Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,120 members, 7,887,244 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:45 AM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73660 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 1:01am On Dec 19, 2011
only in africa loooool.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 1:13am On Dec 19, 2011
what really surprises me in africa is we practice christianity  more than the white people that introduced it to us in the first place. hypocritical.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Imotem: 1:14am On Dec 19, 2011
tavon:

what really surprises me in africa is we practice christianity more than the white people that introduced it to us in the first place. we as a nation are pathetic.

nice one,
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by kasim155: 1:51am On Dec 19, 2011
You only heard of it, and you started to make all sort of comment, I am not a winner member, and does not believe it and even if it is true, why cant u leave it for God, instead of making nonsense comment and bringing causes to yourself.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 19, 2011
@ Kasim, you've been brainwashed with fear of curses, whenever u speak about a man of god, people say " god will curse u ooo", thats all fallacy, ,  Shine your eyes are u will see that Mr Oyedepo is a job man,  He could have simply walked away, so what made u think he slapped her? that exposes his actions,  I think this is beyond mistakes,  God has a way of exposing these false prophets,  I feel sorry for members who give him their tithes,  he go chop and chill, !!!,
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 2:00am On Dec 19, 2011
kasim155:

You only heard of it, and you started to make all sort of comment, I am not a winner member, and does not believe it and even if it is true, why cant u leave it for God, instead of making nonsense comment and bringing causes to yourself.
shut your trap you lunatic. Heard what? its evident in the video to see that a so called man of God physically harassed a harmless girl. So is it your family who owns this forum? this is a public forum and i am allowed to voice my opinion. Last time i checked  it was a democratic society
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Imotem: 2:15am On Dec 19, 2011
great1:

@ Kasim, you've been brainwashed with fear of curses, whenever u speak about a man of god, people say " god will curse u ooo", thats all fallacy, ,  Shine your eyes are u will see that Mr Oyedepo is a job man,  He could have simply walked away, so what made u think he slapped her? that exposes his actions,  I think this is beyond mistakes,  God has a way of exposing these false prophets,  I feel sorry for members who give him their tithes,  he go chop and chill, !!!, 

I agree!

tavon:

shut your trap you lunatic. Heard what? its evident in the video to see that a so called man of God physically harassed a harmless girl. So is it your family who owns this forum? this is a public forum and i am allowed to voice my opinion. Last time i checked  it was a democratic society

Thank you!!! nICE ONE!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Theblessed(f): 2:20am On Dec 19, 2011
[b][size=16pt]Is that the person Nigerians idolate as a true man of God?

Is this truely a man of God?  Did Jesus slap any of the demon possessed people during his Ministry? Even the one that had a legion of demons living inside him-Jesus was compassionate towards them all. So, what is this Oyedepo teaching us, here? To slap the sick, instead of helping them, is it?

Deviating from pastoring the flock to brutalising the flock? angry angry

Oh, sorry - man of God!

So, by slapping a demon possessed, you rid them off the demons?  Jesus did not teach that, did he?

This behaviour only showed how wicked and intolerant this man is.  In behaving this way, goes to show he does not understand his role at all.  

Abusing vulnerable people that needs spiritual support from him only portrays him, as an anti-christ because, that's against the teachings of Jesus Christ - if you're not with the Lord, you're against him. You see, Oyedepo had forgotten that even the demon possessed woman, is also a child of God and that, Jesus came for them kind.

Now tell me, how could anyone with similar difficulty present themselves for help in his Church, I wonder!

An agressive man will always be agressive - no matter his orientation.

[/size][/b]
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nchara: 3:07am On Dec 19, 2011

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dasparrow: 5:16am On Dec 19, 2011
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dasparrow: 5:17am On Dec 19, 2011
Theblessed:

Is this truely a man of God?  Did Jesus slap any of the demon possessed people during his Ministry? Even the one that had a legion of demons living inside him-Jesus was compassionate towards them all. So, what is this Oyedepo teaching us, here? To slap the sick, instead of helping them, is it?

Oh, sorry - man of God!

So, by slapping a demon possessed, you rid them off the demons?  Jesus did not teach that, did he?

This behaviour only showed how wicked and intolerant this man is.  In behaving this way, goes to show he does not understand his role at all.  

Abusing vulnerable people that needs spiritual support from him only portrays him, as an anti-christ because, that's against the teachings of Jesus Christ - if you're not with the Lord, you're against him. You see, Oyedepo had forgotten that even the demon possessed woman, is also a child of God and that, Jesus came for them kind.

Now tell me, how could anyone with similar difficulty present themselves for help in his Church, I wonder!

