Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,370 members, 7,920,417 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 06:44 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 (214700 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 5:10pm On Jul 04, 2012
bypassit:

@Walex57

i just went to the portal and i saw the option(Auto reschedule)which i already did but i only found opt in after that aside from the cancellation option underneath.Should i click opt in?I can only see the cancellation option den underneath,i can Yes Or No!Which should i click after i already clicked the box.
click opt in
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 6:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
xoxolol: Hello people,

I have been following this thread more or less daily. I went to Part 1, updated and extracted successful interviews and picked up lessons from the unsuccessful ones.

My F1 VISA was approved last week at the Lagos Consular General. It will be most selfish of me not to narrate my ordeal, in hope it will be resourceful to someones else.

Me: Hi, good afternoon
VO: Can I have your passport (as arranged from the gate by officers there @ Lagos Consular.
VO: Which school are going to?
Me: Xyz university
VO: Which other schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 3 other namely, clarkson uni, unm, ncat
VO: Which university did you attend?
Me: I attended OAU and studied …………..
VO: When did you graduate?
Me: 2008
VO: What have you been doing since then?
Me: I worked in xyz company during my youth service in Ilorin as floor maintenance engineer for a yr in …... Then 1 1/2 yrs with so and so. And just joined company abc(started wearing ID card)
VO: So what do they do?
Me: They are into design, installation and sales of air conditioners
VO: What’s your role there?
Me: I design and sell.
VO: How much do you earn?
Me: 80k plus x% upon successful sale
VO: So how much does that come to annually?
Me: 'Bout 1.8m-2m
Me: Ok
VO: So if you are to design HVAC system for...let's say Intercontinental building...do you know the building?
Me: Nope (I forgot, I know the owners self personally-No tension *wink*)
VO: Ok, so what do you look out for in designing an HVAC system for such a structure?
Me: I will get the plan from the architect (stammered) and then calculate the cooling load...(and I was going on, he halted me)
VO: Why did u choose xyz uni?
Me: I chose it because the fee is affordable, and they also offered me part scholarship. In addition, their research interest in xyz attracted me. My final year thesis matches has since been submitted for publishing in *** science journal, 2008. My final thesis (showing him) was on the..... I successfully, modified the system and thereby got an efficiency of 87%.
VO: What are you going to study?
Me: MS xxxx engineering
VO: You had full scholarship from xyz
Me: Yea, but it’s not full (so I showed him the remark section)
VO: Oh...so your uncle will be paying $17k balance..(I kept correcting him)
Me: Yes.
VO: So are you going into partnership with him after graduation (never thought this that way, he gave me clue-na God)
Me: Na so I knack am-o yes
Here is his acct statement. Fortunately, his company name is uncle’s name & Partners. So I used it to buffer and showed him, that we are partnering. After all he is into building projects for so and so state government.
VO: Hmmm (shaking his head)
He said, pick your visa at ... (I was blank)...I rushed away with slip and doc.

Hurray! Thank God!! smiley

Wishing you guys the very best...go for it.

Personal Observation:
Dressing: Though I have 2nice pairs of suit and 1 lovely jacket. I opted for chinoes and shirt, with a black footwear. A lot of people who got similar visas in my presence were not in suit. You need o see lads with short with red chinoes...(got it ofcourse). So maybe you can let go if it.
Distraction: I met an Ungrad school mate, the guy was just gisting and became such a nuisance. I kept mute...guy, am here on a mission free me (kept saying that within). responded in few words. He changed seats and came to meet me 'cos I kept relocating. This is not the place to familiarize. Then he started, I see you are scared...Me? no, am not. Beware of this (ototo larin wa - yoruba).
VO: He didn't request for my GRE and TOEFL. Though I wrote GRE twice and TOEFL once.
VISA Issuance: In my opinion, no person can really boast he got this on his/her merit. They seem to only give, after the conviction, you have genuine intention(s)/bonafide, academically sound and "convince" the VO enough the opportunity will better you.

