Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,293 members, 7,900,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:17 PM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73724 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Goshen360(m): 6:00am On Dec 18, 2011
@ omoPastor and others who have contributed to this thread defending the action of Oyedepo in the name of he being a "man of God", in the name of "touch not my anointed", and so on. Let me correct you in the light and truth of the word of God as a true christian and child of God.

When I gave my life to Christ, as a young Christian I was taught a lot of things by the church i was born again through then but when I was dedicated to give myself to indepth study of God's word, I found out many of the things we were doing then in that church IS UNBIBLICAL AND UNSCRIPTURAL IN THE CHURCH OF JESUS. I keep those things to myself anyway, less i start another explosion here on this forum. This is the way many christians are being taught unscriptural and unbiblical things all in the name that, they are men of God, I was born into that church, my father is the founder, I gave my life to christ in that such and so, we fail to take responsibilities for our generation.

Jesus was talking to His disciples in mark 8:14-21. Remember at this time Jesus was talking to the disciple, it was as though He was talking to Christian who are not yet mature in understanding of revelation but they are disciples(followers of Christ).

Mark 8:14-21

14 And they forgot to take bread, and except for one loaf, they did not have any with them in the boat.

15 And He charged them, saying, Watch! Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod.

16 And they reasoned with one another, saying, It is because we do not have bread.

17 And Jesus, knowing it, said to them, Why are you reasoning because you have no bread? Do you not yet perceive nor understand? Do you have your heart hardened?

18 Having eyes, do you not see? And having ears, do you not hear? And do you not remember?

19 When I broke the five loaves for the five thousand, how many handbaskets full of broken pieces did you take up? They said to Him, Twelve.

20 And when I broke the seven for the four thousand, how many baskets filled with broken pieces did you take up? And they said, Seven.

21 And He said to them, Do you not yet understand?

The leaven of the Pharisees is their hypocrisy and the leaven of Herod was his corruption and injustice in politics. The Bible says in Ephesians4:26. Be angry but sin not, And Paul say, Follow me even as I follow Christ.

I understand fully that we are human and prone to mistakes. As a man of God, Oyedepo is not perfect however, in this case Oyedepo is suppose to KNOW BETTER.

I know Oyedepo had over reacted and tried to defend his faith as there is nothing such as winch or witch for Christ in the bible BUT NOT TO HAVE GONE TO THE EXTEND OF SLAPPING OR HIT THE GIRL FOR ANY REASON. This what this thread is all about. If you cannot call evil, evil; call bad, bad and speak the truth not fearing any man regardless of who such man is, I wonder what kind of generation you will raise. If you cannot be faithful in little, I wonder how you will be faithful in much. OYEDEPO IS BIBLICALLY WRONG AND HITTING THE GIRL IS UNSCRIPTURAL. IF PEOPLE HAVE REACTED HERE ON THIS FORUM BASED ON OYEDEPO HIT THE GIRL THAT IT IS WRONG AND YOU ARE HERE DEFENDING HIM. DOES THAT MEAN IF OYEDEPO TELL YOU TO SLAP YOUR SISTER OR MOTHER, YOU WILL JUST GO AHEAD AND DO THAT JUST BECAUSE HE IS YOUR PASTOR OR BISHOP OR JUST BECAUSE HE IS A MAN OF GOD? OR IF OYEDEPO ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING AGAINST  THE WORD OF GOD, YOU WILL DO IT SAYING TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED OR BECAUSE HE IS ANOINTED HE CANNOT BE WRONG? I CAN GO ON AND ON BUT IN MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORD OF GOD, I DO NOT WANT TO GO DEEPER BECAUSE I MIGHT TAKE THIS ISSUE PERSONAL BUT I DO NOT WANT TO. HOWEVER, LET IT BE CLEAR THAT OYEDEPO IS WRONG.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by uanyanti: 6:02am On Dec 18, 2011
is she not saying she is not a witch but wishes for Jesus?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by logica(m): 6:10am On Dec 18, 2011
The fact that people have to write epistles to EVEN convince any entity that calls itself a human being that Oyedepo's action was questionable while not surprising to me, is scary in itself.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Bizmind(m): 6:12am On Dec 18, 2011
@omopastor
I don't like to insult people, but I am forced to say you are a fool. How can you trying to defend somebody who assaulted an helpless kid, let call a spade a spade, what the pastor or (whatever he is) did was totaly wrong. If he did that to any of my relative in front of me, I will not hesitate to kick the hell out of him. Nobody, I repeat nodody sure of where he or she will ended up after death, not even himself.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by preselect(m): 6:40am On Dec 18, 2011
Lol
Holy slap grin

Poverty+ignorance=lethal society.

