Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,244 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:47 AM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73661 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 2:06pm On Dec 19, 2011
shadrach77:

okay, so the man of God slapped the lady right? what's the fuss? let's get some things in perspective

1. Bishop Oyedepo is old enough to be the lady's father, and a father is within his rights to correct his child - Revelations 3:19

2. The girl in question has not come out to complain so what's it will all these emergency "lawyers" and "human right activists?" why have you chosen to mourn the dead more than the bereaved?

3. This incident happened in 2009, (two years ago) so why the sudden fuss?

4. How many of these so called critics accusing the man of God, (hypocrites) can honestly say they were not canned by their parents whilst they were growing up? Some of those now forming 'ajebota' were woken up by koboko every morning - pls give us a break!

5. The bishop made a mistake but the last time i checked, he was human and he still is - he never claimed to be super-human. You are the one's putting the men of God on pedestials and when they fall off the high horse you put them on, you start complaining

6. The girl in question was blaspheming and deserves to be checked - even the bible supports this:

'A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.' - Proverbs 18:6 (KJV)

Only in Africa. So because i am old enough to father someone else's child gives me the right to hit them when i feel they are wrong. You are an uneducated ignorant nuisance. Even if it was 80 years ago this happened, he is still accountable for his actions. Police still investigate crimes 50 years later after the incidence you dumb Zap.

In your first point you justify his actions but in your 5th point you say he made a mistake. You silly c.u.n.t. Get an education.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Pukkah: 2:10pm On Dec 19, 2011
shadrach77:

okay, so the man of God slapped the lady right? what's the fuss? let's get some things in perspective

1. Bishop Oyedepo is old enough to be the lady's father, and a father is within his rights to correct his child - Revelations 3:19

2. The girl in question has not come out to complain so what's it will all these emergency "lawyers" and "human right activists?" why have you chosen to mourn the dead more than the bereaved?

4. How many of these so called critics accusing the man of God, (hypocrites) can honestly say they were not canned by their parents whilst they were growing up? Some of those now forming 'ajebota' were woken up by koboko every morning - pls give us a break!

5. The bishop made a mistake but the last time i checked, he was human and he still is - he never claimed to be super-human. You are the one's putting the men of God on pedestials and when they fall off the high horse you put them on, you start complaining

6. The girl in question was blaspheming and deserves to be checked - even the bible supports this:

'A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.' - Proverbs 18:6 (KJV)

Will you stop this travesty of logic and common sense? Who was the girl blaspheming? Jesus?  God?  Is My Oyedepo the owner or custodian of God or Jesus? Who appointed him as the 'Police' of God or Jesus?  Does God or Jesus not belong to all of us? Can anyone fight for God? So what do you say when muslims pounce on people and attack them for blasphemy?

In addition, a crime is a crime even if it was committed 100 years ago.  A crime is not time-barred and the culprit can be punished anytime the matter is discovered.  Do you get it?  By your own stretch of queer logic, would it be right to expect that God will not ask for an account of your deeds because they were committed two years ago? So why are you applying a different standard on Mr Oyedepo?

Again, the issue is not about whether Mr Oyedepo is old enough to be her father and could cane her for an offence. Anyway, do you want me to slap and cane you because I am old enough to be your father?  And really, what is the offence here? Where in law is it an offence to be a with for Jesus?  Furthermore, although you may have been caned by your parents as a kid, would you today accept being justly or unjustly slapped by a policeman? Answer please.

You guys should desist from quoting the Bible out of context in a desperate attempt to defend and shield your man of God.  You see, if indeed he was a true man of God, the spirit of God in him should keep him away from scandals and such gaffes. Isn't this enough evidence that his claim of being a representative of Jesus is questionable?

Did you read through all the comments before your post?  If yes and you still went ahead to post that then I think there's a problem with your own psyche, and if no, your case is one of the things that is wrong with Nigeria.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 2:13pm On Dec 19, 2011
@Tavon

You took the words straight out of my mouth or hands in this case.

He gives contradiction a whole new meaning.

Most of these guys justifying this fraud are confused and need brain checks.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by nomorename(f): 2:15pm On Dec 19, 2011
I have written a letter to the Home Sec informing her that the Bishop is a man who brands children as witches and is seen assaulting a girl in a video recording (also included YouTube title of Video), I am requesting that she cancel any leave he has been granted to enter the UK and he be denied any entry into the UK in future!
If you live in the UK this is one way to get back at Oyedepo!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 2:16pm On Dec 19, 2011
dare2think:

@Tavon

You took the words straight out my mouth or hands in this case.

