Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,126 members, 7,933,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:24 PM

Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola (14849 Views)

Graphic Photo From Yola Bomb Blast Yesterday / Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Photos Of Victims From Yola Market Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Emekamex(m): 6:41pm On Jan 11, 2012
KANO, (AFP) – Suspected members of Islamist group Boko Haram on Wednesday shot dead four Christians who were believed to be fleeing violence-torn Maiduguri, residents said.

“Their car had just pulled up at a filling station outside the town to refuel when suspected Boko Haram gunmen in another car also pulled up and opened fire on the Igbos, killing them on the spot,” said a resident of the city of Potiskum who sells groceries nearby.

Members of the Igbo ethnic group are overwhelmingly Christian and generally originate from the country’s east. The attack occurred on the outskirts of Potiskum.

“The car the victims were travelling in was stuffed with bags and other personal effects and it was clear they were heading for the east,” the resident said.

They were thought to be traveling from Maiduguri, a city wracked by violence blamed on Boko Haram.

Another resident gave a similar account. Police confirmed the attack, but said the victims’ ethnic group was unknown as was the identity of the gunmen.

Recent religious violence, most of it blamed on Boko Haram, has sparked fears of a wider religious conflict and talk of the possibility of civil.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/suspected-islamists-kill-4-again/
someone should expand this pls.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by BlackPikiN(m): 7:13pm On Jan 11, 2012
Suspected Boko Haram members kills four Igbo traders in Yobe state, today, while trying to flee north on a bus: police
40 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody go see this one o.
People dey try leave but them still follow them till dey kill dem.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:29pm On Jan 11, 2012
Unacceptable, these were bread winners for their family and contributor to the Nigeria economy. WTF!! angry
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by emmke(m): 7:41pm On Jan 11, 2012
i blame gej. The security of every nigerian is his responsibility. The guy isn't even trying. More like everyone is on his own. Say whatever, but dude is by far the most incompetent president we've ever had.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by aljharem(m): 7:49pm On Jan 11, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Unacceptable, these were bread winners for their family and contributor to the Nigeria economy. WTF!! angry

STFU. shebi una no want ask question for the government why Igbos are dying and everyone seem to be quite about it. Well live with it OK!!! and stop ur silly ranting here that they are breed winners. Bread winners my a55

MUMU tribalsitic person angry
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by aljharem(m): 7:51pm On Jan 11, 2012
emmke:

i blame gej. The security of every nigerian is his responsibility. The guy isn't even trying. More like everyone is on his own. Say whatever, but dude is by far the most incompetent president we've ever had.

are you minding the ideeiots. People are dying and instead of asking the commisioner etc why their lives are not protected they would come on NL shout Hausa, aboki, Yoruba etc They think tribalsims would end the killing.

Bunch of fish brains
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:52pm On Jan 11, 2012
alj harem:

are you minding the ideeiots. People are dying and instead of asking the commisioner etc why their lives are not protected they would come on NL shout Hausa, aboki, Yoruba etc They think tribalsims would end the killing.

Bunch of fish brains

Comment on the thread if u must, but stop replying my post?  angry
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Yeske2(m): 7:55pm On Jan 11, 2012
Not again
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by juman(m): 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2012
Unfortunate
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Chyz2: 8:00pm On Jan 11, 2012
Can someone tell me why they had to mention that they were Igbo? Seems like vanguard is bent on trying to start a war and using the Igbos to do it. My question is, why did the state or fed gov not send them any protection? Or did they but the soldiers/policemen are actually the bokos and the ones who killed them?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Chyz2: 8:02pm On Jan 11, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Suspected Boko Haram members kills four Igbo traders in Yobe state, today, while trying to flee north on a bus: police
40 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nobody go see this one o.
People dey try leave but them still follow them till dey kill dem.

Reno Omokri a.k.a. Beaf, a.k.a. Blackpikin, you are a funny dude. I will make sure i make your like hell on this nairaland.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Onlytruth(m): 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2012
As far as I'm concerned, there are TWO types of Igbos still in Northern Nigeria.
The first is the group that is trapped in the North and can't get out.
The second is the group that has decided to fight and die in the North.

I support BOTH groups and would assist them if and where I can.
My sympathy also go with both.

One day, all these nonsense will stop. That is a promise.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by aljharem(m): 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe:

Comment on the thread if u must, but stop replying my post?  angry

if I reply to ur post, come kill me angry angry

Remember it is because I love you that is why I am doing this nywanne kiss kiss angry
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by jason123: 8:06pm On Jan 11, 2012
Okay, this is unbecoming.
Its like there is SYSTEMATIC killing of Southerners[b] ESPECIALLY[/b] Igbos. Are we back in 1966??
Why are they targeting Igbos and leaving other southerners out?? Why are they trying to "transfer" the fight to the Igbo? Are they scared of the Niger-delta and Yorubas?

I was of the opinion that Igbos should be quiet as this might be a ploy to destablise the country and use the Igbo's blood to cleanse the land but this is more or less genocide against a people! And for how long can one be quiet? Even me, as an Itsekiri, is pained by this.

There is something I have noticed within the last few days, the Igbos are a VERY PATIENT LOT! If this was happening to the NDeltan, Northerners would have found the ND to hot to live in. If it was the Yorubas, mile 12, yaba, shangisha and Sagamu would be boiling with northerner's blood.

