Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,401 members, 7,891,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:33 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (871524 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dspy45: 12:10pm On Jul 18, 2014
@DonOms, tanx. Its actually july 10th – august 8th buh I figured. Well will print 11th cos 9th and 10th falls during the weekend. And I also intend to apply probably 11th or 12th of august so I can get an early interview date for submission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by dspy45: 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
You have already been advised by @SpikesC and Oga @Justwise, but I just want to add this:

I know someone who got refused because the ECO got mistakened about the date the funds was deposited as ECO didn't look at the period the account statement was printed (the complete money was there for over 28 days). The applicant didn't include transactions that made the money complete so the ECO just started counting from the first transaction to the printed date and it fell short of 28 days, hence refusal.

I know what I just wrote may be confusing but my point now is this: Make sure the transaction that made your required money complete is reflected in your statement. Then preferably, in case no transaction occurred during the waiting period, you can withdraw/deposit a little amount of money to reflect another transaction (perhaps a day before you will print the statement). This is so as to avoid any form of misunderstanding because you won't be sitting beside the ECO to point anything out while a decision is being made.

@DonOms, the above was ur response to my earlier query. In respect to the first paragraph, I opened a new account on the 9th and d bulk transaction was made once for the maintenance fund and balance of school fees the following day being 10th July. So far, I;ve been counting the 28 day period. The cash in account is excess of which I recently made a withdrawal and didn’t affect the required funds. So am I on the right track printing my statement from 10th July to 8th August? So the ECO doesn’t mistake anything
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2014
Good day to the gurus in the house, I came across this thread while searching for solution for my current challenge. I read through this thread and I really appreciate the info on this thread.

I was given an unconditional offer by UCL for September 2014 Entry, My CAS has been sent to me few days ago and I have started the online application. I also have Sponsorship letter from the federal government accepting responsibilities for the course fee and living expenses.
But my challenge is this, I went to IOM office Abuja on monday to conduct the TB test, I did the X-ray but the doctor was not satisfied with the result hence the need for a sputum test. The result of this test will not be ready until 15th September. This means I cant submit my application before this date. My questions are:
1. Can I still apply for the Visa on 15th September given the the programme starts on 22nd September?
2. If so, Which center will be faster in such state?
3. My CAS states that my latest date of acceptance is 10/10/2014, does that mean I can still make it after the 22nd Resumption date.

Please gurus, advice me on what to do because this issue has been hunting me throughout the week.

Thank you for your kind reply. God bless You!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2014
perfect08: Good day to the gurus in the house, I came across this thread while searching for solution for my current challenge. I read through this thread and I really appreciate the info on this thread.

I was given an unconditional offer by UCL for September 2014 Entry, My CAS has been sent to me few days ago and I have started the online application. I also have Sponsorship letter from the federal government accepting responsibilities for the course fee and living expenses.
But my challenge is this, I went to IOM office Abuja on monday to conduct the TB test, I did the X-ray but the doctor was not satisfied with the result hence the need for a sputum test. The result of this test will not be ready until 15th September. This means I cant submit my application before this date. My questions are:
1. Can I still apply for the Visa on 15th September given the the programme starts on 22nd September?
3. My CAS states that my latest date of acceptance is 10/10/2014, does that mean I can still make it after the 22nd Resumption date.

Please gurus, advice me on what to do because this issue has been hunting me throughout the week.

You're still on schedule. You can still submit your application but should book an appointment after the date you collect the TB certificate.

Now: If the doctor can guarantee you that the certificate will be out on that 15th, then you can book your appointment on the 16th. 3 weeks from that is 7th october, therefore you can travel on the 8th or 9th of October.

But here is another problem. You are also not guaranteed of the TB test being negative, therefore if it turns out positive, you'll have to cancel the VISA application and ask for a refund
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
spikesC:

You're still on schedule. You can still submit your application but should book an appointment after the date you collect the TB certificate.

Now: If the doctor can guarantee you that the certificate will be out on that 15th, then you can book your appointment on the 16th. 3 weeks from that is 7th october, therefore you can travel on the 8th or 9th of October.

But here is another problem. You are also not guaranteed of the TB test being negative, therefore if it turns out positive, you'll have to cancel the VISA application and ask for a refund

@spikesC Thank you for the prompt response. I think I'll go with your advice on that and take the risk. but I thought pbs tier 4 student Visa application processing takes just 5-10 working days. The 3 weeks you quoted is baffling me. Can they give me a special consideration and hasten the processing of my visa given the information on my CAS?

