Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,667 members, 7,914,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 11:44 AM

Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo (73781 Views)

Poll: in your opinion, was the slap justified?

Yes: 13% (48 votes)
No: 86% (296 votes)
This poll has ended

The Actual Declaration Of Bishop David Oyedepo. / Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tempest01(m): 10:41am On Dec 19, 2011
logica:

Oh! I didn't know Christianity was part of "our" customs. Care to enlighten us on how a religion from the Middle East, and modified for mass indoctrination in the Dark Ages became part of our culture?
@logica I'm not saying christianity is our custom. Most tribes in our country does not frown @ the act of discipline from the elder to the younger which I perceive was what happened here, This girl confessed to being a witch, that should be the highlight here, they are normally inhumane. If you av enough experience in the matter as the 'man of God' did, u'll also get annoyed if she lays claim to the 'witch for Jesus'.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tempest01(m): 10:48am On Dec 19, 2011
rabzy:

We were just discussing this in the office, a colleague said he was there when it happened, another that went to covenant University was wondering why the fuss about it, that it happened like two years ago and also it was no the first time he is slapping people during service. Many are aware that he also lay curses on people. This Man is not acting like he is human, he is acting like he is a demi-god, able to seal people's fate and condemn people to eternal damnation. If he is human and its a mistake why is he not admitting and why is he repeating them.

Okay I'm not trying to justify all his actions, but from this particular topic, I am trying to see reason not to condemn him. I don't attend his church, school or know him personally. I think if people believe his ministry enough to attend his church, this shouldn't be an issue, though the publicity he gets should make him adjust mentality.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by bowdre2012: 11:07am On Dec 19, 2011
Glancin tru all d previous comments frm most viewers of the video, my opinion is diz, sincerely speakin, although the bishop was wrong in slappin d gurl n such manner buf, frm a religious point of view, i see nothing wrong in wat he did, as a man of God and even a Christian, it seems very annoyin to hear som1 say, he or she is a witch of Jesus and even the bible said Jesus rebuked such persons, she evn deserves more dan a slap fr wt she uttered, The bishop is a typical African man who understands Christian hood so he has d right to get pissed over such statement. She came out fr deliverance, and all she could say dah she is a witch for Jesus, Is she tryin to say dah there is a relationship between Jesus Christ and Evil? The Bible evn noted that Darkness and Light hax gat no relationship, Now, even though she had said that, on neutral groundx, the Bishop shouldnt have slapped her n such a public scene to avoid any form of controversies because he is a role model to millions of followers, buf, av gt no right to neither judge his actions nor the gurl's speech, she might evn be a novice without knowledge of d implications 4 wt she said, the Answer is left for God so stop sayin trash about a man of God, its a sin, u silly unbeleivers angry,
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 11:13am On Dec 19, 2011
If anyone justifies the action of this mere mortal posing as a "man of god" then he is insane. How can you justify this action. Come to America and try that shit.loool.

This is 2011 and we are still in this business of burning witches. The whole world is moving forward and we are going back.

So all the little girls who are intrigued and fascinated by twilight are they also witches and condemned togo to hell too? Are you also calling people who dress in black leather and call themselves goths witches and wizards.

Uneducated idiots.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 11:15am On Dec 19, 2011
Bowdre2012

Your man of Fraud is a charlatan and a bully.

He is also a coward for hitting a vulnerable young girl.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 11:23am On Dec 19, 2011
bowdre2012:

Glancin tru all d previous comments frm most viewers of the video, my opinion is diz, sincerely speakin, although the bishop was wrong in slappin d gurl n such manner buf, frm a religious point of view, i see nothing wrong in wat he did, as a man of God and even a Christian, it seems very annoyin to hear som1 say, he or she is a witch of Jesus and even the bible said Jesus rebuked such persons, she evn deserves more dan a slap fr wt she uttered, The bishop is a typical African man who understands Christian hood so he has d right to get pissed over such statement. She came out fr deliverance, and all she could say dah she is a witch for Jesus, Is she tryin to say dah there is a relationship between Jesus Christ and Evil? The Bible evn noted that Darkness and Light hax gat no relationship, Now, even though she had said that, on neutral groundx, the Bishop shouldnt have slapped her n such a public scene to avoid any form of controversies because he is a role model to millions of followers, buf, av gt no right to neither judge his actions nor the gurl's speech, she might evn be a novice without knowledge of d implications 4 wt she said, the Answer is left for God so stop sayin trash about a man of God, its a sin, u silly unbeleivers angry,

so from your point of view bombing innocent people in the name of Allah is also acceptable. You need help seriously
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 19, 2011
I'm shocked that any sane person would see nothing wrong in an alleged "Bishop" slapping a member of his congregation, who came to him for help. This Oyedope ministry just goes to show how commercial such churches have become in Nigeria. And how gullible people can be. If members of such churches applaud an action of violence by a rogue "Bishop", then Nigeria has a long, long way to go.

