Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,125 members, 7,900,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 03:11 AM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73722 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by deadie(m): 1:29am On Dec 18, 2011
This Middle Eastern mythology called religion sure have lots of dumb followers.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by obirock(m): 1:35am On Dec 18, 2011
Festus Keyamo where art thou? Please sue the ass off this Jet owner and help restore the poor girl's dignity.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Kilode1: 1:38am On Dec 18, 2011
JamesDoe:

At kilode?

Celebrity crime or dirty disgusting non celebrity crime!

I think a combo crime section is needed. It was a dirty disgusting crime commited by a celebrity against a helpless non-celebrity.  embarassed
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 1:45am On Dec 18, 2011
Dr Know:

There is a campaign going on facebook to find the girl and lawyers are ready to help her

http://www.facebook.com/debbieariyo/posts/10150539032826753

Can we please pass this around please. this witchcraft madness must stop. What if you were labeled a witch and killed? it could be any one of us? Please thousands of children are killed every year cause of this ignorance and stupidity.  please if you know the girl in question, contact www.afruca.org
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by aloyemeka1: 1:47am On Dec 18, 2011
tpia@:

Well, sad event but i hope the lady now understands the difference between witchines and Jesus?

That slap might have saved her life or sanity for all she knows.

Speaking as an impartial observer.

Smh, so Helen Ukapio burning children's hands in the name of deliverance was a good deed?. What is the difference between what the Aqua Ibom queen did and what bishop Oyedepo did?. She might have saved their lives with the burns, who knows abi?. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tpia5: 1:50am On Dec 18, 2011
^Your words not mine.

I dont make sick comparisons of that nature- that's your forte.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 1:55am On Dec 18, 2011
Nigeria can never be short of drama. Just when you are seemingly moody, you can laugh your a$ss$$ die on this forum.

"you are a foul devil, you are free to go to hell"  That legendary Nigerian question: do you know who you are talking to? Hmnn

It's sad and unfortunate that some people called this a spiritual slap (whatever that means  grin grin grin grin) just to justify and  defend Oyedepo and his imported religion!
The right thing to do is to arrest , prosecute and possibly jail him. Best case scenario, he should be made to apologise and pay compensation to the hapless girl who probably was forced to go to Church.

Is it not the same church that owns Covenant University where members can not afford to educate their wards due to exorbitant tuition fees and yet the bishop is using one of the most expensive jets in the world?  Why can't people even agree to go hell and forget about these crooks sucking them dry each and everyday? Make a decision to go to hell today and enjoy your life to the fullest. Be a witch, a wizard and sin boldly. You ll not be lonely in hell as I will surely be there with you.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by DrKnow1(m): 2:01am On Dec 18, 2011
Is the bishop told he will make it to heaven? Remember it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by DrKnow1(m): 2:01am On Dec 18, 2011
bayooooooo:

Nigeria can never be short of drama. Just when you are seemingly moody, you can laugh your a$ss$$ die on this forum.

"you are a foul devil, you are free to go to hell"  That legendary Nigerian question: do you know who you are talking to? Hmnn

It's sad and unfortunate that some people called this a spiritual slap (whatever that means  grin grin grin grin) just to justify and  defend Oyedepo and his imported religion!
The right thing to do is to arrest , prosecute and possibly jail him. Best case scenario, he should be made to apologise and pay compensation to the hapless girl who probably was forced to go to Church.

Is it not the same church that owns Covenant University where members can not afford to educate their wards due to exorbitant tuition fees and yet the bishop is using one of the most expensive jets in the world?  Why can't people even agree to go hell and forget about these crooks sucking them dry each and everyday? Make a decision to go to hell today and enjoy your life to the fullest. Be a witch, a wizard and sin boldly. You ll not be lonely in hell as I will surely be there with you.