This is the case of a girl, poor, illiterate, naive, and foolish.
This is the case of a 3rd world country, uncivilized, poor, religious, corrupt, ignorant and foolish

A poor girl without any high connections is slapped right there in the house of god and people say its cool. I don't know whether to blame the slapper or the slapped or the supporters of the slap.

Nigeria is just sick to the marrow. The other day it was witches in akwa ibom state being burnt and locked up, today it a witch from imo state being slapped and sent to hell. AND PEOPlE SUPPORT IT!!!

If it was the daughter of a senator or ambassador I don't think a slap would follow. If it was the daughter of a rich donor to church I doubt I a slap would follow.

Which witchcraft in Nigeria is bigger than PDP? Who has caused more harm in Nigeria more than the corruption in govt and recently boko haram. This witch thing self, how real is it? What is it about? What do they do? I know there are witches in the uK who have been granted right by the repeal of the witch laws in 1951( laws made over 300yrs ago). What do witches do by the way? Whatever it is, how many people did Jesus slap or send to hell?

Ignorance worry o!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Osama10(m): 6:47am On Dec 18, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:51am On Dec 18, 2011
Its amazing how gullible Nigerians can be all in the name of Christianity! A so-called man of God slaps a young lady who apparently came for help and people are supporting this barbaric act saying he was casting out demons! I seriously wonder the bible you all read! Who the heck is he to condemn someone to hell? Is he God! SMH!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by nellydlaw: 7:10am On Dec 18, 2011
I pity all of you that talk foolishly about a great man of God. The fact you can express yourself on nairaland does not make you all to meddle with spiritual things. This man is one of the greatest men of God in Africa and this is seen in the different signs and wonders God has used him to deliver people that are afflicted.

On the day that this girl was slapped, do you know that over 200 people came out to denounce witchcraft.

Do you also know that over 450 persons also came out to be delivered from cultism in universities

Do you also know that over 1000 persons came out to drop their charms to be destroyed. I am sure you all don't know

Do not allow the devil to use you to discredit a great man of God

Be warned! Be warned!! be warned!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Emmzalon: 7:11am On Dec 18, 2011
Ignorance is wat is makin pple judge d man of God like dis. Dere are so many pple dat cums 2 church wid difrent minds;some 2 recieve deliverance,some jez cum and watch,some cum and dancn while some cum and blasphame christ's name which is c'mon 2day in d churches,devil wil send his agents in2 a church dat d g.o as workd several yrz 2 lead pple 2 christ and devil wil want 2 manipulate his ideals. We are all matured 2 an extent of knwin dat demonic young gurl dnt seem as dey are,they old and powerful spiritually,dat gurl aint 2 be pitied,wat she did by uttering dose statements was a blaspheme 2 jesus,and we all knw wat happend 2 dose dat did it in d bible,4 e.g john d baptist,he doubted christ, judas iscaricot and sm odas,we al knw dat dose pple neva recievd any slap bt dey payd it wid dere lives. So as d devil dat is controlling dat gurl 2 utter dose words,so is d holy spirit dat is controllin d m.o.g lead him 2 slap her,and mind u d holy spirit was even merciful 2 av led d m.o.g 2 slap her and nt to strike her dwn instantly cos he's a m.o.g and he's gat d power. We all knw wat wil hapn 2 dose dat blaspeme against d president nt 2 talk of CHRIST.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ThoniaSlim(f): 7:14am On Dec 18, 2011
I weep for the level of gullibility that affects majority of Nigerians. . .I truly weep . . .

CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A TOOL FOR VIOLENCE AND WHAT THE SO-CALLED PASTOR DID WAS JUST WRONG AND SHOULD NOT BE JUSTIFIED IN ANY WAY!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by iykak47: 7:26am On Dec 18, 2011
If i were that girl  he disgrace and humilated  in public, no jupiter could have prevented me from  hitting  him back,
he is not God,
he should not value himself above his worth,
just a mere mortal.
How many 'witches' in aso rock and in our various government houses has he cast out? Nonsense.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by numo86(m): 7:28am On Dec 18, 2011
for all those tryin to defend d action of oyedopo by referin to Jesus's reaction to d buyers & sellers in d temple,it'l surprise u all to know that Jesus was even in that case fulfilling a bible prophecy directed to him alone by david in d book of psalms, where it says that " the zeal for his Fathers house will eat him up", and besides Jesus wiped out physical beins who were exhibitin corrupt practices in d congregation not those possesed by demons,
And i dont tink there was ever a time when Jesus had dealins with witches either in d temples or synagogues, almost all of Jesus miracles were performed out doors,on d streets,in d homes of people and market places, what oyedepo shuld be doin is slappin himself for bein a peddler of Gods word, sellin bible based literatures to make so much gain and coaxing a general public to sow seed in him is tantamount to spiritual fraud,, this was d same reason Jesus flogged those robbers out, and what he shuld be concerned about is excommunicating those thieving politicians who occupy front seats in his church, and as a matter of fact those big men in front sits are d ogboni occult men that needs d slap not this small little girl, churches these days r filled with rubbish, instead of preachin and anticipatin d end of this wicked world oyedepo is there slappin helpless kids, Jesus will surely deny many MOG's when d end comes becos they r definitly nt doin His fathers will
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Goshen360(m): 7:31am On Dec 18, 2011
And when Jesus departed from there, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Son of David, have mercy on us. Matthew 9:27 KJV.

I have said it before and will say it again until revival, reformation and revolution breakout and turn arround my generation for the true character and love of Christ. How on earth can the blind follow anything? When God gave me the revelation of the above verse by the Spirit of God, I see the true picture of a generation of religious people that are blind and following Jesus. They cannot see due to their blindness that Jesus had departed from the place  he was but they are still following notwithstanding and this is the only time in the bible you see the blinds follow Jesus, that is after he had departed from a place.

If the above verse is not prophetic, some religious people in their blindness but following man of God will not come here in the name of "anointed man of God" (who they as the blind generation is following and cant see that Jesus had departed), and in the name of "touch not my anointed" (which their anointing has become oil/mantle merchant) to defend the actions of Oyedepo just because they are blind and following. Apostle Paul, anointed more that your papa man of God said: Follow me even as I follow Christ. 1Cor11:1. Why do followers of Oyedepo follow him when he is not following Christ? Find the answer in above verse. JESUS IS LORD.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ayinba1(f): 7:33am On Dec 18, 2011
Video is really hard to watch. I feel sorry for the poor girl.
But then?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by queensmith: 7:50am On Dec 18, 2011
Omo pastor is a slowpoke! of soo many levels! is this the first tme you are hearing one say she is a witch for Jesus? Have you not heard the term before you belligerant slowpoke?

For those that didnt notice- the pastor was not angry at her asscociating witchcraft with Jesus, witch for jesus is a popular term people use to rebuff being accused of witchcraft. The pasor was annoyed because the girl boldly used that slang with him. hence the 'do you know who your talking to' statement.

I dont blame the man, why would people even go to the alter and subject themselves to such humiliation? kmt
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by lukkie(m): 7:51am On Dec 18, 2011
These pastors are just like the politicians. They're all criminals.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by jaydude(f): 8:01am On Dec 18, 2011
U guys should desist from talking or making conclusions when you don't know d root of a story! I was at shiloh the year dis incident happened and I witnessed it live! Bishop Oyedepo made an altar call for witches and some of them came out,he asked this particular lady when she became a witch and the next thing she said was that she wasn't a witch, but a witch for Jesus! That was what warranted d slap! That was enough to have given her that slap! How can u stand on the altar of God and claim u are a witch for Jesus? Is that not enough 2 belittle God? He slapped her as a challenge 2 manifest her powers and see if d Almighty God will not disgrace her before the church!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by niassawa(f): 8:03am On Dec 18, 2011
Definition of "cut down" by the Free Online Dictionary

1. To penetrate with a sharp edge; strike a narrow opening in.
2. To kill or strike down.
3. To interrupt Life
4. To stop suddenly; discontinue
5 To shut off.

