Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,873 members, 7,872,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:26 AM

The NBA Begins - Sports (1919) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The NBA Begins (1668296 Views)

Two Nigerian Players In The NBA Finals / Miami Heats Wins The NBA Final / Unbelievable! Kobe Bryant The Nba Player Of The Decade: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) (1920) (1921) (1922) ... (2262) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The NBA Begins by Khanben: 3:18pm On May 02, 2022
donlittle25:
Per Bayless: the Celts settled for 50 threes! Made only 18! Shot only 34 twos

Context matters, the Celtics did not settle for 3s, they took them because they were the best shots available.
With Lopez, Portis and Giannis blocking and affecting shots anywhere near the paint, it made taking them harder. You add the fact that two of the Celtics best drivers to the rim were compromised with Brown coming in with a strained hamstring and Smart basically playing on 1 leg for about half of the game, then IMHO it is understandable why they not only reduced the number of times they drove to the basket, but even when they decided to take the drive they ended up kicking it out for a shot.
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 3:29pm On May 02, 2022
A40:
That final play from the Grizzlies was not good enough. Having Ja run to the basket to attempt a contested running 2

Sometimes you gotta understand that as fast as Ja is he's not faster than the ball

That's wasn't in the team

That was Ja as usual seeking for the spotlight

A good jumper from him would've been enough but as always, the guy dey find highlight

The inexperience of Memphis would cost them this series

And as a GSW fan, I gotta admit that dray deserved that ejection. That guy for don use head back ground. Such injuries could prove fatal
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 3:31pm On May 02, 2022
Memberclub:
Bucks have size abeg. This ain’t Brooklyn

That's why even as a GSW fan, I gotta admit that even if we manage to beat Phoenix and make it out of the west, I doubt we can beat Milwaukee.

Their Size is just too much for Draymond to handle

I wonder what GSW coaches are thinking relying on a barely 6'7 Draymond for defense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 3:32pm On May 02, 2022
steady986:

Una don start again

This isn't a place for fans whose teams couldn't even make play-in

Lebron...more like Lefraud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 3:52pm On May 02, 2022
Blueelf:

That's why even as a GSW fan, I gotta admit that even if we manage to beat Phoenix and make it out of the west, I doubt we can beat Milwaukee.

Their Size is just too much for Draymond to handle

I wonder what GSW coaches are thinking relying on a barely 6'7 Draymond for defense

Lol. Emphasizing that you are a GSW fan makes you damn suspect...
Even with an incomplete team, the warriors beat the bucks.
It was 1-1 and the warriors were without Draymond in the first and curry in the second.
And the warriors won't miss their 3s like the Celtics.
Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 3:53pm On May 02, 2022
Blueelf:

A good jumper from him would've been enough but as always, the guy dey find highlight

And as a GSW fan, I gotta admit that dray deserved that ejection. That guy for don use head back ground. Such injuries could prove fatal

grin angry angry angry angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Blueelf: 4:05pm On May 02, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. Emphasizing that you are a GSW fan makes you damn suspect...
Even with an incomplete team, the warriors beat the bucks.
It was 1-1 and the warriors were without Draymond in the first and curry in the second.
And the warriors won't miss their 3s like the Celtics.

I'm a fan but it wouldn't be wise for us to deny our weaknesses

Milwaukee would exploit it to their advantage

I can't see us winning in any way

However, that we would even reach the final is an achievement I would still cherish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Skrrrrrrr: 4:14pm On May 02, 2022
Blueelf:

I'm a fan but it wouldn't be wise for us to deny our weaknesses

Milwaukee would exploit it to their advantage

I can't see us winning in any way

However, that we would even reach the final is an achievement I would still cherish

