Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,381 members, 7,891,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 04:40 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (871487 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2014
hasan123: Hello there,
I've applied for my UK Student Visa & I Submitted my documents and biometric fingerprints etc as well.
The thing is that my friend told me that you have to show 3 original bank statements which proves that you have available funds for future studies but I couldn't find any information telling this that How many bank letters & statements you have to submit in documents. So I submitted two bank statements and Bank letters.
Can any one help me with this? Can any one tell me that I've showed 2 statements and letters will cause my visa to be rejected?
Regards,
Hasan. I've applied from Pakistan for Tier 4 General Student visa from Karachi, Pakistan

Of course you can submit two account statements (even one) if the statement(s) meet these conditions:
1) the funds in account(s) meet the maintenance requirement, and
2) held the money for a consecutive 28 day period in ALL accounts.

The 28-day period is calculated from the date of the closing balance on the most recent of the account statements (if more than one) and that closing balance date must be no earlier than 31 days before the applicant made their application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2014
dspy45:

Please advice

I deposited the balance of maintenance and balance of school fees on 10th July 2014, when is the best possible date to make last transaction, best date to print statement and wen to apply?

Again, i have well over more than the amount cos i calculated my total of maintenance fund and balance with a GRP of 300pounds to be a on a safer side and still have extras. So can i make withdraws and equally put back the money in beats so activities can go and about with the said account rather than jus leaving it?

You have already been advised by @SpikesC and Oga @Justwise, but I just want to add this:

I know someone who got refused because the ECO got mistakened about the date the funds was deposited as ECO didn't look at the period the account statement was printed (the complete money was there for over 28 days). The applicant didn't include transactions that made the money complete so the ECO just started counting from the first transaction to the printed date and it fell short of 28 days, hence refusal.

I know what I just wrote may be confusing but my point now is this: Make sure the transaction that made your required money complete is reflected in your statement. Then preferably, in case no transaction occurred during the waiting period, you can withdraw/deposit a little amount of money to reflect another transaction (perhaps a day before you will print the statement). This is so as to avoid any form of misunderstanding because you won't be sitting beside the ECO to point anything out while a decision is being made.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sassybee: 3:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hello everyone, pls is dere anyone who submitted their application at V.I?...Is it possible to take passport photograph there?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ocheejemb: 3:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
Friend of mine got her notification that her visa was approved after 4 working days!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dspy45: 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2014
@DonOms, so what are the best possible dates to print statement (from when to when - since deposit was made 10th July 2014) and possibly when to do last transaction. this will serve as a guide to the bank staff
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by choco2014: 4:43pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hi i am new in this forum. I need ur help. My issue is that my tier 4 visa was refused on the basis of that i am not a genuine student... I sent my administrative review on 14th of march 2014. Still i have not got any reply. A day before yesterday my 4 months has been completed. I am really worried dat y they r not giving reply.. 2 weeks before i send them reminder as well but still no reply. Justwise n all experts of forum plz tell me that wt should i do...bcz i m much tensed bcz its question of my future as well. N plz tell me that how much time a review takes?
I applied my case from pakistan islamabad embassy. Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2014
choco2014: Hi i am new in this forum. I need ur help. My issue is that my tier 4 visa was refused on the basis of that i am not a genuine student... I sent my administrative review on 14th of march 2014. Still i have not got any reply. A day before yesterday my 4 months has been completed. I am really worried dat y they r not giving reply.. 2 weeks before i send them reminder as well but still no reply. Justwise n all experts of forum plz tell me that wt should i do...bcz i m much tensed bcz its question of my future as well. N plz tell me that how much time a review takes?
I applied my case from pakistan islamabad embassy. Thanks.

Administrative review doesn't normally take that long, have you tried calling them?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 4:50pm On Jul 16, 2014
@ justwise, spikesC and the profs. In the house
Pls the 28days period dose it include weekend ( Saturdays and Sundays ) or it's just working days
Pls I need to knw so I ll can know the actual date to close my account for the embassy.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by choco2014: 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
i have not make any call. infact i dont have any numbr where i could trace out my case... in pakistan reviews r taking much time my few friendz got reply after 3 months... but its gng to b more than 4 months to my case.. i have not got any reply. i am much tensed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
bidibudi: @ justwise, spikesC and the profs. In the house
Pls the 28days period dose it include weekend ( Saturdays and Sundays ) or it's just working days
Pls I need to knw so I ll can know the actual date to close my account for the embassy.
Thanks

Yes it does.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 4:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
choco2014: i have not make any call. infact i dont have any numbr where i could trace out my case... in pakistan reviews r taking much time my few friendz got reply after 3 months... but its gng to b more than 4 months to my case.. i have not got any reply. i am much tensed

Visit British embassy website in Pakistan for their number, you have to call to speak to somebody who will direct you to the appropriate department.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by choco2014: 5:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
ok will do. i wil let u know dat wt they said. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jcaribie: 5:24pm On Jul 16, 2014
DonOms:

Of course you can submit two account statements (even one) if the statement(s) meet these conditions:
1) the funds in account(s) meet the maintenance requirement, and
2) held the money for a consecutive 28 day period in ALL accounts.

The 28-day period is calculated from the date of the closing balance on the most recent of the account statements (if more than one) and that closing balance date must be no earlier than 31 days before the applicant made their application.

