Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,293 members, 7,900,614 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:18 PM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73725 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 9:19am On Dec 18, 2011
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

What makes a refusal comparable to an assault?

Fcking ediot!

I said I want to meet you one on one for a spiritual engagement. Only a handshake will do. Let us know whether this Power that you so foolishly rave about is a concoction of mere mortals.

People learn better from experience. I want to give you such an experience. Do you accept my challenge?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by luvtoyota(m): 9:26am On Dec 18, 2011
stagger:

When David Ibiyomie refused to give Governor Amaechi a front space seat in his church, wetin the governor do? DId he have the man arrested?

REFUSAL TO GIVE FRONT SIT AND SLAP , ARE THEY THE SAME ?

LET GOV AMAECHI OR ANY GOVERNOR WIFE CONFESS THEIR SINS , AND SAY AM I WINCH FOR JESUS AND LET DAVID SLAP THEM , YOU WILL SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN , IMAGINE IF THAT POOR GIRL , WAS YOUR WIFE , ALL THE WAY FROM IMO STATE , SEEKING DELIVERANCE , AND SHE WAS SLAPPED AND DAMNED TO HELL , JESUS WON'T DO THAT .

OPEN YOUR EYES , CONSCIENCE IS AN OPEN WOUND , ONLY TRUTH WILL HEAL IT .
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sagamite(m): 9:28am On Dec 18, 2011
stagger:

I said I want to meet you one on one for a spiritual engagement. Only a handshake will do. Let us know whether this Power that you so foolishly rave about is a concoction of mere mortals.

People learn better from experience. I want to give you such an experience. Do you accept my challenge?

You are a cretin!

First explain "what makes a refusal comparable to an assault?" before I use ifa to destroy you spiritually.

Cretin, answer!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by denzel2009: 9:32am On Dec 18, 2011
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

First explain "what makes a refusal comparable to an assault?" before I use ifa to destroy you spiritually.

Cretin, answer!
Just don't go and shake him. I don warn una, he has been blocking astral projections for too long o.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 18, 2011
Nigerians hav bn made to bliv dat rich people are to be worshipped! Imagine such a thin happened in a croud filled with professors, engineers,LAWYERS *oh my GOD*, civil servants,politicians,doctors, human right activists, pastors, fathers and mothers! Nigeria don finish kpata kpata! No medicin can heal her. I dey vex! NL, we shud nt let dis happen and fold our hands, lets find a way to take dis up against dat so called bishop! Enuf is enuf!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by kokoA(m): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2011
That dude that always thinks about sexual things na winch to? shocked That means almost everybody na winch o,
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sagamite(m): 9:57am On Dec 18, 2011
Boyloaf:

Nigerians hav bn made to bliv dat rich people are to be worshipped! Imagine such a thin happened in a croud filled with professors, engineers,LAWYERS *oh my GOD*, civil servants,politicians,doctors, human right activists, pastors, fathers and mothers! Nigeria don finish kpata kpata! No medicin can heal her. I dey vex! NL, we shud nt let dis happen and fold our hands, lets find a way to take dis up against dat so called bishop! Enuf is enuf!!!

Our failed education system and frustrating economy has produced desperate cretins like stagger that are seeking miracles, salvation and hope, hence are easily conned by any fool that claims he has supernatural powers to solve their problems. Then the fool milks the cretins and lives a good life while the cretins like OmoPastor continue in their misery.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Thelstan(m): 9:58am On Dec 18, 2011
Sagamite:

Poverty in Nigeria has led to many not able to afford the nutritious foods that can enrich the brain. Thus resulting in cretins like this.

Garri in the morning, eba with stew no protein in the afternoon and erkor on its own in the evening surely can not be good for brain development and nourishment.

LMAO!  grin grin grin grin

I was reading this thread but I just had to login to laugh at this comment.  cheesy cheesy
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sammy79(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2011
@ sammy79
[b][i]i appreciate your view and i sense a tone of maturity and direction in your post.

i want you to know that there are levels in spiritual maturity. errors cannot be totally overuled but please note that at the level of the MOG which is definitely not a junior level, errors are strictly dealt with and quickly too by God Himself. take the case of Moses and the rock, it was an instant judgement cos at the level Moses operated, some mistakes are not condoned at all.

my point is this: if the MOG made a mistake, God who called him will deal appropriately and decisively with him. no man has been appointed to correct the MOG. i feel very sorry for many people that have run terrible comments about the MOG, well i think they are ignorant of what God did to those guys that rose up against Moses in the wilderness. but God is very merciful sha.
and do not rule out the fact that even the MOG mistakes can be turned into , (i do not think many can handle some truths so they do not misquote me).  do not try interpreting or mind reading the girl. do you know what witchcraft really means? its not about the blood and flying, its about manipulations of the devil, holding you captive against Gods plan for you, making and manipulating your mind to do things against Gods will. many things to be said but i must go to bed now. gud 9t.[/sub][/b][/sup]

Omopastor, hope you had a well rested night. I just have in mind to point out some issues from your reply. In the end you are rightfully entitled to your views anyways.