Even the said bishop will be the first to be there.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 2:03am On Dec 18, 2011
ogaju007:

Can we please pass this around please. this witchcraft madness must stop. What if you were labeled a witch and killed? it could be any one of us? Please thousands of children are killed every year cause of this ignorance and stupidity. please if you know the girl in question, contact www.afruca.org
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by sledge406: 2:07am On Dec 18, 2011
@Stagger,

Your words prompted my response on this issue. If it was an OUT CALL to all witches in the Shiloh 2009, does that mean the young lad from Jos who had sex in his dream was a witch too? If over the years, the powerful name of Jesus has been one known not to be uttered by "powerless forces" and the name weakens knees, how was she able to call herself a "winch for Jesus" and not fall or roll like someone with epilepsy?

People have tagged Jay Jay Okocha a "witch of football" but how many times was he slapped or how many times was he rebuked?

Please do answer these few questions lemme know what exactly you are about since you are a follower of "Man" and not "God".
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Profkenny1(m): 2:08am On Dec 18, 2011
For those looking for the young girl, It's very likely she must have died because I know she must have tried to retaliate by striking the Bishop in the spiritual realm which would have costed her her precious life, JESUS IS LORD!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 2:14am On Dec 18, 2011
Prof kenny:

For those looking for the young girl, It's very likely she must have died because I know she must have tried to retaliate by striking the Bishop in the spiritual realm which would have costed her her precious life, JESUS IS LORD!

you're the definition of the word daft. we are talking of child abuse you're talking crap. what rubbish spiritual warfare are you undisciplined ppl fighting. who is fighting against you? my friend i think you seriously have a mental problem . you and your fraudulent oyedobo .
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 2:22am On Dec 18, 2011
hope is not because of this issue you people are not sleeping, don't give God excuse you are not going to church this morning, that will not be good at all to be sincere, I'm going to bed now, mind u my church is beside my house I know how i arrange myself.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Profkenny1(m): 2:31am On Dec 18, 2011
I'm loving this thread, grin I think it's nice to see young men fight over needless issues.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ogaju007(m): 2:39am On Dec 18, 2011
Prof kenny:

I'm loving this thread, grin I think it's nice to see young men fight over needless issues.

grin you can call it needless now im sure youl'd change your mind if your daughter, sister or mother was slapped by a guy, and what is the needfull issue? some story of some guy dying 2000 years ago for your sin grin come off it the guy didn't even know your fore fathers.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tpia5: 2:43am On Dec 18, 2011
Yes oh, they were never slapped by their parents IN NIGERIA whle growing up.

In some really strict churches, any elder can discipline you back in the day if you step out of line and guess what- did we have the high level of fornication, nonsense and lackadasical christians who have taken over the churches today.

People who dont know their left from their right.

Imo, its far better to slap yourself before God himself slaps you but what do i know.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by curioscat: 2:48am On Dec 18, 2011
To all you ignorant blasphemers, may the curse of madelyn o'hare be on you all.
so much venomenous words coming from mouths that do not know anything about the occult world. WITCHES EXISTS! and should be treated as such.
For you muslims and atheists on this forum, mind the way you talk about christians, we do not go about insulting ur freethinking,prophet mohammed, sangos et al, you have chosen ur path in religion so allow us to follow the path we believe in, even the great prophet Elisha called on a wild animal to maul those that mocked him(2 kings 2v24 )talkless of Oyedepo and this so called 'witch' who was mocking the church by her  manner.
what I thank God for is that everyman will one day face judgement and you will meet the so called person you hate so much!
Tpia@, stagger, and omopastor ride on! they can only insult us and call us names but they will never quench the fire of the church which is the body of christ.
continue with the insults, we dont care!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by BlueMagic2(m): 2:58am On Dec 18, 2011
4k Oyedepo. Is d same way he runs his school. I wish he wld slap me, i wish he wld. And he says he is a man of God. Who is he 2 judge any1. Like he is not a sinner like all of us. 4k him 4king hypocrite.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by eagleu: 3:05am On Dec 18, 2011
tpia@:

Yes oh, they were never slapped by their parents IN NIGERIA whle growing up.

In some really strict churches, any elder can discipline you back in the day if you step out of line and guess what- did we have the high level of fornication, nonsense and lackadasical christians who have taken over the churches today.