My 2 pence...Cheers!!!

Congrats mennnn...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
walex57: Ok here is how my interview went, i'm using a phone as u've not returned to ibadan where my laptop is so bear with me is there's any typo?
My stats: no GRE, Toefl score 103, graduated with 2.2 (weak one for that matter), virgin passport, never travelled out in ma life, first time ever at any embassy..
I woke up by 4:30am and had my prayer..especially for the interview, my friend saw me off to the bus stop after dressing up, got to d embassy arnd 6am and met some pple there before many pple started coming,..infact some photographers there wanted to scam me as i forgot my passport photographs in ibadan and discovered only after i arrived lagos sunday evening so i had to snap two copies for 700 bucks...i met allordandry at d place with three other guys who were student applicants...we all discussed and den we were called for initial document review at d pavillion...we got inside arnd some minutes past eight o clock and we sat down...i was no 70 while dandry was no 73 or so i guess..so we went to three diff counters...on was to collect our passports and docs and the other was for biometrics...while sitting i studied two vo's and saw dat vo at window 1 asked too much questions and took too long, vo at window 4 was quite fast but granted people visa as if e don dey independence celebration mood already, i was praying to be him but God did otherwise which was better for me...i saw one of the guys with us being denied his visa by vo in window 9, my hrt come dey raise...at last my number 70 showed and it was d dreaded window 1....i say i don enter am today, guys pls confidence and prayer plays d bulk of the roles u have on ur interview date...i got to the counter and dis ensued:
me: good morning (fake smile)
vo: good morning (faking smile it as well) , pass me ur docs
vo: (typing and checking some tins for a while) hummm....so what school are u going to and course?
Me: california state university sacramento, mechanical engineering
vo: why dis school?
Me: this was the school dat offered me admission in the area of my interests amongst d other schools i applied to and owning to d fact that they have good facilities as well as a good research environment but majorly because i was offered admission there...
Vo: so what benefits do ur course have in nigeria
Me: well...(listed some manufacturing coys in naija) and said with the developing economy of my country need for expertise and professionalism is highly needed, (strong tie no 1)
Vo: hummm....so what other schools did u apply to
me: london school of commerce uk and d national power training institute of nigeria (strong tie no 2)
vo: so did u get admits there also?
Me: yes at both schools
vo: so why didn't u go to the uk, do they not offer manufacturing there (i'll be majoring in manufacturing)
Me: the school in uk offered me masters in information technology and the one here offered me a graduate skills prog in the power sector here nd also manufacturing was what i majored in during my undergraduate studies
vo: so what school did u graduate from
me: university of ilorin
vo: so what have u been doing since u left school
me: i went for my nysc and den started working at a civil/mechanical engineeering coy
vo: so how much was ur salary, do u have payslips (me wey no dey earn shishi wey still dey hunt for job)
me: i wasn't collecting salary as i was there to gain experience pending wen admission into the schls i applied to pulls through.
Vo: so what were ur functions at ur work
me: was involved in repairs and maintenance of earth moving equipment and generators majorly earth moving equipment and we also consult for other coys by maintaining their machine and moreover the coy is owned by my dad
vo: oh...so ur dad will be paying for your tuition and living expenses
me: no....my mum
vo: ohhhh...ur mum....what does ur mum do
me: she's a legal practitioner and property consultant
vo: so does ur mum have personal property
me: yeah (final smackdown!) and we also have family property
vo: (wrote somefin like a small code on my ds-160 and tore d green ticket for me and also gave me the white paper and said ur visa will be ready on friday...bkah blah blah........
Me: thank you

note: try to demonstrate while talking, it shows sign of confidence, i wasnpt even asked to show a single document or bank statement or toefl or gre scores...out of d five of us the other three guys and i and allordandhry...we were d only two given visa by d same man, i know some other students were issued but dat's after we left sha'

Congrats bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 6:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
@ house- How can i download the whole thread as in part 1.So, i could continue reading the thread in my spare time without having to log on to the net.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 6:36pm On Jul 04, 2012
GboyegaD:

yes you can and should.