1. God's love surpasses what we think- He weights the heart and then proceeds to our attitude/character before He judges. Moses' actions (as you mentioned), Aaron and Miriams were issues of the heart and character and God judged accordingly. I agree with you that the deeper you go in God, the greater the expectation He places in us but note that Miriam and Aaron, in this case, were punished not solely because they grumbled but because their heart was not with compassion and love for Moses. The issue is always with our heart. Jethro, on the other hand, demonstrated a heart of concern and understanding for Moses and 'corrected' Moses on how to run administration of the people of God. Moses heed Jethro's advice and he was the better for it. May be if Jethro had come with pompous attitude God could have smite him, we don't know but there is much to suggest this could have been the case.

2. 'No man has been appointed to correct the MOG'- in addition to my example of Jethro to Moses, who are off course men and not God, we have various examples in the Bible where men corrected men of God/ servants of God. See Paul to Peter that I have talked about. What about Samuel to the anointed Saul? Think about Nathan to David when David committed adultery and murdered Urriah. All of these were MEN regardless of whether they were servants of God.

In a bit more detail, it is one thing to be in the capacity to correct i.e go the Bishop and say to him that what he did was wrong and it is another thing to discern in your heart that the act was wrong but not in the capacity to meet the Bishop to correct him. One place I see clearly where the Bible say an elder should not rebuked (an elder because of age and not office as used in this context) is in 1 Ti 5:11 YET it says 'INTREAT/ENTREAT him' meaning to exhort him (in love and patience). So If am older than the Bishop it qualifies me to go and meet him face to face and correct him as I deem fit. The point here is that men have been appointed to correct one another BUT in love!

Should we now talk about it if we are not 'qualified' to correct the Bishop? Yes, but in the right attitude of love and not hate. This is what makes the difference in the sight of God. AGAIN, it is our heart/attitude that God weights. If I talk about this act of the Bishop in a profane and blasphemous manner, God knows and if I do out of the fear of God, God knows but We are at liberty as Christians to discuss issues happening in Christendom and as it regards servants of God. They are for our example, just as the Bible also recorded.

God bless
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 10:14am On Dec 18, 2011
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

Cretin, answer!

This your dogoturanci is too much. Just meet with me. Come with that your ifa stuff and let us have a face-off! Action speaks louder than words.

Me I no dey make mouth. I know myself. You too, if you know yourself, stand for your belief and face me. Then we will know.

You will understand that the spiritual controls the physical, and you will then know how the US got the concept of satellite-guided missiles.

A handshake is all I am asking for. Abi fear no gree you? P[i]i[/i]ssing in your pants already?

Wetin you carry bros? Wetin dey? Wetin you get, and wetin you be?

Meet me and we will know!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tunnytox(m): 10:16am On Dec 18, 2011
For those defending pastor Oyedepo and challenging others to spritual wrestling  grin grin grin grin I cannot but laugh at your abysmal level of ignorance. We are not in 1800 but 2011 do you think that Pastor Oyedepo can do that in the US, UK or other western country without being arrested?
I am a christian too and while I respect God's prophets I will never have any fear in me to condemn any actions of them which I believe is unGodly and unbiblical no matter how BIG the pastor is. I have witnesss a case of a pastor who want to sleep with someone else's wife claiming he was directed by the Holy Spirit  shocked shocked shocked if a pastor slaps your wife, your mother or even yourself in public I wonder whether you'll still be spewing the same rubbish here.