Thank you once again. God bless you abundantly
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by agates: 1:26pm On Jul 18, 2014
@ justwise please I would like to make a clarification about the statement of account.
1. Does the opening balance have to show the complete funds. For instance I m supposed to have 20000 pounds as maintainable and fees now I deposited 10000 pounds on the 19th into my account. When I printed my statement after 28 days it shows opening balance as 10000 pounds but closing balance as 20000 pounds.
2. Do I wait for an extra day to print the statement so it shows opening balance as 20000 pounds and closing balance as 20000 pounds too.
Or it really doesn't matter. Cos then again I read here that the money that made ur total Fees complete has to show.
I m a bit confused my interview is on Monday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by presiade(m): 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
perfect08: Good day to the gurus in the house, I came across this thread while searching for solution for my current challenge. I read through this thread and I really appreciate the info on this thread.

Go and do the test at another UKBA recommended hospital. spending about N20k is far better than loosing the sponsorship.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2014
agates: @ justwise please I would like to make a clarification about the statement of account.
1. Does the opening balance have to show the complete funds. For instance I m supposed to have 20000 pounds as maintainable and fees now I deposited 10000 pounds on the 19th into my account. When I printed my statement after 28 days it shows opening balance as 10000 pounds but closing balance as 20000 pounds.
2. Do I wait for an extra day to print the statement so it shows opening balance as 20000 pounds and closing balance as 20000 pounds too.
Or it really doesn't matter. Cos then again I read here that the money that made ur total Fees complete has to show.
I m a bit confused my interview is on Monday

Your 28days counting starts from the day you deposited the complete money into your bank account...e.g, if your total maintenance money is £200 and you deposited £100 on the 1st of July and another £100 on the 5th of July..your 28days counting starts from 5th of July and NOT 1st of July.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 1:47pm On Jul 18, 2014
presiade:
Go and do the test at another UKBA recommended hospital. spending about N20k is far better than loosing the sponsorship.

@presiade Thank you for the response. But is that possible? I had the same intention before but the nurse said their system in other test center will reject it. I thought how that could be possible unless they use my passport number as a unique identifier. Do you think the nurse is lying?

Thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by presiade(m): 1:52pm On Jul 18, 2014
^^Well, if I were in you shoes, I would just go and enquire from another center and let them tell me they won't conduct the test for me...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
presiade: ^^Well, if I were in you shoes, I would just go and enquire from another center and let them tell me they won't conduct the test for me...

Okay, Thanks. I'll put a call through to their Lagos Center.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2014
perfect08:

@spikesC Thank you for the prompt response. I think I'll go with your advice on that and take the risk. but I thought pbs tier 4 student Visa application processing takes just 5-10 working days. The 3 weeks you quoted is baffling me. Can they give me a special consideration and hasten the processing of my visa given the information on my CAS?

Thank you once again. God bless you abundantly

officially, it takes 15 working days, but depending on how fast the application center is and the period you submitted, it can even go as low as 2 working days.
I'll advise you submit at Abuja or Ikeja. They are fast in that order of preference
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by perfect08(m): 3:00pm On Jul 18, 2014
spikesC:

officially, it takes 15 working days, but depending on how fast the application center is and the period you submitted, it can even go as low as 2 working days.
I'll advise you submit at Abuja or Ikeja. They are fast in that order of preference

Thank you @spikesC. More Grace to you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
Help please!

When filling the visa application form..at the question that asks how you intend to show you have the required maintenance fees...I filled in statement of account and reference letter.....
I later learnt here that the bank ref letter is unnecessary if the stated account is mine. It is

But I had already submitted
At the bank today I was told the reference letter is for current accounts only . Mine is savings. I was also told my statement is good for the process.
So I have only bank statement of account

But I am worried about possible penalties for not being able to provide the letter I stated I would next week.
Please what do you guys suggest I do?
I am thinking of writing a letter saying I did not know ref letter is for current account holders when I was filling my form? Is this okay? Or is there any other suggestion?
Thank you.
embarassed
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hi Guys,

I applied for my tier 4 visa on the 3rd of July at the new VI place and till now I haven't heard anything from them. I am meant to travel out of the country next weekend for work and would need my passport. I called the UK Abuja number and was told that all VI applications are sent to Sheffield, please I need to know if there is a strong possibility that my passport will be out before Friday next week. I am so so worried. I had no idea it would take this long....