Thanks broda...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
[quote author=phy][/quote]
Brother, when you go contact OjaP?
I really need to stat preparing for Spring 2013.
Thanks...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
kcluv2men: @ house- How can i download the whole thread as in part 1.So, i could continue reading the thread in my spare time without having to log on to the net.

On each page, press Crtl + S, then click save. Do that one by one till you finish the whole 300+ pages and don't mind the time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
imperiouxx:

On each page, press Crtl + S, then click save. Do that one by one till you finish the whole 300+ pages and don't mind the time.

Thnx...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by walex57(m): 6:54pm On Jul 04, 2012
@kcluv2men...i read part 1 till about page 120 or so and men i gained a whole lot so it's very worth it and no worry, ur testimony too will be shared here...
@house, abeg where are our patrons, femilangy, nethacker, webstradamus, God pkckin, Phuck NL, oyewole, walegamat, platinumk (female i guess)....and host of others...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by fittty(m): 7:32pm On Jul 04, 2012
This nairaland travel section is the best way to get a study visa yourself without the help of those dubious travel agents. You guys r d bomb...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by shamoney1: 9:36pm On Jul 04, 2012
My people abeg am asking for help one more time. Someone wants to help me pay d sevis fee from US, he is requestin for the detailed steps to follow and wat he needs to have ie d info needed when payin it.. Please am asking for help once more from my brodas and sistas here.. Whoeva has idea should help answer me..
Thank you house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by maga1: 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
Good day great people of the house. I am new to this section and i came here to get useful information (as usual). I have read some pages on the part one of the thread and also many pages on this part 2. i must say i am really impressed with d way u guyz are interacting. my inquiry is based on GMAT and TOEFL. pls can someone give me details about both exams (how to register, how much, must i register with agents, if i must register with one ... can someone refer me to a good agent in portharcourt)?? I await ur good response. thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 11:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
sha_money: My people abeg am asking for help one more time. Someone wants to help me pay d sevis fee from US, he is requestin for the detailed steps to follow and wat he needs to have ie d info needed when payin it.. Please am asking for help once more from my brodas and sistas here.. Whoeva has idea should help answer me..
Thank you house.

I did for a friend 3 weeks ago. All he needs is your Full name, Date of birth, School code, Sevis number and Sex. The address will be his own not yours because the computer won't accept Nigeria state code. At the western agent place they click on QUICK COLLECT tab on their computer while the company name is: US BANK DHS and state code is: FMSFV SFEE, MO.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 1:50am On Jul 05, 2012
bypassit: Dear house,i applied for an emergency request and i was denied but initially,i picked 22 of Aug and i clicked the Auto schedule option and a mail came in and i was scheduled for 10th but my school resumes 6th of August so its still late.
Do you guys think the auto date option could still automatically reschedule me after just once?otherwise i wouldn't be able to apply.
Please help me out anyone who has had that kind of experience before.

Please do it again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by emmanuelkim: 2:39am On Jul 05, 2012
House what is the difference between the letter of introduction and affidavit letter from your parents, please i need i deal on writing it, because my dad need the format, If you have i ideal on writing it, let me know please, or if you have structured one,do post it for me, i mean letter of introduction and affidavit