[/size][/b]  

I totally agree with you.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by owo2000: 5:43am On Dec 19, 2011
Calm down folks! Our father Bishop David Oyedepo is a servant of God and a man. In John 2:15 Jesus had to to display some measure of physical authority. 

John 2: 15 So he made a[b] whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

I am so tired of all you whining, weak and fruitless folks. The woman claimed she was a witch. The Bishop must have reacted out of disgust on hearing her.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by 9icelag: 6:33am On Dec 19, 2011
owo2000%:

Calm down folks! Our father Bishop David Oyedepo is a servant of God and a man. In John 2:15 Jesus had to to display some measure of physical authority. 

John 2: 15 So he made a[b] whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

I am so tired of all you whining, weak and fruitless folks. The woman claimed she was a witch. The Bishop must have reacted out of disgust on hearing her.
You need help if she were to be your sister or daughter you wont be ranting like this abeg move on
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by eagleu: 6:44am On Dec 19, 2011
owo2000%:

Listen to the girl again, and maybe get someone who understands Igbo accentuated pidgin English better. The obviously uneducated girl said, I'm not a witch, I'm wish(winch) for Jesus.
Please tell me you and your "bishop" are playing a badly written drama angry
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 19, 2011
Oyedepo the god! He even pronounced judgement on the lady before judgement day. Melieu control using the fear of curses to keep their members in a stranglehold of total subjectivity.

The lady sounds like an overzealous illitrate whose understanding of the word witch was a bit deficient and all the 419 self appointed bishop could do was physically assault her. A man capable of hitting a woman in public will definitely be a terror to his spouse at home.

Now after the damage, they will quickly send emmissaries to the lady to further exploit her vulnerability and keep her under their control for fear of other parties giving her a helping hand in seeking justice. This is thesame woman that was asked to go and burn in hell previously.

What is the difference between Oyedepo and Rev. King? What is the difference between Oyedepo and those spiritualists who brutalise children in Cross Rivers under the guise of exorcising withcraft?

Thank God, another one has been exposed. The internet is quite powerful, a scot who has never been to Nigeria brought up this issue yesterday in the usual "only in Nigeria" way and I did not have a choice than to become defensive saying greater abuses are perpetrated by ministers in the western world. Hopefully the other criminals giving christianity a bad name will follow soon.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by 9icelag: 6:58am On Dec 19, 2011
folks watch the video closely the second time the self acclaimed bishop ask the girl who she is the girl blocked her face cos she was expecting another slap. Bishop oyedepo you goofed on this one
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by marvel10: 7:29am On Dec 19, 2011
Poster, it was humane and brave of you to do this. Whilst we are on the subject, I am suggesting:

1. The Ogun State Police begin investigating the likely(unanimous, I am afraid) assault charge on this man. Sadly, because the Nigerian Police have proven to be criminally minded and so desperately cheap, I believe they will be bribed to drop the case.

2. Oyedipo should publicly apologise as happily this has now left his kingdom. He needs to address his church members, the Nigerian public (and throw a line about Yaradua's visit), those in the Diaspora and Christians globally.

3. I would like to see Organisations against violent and general abuse towards women campaign the government on this woman's behalf. It would be helpful if Igbos who tend to 'stick together' can put some money together to get a notable human rights lawyer like Keyamo (check where he worships o) behind her. Kai, how I wish Fawehinmi was alive,

4. Around July this year, an acquaintance was crying her eyes out at her decision to allow her daughter attend Oyedipo's Abuja University. Since she and her husband can be classed as poor, they couldn't turn down the scholarship the girl was fortunate to receive. But as a closely knit bunch, the decision for the Uni to take the girl's mobile phone (all the students I hear) proved too much as they couldn't verify her needs. The girl did not go with much, they just couldn't get hold of her. Is this not an abuse of her human rights? If that girl was ever in a situation where she was abused by someone in an authoritative postion, how would she tell her folks? Someone advise Oyedipo not to allow arrogance make him fall badly.

5. It is high time Oyedipo is made to pay tax, as it is clear that he is more of a businessman and less of a so called MOG. All this buying private jets needs to be tallied against the tithes to the church. If it is from his pocket, no issues. If it is from the church, sorry,
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Mobinga: 8:51am On Dec 19, 2011
Theblessed:

Oh, sorry - man of God!

[/size][/b]  

Shut up. All this nonsense write-up and you don't know how to spell "agressive".

1 Like

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by chlowi(f): 9:04am On Dec 19, 2011
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo Dehumani
« #7 on: December 17, 2011, 03:18 PM »

@ all the angered posters.