Oyepode's church is nothing more than a con-artist's haven, and his congregation that applauded him, when he slapped that young girl? A bunch of brainwashed sheep, who are guilty of a greater sin - failing to use the brains God gave them, they're mere puppets on a string.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tpia5: 11:26am On Dec 19, 2011
But there is no outcry from nigerians over the huge population of nigerian girls being trekked through the sahara to work as p.rostitutes in europe and elsewhere.

Anything unusual about these jacked up priorities?

Not when there's a shakedown scheme in the offing.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Ricdave(m): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2011
Please let's be careful abt our conclusions.For some of you dat care 2 understand, she blasphemed now. Does Jesus have witches? Its only the devil, she can't come Ƭõ̸̳͡  his altar and mention such. Am sure the devil was even speaking through her and bishop was mad at the devil ιη that sermon. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ the slap Íڪ not the issue, what led Ƭõ̸̳͡  the slap, and who he was actually slappin---- †̥̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ǝ̍̍̍̍̊ devil.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 11:36am On Dec 19, 2011
We are talking about an innocent girl's physical abuse, someone is talking about prostitution.

Lol.

Nigerians I hail thee.

I guess we should start discussing about our foreign policies on this thread now.

How is that for priorities?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 11:37am On Dec 19, 2011
Ricdave:

Please let's be careful abt our conclusions.For some of you dat care 2 understand, she blasphemed now. Does Jesus have witches? Its only the devil, she can't come Ƭõ̸̳͡  his altar and mention such. Am sure the devil was even speaking through her and bishop was mad at the devil ιη that sermon. S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ the slap Íڪ not the issue, what led Ƭõ̸̳͡  the slap, and who he was actually slappin---- †̥̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ǝ̍̍̍̍̊ devil.

you need an education.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by TenKobo1: 11:40am On Dec 19, 2011
grin grin Sometimes the discussion get more interesting. grin grin grin
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by niassawa(f): 11:52am On Dec 19, 2011
jail oyedepo now

Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by thebaisify(m): 11:55am On Dec 19, 2011
owo2000%:

Calm down folks! Our father Bishop David Oyedepo is a servant of God and a man. In John 2:15 Jesus had to to display some measure of physical authority. 

John 2: 15 So he made a[b] whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

I am so tired of all you whining, weak and fruitless folks. The woman claimed she was a witch. The Bishop must have reacted out of disgust on hearing her.

It's easy for people like you to mis-interprete the bible in order to hoodwink the gullible. This is what those moslem extremists do; they translate the koran in a way that suits them and in so doing, brain wash their followers into becoming suicide bombers.

That passage you have just quoted did not say that Jesus battered or slapped anyone for using the Lord's Temple for trading. He used the stick to disrupt/destroy/knock down the stalls, tables and so on. JESUS did not ATTACK anyone or slap anyone.

Look, go back to that video and watch it with some objectivity.

The lady, an illiterate, stated categorically that she WAS NOT a 'WINCH' but a 'winch' for Jesus. Perhaps she was only trying, in her own words, to say that she was a fighter/warrior/soldier for Jesus. Even if she said that to 'deceive' people in to believing that indeed 'witches' are a force for good; we all are well versed to know that it cannot be true because witch craft is associated with black magic/evil deeds etc.

Point is that in slapping her and telling her to go to hell; Oyedepo acted like G.O.D and declared judgment on the poor, hapless girl.

G.O.D has given us what animals don't have- CHIOCE; the freedom to choose between good and evil. And this is something no mortal, including Oyedepo, can take away.

If the girl has chosen witchcraft, then let her be.

We all will account for our time here on earth on the last day; including Oyedepo so he was wrong to have done what he did. Chikena!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by pannyman(m): 11:57am On Dec 19, 2011
I showed this video to the folks in my office and they were all reluctant to condemn this man's action. This shows how much of a grip the pastors have on the psyche of the "God-fearing" Nigerians.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 19, 2011
Ricdave:

Now you're acting like a moronic r[i]e[/i]tard. Of course the slap is the issue here. Regardless of what she said, if she was possessed or not, that phony Bishop had no right to physically abuse her. How many demons did Jesus come across in the Bible, and how many did he slap?

I'd say you were a brainwashed sheep, but that would not be entirely correct. To be brainwashed, a brain is obviously required. Sadly, your misshapen cranium doesn't appear to hold one of these.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by thebaisify(m): 12:09pm On Dec 19, 2011
pannyman:

I showed this video to the folks in my office and they were all reluctant to condemn this man's action. This shows how much of a grip the pastors have on the psyche of the "God-fearing" Nigerians.