OYEDEPO Pay people to come and testify in his church that they are witch, He was shocked that the Money he spent for thwm to testify did not do the work. so he resulted to beating, bulling, terrorising, battering, dehumanizing, assulting Minors.

As we can see in the Clip, he used the word "cut down" meaning to kill. which means OYEDEPO has ASSASSINS, that gives us a clue to obtain a search warrant to search his houses and other hidden places because this proves that he CUT DOWN people who do not agree to his terms! I am sure This man has the same character as CLIFFORD ORJI, The Man who Buy and sell Human parts.

OYEDEPO has proven to us that killing any human being means nothing to him as he has his own Assassin who help him CUT DOWN human Life!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by niassawa(f): 8:12am On Dec 18, 2011
jaydude:

U guys should desist from talking or making conclusions when you don't know d root of a story! I was at shiloh the year dis incident happened and I witnessed it live! Bishop Oyedepo made an altar call for witches and some of them came out,he asked this particular lady when she became a witch and the next thing she said was that she wasn't a witch, but a witch for Jesus! That was what warranted d slap! That was enough to have given her that slap! How can u stand on the altar of God and claim u are a witch for Jesus? Is that not enough 2 belittle God? He slapped her as a challenge 2 manifest her powers and see if d Almighty God will not disgrace her before the church!

@jayjude : I guess you will also get a slap when you say you are a Army for christ, Soldier for christ? Or Radical for Jesus? When someone slap you, it will be left to you to Manifest the power of your so called God or oyedepo in you?. is your Pastor suppose to be contesting Power with Her? How do you know God is not happy with her statement if you say she belittle God?

" i am not a witch" i am witch for Jesus" or wish for jesus!

Oyedepo never ask her with love to tell us a Bit about being a Jesus Witch how it feels like! he just gave her a slap!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2011
Come to think of it. . .If it were a huge looking dude who came out for deliverance and said something like that. . .sincerely would Oyedepo have slapped him like that? I guess not! THIS IS JUST A COWARDLY MOVE!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dasparrow: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2011
This video is disturbing to say the least lipsrsealed
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by mystikal(m): 8:40am On Dec 18, 2011
Dude should do time for Assault
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sagamite(m): 8:42am On Dec 18, 2011
OmoPastor:

@ sammy79
i appreciate your view and i sense a tone of maturity and direction in your post.

i want you to know that there are levels in spiritual maturity. errors cannot be totally overuled but please note that at the level of the MOG which is definitely not a junior level, errors are strictly dealt with and quickly too by God Himself. take the case of Moses and the rock, it was an instant judgement cos at the level Moses operated, some mistakes are not condoned at all.

my point is this: if the MOG made a mistake, God who called him will deal appropriately and decisively with him. no man has been appointed to correct the MOG. i feel very sorry for many people that have run terrible comments about the MOG, well i think they are ignorant of what God did to those guys that rose up against Moses in the wilderness. but God is very merciful sha.
and do not rule out the fact that even the MOG mistakes can be turned into , (i do not think many can handle some truths so they do not misquote me).  do not try interpreting or mind reading the girl. do you know what witchcraft really means? its not about the blood and flying, its about manipulations of the devil, holding you captive against Gods plan for you, making and manipulating your mind to do things against Gods will. many things to be said but i must go to bed now. gud 9t.

Look at this mooron and his fcking fictional rant.

The cretin continues to call a looting con man a man of God.

Poverty in Nigeria has led to many not able to afford the nutritious foods that can enrich the brain. Thus resulting in cretins like this.

Garri in the morning, eba with stew no protein in the afternoon and erkor on its own in the evening surely can not be good for brain development and nourishment.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by niassawa(f): 8:47am On Dec 18, 2011
I am also a LOVER for Jesus! give me some condoms
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 8:48am On Dec 18, 2011
mystikal:

Dude should do time for Assault

Talk! Talk! Talk!

Talk is cheap. I will like to see the first person who wants Bishop arrested and tried for assault to take the first step.

Then come back here to Nairaland and report to us how far you have gone.