Allow me transcribe this girls encounter with the MOG for you:

MOG:, is broken in the name of Jesus.
Congregation: Amen
MOG: (talking to the girl) you've been there how long?
Girl: am not a "winch", I am a "winch" for Jesus.
MOG: you are what?
Girl: am, my own "winch" is for Jesus. I don't use,
MOG: you are a foul devil! Do you know who you are talking to? Foul devil (gives girl slap). Where are you from?
Girl: Am from Imo state.
MOG: when did you join witchcraft?
Girl: Am not a "winch", I am a "winch" for Jesus.
MOG: Jesus has not witches, you are a devil. You are not set for deliverance, you are free to go to hell.

@ dare2think
So, she came out only to be told she is not fit for 'deliverance'.
yea she came out for deliverance but she was surely not ready for deliverance. No one can force you into deliverance, you must willingly accept it. Did you listen to what she said? All you cared about was the slap which was actually as a result of her utterance. She was not fit for deliverance meaning she was not ready for deliverance, thats the reason the MOG said she was free (i.e @ her own will) to go to hell.

What warranted slapping her?
Her blasphemous utterance associating Jesus with devils activity which is witchcraft! It is not acceptable and very demonic statement. She knew what she was doing by say that. Do you think she came out for deliverance? She came out to utter those words in order to confuse the congregation and perpetrate her evil schemes. She deserved more than the slap but the slap was a demonstration of Jesus' victory over the devil who is her master. She was uttering what the devil put on her lips because she was surely possessed. So live with it bro!!!

Is Christianity not meant to be the religion of love?
Christianity is NOT a religion of love rather Christianity is love and love is Christianity.

Finally, you poster is clearly ignorant of what transpires in the spiritual realm. The devil is at constant war and struggle with God for the souls of men, so he does not play fair. He will do anything and everything to get the souls of men. If you are aware of this spiritual struggle, you will not be surprised at that slap because the implication of the girls statement is deep but you are blind and all you could see was the slap!

The girl is an agent and she was very bold to utter those words right before the MOG of that calibre! So she received just a token of disrespecting the MOG. But mind you, the words uttered by the MOG is even more devastating than the slap cos the girl must genuinely repent and seek forgiveness from the MOG which she will get if she's genuinely repented.

Have you ever been attacked by demonically possessed before? If you do not know anything about this, please stop the shout about the slap before you are slapped yourself.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>You call this right ? a clear case of violence and abuse ? well am not surprised cos you have been brainwashed, probably it should have been your mum in that lady"s shoes am damn sure u wnt have to run your mouth like this in public concerninn such a trivial issue , even the bible clearly states that we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and power , speaking the word of God alone would have moved more mountains rather than infringing on her human right, what right does he even have to to judge her telling her to go to hell that she aint ready to be delivered ooohhhhh gushhh God purnish des evil bastards who parade themselves as God calld pastors .
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Pukkah: 9:12am On Dec 19, 2011
marvel10:

Poster, it was humane and brave of you to do this. Whilst we are on the subject, I am suggesting:

1. The Ogun State Police begin investigating the likely(unanimous, I am afraid) assault charge on this man. Sadly, because the Nigerian Police have proven to be criminally minded and so desperately cheap, I believe they will be bribed to drop the case.

2. Oyedipo should publicly apologise as happily this has now left his kingdom. He needs to address his church members, the Nigerian public (and throw a line about Yaradua's visit), those in the Diaspora and Christians globally.

This is a good place to start.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by stagger: 9:30am On Dec 19, 2011
I cannot believe that very many people here have not even asked why the girl decided to get initiated into witchcraft.

Shows the kind of society we have where people have maximum disdain for the things of God and take sides with the devil's agents!

"witch for Jesus"! She is lucky she was not slapped more for her effrontery on the King of Kings!

If she was not a witch, why did she come out in a congregation of close to 100,000 people? She came out because Bishop gave a 10 count; they know when they have met a superior power and I will say boldly that Bishop deserves kudos at a time when so many other priests are even supporting g[i]a[/i]y marriage.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by DrKnow1(m): 9:34am On Dec 19, 2011
Please go to the website below to sign a petition calling for action to be brought against the erring bishop.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/stop-the-violence-against-women-in-nigeria.html
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by logica(m): 9:46am On Dec 19, 2011
stagger:

I cannot believe that very many people here have not even asked why the girl decided to get initiated into witchcraft.

Shows the kind of society we have where people have maximum disdain for the things of God and take sides with the devil's agents!