He gives contradiction a whole new meaning.

Most of these guys justifying this fraud are confused and need brain checks.

bros me seff tire for d whole tin o. just contradiction upon contradiction. the man is god to them
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2011
shadrach77:

okay, so the man of God slapped the lady right? what's the fuss? l[b]et's get some things in perspective[/b]
I hope you're willing to do that.

1. Bishop Oyedepo is old enough to be the lady's father, you say. Yes, but he's not the lady's father, cos as you rightly say 'A father is within his rights to correct his child'. Not a pastor, or Man of God (abi na God of man) or someone old enough to be.

If you'd still be foolish enough to argue about Oyedepo being her father, I ask you, what wrong did the girl commit that he was trying to correct?
You talked about perspective, didn't you?

2. The girl in question has not come out to complain s old chilyo what's it will all these emergency "lawyers" and "human right activists?" why have you chosen to mourn the dead more than the bereaved?

A typical Nigerian mentality. If one is oppressed and can't complain, all is well with him/her. Do you understand the words fear and intimidation?

First off, what Oyedepo did is called a crime. Doesn't matter when it was committed. If someone killed a friend of yours, and was found out years later, would you say 'e don tey now, make we forget am?'

Finally, you choose the proven technique of all religious people 'attack is the best form of defense', HAS NO BEARING ON THE SUBJECT MATTER.

Nope. You put him on a high pedestal, when all of a sudden, you remember he's human. SO he's human, yet you're making excuses for him? The fact you call what he did a 'mistake' shows you accept what he did was wrong. So aren't you one of us? You're just too scared to call wrong WRONG cause the wrong was committed in the name of Jesus.

Classic goon. Right misapplication of an otherwise great bible verse.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Pukkah: 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2011
nomorename:

I have written a letter to the Home Sec informing her that the Bishop is a man who brands children as witches and is seen assaulting a girl in a video recording (also included YouTube title of Video), I am requesting that she cancel any leave he has been granted to enter the UK and he be denied any entry into the UK in future!

Well done! The madness pervading this land in the name of religion has to be curtailed.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by obxddon(m): 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2011
To all blind followers of Oyedepo, Bleep you alllllllll

The man bleeped up, with a lot of arrogance and pride in him.

I watched his preaching on the Thrusday before the last friday of his money making show, and he uttered words that were crazy
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by doctokwus: 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2011
If d mere mention of d english word "witch" by an uneducated,innocent, young girl can lead to her getting a massive slap& banishment to hell by d 'decider' of heaven or hell,I wonder what wud happen if she was actually caught in d act of 'witchcraft';perhaps a burning @ d stakes& condemnation to d deepest reaches of hell.
I jst wonder d criteria used in proclaiming sbody a witch or wizard,perhaps d MOG shd make it open to us so that we mere mortals can recognise one when we see them& quickly marshal same to their most holy of holies.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 19, 2011
@all ye critics on this thread, na God go judge una o, as e be say na una sabi judge man of God lipsrsealed
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by logica(m): 3:27pm On Dec 19, 2011
LOL. I hope that sooner than later, you f00ls will realize that the most honest of all these tricksters is Dr Sign Fireman who stated in all honesty that "God is a game" or something along those lines. The aim is to play the game so well as to buy private jets. That should be the ultimate aim.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2011
Madam olari,

Your Man of Fraud is a coward.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 3:34pm On Dec 19, 2011
nomorename:

I have written a letter to the Home Sec informing her that the Bishop is a man who brands children as witches and is seen assaulting a girl in a video recording (also included YouTube title of Video), I am requesting that she cancel any leave he has been granted to enter the UK and  he be denied any entry into the UK in future!

Who wants to live or even visit a dead country like the UK? Last I remembered, someone I know called me from there to send him money!

Phuuuaaaaaahhhhh! The country of prime ministers supporting g[i]a[/i]ys whose deviant behaviour is worse than animals!

The Winners family has enough money to pay the entire UK civil service for years at a stretch. To hell with your Home Sec petition!  UK my foot!
Baaah! tongue
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 3:36pm On Dec 19, 2011
obxddon:

To all blind followers of Oyedepo, bleep you alllllllll

The man bleeped up, with a lot of arrogance and pride in him.

I watched his preaching on the Thrusday before the last friday of his money making show, and he uttered words that were crazy

So why were you watching? To a madman, every other person is insane; he is the only sane one!