Thanks i need it for my interview please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Allohrandy(m): 5:01am On Jul 05, 2012
maga1: Good day great people of the house. I am new to this section and i came here to get useful information (as usual). I have read some pages on the part one of the thread and also many pages on this part 2. i must say i am really impressed with d way u guyz are interacting. my inquiry is based on GMAT and TOEFL. pls can someone give me details about both exams (how to register, how much, must i register with agents, if i must register with one ... can someone refer me to a good agent in portharcourt)?? I await ur good response. thank you
i registered my GRE and Toefl at First Logic in ph. They are located in Ecobank building, along Aba road Ph. They are also reliable.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Nobody: 5:12am On Jul 05, 2012
Please house, has anyone here misplaced his/her ePassport ? If yes how did you replace it as I have just misplaced mine. The name on it is Adegbite Gbolahan Lateef, If found please call 07054831928 and information on how to replace it would be greatly welcomed, most importantly, replacing it without having to go to Abuja and not paying so much for it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by Allohrandy(m): 5:20am On Jul 05, 2012
bypassit: Dear house,i applied for an emergency request and i was denied but initially,i picked 22 of Aug and i clicked the Auto schedule option and a mail came in and i was scheduled for 10th but my school resumes 6th of August so its still late.
Do you guys think the auto date option could still automatically reschedule me after just once?otherwise i wouldn't be able to apply.
Please help me out anyone who has had that kind of experience before.
i did my auto reshedule twice. My initial date was sept 4th which was not convenient for me. So i clicked auto reshedule and i got aug 22th the following day which was nt also convenient for me. So i reapply for auto reshedule and my date was moved from aug 22th to july 2nd about a week later! So pls try to reapply for auto reshedule. With God on ur side, u will get a convenient date. Just be patient
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 7:32am On Jul 05, 2012
walex57: @kcluv2men...i read part 1 till about page 120 or so and men i gained a whole lot so it's very worth it and no worry, ur testimony too will be shared here...
@house, abeg where are our patrons, femilangy, nethacker, webstradamus, God pkckin, Phuck NL, oyewole, walegamat, platinumk (female i guess)....and host of others...

Amen...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 7:35am On Jul 05, 2012
[b][/b][i][/i][color=#770077][/color]spring 2013 applicants for undergraduate studies.Where are you guys?
Could we just hook up and get to know each other?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 7:36am On Jul 05, 2012
@Phy-still waiting for your reply....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 7:42am On Jul 05, 2012
sha_money: My people abeg am asking for help one more time. Someone wants to help me pay d sevis fee from US, he is requestin for the detailed steps to follow and wat he needs to have ie d info needed when payin it.. Please am asking for help once more from my brodas and sistas here.. Whoeva has idea should help answer me..
Thank you house.

Ask the person to use this link: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/wu_fm_inter.htm
The exact way to feel the form is well described.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by phy: 7:47am On Jul 05, 2012
I've been getting this notification: "You have 2 new Nairaland PMs. Please check your e-mail account now.", how can one check or read the PMs? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 7:51am On Jul 05, 2012
phy:

Ask the person to use this link: http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/wu_fm_inter.htm
The exact way to feel the form is well described.

Could you believe that there is no form (payment service) that has the same or complete info as that on that link with any western union agent in US? Also these people don't usual have such payment request. I went with that sample on that day only to be disappointed, then we turn to filling it on the computer directly with calls to senior agent somewhere else. Sevp needs to update that sample on that site.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 7:54am On Jul 05, 2012
phy: I've been getting this notification: "You have 2 new Nairaland PMs. Please check your e-mail account now.", how can one check or read the PMs? Thanks
Go to your e-mail address...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 7:58am On Jul 05, 2012
kcluv2men:
Go to your e-mail address...

If he isn't following the person before receiving the nairaland mail, he won't still see anything. I have bunch of it. And here is the one you send that I can't still read up till now. Worst nairaland version.

Hello imperiouxx,

kcluv2men would like to send you an email message, but since you're not connected, you'll need to contact kcluv2men by replying this email.

Regards,
Nairaland Team.
https://www.nairaland.com/kcluv2men
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 8:01am On Jul 05, 2012
@kcluv2men,

Can you send the message to my mail now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 8:02am On Jul 05, 2012
imperiouxx: @kcluv2men,

Can you send the message to my mail now?

Let me try...hold on?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by kcluv2men(m): 8:04am On Jul 05, 2012
@Imperioux- Just sent it....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part2 by imperiouxx(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2012
Yea, saw it in my mail box now. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (101)

On Vacation: New York City / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / General New Zealand Student Enquires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.