However, I know the British high commission normally has more regard for the statement that favour your application the most.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hasan123: 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
Well Yeah.
Actually My account contains 16000 pounds and I was required to show 12000 actually. I applied for the visa on 4th of July and my appointment was on 14th of July so I take the statement from 9th June to 10th July. Is this Okayy?
Regards. Hasan
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dspy45: 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
@DonOms, so what are the best possible dates to print statement (from when to when - since deposit was made 10th July 2014) and possibly when to do last transaction. this will serve as a guide to the bank staff
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by baddoski(m): 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
good day everyone please i want to know if the uk visa center in lekki is still functioning and also if i can still apply for my visa since my passport is expiring jan 2015.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 7:46am On Jul 17, 2014
@Justwise: Please can i do my tuberculosis test in Ghana, I will be traveling to Ghana for my gre test so i intend doing the TB test there too and besides its cheaper . Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:10am On Jul 17, 2014
paradisewoods: @Justwise: Please can i do my tuberculosis test in Ghana, I will be traveling to Ghana for my gre test so i intend doing the TB test there too and besides its cheaper . Thanks.

I'm really not sure about that but i think you will be able to do it in any country as long as its one of the hospitals recommended by British embassy.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by planetshaker: 12:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
Good day everyone, its interesting how peoples inquiries r attended to efficiently on this thread. Thanks to everyone who has kept this thread alive. I have a quick question.
Im abt to begin my visa application and I have all the funds I need for the application fee. My card is an access bank verve card. I use rhe card for online payments regularly. Will I be able to make my application fee payment using this card despite the payment being in aanother currency? That is, the naira equivalent be removed suvcessfully? Or is it outrightly impossible? Any first hand experience will be priceless. Loking forward to hearing from u guys. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:25pm On Jul 17, 2014
planetshaker: Good day everyone, its interesting how peoples inquiries r attended to efficiently on this thread. Thanks to everyone who has kept this thread alive. I have a quick question.
Im abt to begin my visa application and I have all the funds I need for the application fee. My card is an access bank verve card. I use rhe card for online payments regularly. Will I be able to make my application fee payment using this card despite the payment being in aanother currency? That is, the naira equivalent be removed suvcessfully? Or is it outrightly impossible? Any first hand experience will be priceless. Loking forward to hearing from u guys. Thanks

Yes you can. I think it is paga that integrated Verve
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sassybee: 12:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
planetshaker: Good day everyone, its interesting how peoples inquiries r attended to efficiently on this thread. Thanks to everyone who has kept this thread alive. I have a quick question.

you can use verve..but it would go thru Paga...their exchange is high!..Naira eqivalent is over 94k but wiv gt master card i paid close to 88k..(it might be inclusive of cot, vat nd all deir oda charges coz d card is linked to my current acct)..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2014
@planetshaker

You'll be travelling to UK and Verve card do not work there.
I'll advise you walk into your bank, get a mastercard or even VISA card and use it to make the payment.
All those cards will be giving to you same day and would cost you between 600 and 1000 Naira

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by baddoski(m): 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2014
@justwise good day new here please i want to know if i can still apply for my tier4 visa since my passport is expiring jan 2015 .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2014
baddoski: @justwise good day new here please i want to know if i can still apply for my tier4 visa since my passport is expiring jan 2015 .

It need to have at least 6months validity in it to be used for visa application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by planetshaker: 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2014
Thanks so much everyone. I'll attend to my process accordingly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 17, 2014

Yes you can....I am sure of Mastercard though...I used that
Yesterday pm I paid and this morning 88,837.67 was deducted from my account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:47pm On Jul 17, 2014
dspy45:

Print your statement from 10th July to 8th Aug. 7th of August is actually your 28th day. When do you intend submitting your application?
As for the transaction, you can make a transaction on the 7th of August.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 11:51pm On Jul 17, 2014
hasan123: Well Yeah.
Actually My account contains 16000 pounds and I was required to show 12000 actually. I applied for the visa on 4th of July and my appointment was on 14th of July so I take the statement from 9th June to 10th July. Is this Okayy?
Regards. Hasan

That's fine. Which date did your money get complete in the account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hasan123: 12:34am On Jul 18, 2014
Well, From 9th of June my money for maintenance and funds were maintained. and on 10thof June I submitted even more money but that doesn't matter. The maintenance and the remaining course fee already was completed before the submission of the money?
So I'm on the safe side or not? And the money I submitted on 10th also completed the 28 days task which UKBA has set?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hasan123: 3:22am On Jul 18, 2014
You mean that closing balance date should not be earlier then 31 days before I've made the application?
Well I've made the Application on 4th of July So the closing balance date should be 3rd of June? It can not be earlier than that?
Because the Maintenance funds and the remaining visa fee was in my account like from few months? but the bank statement shows that the last cheque I've submitted was on 10th of June.
Is this something wrong in it? Like I heard that UKBA needs a statement of 28 days funds in your bank accounts.
Actually can you tell me what do you mean by the "Closing date"?
So that I can explain you more easily.
Regards,
Hasan.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hasan123: 4:00am On Jul 18, 2014
well, My closing balance date in my account statement was 30th of June & The statement was from 9th June to 10th of July.
Is this wrong?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hasan123: 4:09am On Jul 18, 2014
Well my money which was required to show for 28 days was in my bank account from like November. but the closing balance date was 30th of June? Is this Okay? because my bank statement was from 09th of June to 10th of July? Is there anything wrong which will cause my visa to be rejected?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.