Lol. You are not a fan. No true fan would say Draymond deserved they ejection. Because even non fans know he didn't deserve a flagrant two.
Even NBA players knew that ejection was not it, check out Lillard's and Traes comment on Twitter.
As for whether the warriors can beat the bucks, the warriors have historically never had a dominant big man since 2015 bogut. And they have 3 titles. The 6'7 Draymond is easily the best defender in the league. The weakness you see against the warriors is actually a strength against bigs, imagine those big big men chasing curry, Thompson and Poole around. It's gonna be a harvest of buckets.
Re: The NBA Begins by steady986(m): 4:46pm On May 02, 2022
Blueelf:

This isn't a place for fans whose teams couldn't even make play-in

Lebron...more like Lefraud

Lol. At the end of the day, we'll both have zero championships in 2022 grin Just calm down.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 7:07pm On May 02, 2022
afrodoc2:

They tried with smoke and mirrors.
If not for the early recognition by Klay that Ja was getting the ball at that exact point it would have been a free lay up or even a dunk.

A less than intelligent defender might have been a microsecond late in recognising and that is all Ja needs to blow by you.
I chalk it down to inexperience but that was a very bad shot to take. Jaren Jackson was wide open in the corner, Brandon Clarke was wide open for a dunk as well but Ja was just full speed ahead with the only option of a dodgy runner. That shot didn't have a prayer
Re: The NBA Begins by Memberclub(m): 7:36pm On May 02, 2022
etidy:

As in ehn, the bucks have so much length in all positions na cheat.
Bobby portis and brook Lopez are huge pieces for the the bucks. There length was giving Tatum and brown nightmares.
bruh they dominated all quarters without Middleton. Jesus Christ ! That team is good & Giannis is a video game cheat.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 8:39pm On May 02, 2022
Blueelf:

Ja's Jumper is dodgy for the most part. Runners almost never go in. They had enough time to get a much better shot.

As for Draymond's foul well just goes to show what the league has morphed to. It's for the better I guess but the 90's era that was a good hard foul

1 Like

Re: The NBA Begins by Android22: 8:40pm On May 02, 2022
Skrrrrrrr:

Lol. You are not a fan. No true fan would say Draymond deserved they ejection. Because even non fans know he didn't deserve a flagrant two.
Even NBA players knew that ejection was not it, check out Lillard's and Traes comment on Twitter.
As for whether the warriors can beat the bucks, the warriors have historically never had a dominant big man since 2015 bogut. And they have 3 titles. The 6'7 Draymond is easily the best defender in the league. The weakness you see against the warriors is actually a strength against bigs, imagine those big big men chasing curry, Thompson and Poole around. It's gonna be a harvest of buckets.
I agree mostly with this even if I am not saying Blueelf is not a fan. The reality is, as good as the Bucks are, I am not yet convinced they win that series without Middleton. Then, I also dread the Celtics compared to the Bucks for the facts you raised there. GSWs movement and outside shooting will then be a disadvantage to their length. I just hope GSW don't let their foot off the gas so that even with game 2 homecooking for the Grizzlies, the warriors will just win again.
Re: The NBA Begins by afrodoc2: 11:54pm On May 02, 2022
A40:
I chalk it down to inexperience but that was a very bad shot to take. Jaren Jackson was wide open in the corner, Brandon Clarke was wide open for a dunk as well but Ja was just full speed ahead with the only option of a dodgy runner. That shot didn't have a prayer

I wouldn’t say it didn’t have a prayer since he made something similar in the earlier round against the Twolves though.
It would have been an uncontested lay up or dunk if Klay had not switched on him quickly and that beats a 3 any day at the buzzer.

The drawn play itself wasn’t bad. The problem was Ja’s inability or refusal to go to a plan B (kick out for a 3) or plan C (pull up for a jumper) when he saw that Klay was going to stick on all the they way and contest.
Re: The NBA Begins by BlueMann: 1:21am On May 03, 2022
Ain't no way. Ain't no fucking way

How is this even possible

2 Likes

Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 4:13am On May 03, 2022
The NHL playoffs is here! The Maple Leafs posted the most surprising result after they trashed defending champions Lightening by 5, don't think anyone saw that coming. They Lightening failed to take their chances early on with the penalties and got punished. The Kings v Oilers is another good one with C. McDavid.