So I am not surprised that you thought the words crazy: the words were beyond the comprehension of your fa[i][/i]ot brain!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by DrKnow1(m): 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2011
Why is the erring bishop not saying anything or coming out to defend this barbaric act; or is he waiting for his army of image makers to do the dirty job for him. Or maybe he is too arrogant to acknowledge his mistakes.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by thehomer: 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2011
olari:

@all ye critics on this thread, na God go judge una o, as e be say na una sabi judge man of God lipsrsealed

You still think Oyeslapper is a man of God? What sort of God tolerates such terrible workers?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by DrKnow1(m): 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2011
Please go to the website below to sign a petition calling for action to be brought against the erring bishop.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-the-violence-against-women-in-nigeria.html
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 4:08pm On Dec 19, 2011
stagger:

Who wants to live or even visit a dead country like the UK? Last I remembered, someone I know called me from there to send him money!

Phuuuaaaaaahhhhh! The country of prime ministers supporting g[i]a[/i]ys whose deviant behaviour is worse than animals!

The Winners family has enough money to pay the entire UK civil service for years at a stretch. To hell with your Home Sec petition!  UK my foot!
Baaah! tongue

Mr Stagger Stagger,

Nice to know people asked you for money from abroad, but it's not nice to start singing your praises now haba!!! (Because you are a nice person, Im sure you sent the money) wink

I'm sure there are folks in 9ger who also ask people in the Uk to send them money. (So it goes both ways)
You said the 'Winner's Oyedepo's family has enough money to pay the entire UK civil service for years at a stretch', wouldn't it make more sense if the 'family' pays for the Nigeria's civil service first.

Afterall, between the two Nations, who needs it the most?

Oyedepo might be a Man of God to you, he is still a bully and Coward for hitting the poor girl
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Bolarge1(m): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2011
IF YOU DO NOT WORK IN THE SPIRIT YOU TALK AND DISCUSS CANALLY.

I DO NOT BELONG TO OYEDEPO'S CHURCH BUT I AM A CHILD OF GOD THAT DEALS WITH SPIRITUAL WARFARES.

DADDY OYEDEPO, WAS NOT DISCUSSING WITH THE GIRL, HE WAS TALKING WITH THE DEMON OPERATING IN THE LIFE OF THE GIRL AND HE SLAPPED THE DEMON FOR TALKING NONSENSE ABOUT JESUS.

YOU ARE ONLY SEEING THE GIRL PHYSICALLY BUT IT WAS SPIRITUALLY BEYOND WHAT YOU ARE SEEING.

THE GIRL ON HER OWN IS NOT IN FULL CONTROL OF WHAT SHE WAS SAYING. SHE WAS LIKE A MAN THAT WAS DRUNK.

MEN OF GOD WHO ARE INTO DELIVERANCE MINISTRATION CAN ONLY UNDERSTAND THIS.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by logica(m): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2011
Bo-large:

MEN OF GOD WHO ARE INTO DELIVERANCE MINISTRATION CAN ONLY UNDERSTAND THIS.
Mugu. Come to me for deliverance from ignorance.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 19, 2011
logica:

LOL. I hope that sooner than later, you f00ls will realize that the most honest of all these tricksters is Dr Sign Fireman who stated in all honesty that "God is a game" or something along those lines. The aim is to play the game so well as to buy private jets. That should be the ultimate aim.

MY QUOTE OF THE YEAR, wonderfully put LMAO
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by abouqi(f): 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2011
To all d bad mouths & their comments esp. Sagamite, (who feels on top of d world here 2 bad mouth others), l feel so sorry 4 U! Why do u choose 2 judge Men of God & how they go about their callings/ministries as if u were d one that called them or as if u were d one that called them. I think d way & manner at which they go about their ministries is none of your business! Can't u use your time judiciously than criticizing these Men of God?

I'm not surprised @ u guys, but disappointed @ all your spiritual foolishness!

This was at annual event called SHILOH ( one was concluded penultimate week). You might need to know that it was announced that the witches in attendance should come out & be saved! Surprisingly, they did (by d power of God!). The lady in question was among those of them that came out. But if u had watched the video clip well, u would have noticed that this lady was very arrogant & was not ready to be saved & hence "The Slap"! I will stop here in order NOT 4 the 2nd part of this criticism 2 commence!

Please l'll sincerely advice u guys 2 mind your utterances against these Men of God so as not 2 be (spiritually) slapped too! Your slaps might not be seen, but the consequences would definitely be pitied.

I'm not surprised Bishop David Oyedepo, Pastor E.A. Adeboye,, have gained a lot of popularity here because of what God has been using them to do 4 those that would believe, but would only advice u 2 look 4 other things 2 talk about (if you must talk!) or better still 2 concentrate on your career & excel in it dat people would talk about you too (either +ve or -ve).