Imo, its far better to slap yourself before God himself slaps you but what do i know.

This bishop's action is not Godly, it's the worst displace of arrogance, limited understanding of the context from which the poor girl was speaking from, and worst of all an abuse of a minor.
When you look at at this poor, ill looking girl, you'll understand that she's probably not very educated.
Being a witch, a thief, or a soldier for Jesus is a transliteration of an Igbo vernacular of the same concept, it doesn't mean she is admitting to being a witch in the real sense of the word.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by logica(m): 3:09am On Dec 18, 2011
LOL. The fumes generated by the mor0ns in here is so thick. I can hardly breathe.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by aloyemeka1: 3:31am On Dec 18, 2011
tpia@:

Yes oh, they were never slapped by their parents IN NIGERIA  whle growing up.

You are right because you know nothing. Parents discipline their kids when they do something wrong but Oyedepo slapped this little girl because she called herself a Jesus witch. How do you compare both?. Unless the girl is his out of wedlock child but I don't know who gave him the authority to abuse that girl in front of over 10,00 people. What will the slap solve for the girl assuming she is bewitched?. Will the slap deliver the girl from evil spirits?. What about cursing the girl further by telling her to go to hell?. Is that part of the healing process too?. Cunning adults like you has no place in this world because I am yet to understand why you suddenly fell in love with this sort of behavior but condemned Helen Ukpapio for using the same method to abuse Akwa Ibom kids. You are a 2 faced she devil.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:36am On Dec 18, 2011
tpia@:

That slap might have saved her life or sanity for all she knows.

Jeez! are you for real? The likes of you are the reason why these guys are in the business of milking vulnerable people. This video is already going viral and hopefully justice will prevail and that "CRIMINAL" will be charged for assault.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by eagleu: 3:37am On Dec 18, 2011
---- maybe they should arrest the crazy "bishop" for child abuse when next he comes to the USA undecided
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by logica(m): 3:38am On Dec 18, 2011
aloy/emeka:

[b]Cunning [/b]adults like you has no place in this world
Huh? You have to be INTELLIGENT to be considered cunning you know.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Jeezy: 3:54am On Dec 18, 2011
I dont agree that slaps should be handed out to people who are 'possessed' by witchcraft. How can she be willing to denounce witchcraft if she is possessed by it? If you are possessed by something, it means you do not have power over it. That's the whole point of deliverance - to release hold of the demonic influences on possessed people. Even if she was spiting the Bishop by coming out to say 'witch for Jesus', what stopped the Bishop from casting out the witch in her and setting her free to realize her folly?

How can someone who is possessed willingly decide that "ok, its time for me to seek help". Usually, they are totally controlled by the demons, and they dont come out easily. They come out fighting.

It's totally wrong for the Bishop to say 'you are free to go to hell'. Was it everyone that came to Jesus for deliverance that was sober. Jesus knew He had to cast out some demons forcefully to set the captives free. Just my opinion.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by cardoso111(m): 5:09am On Dec 18, 2011
A mad man became healed after receiving a volcanic slap from a passerby in Abeokuta;so it. Makes good sense to be served a dirty slap if needed
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ramalot(m): 5:14am On Dec 18, 2011
No comment
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 5:20am On Dec 18, 2011
OmoPastor:

OmoPastor

Allow me transcribe this girls encounter with the MOG for you:

MOG:, is broken in the name of Jesus.
Congregation: Amen
MOG: (talking to the girl) you've been there how long?
Girl: am not a "winch", I am a "winch" for Jesus.
MOG: you are what?
Girl: am, my own "winch" is for Jesus. I don't use,
MOG: you are a foul devil! Do you know who you are talking to? Foul devil (gives girl slap). Where are you from?
Girl: Am from Imo state.
MOG: when did you join witchcraft?
Girl: Am not a "winch", I am a "winch" for Jesus.
MOG: Jesus has not witches, you are a devil. You are not set for deliverance, you are free to go to hell.