Lets agree that the girl is a witch all the pastor need to do is to command the spirit to leave the child but NEVER to slap the child in public. If it has been behind the camera only God knows what could have happen the child might even be burnt alive.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dekung(m): 10:18am On Dec 18, 2011
Mr stagger, you make me laugh, and I can't help but wonder at your babyish utterances. First you said you are waiting for the person who would try to sue Oyedepo next you are asking Sagamite for a handshake spiritual contest. For starters suing the man may not see the light of day because he is veeeery rich, no thanx to many of us who have in one way or the other contributed to his stupendious wealth. He can afford a SAN to defend and you know very well that in Nigeria, money talk and bull shiit works. The only way this might work is for human rights groups to rise up and fight but the problem with this approach is that most of these human rights group are members of his congregation and besides this lady may not dare to press charges because may be afraid to touch 'God's annointed' (veri silly). So whichever way it goes Oyedepo wins. Now about your challenge with sagamite, please if really you are confident of the potency of the power you claim to carry pick a bigger challenge: go to the north and maƙe an open challenge to th boko haram sect then come and tell us how you faired so don't hide behind your laptop screen a pose some phantom challenge. Please don't chicken out and say God is not given to such contests because first you posed the challenge to a harmless contributor on this forum and besides a similar challenge was recorded to have happened on mt carmel (or is the mt carmel account not true or it has diffent meaning from what we all read?). Just leave Sagamite and pick on someone your own size or are you a bully like Oyedepo?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sagamite(m): 10:18am On Dec 18, 2011
stagger:

This your dogoturanci is too much. Just meet with me. Come with that your ifa stuff and let us have a face-off! Action speaks louder than words.

Me I no dey make mouth. I know myself. You too, if you know yourself, stand for your belief and face me. Then we will know.

You will understand that the spiritual controls the physical, and you will then know how the US got the concept of satellite-guided missiles.

A handshake is all I am asking for. Abi fear no gree you? P[i]i[/i]ssing in your pants already?

Wetin you carry bros? Wetin dey? Wetin you get, and wetin you be?

Meet me and we will know!

You are a cretin!

So you can't answer the question?

So we should conclude you are a slowpoke for making such a daft comparison?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by LagosShia: 10:20am On Dec 18, 2011
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

Cretin, answer!

seriousness aside,

why does "sagamite" like to use the word "cretin" so much? is there no other word you can use?

whenever i see your username,i remember the word "cretin".LOL

There is hardly a thread you post in without "cretin". grin grin grin
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 10:20am On Dec 18, 2011
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

So you can't answer the question?

So we should conclude you are a slowpoke for making such a daft comparison?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I no know say na coward you be!

No, make that a "cr[i]e[/i]tinous coward"!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by CHARLOE(m): 10:26am On Dec 18, 2011
I find this very sad and amusing. Bishop oyedepo is d mentor to d pastor of d church i attend, somewhere off kudirat abiola way in ikeja let's call him pst s. He was preaching one sunday and was trying to illustrate how much more powerful a xtian is and why we shld not be afraid of witches andhe goes something like: 'witches drink d blood of fowl but i drank d blood of Jesus, so i am a witch also, a bigger witch at that, aleluya!', and we all clapped. of course we understood d comparison, but what is d difference btw what he said and what dis poor girl said? or is pst s going to recieve some slaps from d bishop?
   BY THEIR FRUITS U SHALL KNOW THEM!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2011
dekung:

Mr stagger, you make me laugh, and I can't help but wonder at your babyish utterances. First you said you are waiting for the person who would try to sue Oyedepo next you are asking Sagamite for a handshake spiritual contest. For starters suing the man may not see the light of day because he is veeeery rich, no thanx to many of us who have in one way or the other contributed to his stupendious wealth. He can afford a SAN to defend and you know very well that in Nigeria, money talk and bull shiit works. The only way this might work is for human rights groups to rise up and fight but the problem with this approach is that most of these human rights group are members of his congregation and besides this lady may not dare to press charges because may be afraid to touch 'God's annointed' (veri silly). So whichever way it goes Oyedepo wins. Now about your challenge with sagamite, please if really you are of the potency of the power you claim to carry pick a bigger challenge: go to the north and maƙe an open challenge to th boko haram sect then come and tell us how you faired so don't hide behind your laptop screen a pose some phantom challenge. Please don't chicken out and say God is not given to such contests because first you posed the challenge to a harmless contributor on this forum and besides a similar challenge was recorded to have happened on mt carmel (or the mt carmel account not true?)

Let me tell you: Boko Haram is only doing what they are doing because the Nigerian govt does not have the political will to do what the government of Sri Lanka did to the Tamil Tigers. The day the government of Sri Lanka decided to end the civil war in 2006, they were able to sweep off the Tamil Tigers in 3 years; I mean, completely annihilated them.

