Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,404 members, 7,891,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:44 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 - Travel (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 (871531 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (503) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:09pm On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85:

My school fees is 12090 I deposited 990 so making 11100pounds maintenance is 7380 I deposited 240 so making 7140pounds so d total is 18240pounds equivalent of 5m and 57knaira

I see, thought you deposited 9900.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2014
Chaze85: Pls my last question or clarification I hope the gurus are not annoyed my tution fee is 12090pounds and I paid 990 for deposit,my maintenance is 7380pounds for outside UK and I pay 240 for accomodation after that I deposited 5m naira to my savings bank fir the counting of 28days last july 4,last friday I deposited again 40k naira now making 5m and 40k pls can u help me with the calculation f I can pass the maintenance fund for UK,is my maintenance fund ok?or I will have problem?I hope my question is clearer now

You shouldn't have done that because you have restarted the 28days count from last Friday when you paid in that 40k.

Pay more school fees deposit to your school and get your CAS updated or deposit about £300 or more for accommodation and get the receipt and attach it to your visa application package.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by gmolen(m): 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2014
Many thanks Justwise, SpikeC an others for the great job you guys are doing here. Please, I just want to be sure that my calculations and preparations are in order based on what I have read so far here. I deposited the required fund into my account on the 18th of July From my calculations, the 28th day will be on the 15th of August, being a Friday. To be on the safe side, I plan printing on the 18th of August (the 31st day), being Monday since I cant do so on Saturday and Sunday (though I would have preferred any of these days), pay for my online application on Tuesday and book an appointment for Wednesday. Please, am I in order? Secondly, below are the documents I am hoping to use for my application
1. The degree cert with which I got my admission and which is also stated on my CAS
2. My CAS
3. My passport
4. Bank Statement
5. TB test result
6. My visa online application print out
7. My study leave with pay approval letter from my employer (I know this is not mandatory, I just want to include it to add credence to my application)
Please, is there anything I am missing out? Thanks all as I await your invaluable comments
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 11:03pm On Jul 20, 2014
Thank you for all ur reply it really help me a lot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by jidecole23: 11:04pm On Jul 20, 2014
justwise:

Contact your school first about this, they may allow you to use alternative bank account to receive the money

Thank you I will do that and let u guys know what their response is.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 11:10pm On Jul 20, 2014
Pls I want to ask another question I paid my accomodation deposit in first bank and it went thru cos d hostel emailed me stating they received d deposit,my question are:
1. The accomodation didnot give me receipt just notification set receive it however I have d reciept of my payment coming from first bank can I use it in applying visa?
2. In the receipt there's no wriiten for accomodation payment just the amount,is it acceptable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 12:26am On Jul 21, 2014
Chaze85: Pls I want to ask another question I paid my accomodation deposit in first bank and it went thru cos d hostel emailed me stating they received d deposit,my question are:
1. The accomodation didnot give me receipt just notification set receive it however I have d reciept of my payment coming from first bank can I use it in applying visa?
2. In the receipt there's no wriiten for accomodation payment just the amount,is it acceptable?

Is it school accommodation? Have you received your CAS? The accommodation payment should show on your CAS, and you wouldn't need a receipt.
If the above doesn't apply, you can ask for a receipt and if no receipt is available, I believe the combination of the "notification set" AND your FirstBank payment receipt should suffice.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 5:08am On Jul 21, 2014
[quote author=DonOms]

Is it school accommodation? Have you received your CAS? The accommodation payment should show on your CAS, and you wouldn't need a receipt.
If the above doesn't apply, you can ask for a receipt and if no receipt is available, I believe the combination of the "notification set" AND your FirstBank payment receipt should suffice.

Yes it's a school accommodation,I do have my CAS but it didn't show that I paid for my accomodation because I paid the CAS deposit earlier than the accomodation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ojoawo(m): 8:25am On Jul 21, 2014
please, i am very sorry for this ignorant question i am about to pose, the thread has gotten really lengthy i have no clue where to get my answers from, as am sure they had already been answered.

I am a fresh graduate (yet to go on youth service). I am planning on starting my masters next year. i had always thought I could never go to the UK for study but right now, it seems more likely than others that the UK might be my destination eventually due to family preference. I hence, decided to seek pro help from people here on what i need to know and prepare for.

