Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,466 members, 7,947,876 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 10:13 AM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73850 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by buzugee(m): 6:28pm On Dec 18, 2011
isale_gan2:

lol.  He devours cretins.  

Anyway, here is the real culprit, the slap-happy "M.O.g."

www.nairaland.com/attachments/597363_bishop3_jpg234901314ed15999df6827aea6521862

www.nairaland.com/attachments/597362_bishop1_jpg0b9610155e6204065f59407f44ea3d20

Pictures courtesy of: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-827117.288.html#msg9787828
thats the laugh of a man who knows he has a good scam going on grin
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by niassawa(f): 6:31pm On Dec 18, 2011
buzugee:

thats the laugh of a man who knows he has a good scam going on grin

lOOK AT THE SCREEN TO HIS LEFT! HE IS SIMPLY LOOKING AT AFRICA AND LAUGHING ,

FOR HIM MIND, SEE ALL THIS MUMU AFRICANS WEY DEY THINKS SAY GOD GO COME ONE DAY, UNA GO PAY TIRE!!!

I BASTARDY HATE HIM!!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by buzugee(m): 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2011
niassawa:

lOOK AT THE SCREEN TO HIS LEFT! HE IS SIMPLY LOOKING AT AFRICA AND LAUGHING ,

FOR HIM MIND, SEE ALL THIS MUMU AFRICANS WEY DEY THINKS SAY GOD GO COME ONE DAY,  UNA GO PAY TIRE!!!

I  BASTARDY HATE HIM!!!!
grin grin be like say him done chop your dollar too right ? yeah he is definitely a con man. no two ways about that. africans are not the only mumus though. in america they have the creflo dollars, eddie long, td jake, joel osteen etc etc. doing the exact same thing. i guess we as humans have a void that needs to be filled. some people choose to fill it with religion. i believe in God but religion is man made. religion comes from the latin word religio which means to 'restrain'. it is used to entrap and restrain people
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by eagleu: 6:54pm On Dec 18, 2011
I just looked at the video again, and the truth is that the poor uneducated girl was trying to say "Im not a witch, I am wi(c)sh for Jesus. Why was "bishop" in such a hurry to assault the girl even without understanding what she was saying. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by success4(m): 7:16pm On Dec 18, 2011
[size=48pt]Life is simple[/size]
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by buzugee(m): 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2011
i am feeling very bad for speaking to Sagamite like he is a simpleton so i have to come and apologize. its the holidays right ? where is the holiday spirit right ? happy holidays to you Sagamite and to you all. shalom and may Yahawah be with you all during this festive season. and answer to your question Sagamite. what should they do if they cant involve the western media since the nigerian media is so crap ? they should do what they did before they discovered the white man. whatever that may be
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by slykul: 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2011
Thank God, the father of our Lord Jesus Christ who is beginning to expose these false teachers that are wolves in sheep’s clothing.
What this heretic bishop did can only happen in Africa. If it's in America, Oyedepo should be prepared to pay damages running into Millions of dollars and would also be serving term in a penitentiary, so also if it’s in Britain, he will by now be behind bar for child abuse. What gave him the audacity to behave wantonly is what is unexplainable. This man is not serving the interest of Christ but of the devil. The bible says ‘judge not’, but Oyedepo was pronouncing judgement on the little girl. I think Bishop Oyedepo needs deliverance more than the girl.
I am sure this man Oyedepo is not very acquainted with Our Lord Jesus Christ who stands for love and not violence as Oyedepo had displayed on this innocent young girl that was being coerced into confessing being a witch.  If CAN is a serious organisation, they should wade into this perverted attitude and ask Oyedepo to go for basic training on what Christ and Christianity stand for.  After all Oyedepo does not know more of the scripture than using his teaching on faith to extort money from his congregation.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by pato405(m): 8:33pm On Dec 18, 2011
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by thebaisify(m): 8:45pm On Dec 18, 2011
The two 'winches' he interviewed denied flatly that they were guilty as charged. The one he slapped told him quiet frankly that she was not a 'winch'. The other one said same and added that she 'dreams' about them- witches.

I dream sometimes that I am flying so does that make me a 'wizard'? Men have wet dreams so does that make them evil?

The last person he interviewed, a boy claimed that he dreamt about sexual desires etc so why did they label every one out there a 'winch'?

This is wrong, so wrong embarassed and I'm angry abourrit angry
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by member479760: 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2011
and He said "Did you know who you are talking to?" that's a sign of arrogance from a man called himself Bishop, he is not better than that winch girl before God and any reasonable person. Gaddafi talk more than that, what end him, beaten to death like a thief.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2011
nakedall:

and He said "Did you know who you are talking to?" that's a sign of arrogance from a man called himself Bishop, he is not better than that winch girl before God and any reasonable person. Gaddafi talk more than that, what end him, beaten to death like a thief.  