"witch for Jesus"! She is lucky she was not slapped more for her effrontery on the King of Kings!
Monkey, you have no business in 2011. 1411 is the year you belong in. I wish you could stagger back in time to that period, but I can only wish.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dejavus: 9:55am On Dec 19, 2011
Enough of all this "be careful of wat u say against men of God" or"touch not my annointing" blah blah blah,  This can only happen in Nigeria am afraid and its partly due to the type of leaders we have who have absolutely no concern for the welfare of the populace, obviously the girl needs help either from poverty or from a psychiatric hospital and all the pastor could do was condemn her to hell because she refused to be labelled a witch? I wonder why these pastors do not practice there brand of christianity in the States or the UK am pretty sure they ll be in jail now for one human right violation of another. Churches need to have boundary which is the responsibilty of a sane government but alas Nigerian does not posses one, Nigerians are the only people on earth that will link loss of Job due to economic recession as the work of witchcraft and the death through accident as the watch of your enemies forgeting the fact that the Car in question is not mechanically sound, of the driver at the wheel is not qualified to drive or even the road itself is not fit for purpose. Nigerians are so helpless but to turn to "men of God" even if the so called "man of God" is obviously wrong all they can offer in response is that "be careful of wat u say against men of God",  blah blah blah,  Nigeria will NEVER move forward until we are critical of these so called "men of god". (if anybody requires further explanantion I ll be happy to give it.)

I am already drafting a letter to the home secretary in the UK and my local MP on this issue , either the Man is tried by Nigerian government or he ll banned from entering the UK.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by rabzy: 10:01am On Dec 19, 2011
owo2000%:

This Girl is said to be possessed by an evil spirit, so she is not in control of herself, so how why would Oyedepo slapped the girl and abuse her. It is wrong for for him to slap her. The people that were chased out by Jesus were thieves and robbers and they were in the wrong place, the traders knew what they were doing, a demon-possessed person is possessed i.e she is controlled by other forces, so he is not suppose to vent his anger on her.

Jesus Christ was called many things by many people, witnesses lied against him to his very face and he was slapped during his trials. So what disrespect are some people talking about here. The man had no right legally and no christian principles on which he would base his actions.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tempest01(m): 10:12am On Dec 19, 2011
Y'all are ignorant bunches, being a witch is different from being possessed, though u can be a witch and be possessed. The pastor is human, and is prone to anger. When God's temple was used to change money and as a market place, how did Jesus react We are letting the morals and customs of another place influence us.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by logica(m): 10:18am On Dec 19, 2011
tempest01:

We are letting the morals and customs of another place influence us.
Oh! I didn't know Christianity was part of "our" customs. Care to enlighten us on how a religion from the Middle East, and modified for mass indoctrination in the Dark Ages became part of our culture?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by niassawa(f): 10:21am On Dec 19, 2011
[s]I cannot believe that very many people here have not even asked why the girl decided to get initiated into witchcraft.

If she was not a witch, why did she come out in a congregation of close to 100,000 people? She came out because Bishop gave a 10 count; they know when they have met a superior power and I will say boldly that Bishop deserves kudos at a time when so many other priests are even supporting gay marriage.[/s]

----------------------------------------
What of the boy who said " i USE to Think of Sexual things"?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by niassawa(f): 10:30am On Dec 19, 2011
jail Oyedepo Now!!!!

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by logica(m): 10:38am On Dec 19, 2011
To answer the poser: "How come only orphans and widows are found to be witches?"

Simplistic (and of course dimwitted) answer from a Nigerian religious bigot:
How can you lose both your parents or husband if you are not a witch?

For rational folk, I'm sure your eyes are popping in amazement, but that's how their mind works.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by rabzy: 10:39am On Dec 19, 2011
tempest01:

Y'all are ignorant bunches, being a witch is different from being possessed, though u can be a witch and be possessed. The pastor is human, and is prone to anger. When God's temple was used to change money and as a market place, how did Jesus react We are letting the morals and customs of another place influence us.

We were just discussing this in the office, a colleague said he was there when it happened, another that went to covenant University was wondering why the fuss about it, that it happened like two years ago and also it was no the first time he is slapping people during service. Many are aware that he also lay curses on people. This Man is not acting like he is human, he is acting like he is a demi-god, able to seal people's fate and condemn people to eternal damnation. If he is human and its a mistake why is he not admitting and why is he repeating them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Exposed His Private Part To Stephanie Otobo - Keyamo Chamber / Anita Oyakhilome Opens Up After Divorce Tale / Man Attacks Bishop Oyedepo On The Pulpit (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.