1. What university is the best to consider for a masters course in mechanical engineering. and the tuition fees.
2. Is the youth service compulsory to secure a uk student visa since i might only get passed out in november next year and am sure school starts earlier than that.
3. I would be very appreciative if someone can help discuss exactly how much the 1year study will cost, inclusive of tuition, accomodation, maintenace, living costs etc. or point me to a link that i might get that information from.
4. What are the requirements that guarantee a study visa to be approved. the official requirements and the requirements that actually ensure getting the visa (from those with experience)
5. How is living in the uk and what do i need to consider in picking a destination in the uk for my studies.

I would be glad if someone helped me out to discuss this or point me to a link that does that.

Thanks in advance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 9:58am On Jul 21, 2014
Chaze85: Yes it's a school accommodation,I do have my CAS but it didn't show that I paid for my accomodation because I paid the CAS deposit earlier than the accomodation

Request for a receipt then or ask them for an updated CAS. Tell them it's for the purpose of Visa Application so they'll advice you on what to do. Actually, the CAS you have is not exactly the same thing the UKBA have - UKBA is given much more information and I'm sure that accommodation money is known to UKBA already. But, please confirm from your school.

As for your money which you fear may be short of £30 pounds, why not pay about £100 pounds towards accommodation so that you'll have rest of mind.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:12am On Jul 21, 2014
ojoawo: please, i am very sorry for this ignorant question i am about to pose, the thread has gotten really lengthy i have no clue where to get my answers from, as am sure they had already been answered.

I am a fresh graduate (yet to go on youth service). I am planning on starting my masters next year. i had always thought I could never go to the UK for study but right now, it seems more likely than others that the UK might be my destination eventually due to family preference. I hence, decided to seek pro help from people here on what i need to know and prepare for.

1. What university is the best to consider for a masters course in mechanical engineering. and the tuition fees.
2. Is the youth service compulsory to secure a uk student visa since i might only get passed out in november next year and am sure school starts earlier than that.
3. I would be very appreciative if someone can help discuss exactly how much the 1year study will cost, inclusive of tuition, accomodation, maintenace, living costs etc. or point me to a link that i might get that information from.
4. What are the requirements that guarantee a study visa to be approved. the official requirements and the requirements that actually ensure getting the visa (from those with experience)
5. How is living in the uk and what do i need to consider in picking a destination in the uk for my studies.

I would be glad if someone helped me out to discuss this or point me to a link that does that.

Thanks in advance

One step at a time. First, consider your choice of schools. This link should be your first destination:
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/

Then research schools that offer Mech. Engineering and have reasonably high rankings. Compare locations of such schools with your interests and look at the school website to get info on the modules to be offered, scholarships, fees, admission requirements e.t.c.

Once you have all the above info and picked a few schools of interest, then begin preparation of meeting admission requirements (NYSC doesn't concern UK).

Apart from tuition, which varies in different schools, you will need maintenance funds (living expense + accommodation) which will be determined by your school's location (London & it's boroughs about 12000/year, then other parts about 9800/year estimates)

Your choice of environment may influence your choice of school as much as tuition and academic modules/history can. The choice is yours to make by researching the info. As for the visa, get your school admission first then you can start asking about visa requirements (which of course will be much more clearer to you by then)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by DonOms(m): 10:20am On Jul 21, 2014
gmolen: Many thanks Justwise, SpikeC an others for the great job you guys are doing here. Please, I just want to be sure that my calculations and preparations are in order based on what I have read so far here. I deposited the required fund into my account on the 18th of July From my calculations, the 28th day will be on the 15th of August, being a Friday. To be on the safe side, I plan printing on the 18th of August (the 31st day), being Monday since I cant do so on Saturday and Sunday (though I would have preferred any of these days), pay for my online application on Tuesday and book an appointment for Wednesday. Please, am I in order? Secondly, below are the documents I am hoping to use for my application
1. The degree cert with which I got my admission and which is also stated on my CAS
2. My CAS
3. My passport
4. Bank Statement
5. TB test result
7. My study leave with pay approval letter from my employer (I know this is not mandatory, I just want to include it to add credence to my application)
Please, is there anything I am missing out? Thanks all as I await your invaluable comments

You're quite on the right track. However, note that if you submit (or pay) your application on that Tuesday, you may not get appointment for Wednesday, so be prepared for that.
I believe the bank statement is for your personal account and the only document stated in your CAS is your Degree Certificate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by ojoawo(m): 10:30am On Jul 21, 2014
DonOms:

One step at a time. First, consider your choice of schools. This link should be your first destination:
http://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/

Then research schools that offer Mech. Engineering and have reasonably high rankings. Compare locations of such schools with your interests and look at the school website to get info on the modules to be offered, scholarships, fees, admission requirements e.t.c.