@ dare2think
So, she came out only to be told she is not fit for 'deliverance'.
yea she came out for deliverance but she was surely not ready for deliverance. No one can force you into deliverance, you must willingly accept it. Did you listen to what she said? All you cared about was the slap which was actually as a result of her utterance. She was not fit for deliverance meaning she was not ready for deliverance, thats the reason the MOG said she was free (i.e @ her own will) to go to hell.

What warranted slapping her?
Her blasphemous utterance associating Jesus with devils activity which is witchcraft! It is not acceptable and very demonic statement. She knew what she was doing by say that. Do you think she came out for deliverance? She came out to utter those words in order to confuse the congregation and perpetrate her evil schemes. She deserved more than the slap but the slap was a demonstration of Jesus' victory over the devil who is her master. She was uttering what the devil put on her lips because she was surely possessed. So live with it bro!!!

Is Christianity not meant to be the religion of love?
Christianity is NOT a religion of love rather Christianity is love and love is Christianity.

Finally, you poster is clearly ignorant of what transpires in the spiritual realm. The devil is at constant war and struggle with God for the souls of men, so he does not play fair. He will do anything and everything to get the souls of men. If you are aware of this spiritual struggle, you will not be surprised at that slap because the implication of the girls statement is deep but you are blind and all you could see was the slap!

The girl is an agent and she was very bold to utter those words right before the MOG of that calibre! So she received just a token of disrespecting the MOG. But mind you, the words uttered by the MOG is even more devastating than the slap cos the girl must genuinely repent and seek forgiveness from the MOG which she will get if she's genuinely repented.

Have you ever been attacked by demonically possessed before? If you do not know anything about this, please stop the shout about the slap before you are slapped yourself.

People, can you now see that : THE ABILITY TO READ AND WRITE IS NOT A CONFIRMATION OF ENLIGHTENMENT?! This poster is a disgrace and a fanatic.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by cold(m): 5:36am On Dec 18, 2011
Even Oyedepo in his private moments would admit to himself that he did wrong.It was a spur of the moment decision that wasn't well thought through.If he has any sense of decency left,he should be humble enough to offer an apology even compensation.but being the typical arrogant Nigerian with an over bloated ego,he'll never admit he was in the wrong but find some scriptural verse to justify his action.So much for a so called Man of God
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by TenKobo1: 5:40am On Dec 18, 2011
[
quote]dare2think- I completely agree with your view. This is clear case of abuse. Should we abuse the 'flesh' (humans) in the name of God or in God's defense instead of dealing with the evil in them? We do not wrestle with flesh and blood. Where is wisdom? Jesus didn't beat Mary up before she was delivered from her demonic possession? Even when Ananias and Sapphira lied to Peter, they were not bitten up but Peter just spoke the word of God (not in judgement) but instead, what God had determined against them. God directly executed the judgement in this case. Physical abuse, especially without any positive outcome, has no biblical basis.

In my opinion, the girl surely need some form of help but completely naive and ignorant. This is reflected in her words. I would recommend taking her aside for further examination (private medical/spiritual counseling and deliverance session) instead of slapping her publicly and telling her to go to hell because she is not ready for deliverance. I think a little show of compassion could have made all the difference and not a public show!

I don't agree with this act in any way and those who feel that the the girl had the effrontery to confront the MOG of such 'caliber' should not forget that we all are humans but operating with grace under God.It is not to dispute whether the call of God on the life of the Bishop is genuine or not. We all should be able to discern the truth and operation of the spirit of God.

God help us Church.
You said it as it is.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by eyoniggar(m): 5:43am On Dec 18, 2011
From the way I can deeply observe the whole scenario, the gurl is not well educated, she made that statement out of her own
free will of expression. She meant by saying ~ I am not a evil witch, but a spiritual person powered by christ. Thats to my own perfect way of understanding.
Btwn, I thought the man of God was exorcising, but its more like terrorizing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (27) (Reply)

Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale / Apostle Suleman Exposed His Private Part To Stephanie Otobo - Keyamo Chamber / My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.