'God fearing' Nigerians indeed and yet the country is messed up!!!!

Hypocrites.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by gogodaye(m): 12:22pm On Dec 19, 2011
Another Nigerian Jesus doing well what all the established tingod 'jesus' from this part of the globe are best known for. Abeg na who know the lady well make NL lawyers take steps to get her instructions to initiate both civil and criminal compliaints on her behalf.
And for their deceived follow follow followership today na the hapless Imo lady turn, Tommorrow, go be dem turn too.
I STILL DEY HAPPY SAY BOTH JESUS AND MOHAMMED DEM NO BE NIGERIANS
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tavon(m): 12:27pm On Dec 19, 2011
Before the missionaries came, we Africans were killing twins because we actually believed they were witches or demons.

After Mary Slessor arrived and introduced us to christainity we are now using the Bible to incite our wicked acts on the defenseless.

If u want to hold an arguement and justify the acts of this man then go ahead and do so logically but please dont use the Bible to support this act as everyone is not a christian. Last time i checked it was the constitution that served as the law of the land.

Think about it. If a muslim supported suicide bombing we christians will be calling muslims all sorts of names but at the end of the day if we are to use the logic of slapping the girl was the right thing to do then i guess a muslim bombing a train full of unbelievers is also acceptable .
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by tpia5: 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2011
let's spare some indignation for the nigerian girls being p.imped out by fellow nigerians as p.rostitutes everywhere.

thanks.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 12:48pm On Dec 19, 2011
lol
Tpia@, you give me jokes.

Why dont you let us open a new thread and discuss that issue rather than trying to divert the attention off this Charlatan.

Agree?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by odedele: 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2011
'igbati' deliverance ministry
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by dare2think: 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2011
pannyman:

Ha ha.

Today must be comedy day

God fearing?  yet number 143 on the most corrupt nation's list.

Jokers.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Okijajuju1(m): 1:20pm On Dec 19, 2011
I just saw the video and I'm in utter shock!!

Even Jesus wey be the "Gowon" of this their religion no slap anybody throughout ehn life.

Oyedepo and co!! Una dey carry boys play!

One day una go see that thing wey dey find!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Gbawe: 1:34pm On Dec 19, 2011
This is totally disgusting !!!! I have just seen this and I think it is appalling !!!!! I am ashamed as a Nigerian !!!! How can anyone speak in support of this neanderthal ? He assaulted this poor girl before the entire world !!!!! Is this the image we Nigerians are happy for the world to judge us by? This man deserved to be charged for assault and jailed !!!! That is the only thing that will show the world that we don't condone the brutal assault, against the most vulnerable, Africa is known for !!! Sadly that will not happen with many of our politicians , including GEJ, deifying this barbaric charlatan to the extent they are queueing up to be 'annointed' by him !!!

I can only pray for God (the real God) to come to the aid of the poor and disenfranchised in Nigeria so that they may have valiant protection from a wicked society where the rich and powerful do as they please. If it were my own daughter Oyedipo slapped, he would be finished . His whole fake empire will come crashing down on his wicked head.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Pukkah: 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2011
tavon:

Before the missionaries came, we Africans were killing twins because we actually believed they were witches or demons.

After Mary Slessor arrived and introduced us to christainity we are now using the Bible to incite our wicked acts on the defenseless.

If u want to hold an arguement and justify the acts of this man then go ahead and do so logically but please dont use the Bible to support this act as everyone is not a christian. Last time i checked it was the constitution that served as the law of the land.

Think about it. If a muslim supported suicide bombing we christians will be calling muslims all sorts of names but at the end of the day if we are to use the logic of slapping the girl was the right thing to do then i guess a muslim bombing a train full of unbelievers is also acceptable .

How many of the missionaries even slapped people?  Nigerians have 'religionized' every problem including those that need medical or psychological intervention of which the case of the girl in question may be one.  

How many of the missionaries caught witches or wizards?  How many of the missionaries proffer spiritual solutions to problems that needed common sense, medicine or diplomacy to solve?

tpia@:

let's spare some indignation for the nigerian girls being p.imped out by fellow nigerians as p.rostitutes everywhere.

thanks.

The Nigerian girls being traded is a different subject which, though needs attention, should not be allowed to derail the issue at hand.

pannyman:

It is this useless psyche that has continued to hold the country down.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Gbawe: 1:44pm On Dec 19, 2011
Pukkah:

How many of the missionaries even slapped people?  Nigerians have 'religionized' every problem including those that need medical or psychological intervention of which the case of the girl in question may be one.  