So wetin you wan talk now?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Aringarosa(m): 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2011
And why was Oyedepo asking the poor girl where she was from?  What does that got to do with the deliverance?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Ganjaseed: 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2011
Brethren see my take in this whole issue. God is revealing something here we have not realised yet. This video is 2009 and we are seeing it for the first time in 2011, God has left bishop oyedepo long time ago, it is the people that is just cheering him as a man of God. He has become a mechanical deliverance minister, his manifestation does not resemble a man that has the gift of the spirit of God, where is his temperance? Jesus wouldnt do that.
The most painfull part of it is, that lady will never get justics, david need to apologise to her. I wish it was in Holland.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2011
Aringarosa:

And why was Oyedepo asking the poor girl where she was from?  What does that got to do with the deliverance?

See argument! What a collection of the daftest humans on earth! God of mercy!

Ganjaseed:

Brethren see my take in this whole issue. God is revealing something here we have not realised yet. This video is 2009 and we are seeing it for the first time in 2011, God has left bishop oyedepo long time ago, it is the people that is just cheering him as a man of God. He has become a mechanical deliverance minister, his manifestation does not resemble a man that has the gift of the spirit of God, where is his temperance? Jesus wouldnt do that.
The most painfull part of it is, that lady will never get justics, david need to apologise to her. I wish it was in Holland.

We are not in the land of legalised prostitution. This is Naija! Some of us have lived abroad and decided that home is the best no matter what.

Is Holland better than your father's village? Nonsense!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by aloyemeka1: 9:16pm On Dec 18, 2011
niassawa:

I have Never been a Christian! And i will Never Be One!.  

You are free to go to hell. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by seneca(m): 9:17pm On Dec 18, 2011
This is what I wrote to Guardian newspaper. I hope they publish it.

A CLEAR CASE OF HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSE

Dear Editor,
I am sure most Nigerians would have seen the most outrageous video on the internet in recent times: Bishop Oyedepo’s “slapping out the devil method of deliverance”.  I wasn’t there when it happened but I saw the video and viewed it three times to be sure I saw what I saw. Bishop Oyedepo actually slapped a girl during the act of deliverance at a crusade. He asked the girl if she was a witch and the girl innocently chimed “I’m a witch for Jesus”. In a moment of grandeur, the flamboyant Bishop slapped the girl suddenly, to the shock of other officiating pastors. The video showed that the other members of the pastor’s crew were momentarily taken aback. The bishop then went ahead to dub the girl “a foul devil” who was not fit for deliverance and should therefore proceed to the pit of hell where she belonged!

My initial reaction was disbelief and then a violent anger. Who the hell is Bishop Oyedepo to say who will and who will not go to hell? Nigerians are generally a bunch of gullible people when it gets to religion and many so called men of God have enslaved Nigerians under the heavy burden of religion.  The girl in question most likely would be a house girl who had committed some childhood offence which most of us adult were guilty of in our youth, and madam, a religious bigot would have taken the hapless girl to the bishop for deliverance because only a witch could have done what the girl did.  Praying for someone to be delivered of whatever devil we have managed to manufacture for ourselves is one thing, assaulting a human being on national television is another. Only God knows the sort of atrocities the man of God would be committing in his private chamber of power where he alone knows the unfathomable mind of the Almighty.

It is my submission that all human rights activists in Nigeria should rise against bishop Oyedepo and take him to court, and if found guilty of this human rights abuse, should be punished to the full extent of the law, man of God or no man of God. It is people like bishop Oyedepo that give Nigeria a bad image abroad.  There are many issues of national importance that are yet to be tackled and the best our religious leaders can do is to blame it on the devil by assaulting innocent little ones on  ludicrous charges of witchcraft. It is high time Nigerians left this Stone Age culture of mindless religious practices, paranoia and boundless capacity for self deception. Religion encourages a belief in a Higher Being, love of God and man, respect for and tolerance of one another and hope of somewhere better than this plane after a weary existence on earth. The moment religion degenerates to the level of human rights abuse practitioners of such acts in the name of religion should be apprehended and thrown into jail without much ceremony.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2011
This has become the most popular thread of 2011 because am already looking at 19 pages of post comments.

The MOG should have done better. Men of God should be servants and not masters. He behaved like an pampered and overbearing employer. A man of God the other day shouted at me over the phone, 'You are very arrogant', In reply I just smiled then he slammed the phone. When I narrated his behaviour to his P.A. The guy told me that his master the MOG must have transferred aggression to me. Is that what it is supposed to be.