So let us leave it at that. That solution is a political and military one and I am not a politician.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2011
Nigerians. When would their eyes open? This only happens when structures have failed. 'Man of God' slapping people? What a joke. And some hoodwinked people on here are supporting the man. It goes to show how twisted and impoverished they are.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by member479760: 10:30am On Dec 18, 2011
The slap na small thing, for calabar na acid den dey use for dem.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 18, 2011
I saw this video over a year ago,I never agreed with what he did and still don't agree with it.I guess he is no God afterall,he is human and humans make mistakes.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 18, 2011
CHARLOE:

I find this very sad and amusing. Bishop oyedepo is d mentor to d pastor of d church i attend, somewhere off kudirat abiola way in ikeja let's call him pst s. He was preaching one sunday and was trying to illustrate how much more powerful a xtian is and why we shld not be afraid of witches andhe goes something like: 'witches drink d blood of fowl but i drank d blood of Jesus, so i am a witch also, a bigger witch at that, aleluya!', and we all clapped. of course we understood d comparison, but what is d difference btw what he said and what dis poor girl said? or is pst s going to recieve some slaps from d bishop?
   BY THEIR FRUITS U SHALL KNOW THEM!
Like someone said,the girl had a poor command of English language,and her use of 'winch for Jesus' should not be seen as blasphemy.I perfectly understood what she meant.I think the MOG erred.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by 4Play(m): 10:42am On Dec 18, 2011
It was not the slap that struck me, that Oyedepo is a charlatan and a shyster is obvious. It's the eruption in applause from the gullible congregation that I found telling about Nigerian society.

I remember a Catholic priest in Awka, Anambra State who was in the demon casting business. His MO was also 'beating' witches out of women. For some strange reason, it's mainly women who fall foul of this. Most of the congregation didn't seem to mind either.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by 4Play(m): 10:44am On Dec 18, 2011
Presumably, Oyedepo travels to the UK and the US. He should try this public witch slapping abroad too. It's not only Nigerian based witches that deserve a beating.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by VoodooDoll(m): 10:45am On Dec 18, 2011
Oyedepo does not understand english.

There are many "witches" in Borno, he should head there to deliver slaps.  His "cretinous" followers can go with him.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sagamite(m): 10:49am On Dec 18, 2011
LagosShia:

seriousness aside,

why does "sagamite" like to use the word "cretin" so much? is there no other word you can use?

whenever i see your username,i remember the word "cretin".LOL

There is hardly a thread you post in without "cretin". grin grin grin

Shut up, bloody Terrorist!

Killing non-muslims is your "cretinous" dream and justified.

Bloody muslim fundamentalist.

stagger:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I no know say na coward you be!

No, make that a "cr[i]e[/i]tinous coward"!

You are a cretin!

Answer the question first!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by DrKnow1(m): 11:00am On Dec 18, 2011
Taking deliverance too far!

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Mustay(m): 11:02am On Dec 18, 2011
Got this from one of his followers. Quite apt:
"Forget about witches and wizards, they are just
spiritual insects."
– Dr. David Oyedepo @ Shiloh 2011
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by 4Play(m): 11:06am On Dec 18, 2011
Dr Know:

grin grin

What's that, the reverse cowboy position? Or is that a new interpretation of the missionary position, apt as it involves a missionary.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dekung(m): 11:09am On Dec 18, 2011
@Stagger, why am I not surprised? They burnt Oyedepo's business centre in d north rather than go to fight, he stood cowardly behind the pulpit issuing curses. I knew you were going to chiken out. Does it matter weda they are political or spiritual, the bottom line is they are a menace to our society. I did not say you should challenge them to a political contest, I want you to challenge them to a spiritual or religious contest. Boko Haram members are predominantly muslims wrecking havoc in their wake. Ok since you found a way to wriggle out of this lets try this: go to jos and challenge the fulani muslim herdsmen who are killing christians in 100s or is that political too.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by DrKnow1(m): 11:13am On Dec 18, 2011
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Sagamite(m): 11:14am On Dec 18, 2011
Dr Know:

Just proves to you how stewpid and daft Nigerians like stagger are.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by RuuDie(m): 11:17am On Dec 18, 2011
A quick question which might seem irrelevant to the topic --- according to popular folklore, how does one kill a vampire!!?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (27) (Reply)

Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale / Apostle Suleman Exposed His Private Part To Stephanie Otobo - Keyamo Chamber / My Uncle Wants Me In Amorc

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.