Thank you !!! She certainly does not deserve to be physically assaulted before the entire world by a savage !!! I wish Oyedepo could be charged and prosecuted for this but , sadly, that won't happen. He is a "big man" and a member of the 'untouchable' club of Nigeria (UCN). This is why he can do this with cameras filming !!! Choi this man has embarrassed us no be small !!!!
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Pukkah: 1:50pm On Dec 19, 2011
Gbawe:

This is totally disgusting !!!! I have just seen this and I think it is appalling !!!!! I am ashamed as a Nigerian !!!! How can anyone speak in support of this neanderthal ? He assaulted this poor girl before the entire world !!!!! Is this the image we Nigerians are happy for the world to judge us by? This man deserved to be charged for assault and jailed !!!! That is the only thing that will show the world that we don't condone the brutal assault, against the most vulnerable, Africa is known for !!! Sadly that will not happen with many of our politicians , including GEJ, deifying this barbaric charlatan to the extent they are queueing up to be 'annointed' by him !!!

I can only pray for God (the real God) to come to the aid of the poor and disenfranchised in Nigeria so that they may have valiant protection from a wicked society where the rich and powerful do as they please. If it were my own daughter Oyedipo slapped, he would be finished . His whole fake empire will come crashing down on his wicked head.

I'm with you on this. Mr Oyedepo should be arrested and tried for this unwarranted assault and aggression on this defenceless girl.
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by shadrach77: 1:53pm On Dec 19, 2011
okay, so the man of God slapped the lady right? what's the fuss? let's get some things in perspective

1. Bishop Oyedepo is old enough to be the lady's father, and a father is within his rights to correct his child - Revelations 3:19

2. The girl in question has not come out to complain so what's it will all these emergency "lawyers" and "human right activists?" why have you chosen to mourn the dead more than the bereaved?

3. This incident happened in 2009, (two years ago) so why the sudden fuss?

4. How many of these so called critics accusing the man of God, (hypocrites) can honestly say they were not canned by their parents whilst they were growing up? Some of those now forming 'ajebota' were woken up by koboko every morning - pls give us a break!

5. The bishop made a mistake but the last time i checked, he was human and he still is - he never claimed to be super-human. You are the one's putting the men of God on pedestials and when they fall off the high horse you put them on, you start complaining

6. The girl in question was blaspheming and deserves to be checked - even the bible supports this:

'A fool's lips enter into contention, and his mouth calleth for strokes.' - Proverbs 18:6 (KJV)
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Pukkah: 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2011
Gbawe:

Thank you !!! She certainly does not deserve to be physically assaulted before the entire world by a savage !!! I wish Oyedepo could be charged and prosecuted for this but , sadly, that won't happen. He is a "big man" and a member of the 'untouchable' club of Nigeria (UCN). This is why he can do this with cameras filming !!! Choi this man has embarrassed us no be small !!!!

Sadly, it does appear that a shortcut to getting immunity from questioning, let alone prosecution, from acts of misdemeanours or felony is to become a self-styled or 'God-called' 'man of God'.  These guys have a way of manacling the reasoning of their followers and shackling their intelligence. embarassed  Even the leaders (governors and Presidents) kowtow to these men who indeed are an affront to genuine Christianity.

What has not gone to the dogs in Nigeria?
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by mikeapollo: 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2011
niassawa:

T.b joshua dey give bag of rice, money and bible to  people wey their witch reach 7 powers, while David oyedepo dey give hot slap!

All the witch go change base ,!,,

TB Joshua does not just give rice.money and bible to people. He uses the anointing in his life to cast out the demons and deliver the people. He does it in the full glare of the congregaton. At the time of confession/testimony, family members/relatives of the delivered person are invited to witness his/her confessions. Everyhthing is done beyond any doubt.

But here we are with a so-called Bishop, slapping a little girl who did not fight back. That girl will surely receive forgiveness and deliverance from The Lord, while the arrogant pharisee Bishop wld incure the anger of God.

Ironically, these are the pastors, and their Pharisees Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) group who have been peddling evil lies against Prophet TB Joshua who has been doing what they cannot do, all because they are empty and jealous!
I wonder what would happen if TB Joshua should be slapping the huge number of people that seek him for deliverance
Big Shame
Re: Slaps Giving! By Bishop David Oyedepo by Nellyon(f): 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2011
If i were that girl i would be suing his sorry a. s. s for assault and harassment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

Man Attacks Bishop Oyedepo On The Pulpit (Video) / Covid-19 Relief Items From My Church This Morning / Reaction Of A Man After Attending Jehovah's Witnesses Wedding For The First Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.