e be? guysssssssss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kpolli(m): 9:16pm On Jul 07, 2012
walex57: Na waa ooo...this yankee school no wan let me rest oooo...them don dey send my first exam notice when i never even cross Muritala or Nnamdi azik airports....na read die be dis oooo....na so e be? guysssssssss

hahahahahaha lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2012
walex57: Na waa ooo...this yankee school no wan let me rest oooo...them don dey send my first exam notice when i never even cross Muritala or Nnamdi azik airports....na read die be dis oooo....na so e be? guysssssssss

mod lyrics from ''One Day At A Time'' by 2pac feat. Eminem

You'll run but you'll never die
You can try to fast forward time
But in your heart and your mind
You'll never die
You forever live
And you continue learning....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 4:44am On Jul 08, 2012
Congrats summacumlaude.

@All, pls I'll like to encourage us to always include info such as school name, major or general info/responses that can be useful to others. Personally, I feel irritated seeing stuffs like "told him", we readers might have missed some valuable info; besides these do not impair nor divulge your identity in any way. I'm sorry if I've hurt anyone, but it's just my personal inclination.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by jimtosam: 5:39am On Jul 08, 2012
@all, I've been thinking of dis too. 'I told him'.We do not know each other,so opening up has no effect.Here in dis forum,people like imperiouxx,gboyegaD,Phy,walex, and likes have helped me b4 but I dont even know their skin colors.So,it has no negative effect opening up.
Tell us ur sponsor,closing balance,course,name of school,hw u get funding,etc.
Let us make d thread beta.hv u ever thought of dis dat if not 4 justwise ,femilangy,etc,we wont be here.pls,contribute ur quota.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 11:31am On Jul 08, 2012
phy: Congrats summacumlaude.

@All, pls I'll like to encourage us to always include info such as school name, major or general info/responses that can be useful to others. Personally, I feel irritated seeing stuffs like "told him", we readers might have missed some valuable info; besides these do not impair nor divulge your identity in any way. I'm sorry if I've hurt anyone, but it's just my personal inclination.

True talk...Try as much as possible to give it in details
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by successgrace: 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2012
phy: Congrats summacumlaude.

Words of our fathers are .........
Gud one Bro
Lol @ told him crew

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (101)

I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General New Zealand Student Enquires / Need Traveling Advice To Cotonou

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.