Above all, ask for the forgiveness of your sins, Jesus is still waiting 4 u, His arms are opened 2 receive u & make u useful 2 urselves, families & d nation at large. Repent NOW!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by IdiAmin2(m): 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2011
only in Africa!!!

Oyedepo should have done this on camera when he had a crusade in LONDON about 3 months ago.

The Met. Police would have arrested his love-vendor-daddy behind and dragged him out of his private jet, charge him with assault and physical abuse.

to all you OLEdepo supporters calling him daddy and man of God - open your eyes and think with your brain
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by IdiAmin2(m): 5:27pm On Dec 19, 2011
logica:

Seconded!!!
This is the quote of the year!!!
Fireman is honest about the whole scam these so called men of god are playing with devotedly religious minds.

Sign Fireman: GOD IS A GAME. AND YOU KNOW THE FUNNIEST PART, THE GAME IS VERY EASY'

grin grin grin
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by fm7070: 5:29pm On Dec 19, 2011
Many people are just speaking out of ignorance.

1.  The girl may be mentally sick or unstable

2.  Did Jesus slap anyone because of their utterances? He only rebuked the spirit in them:  
Matt:16:23:  This was story of Peter. Jesus rebuked the spirit in him at that moment and did NOT hit him
Luke:4:8

M't:8:28 - 33 if you are true man of God, demon possessed people will fall. You just don't need to touch them, connect to the spiritual realm, rebuke the spirit, then see the power of God in action.

I can go on and on and on like that. All these people are funny sometimes. They just come and do some caricature for their congrgation. Using escology as prophesy.

They that seek the truth shall know the truth and those that know the truth shall be free indeed.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dekung(m): 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2011
i think it is high time we all stopped talking and start acting. that wicked old man needs to pay for that public assault on the poor girl. i saw the video and i was aaaaaannnnngggryyy!!!!!!!!. we all should stand up against this tyranny being perpetrated in the the name of defending god. nothing in this world gives that bald headed monster man a right to hit the girl. pls people stop talking and lets act. i wish we could get the lady's contact information and then educate her on the consequence and benefits of pressing charges. oyedepo is a wicked man!!!!. the expression of the girls countenance was that of shock and trepidation. you know the way you act when somebody much older accuses you of what you did not do but yet you have no way of proving your innocence. that was what the poor lady felt. that guy should be seued.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 5:39pm On Dec 19, 2011
@ Abouqi

Its a well known fact that only cowards hit on defenceless women.

If you are a woman and you still support this dastardly act all in the name of 'spirituality' then you are a disgrace to your fellow women and I hope your

husband/boyfriend will slap you around to remove your 'winches'.  

Ignorant buffoon!!

I hope your coward 'mog' use your face as a punching bag.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by talktrue1(m): 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2011
we are complaiing now because the girl didnt succeed in carrying out her motive to the church. if she had succedded, we will still be the shouting that Oyedepo is not a man of God. Many MoG has been brought down by just a chance like this.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2011
^^^^^^^^

Examples pls.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by yodiyokun(f): 5:49pm On Dec 19, 2011
Can anyone verify the authenticity of the video.

One should be wary of anything on the internet. Video clips can be modified to leave out contextual details that impact the overall conclusion. we are all passing judgement on a few minutes of video out of a full service.

If anyone has the full clip, kindly post it on Youtube.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Maykelly(f): 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2011
Some people in this forum like taking simple matters too far. If Bishop had slapped that girl right in His house for mis-behaving could that be a sin also?

Slapping the girl or slapping the boy in the presence of people does not make differences, whether Jesus slapped or not - it does not mean that we should spear the rod and spoil the child. That to me is a correction to the child and every other child watching that take Bishop as his Father.

The Bishop can flog to correct a child even though he is a man of God. see Duetomony 8 verse 5 "Thou shall also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the Lord thy God chasteneth thee.

Most problems some believers' are facing is that the Old testatment they don't see it as a word of God, Please read the whole bible from begining to end no leave is old.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 6:02pm On Dec 19, 2011
One would have thought that women, with all the  physical and emotional abuse often placed on them by bullish men, would stand together in solidarity to condemn this cowardly act.

But alas, they have thrown their brains away in the name of religion and accept an act that would generally be frowned upon.

The struggle continues,

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Exposed His Private Part To Stephanie Otobo - Keyamo Chamber / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale / Man Attacks Bishop Oyedepo On The Pulpit (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.