Your thoughts please...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by sashacoleman: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2014
if I had known that VI applications are sent to Sheffield, I would have just applied in Ikeja. Is Sheffield slower than Abuja?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2014
milychocs: Help please!

When filling the visa application form..at the question that asks how you intend to show you have the required maintenance fees...I filled in statement of account and reference letter.....
I later learnt here that the bank ref letter is unnecessary if the stated account is mine. It is

But I had already submitted
At the bank today I was told the reference letter is for current accounts only . Mine is savings. I was also told my statement is good for the process.
So I have only bank statement of account

But I am worried about possible penalties for not being able to provide the letter I stated I would next week.
Please what do you guys suggest I do?
I am thinking of writing a letter saying I did not know ref letter is for current account holders when I was filling my form? Is this okay? Or is there any other suggestion?
Thank you.
embarassed

If you met all requirements then not submitting ref shouldn't be a problem. Its not part of requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2014
sashacoleman: Hi Guys,

I applied for my tier 4 visa on the 3rd of July at the new VI place and till now I haven't heard anything from them. I am meant to travel out of the country next weekend for work and would need my passport. I called the UK Abuja number and was told that all VI applications are sent to Sheffield, please I need to know if there is a strong possibility that my passport will be out before Friday next week. I am so so worried. I had no idea it would take this long....

Your thoughts please...

Summer is a busy time and application sometimes takes longer than 15 working days, you should have applied easier enough, finger crossed you may be luck to get it next week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 18, 2014
justwise:

If you met all requirements then not submitting ref shouldn't be a problem. Its not part of requirements.

Thank you @justwise!
I almost became ill with worry

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 3:06am On Jul 19, 2014
hasan123: You mean that closing balance date should not be earlier then 31 days before I've made the application?
Well I've made the Application on 4th of July So the closing balance date should be 3rd of June? It can not be earlier than that?
Because the Maintenance funds and the remaining visa fee was in my account like from few months? but the bank statement shows that the last cheque I've submitted was on 10th of June.
Is this something wrong in it? Like I heard that UKBA needs a statement of 28 days funds in your bank accounts.
Actually can you tell me what do you mean by the "Closing date"?
So that I can explain you more easily.
Regards,
Hasan.
The 31 days thing means that if the date of "closing balance" on your statement is 1st July, for instance, you can only use the statement on or before 1st August (31 days).
It's not something to bother about since you will print a day or 2 days to your appointment date. That's just UKBA policy statement.

Since your money had been complete from 9th June and you have interview on 14th June, just print statement from 09th June to 13th July. That's perfect for you and don't worry that it's more than 28 days. The 28-day thing is the least period.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by hasan123: 3:40am On Jul 19, 2014
Great.
Thanks a lot. I'll tell you the result. You've been really helping.
Regards
Hasan

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justabox14: 8:38am On Jul 19, 2014
Please, experts in the house ,l need your help. l have a Nigeria international e-passport which would expire on 24th December 2014 and l have used it to travel many times since 2010 when it was issued. l would like to apply for a-tier 4 visa for a PhD program in July 31st 2014. Do you advice if l should renew my passport or use this present one to apply for the visa ? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:08am On Jul 19, 2014
justabox14: Please, experts in the house ,l need your help. l have a Nigeria international e-passport which would expire on 24th December 2014 and l have used it to travel many times since 2010 when it was issued. l would like to apply for a-tier 4 visa for a PhD program in July 31st 2014. Do you advice if l should renew my passport or use this present one to apply for the visa ? Thanks

You need to renew it first before applying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justabox14: 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
Thanks,Justwise. That`s exactly what l had planned
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 11:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
@justwise baba, spikesC and my masters On point
1. Pls wen is the best time to go in for the TB test as my 28 days ll be due August 18 but intend to put a day of grace
2. When do i put in my application since my bank details ll be due 18th August, do I start the online form now so I can make payment on the 19th
3. Also can I book for appointment for interview even before paying for the visa fees
4. There is something I want to draw your attension to, my birth certificate has just my surname and one of my name while the other name has been a different one from the one have been using since my secondary school.
My question is would I have a problem with that
E.g rashid uzo Ugo
Rashid john Ugo
Or do I remove the birth cert. from my document am sending to the visa office
Please I need your help on this one
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:58pm On Jul 19, 2014
bidibudi: @justwise baba, spikesC and my masters On point
1. Pls wen is the best time to go in for the TB test as my 28 days ll be due August 18 but intend to put a day of grace
2. When do i put in my application since my bank details ll be due 18th August, do I start the online form now so I can make payment on the 19th
3. Also can I book for appointment for interview even before paying for the visa fees
4. There is something I want to draw your attension to, my birth certificate has just my surname and one of my name while the other name has been a different one from the one have been using since my secondary school.
My question is would I have a problem with that
E.g rashid uzo Ugo
Rashid john Ugo
Or do I remove the birth cert. from my document am sending to the visa office
Please I need your help on this one

1. you can go for the TB test now. the earlier the better as you have to book via phone.