I LOVE THIS TIME OF THE YEAR!!
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 4:35am On May 03, 2022
Brunson is struggling. Hopefully he can pick it up in the 4th
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 5:02am On May 03, 2022
Once again, if the Mavs strategy is to spam 3s and outshoot the Suns like they did the Jazz in the previous series, then they will be out of this series quicker than anticipated. Luka is attacking the rim and instead of trying to score open buckets, he is kicking out for the 3, the Suns have realized this and have pretty much shut down the lanes by contesting every bucket from beyond the arc.

The Mavs are not a great transition team, they are not particularly fast or intense, they play at their own pace and mostly at the top of the key in a half court setting. This is going to be a tough series for them considering the Suns can score on all 3 levels and have better 1v1 defenders that can switch everything on the wings.
Re: The NBA Begins by Hohenheim(m): 12:25am On May 04, 2022
Celtics can't miss right now
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:49am On May 04, 2022
BlueMann:
Ain't no way. Ain't no fucking way

How is this even possible
He should be shipped to Slovakia. This is unacceptable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:51am On May 04, 2022
Giannis 1/10 shocked shocked

Grant Williams has him in jail. Their choice to not double Giannis has worked like a charm

If Celtics are going to keep making these 3's then omo Bucks are in deep kpenkelemes
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 12:56am On May 04, 2022
Goddamn it's like they are shooting into the Atlantic ocean
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:02am On May 04, 2022
Who needs a stick when you can smoke the chimney!
#JB
Re: The NBA Begins by donlittle25: 1:08am On May 04, 2022
Gah damn. Lights out in the garden
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:13am On May 04, 2022
A40:
Giannis 1/10 shocked shocked

Grant Williams has him in jail. Their choice to not double Giannis has worked like a charm

If Celtics are going to keep making these 3's then omo Bucks are in deep kpenkelemes

They mixed it up on offense and have made better shot selections. We did job in guarding Giannis in game 1 until the end of the 3rd Q.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:28am On May 04, 2022
Roland17:

They mixed it up on offense and have made better shot selections. We did job in guarding Giannis in game 1 until the end of the 3rd Q.
The ball movement and just the fact that Brown is playing with a lot more confidence

I don't know any team that survives this torrid shooting from the Celts

Giannis is not finding the open man in rhythm and tried to force the issue early. This is definitely a game they miss Middleton in to kind of stop the bleeding when the Celts kept hitting those 3's

Giannis detractors will feast tomorrow. He's not had a very good series
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:37am On May 04, 2022
Here we go again with a drop in the 3rd angry
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:42am On May 04, 2022
Bad habits are hard to get rid of. Move the ball guys!!

Una go kukuma turn me to mad man las las angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The NBA Begins by Hohenheim(m): 1:42am On May 04, 2022
10-0 run by the bucks, threes not falling for Boston anymore.
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:44am On May 04, 2022
Why you dey fear nau. Celtics will win this game, Bucks just have that Championship pedigree so they will keep fighting. This is just the normal lull and ebb in a game
Re: The NBA Begins by A40(m): 1:47am On May 04, 2022
Giannis needs to start hunting matchups that favor him. Timelord is BBQ chicken
Re: The NBA Begins by Roland17(m): 1:59am On May 04, 2022
A40:
Why you dey fear nau. Celtics will win this game, Bucks just have that Championship pedigree so they will keep fighting. This is just the normal lull and ebb in a game

When they revert to pre January Celtics, they can choke high double digit leads. This was a very very bad 3rd Q that is reminiscent of game 1 and pre January Celtics, good thing our defense held up else the lead would have been cut massively.

They are taking bad shots, dribbling excessively, not moving the ball and missing defensive assignments. You can’t afford these sort of mental lapses against an experienced and championship side like the Bucks, especially when they have Giannis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1916) (1917) (1918) (1919) (1920) (1921) (1922) ... (2262) (Reply)

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: donlittle25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.