Once you have all the above info and picked a few schools of interest, then begin preparation of meeting admission requirements (NYSC doesn't concern UK).

Apart from tuition, which varies in different schools, you will need maintenance funds (living expense + accommodation) which will be determined by your school's location (London & it's boroughs about 12000/year, then other parts about 9800/year estimates)

Your choice of environment may influence your choice of school as much as tuition and academic modules/history can. The choice is yours to make by researching the info. As for the visa, get your school admission first then you can start asking about visa requirements (which of course will be much more clearer to you by then)

#respect
i will get started on getting the information about admissions. i really appreciate

i just hope you wont mind if am back to ask more questions.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 11:09am On Jul 21, 2014
hello guyz pls i need advice again,i book an appointment for tb test and they told me i must go to them by august 12,my course will start on September 8,pls may i know if I can still make it through my visa?or it will be very late?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 11:19am On Jul 21, 2014
DonOms:

Request for a receipt then or ask them for an updated CAS. Tell them it's for the purpose of Visa Application so they'll advice you on what to do. Actually, the CAS you have is not exactly the same thing the UKBA have - UKBA is given much more information and I'm sure that accommodation money is known to UKBA already. But, please confirm from your school.

As for your money which you fear may be short of £30 pounds, why not pay about £100 pounds towards accommodation so that you'll have rest of mind.

Ok I will do it, I emailed the people in charge of the accommodation in the university if I can pay again but they didnot reply me yet
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:22am On Jul 21, 2014
Chaze85: hello guyz pls i need advice again,i book an appointment for tb test and they told me i must go to them by august 12,my course will start on September 8,pls may i know if I can still make it through my visa?or it will be very late?

Yes, you can
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 11:29am On Jul 21, 2014
spikesC:

Yes, you can

how long will it take to process student visa teir4 in lagos?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Thicking: 11:35am On Jul 21, 2014
Hi @Justwise. please can i get your email address? I wish to send an email to you. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 11:40am On Jul 21, 2014
Chaze85:

how long will it take to process student visa teir4 in lagos?

Maximum of 15 working days.
Abuja and Ikeja are usually faster, in that order
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 12:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
spikesC:

Maximum of 15 working days.
Abuja and Ikeja are usually faster, in that order

thank you so much, how about the tb test result?it will take how many days for the result to be out?thank you I highly appreciated all your answers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 12:16pm On Jul 21, 2014
Thicking: Hi @Justwise. please can i get your email address? I wish to send an email to you. Thanks

Stopped dropping my email addy here years ago, pls ask your question here as long as its visa related issue or admission issue. If its very very private then use nairaland email system.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 12:48pm On Jul 21, 2014
Chaze85:

thank you so much, how about the tb test result?it will take how many days for the result to be out?thank you I highly appreciated all your answers

The next day. You're welcome cool
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by guiddoti: 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Chaze85:

My school fees is 12090 I deposited 990 so making 11100pounds maintenance is 7380 I deposited 240 so making 7140pounds so d total is 18240pounds equivalent of 5m and 57knaira
From what I could understand about your plight. Your school fees + maintenance fund sum( 12090 + 7380= 19470) Now, you have paid a deposit of school fees + accommodation( 990 + 240 = 1230). Subtracting 19470- 1230= 18240.
If you use @280 for a pound. Divide by 5million, what you will have be insufficiently to balance 18240. Or, @ what rate did you use to calculate yours.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by bidibudi: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
gmolen: Many thanks Justwise, SpikeC an others for the great job you guys are doing here. Please, I just want to be sure that my calculations and preparations are in order based on what I have read so far here. I deposited the required fund into my account on the 18th of July From my calculations, the 28th day will be on the 15th of August, being a Friday. To be on the safe side, I plan printing on the 18th of August (the 31st day), being Monday since I cant do so on Saturday and Sunday (though I would have preferred any of these days), pay for my online application on Tuesday and book an appointment for Wednesday. Please, am I in order? Secondly, below are the documents I am hoping to use for my application
2. My CAS
3. My passport
4. Bank Statement
5. TB test result
Don't forget your oanda print out for currency exchange for the day in which you are submitting your application
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
[quote author=guiddoti] From what I could understand about your plight. Your school fees + maintenance fund sum( 12090 + 7380= 19470) Now, you have paid a deposit of school fees + accommodation( 990 + 240 = 1230). Subtracting 19470- 1230= 18240.
If you use @280 for a pound. Divide by 5million, what you will have be insufficiently to balance 18240. Or, @ what rate did you use to calculate yours. [/quote