Men of God, learn from Christ, for he says ' I am meek and lowly '.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Aringarosa(m): 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2011
@Stagger - You obviously a victim of severe cretinism, a clueless dunce as yourself, a crack dullard.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by doctokwus: 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2011
Some people av created gods out of men& they now c themselves as such.Am not surprised @all,d way the followers of some of dis pastors/bishops worship them,u wud ask if they all donated their brains in addition to their money as d condition for worshipping in their churches.But jst as d catholic church, is coming to terms with d misdeeds of its MOG running decades back,so will d veil b lifted frm these bane,fraudulent beings we call MOG someday
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 9:57pm On Dec 18, 2011
doctokwus:

Some people av created gods out of men& they now c themselves as such.Am not surprised @all,d way the followers of some of dis pastors/bishops worship them,u wud ask if they all donated their brains in addition to their money as d condition for worshipping in their churches.But jst as d catholic church, is coming to terms with d misdeeds of its MOG running decades back,so will d veil b lifted frm these bane,fraudulent beings we call MOG someday

Indeed, someday.

But in Nigeria it will take forever. angry

Fingers crossed.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by numo86(m): 10:10pm On Dec 18, 2011
my problem is why are these mog's always around winches, cant d church just for once be free from demon possessed people, never did Jesus or his apostles gather witches to d synagogue to cast them out, they always met d victims of such circumstance while on d streets,and in impromptu situations, but today one oga go jus gather crowd to himself and do what he likes with them, and this is d result,
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by kramer: 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2011
eagleu:

I just looked at the video again, and the truth is that the poor uneducated girl was trying to say "Im not a witch, I am wi(c)sh for Jesus. Why was "bishop" in such a hurry to assault the girl even without understanding what she was saying. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Possible
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:42pm On Dec 18, 2011
"Do you know who you are talking to" kai! And mumu people will still go and give this fraudster money to build universities they cannot send their kids to.

A greedy pastor that preaches violence to women, flies in 4 private jets and decides who goes to hell or not. Tufiakwa!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Goshen360(m): 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2011
@ Stagger, I tell you the truth, I am a born again christian and and a student of the bible, not as taught by any church or man but i study the bible and allow the Holy Spirit to teach me. Let me clearly say to you in truth and in love as a christian(follower of Christ). YOU ARE NOT A FOLLOWER OF CHRIST BUT A FOLLOWER OF OYEDEPO. ALSO, NOTHING IS WRONG BEING A FOLLOWER OF OYEDEPO BUT IN AS MUCH AS HE FOLLOWS CHRIST. THIS IS THE BIBLE AND THIS IS CHRIST IN US. YOU ARE NOT DOING ANY GOOD JUSTIFYING OR DEFENDING OYEDEPO'S ACTION TO THAT GIRL. I SEE A CLEAR MISCONCEPTION OR MISUNDERSTANDING IN THAT CONVERSION BUT OYEDEPO AS A MAN OF GOD SHOULD NOT HAVE SLAPPED HER. JESUS, OUR PERFECT EXAMPLE NEVER DID THAT TO ANY HUMAN BEING AND IT IS ON THIS GROUND THAT I SAY OYEDEPO IS WRONG TO HAVE SLAPPED THE GIRL. EDUCATION, CIVILIZATION, RULE OF LAW, MAN OF GOD AND ANOINTING ASIDE, IT IS UNBIBLICAL AND UNSCRIPTURAL.

PLS DONT LET YOUR LOVE, LIKENESS OR PERSONAL INTEREST FOR THE MOG BLIND YOU TO WHAT THE BIBLE TEACHES. WHATEVER HEIGHT GOD HAD TAKEN YOU IN LIFE, IF YOU CAN SEE SOMETHING BAD AND CONNOT SIMPLY SAY IT IS BAD IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY MAN INVOLVED, I WONDER WHAT KIND OF BIBLE YOU ARE READING AND I WONDER THE KIND OF CHRISTIAN YOU ARE. GOD GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by canadaik(m): 10:57pm On Dec 18, 2011
she blasphemed when she claimed she was a witch for jesus, she is old enough to be his grand child, i dont see any reason why she cant be slapped!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by kramer: 11:09pm On Dec 18, 2011
canadaik:

she blasphemed when she claimed she was a witch for jesus, she is old enough to be his grand child, i dont see any reason why she cant be slapped!!

Yes say she was intentionally blaspheming is violence the right way to respond though? I personally find it unnecessary to strike people but rather speak to them instead (think of the effect this may have on the girl), but then again I have never been put in his situation before.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Goshen360(m): 11:17pm On Dec 18, 2011
canadaik:

She also said she is not a witch. This is clearly misunderstand of conversation between the MOG and the girl. The girl might as well thought it is an alter call for people to give their lives to Christ (just assuming) because she said, i am not a witch but winch for Christ. But the MOG should have been patience, ask more questions and not to hv slapped the girl in a hurry. This is not Christ-like.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Detongue: 11:21pm On Dec 18, 2011
I don't like castigating 'men of God' but to slap a person, be it a witch or wizard is unGodly. For d status of Oyedepo, who is a role model is shameful and a disgrace. I rest my case
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2011
seneca:

This is what I wrote to Guardian newspaper. I hope they publish it.