2. Yes

3. No. you must pay 3hours after you book your appointment, else the appointment will be cancelled

4. If the maintenance money is in your personal account, remove the birth certificate, else, swear an affidavit.
But try and get a new birth certificate later for future purposes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:29am On Jul 20, 2014
hasan123: Well my money which was required to show for 28 days was in my bank account from like November. but the closing balance date was 30th of June? Is this Okay? because my bank statement was from 09th of June to 10th of July? Is there anything wrong which will cause my visa to be rejected?

What do you mean by the statement in bold? I do hope my later response made things clear.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 5:39am On Jul 20, 2014
dspy45: @DonOms, tanx. Its actually july 10th – august 8th buh I figured. Well will print 11th cos 9th and 10th falls during the weekend. And I also intend to apply probably 11th or 12th of august so I can get an early interview date for submission.

Please pardon the error. I just noticed you made deposits 10th July (not 10th June) and I have edited my initial response. I saw your other post too, and yes, you are on the right track. Just so you know, your 28th day is on the 7th August.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 7:01am On Jul 20, 2014
Hello I'm new here,just want to ask what other centers for tuberculosis test are accepted for UK student visa?aside from the one IOM
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 7:11am On Jul 20, 2014
My course is for 12mos program do I need to have the 12mos fee plus the 9mos maintenance or 9mos fee plus 9 mos maintenance is acceptable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 7:16am On Jul 20, 2014
Can go to any teaching hospital for my tuberculosis test?like luth or oouth?are they accredited for UK visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ocheejemb: 10:29am On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85: Can go to any teaching hospital for my tuberculosis test?like luth or oouth?are they accredited for UK visa?

No, you can onlu use IOM. Says so here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-nigeria/tuberculosis-testing-in-nigeria

1. Approved test clinics
You must be tested for tuberculosis if you are coming to the UK for more than 6 months and a resident of Nigeria or Benin.

Your test must be from a clinic approved by the Home Office. We will not accept a tuberculosis test certificate from a clinic we haven’t approved.

The following are approved clinics in Nigeria. There are no approved clinics in Benin, so if you’re from there you’ll need to travel to Nigeria to be tested.

1.1 Lagos
Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC)
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
74B, Sir Michael Otedola Crescent, off Joel Ogunnaike Street
G.R.A. Ikeja
Lagos
Tel: +234(0) 807 219 1112, or
+234 (0) 80 2226 4059, or
+234 (0) 90 9215 6079

Email: IOM medical booking

1.2 Abuja
Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC)
International Organization for Migration (IOM)
No. 4, Buchannan Close, off Buchannan Crescent, off Amino Kano Crescent
Wuse 11
AbujaTel: +234(0) 807 219 1122, or
+234 (0) 80 9563 7898, or
+234 (0) 80 8522 1427

Email: IOM medical booking

2. Attending the clinic
You should contact the above approved clinic to book an appointment. You should make it clear that you need the test for a UK visa application. You can expect to get an appointment within a few days of your request. At busy times you may have to wait 10 days for an appointment, especially during the UK student visa peak season between June and September. We cannot arrange or prioritise appointments for you.

3. What you should bring with you
proof of identification, which contains your photograph, preferably your passport;
tuberculosis test fee; and
if you have had tuberculosis in the past or have any other lung disease you should provide details of your previous screening and, if possible, your medical notes and x-ray results.
If you would like an appointment with a female clinician, please inform the clinic when you schedule your appointment.

If you need to cancel your appointment you should contact the clinic and refer to their cancellation policy and procedure.

4. Test fees
The fee for tuberculosis screening is 130 US Dollars (or its equivalent in Naira). The fee will be payable in local currency at the prevailing exchange rate advised by the IOM. You will pay the IOM directly for the cost of your tuberculosis test. The cost of the test is in addition to the visa application fee.

The test fee does not cover treatment if you have tuberculosis.

Contents

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.