Yes its insufficient i do have £18122 in the bank out of 18240
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello Justwise, my younger brother would be going for a short medical course at liverpool just for a month, he is a medical student at University of ghana and they send them for attachment at affiliate univeristies worldwide. Please my mum is planning to scan and send him ,her account statement and letter of sponsor. So that he can print is out and add it to his.student visitors visa application, please will the embassy honor her scanned bank statement and letter?. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello pls i have 5m and 20k naira in my account,my school fees is £12090 and i paid 990 for deposit while my maintenance is £7380 and i paid 240 deposit for accomodation,how much naira or pounds do i need more?cos my calculation is different
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by justwise(m): 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
paradisewoods: Hello Justwise, my younger brother would be going for a short medical course at liverpool just for a month, he is a medical student at University of ghana and they send them for attachment at affiliate univeristies worldwide. Please my mum is planning to scan and send him ,her account statement and letter of sponsor. So that he can print is out and add it to his.student visitors visa application, please will the embassy honor her scanned bank statement and letter?. Thanks

She needs to give him original bank statement and not scanned copy.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by paradisewoods: 2:47pm On Jul 21, 2014
bidibudi:
Don't forget your oanda print out for currency exchange for the day in which you are submitting your application
Please bidibudi, i went to.oanda to check the rate , my problem is which rate should i follow? The ask bid or sell bid? Do i need to change the interchange rate of leave is at 0 %. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 3:46pm On Jul 21, 2014
paradisewoods:
Please bidibudi, i went to.oanda to check the rate , my problem is which rate should i follow? The ask bid or sell bid? Do i need to change the interchange rate of leave is at 0 %. Thanks

Leave it as is.

Logically, it is the buying bid of Nigerian Naira to British Pounds.

Chaze85: Hello pls i have 5m and 20k naira in my account,my school fees is £12090 and i paid 990 for deposit while my maintenance is £7380 and i paid 240 deposit for accomodation,how much naira or pounds do i need more?cos my calculation is different

Do your calculation with this site. That is the official conversion they use
http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

It is always good to make extra deposits incase of those flunctuations.
Currently, the buying bid is 280. I would advise you calculate yours with 285 and pay the school what ever is short of the amount in your bank account. You can pay it as more school fees deposit and ask them to give you a new CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by Chaze85: 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
spikesC:

Leave it as is.

Logically, it is the buying bid of Nigerian Naira to British Pounds.

Do your calculation with this site. That is the official conversion they use
http://www.oanda.com/currency/converter/

It is always good to make extra deposits incase of those flunctuations.
Currently, the buying bid is 280. I would advise you calculate yours with 285 and pay the school what ever is short of the amount in your bank account. You can pay it as more school fees deposit and ask them to give you a new CAS

Thank you,i calculated it at oanda thru buying bid and I'm short of £360,i know realize my mistake that i keep on computing thru selling.anyhow I'm planning to add it as payment of accomodation rather than paying for school fees because they might delay to give me new CAS,i dnt know which one is better or acceptable?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 by spikesC(m): 5:40pm On Jul 21, 2014
Chaze85:

Thank you,i calculated it at oanda thru buying bid and I'm short of £360,i know realize my mistake that i keep on computing thru selling.anyhow I'm planning to add it as payment of accomodation rather than paying for school fees because they might delay to give me new CAS,i dnt know which one is better or acceptable?

Anyone is acceptable. I would prefer all the info to be in the CAS. You still have a lotta time and CAS doesn't take up to a week.
Infact, all my CAS has always been out same day payment was confirmed. The little secret is that i always call them whenever i need something urgently instead of just mailing them.
If the query requires an email communication, i will send the email and call them immediately, and they will confirm receipt of the email and attend to it immediately, WHILE AM STILL ON THE PHONE WITH THEM.

Also pay 400 or 450 just incase. This period pounds can go upto 285

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (503)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 / German Embassy And Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.