A CLEAR CASE OF HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSE

Dear Editor,
I am sure most Nigerians would have seen the most outrageous video on the internet in recent times: Bishop Oyedepo’s “slapping out the devil method of deliverance”.  I wasn’t there when it happened but I saw the video and viewed it three times to be sure I saw what I saw. Bishop Oyedepo actually slapped a girl during the act of deliverance at a crusade. He asked the girl if she was a witch and the girl innocently chimed “I’m a witch for Jesus”. In a moment of grandeur, the flamboyant Bishop slapped the girl suddenly, to the shock of other officiating pastors. The video showed that the other members of the pastor’s crew were momentarily taken aback. The bishop then went ahead to dub the girl “a foul devil” who was not fit for deliverance and should therefore proceed to the pit of hell where she belonged!

My initial reaction was disbelief and then a violent anger. Who the hell is Bishop Oyedepo to say who will and who will not go to hell? Nigerians are generally a bunch of gullible people when it gets to religion and many so called men of God have enslaved Nigerians under the heavy burden of religion.  The girl in question most likely would be a house girl who had committed some childhood offence which most of us adult were guilty of in our youth, and madam, a religious bigot would have taken the hapless girl to the bishop for deliverance because only a witch could have done what the girl did.  Praying for someone to be delivered of whatever devil we have managed to manufacture for ourselves is one thing, assaulting a human being on national television is another. Only God knows the sort of atrocities the man of God would be committing in his private chamber of power where he alone knows the unfathomable mind of the Almighty.

It is my submission that all human rights activists in Nigeria should rise against bishop Oyedepo and take him to court, and if found guilty of this human rights abuse, should be punished to the full extent of the law, man of God or no man of God. It is people like bishop Oyedepo that give Nigeria a bad image abroad.  There are many issues of national importance that are yet to be tackled and the best our religious leaders can do is to blame it on the devil by assaulting innocent little ones on  ludicrous charges of witchcraft. It is high time Nigerians left this Stone Age culture of mindless religious practices, paranoia and boundless capacity for self deception. Religion encourages a belief in a Higher Being, love of God and man, respect for and tolerance of one another and hope of somewhere better than this plane after a weary existence on earth. The moment religion degenerates to the level of human rights abuse practitioners of such acts in the name of religion should be apprehended and thrown into jail without much ceremony.

I sincerely hope they publish it because I will also publish a rejoinder. The use of the English Language is not the exclusive preserve of a few.  I will be waiting to take this up!

NB: I have the full video, not some spliced 5 minute stuff pasted on Youtube. Let us see where this will eventually end. And please, I hope your write-up can report the facts and not some cooked up figment of your imagination, which I have clearly highlighted in bold print.

This is how people start deceiving the public using the media; publishing distorted facts. We will set the records straight.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by 9icelag: 11:27pm On Dec 18, 2011
numo86:

my problem is why are these mog's always around winches, cant d church just for once be free from demon possessed people, never did Jesus or his apostles gather witches to d synagogue to cast them out, they always met d victims of such circumstance while on d streets,and in impromptu situations, but today one oga go jus gather crowd to himself and do what he likes with them, and this is d result,
if  they dont do that their gullible followers will not believe them so they have to cast out demons and perform staged miracles for them to outsmart the other pastors abi no be bizness
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by 9icelag: 11:35pm On Dec 18, 2011
Dear nairalanders we have a lot of MOG in Nigeria that perform miracles eg making the blind to see, cripple's to walk, the deaf to hear etc so there must be one of them that stays in our neighborhood , DO YOU KNOW ANY OF THEM. am just wondering
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by andyanders: 12:22am On Dec 19, 2011
@goshen360
You said the truth. In fact, I have slept over this issue and cannot be able to narrow why this man pastor behaved like an animal. No right thinking human being can act this way unless a madman. Jesus never acted in this form. If Oyedipo is in spirit, and also that the girl in question is a witch as claimed, is it not his duty to know in the spirit that it was the demon inside the girl speaking and not the girl. Since this man slapped this young girl, I doubt his calling OR the spirit of God has departed from him and he is still walking around claiming to be a man of God. God will judge this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (27) (Reply)

Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale / Covid-19 Relief Items From My Church This Morning / Top 10 Nigerian Pentecostal Churches With The Best Choir/Music Department

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.