No be to dey make mouth! Action speaks louder than words!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by luvtoyota(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2011
IF WERE TO BE A SENATOR , GOVERNORS WIFE OR MINISTER IN ABUJA OR EVEN GEJ , SAYING  I BE WINCH FOR JESUS , WOULD OYEDEPO SLAP HER ?GOD FORBID , HE WILL BE ARRESTED , HE SLAPPED HER BECAUSE SHE IS POOR AND HELPLESS , TO THINK HE EVEN DAMNED HER TO HELL , JESUS OR GOD WOULD NOT DAMN A SINNER THAT CONFESSES TO HELL . WELL WE LIVE IN A LAWLESS SOCIETY , EVEN THE CHURCH IS NOT SPARED

MAKE HIM TRY SLAP GOVERNOR OR IG WIFE !!!!!!!!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 8:52am On Dec 18, 2011
luvtoyota:

IF WERE TO BE A SENATOR , GOVERNORS WIFE OR MINISTER IN ABUJA OR EVEN GEJ , SAYING  I BE WINCH FOR JESUS , WOULD OYEDEPO SLAP HER ?GOD FORBID , HE WILL BE ARRESTED , HE SLAPPED HER BECAUSE SHE IS POOR AND HELPLESS , TO THINK HE EVEN DAMNED HER TO HELL , JESUS OR GOD WOULD NOT DAMN A SINNER THAT CONFESSES TO HELL . WELL WE LIVE IN A LAWLESS SOCIETY , EVEN THE CHURCH IS NOT SPARED

MAKE HIM TRY SLAP GOVERNOR OR IG WIFE !!!!!!!!!!

When David Ibiyomie refused to give Governor Amaechi a front space seat in his church, wetin the governor do? DId he have the man arrested?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sagamite(m): 8:55am On Dec 18, 2011
tpia@:

Yes oh, they were never slapped by their parents IN NIGERIA  whle growing up.

In some really strict churches, any elder can discipline you back in the day if you step out of line and guess what- did we have the high level of fornication, nonsense and lackadasical christians who have taken over the churches today.

People who dont know their left from their right.

Imo, its far better to slap yourself before God himself slaps you but what do i know.

What a cretinous statement!

An absolutely CRETINOUS statement.

Since when did our parental discipline for discipline justify con men slapping strangers and shouting "Do you know who I am talking to"?

Maybe Alao-Akala would be justified to slap you too for saying something that annoyed him becuase "Do you know who I am talking to" and you have received parental slap before, so no big deal.

What a cretinous statement!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sagamite(m): 9:00am On Dec 18, 2011
curios cat:

To all you ignorant blasphemers, may the curse of madelyn o'hare be on you all.
so much venomenous words coming from mouths that do not know anything about the occult world. WITCHES EXISTS! and should be treated as such.
For you muslims and atheists on this forum, mind the way you talk about christians, we do not go about insulting your freethinking,prophet mohammed, sangos et al, you have chosen your path in religion so allow us to follow the path we believe in,  even the great prophet Elisha called on a wild animal to maul those that mocked him(2 kings 2v24 )talkless of Oyedepo and this so called 'witch' who was mocking the church by her  manner.
what I thank God for is that everyman will one day face judgement and you will meet the so called person you hate so much!
Tpia@, stagger, and omopastor ride on! they can only insult us and call us names but they will never quench the fire of the church which is the body of christ.
continue with the insults, we dont care!

You are a cretin!

May a trailer hit you before the new year and help us get rid of your daft existence.

Or better still, may Boko Haram see you and find out you wrote this so the can get their mala knife and disembowel you.

Bloody ediot!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2011
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

May a trailer hit you before the new year and help us get rid of your daft existence.

Or better still, may Boko Haram see you and find out you wrote this so the can get their mala knife and disembowel you.

Bloody ediot!

I see that you have borrowed a term I used to describe you once: cr[i]e[/i]tinous imb[i]e[/i]cile!

I will like to meet you one on one for a spiritual wrestling match. One on one!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 18, 2011
How I wish this girl had the courage to spit into the face of this conceited buffoon.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sagamite(m): 9:07am On Dec 18, 2011
stagger:

When David Ibiyomie refused to give Governor Amaechi a front space seat in his church, wetin the governor do? DId he have the man arrested?

You are a cretin!

What makes a refusal comparable to an assault?

Fcking ediot!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (27) (Reply)

Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale / Apostle Suleman Exposed His Private Part To Stephanie Otobo - Keyamo Chamber / My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.