Is someone trying to force us to a civil war?? Are they trying to lay all the blame on one ethnic group, the Igbo?? Does someone want the Igbo to fight a civil war for them??

GEJ, what are you doing about this?? I know its not easy but GEJ, you are not helping matters by your recent actions. May God grant you wisdom!

May the family of the dead find comfort in the Lord! Amen!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by aljharem(m): 8:06pm On Jan 11, 2012
Chyz*:

Can someone tell me why they had to mention that they were Igbo? Seems like vanguard is bent on trying to start a war and using the Igbos to do it. [size=14pt]My question is, why did the state or fed gov not send them any protection? Or did they but the soldiers/policemen are actually the bokos and the ones who killed them?[/size]

Very good question. Now someone is thinking

Nice one chyz
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Emekamex(m): 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2012
How do govt intend to develop infrastructure from oil subsidy removal when their is no peace in the land. GEJ should have tackled insecurity before removing subsidy.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by jason123: 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2012
Chyz, for how long will the Igbo be quiet?! If this is indeed true, there must be more to this that meets the ordinary eye.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Onlytruth(m): 8:10pm On Jan 11, 2012
Chyz* nwanne m, biko hapu Beaf aka. I plead with you.
Iwe nwanne adighi eru na okpukpu.
Hapu ife belu na abani ka oburu anwu nta. I nu go?
Thanks in advance!  wink
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by LogicMind: 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2012
Alhaji boko harem, please go and mount your child wife. Goat fu.cker.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by LogicMind: 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2012
[size=20pt]Igbos arm yourselves please!!!![/size]
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by aljharem(m): 8:14pm On Jan 11, 2012
Onlytruth:

Thanks in advance!  wink

why are u begging chyz to leave beaf alone. Even as you are eze ndigbo Nairaland, you cannot read simple political moves such as this.

People are planting seeds of discords among brothers but you insist to keep looking.

Ohaneze is more concern about the money they would get from the removal of fuel subsidy that to ask the commissioner of police why people are dying ?

Na wa o.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by PointB: 8:15pm On Jan 11, 2012
jason123:

Its like there is SYSTEMATIC killing of Southerners[b] ESPECIALLY[/b] Igbos. Are we back in 1966??
Why are they targeting Igbos and leaving other southerners out?? Why are they trying to "transfer" the fight to the Igbo? Are they scared of the Niger-delta and Yorubas?

I was of the opinion that Igbos should be quiet as this might be a ploy to destablise the country and use the Igbo's blood to cleanse the land but this is more or less genocide against a people! And for how long can one be quiet? Even me, as an Itsekiri, is pained by this.

There is something I have noticed within the last few days, the Igbos are a VERY PATIENT LOT! If this was happening to the NDeltan, Northerners would have found the ND to hot to live in. If it was the Yorubas, mile 12, yaba, shangisha and Sagamu would be boiling with northerner's blood.

Is someone trying to force us to a civil war?? Are they trying to lay all the blame on one ethnic group, the Igbo?? Does someone want the Igbo to fight a civil war for them??

GEJ, what are you doing about this?? I know its not easy but GEJ, you are not helping matters by your recent actions. May God grant you wisdom!

Thanks for saying this.

It is clearly obvious that some people (Northerners to be specific) are trying to provoke Igbo to war. Granted we will lose a lot of properties and life in the North should this happen, but then Nigeria will not survive it.

Igbo will only lose in the short term, but we have a lot to gain in the long term should there be another one.

It is time the Northern leaders call their people to order. We are skating on ice, and it is thinning by the seconds!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by aljharem(m): 8:16pm On Jan 11, 2012
Logic Mind:

Igbos arm yourselves please!!!![/size]

Arm themselves and do what ? Kill faceless people called boko haram or kill the innocent people of the north ?

What would the arming do in this case ? if not more mistrust and killing.

smh
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by aljharem(m): 8:19pm On Jan 11, 2012
jason123:

Dude they (igbos) are not talking and it seems they like it they way things are so abeg don't drag others to this (Niger-delta and the yorubas) OK!!.

They just prefer it this way that is why they have not asked fundamental question.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by PointB: 8:19pm On Jan 11, 2012
alj harem:

Arm themselves and do what ? Kill faceless people called boko haram or kill the innocent people of the north ?

What would the arming do in this case ? if not more mistrust and killing.

smh

You obviously didn't get the memo! What is the difference between boko haram and other core northerners? put another way, what is the difference between an armed robber and his accomplice? I see none
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Onlytruth(m): 8:21pm On Jan 11, 2012
PointB, what Ndigbo WORLDWIDE should be thinking about is how we would fight the next war. It is inevitable because some things just don't stop without a major conflict.
While we are at it, we must be thinking of how to REALLY make sure that these would never ever again happen in our part of West Africa. Our advantage is that those doing this somehow can't think past 1966. We should make sure that when the dust settles, the new reality would bring about a totally new paradigm for CENTURIES to come.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by 2mch(m): 8:21pm On Jan 11, 2012
Onlytruth:

Thanks in advance!  wink

Are you asking Chyz to forgive Beaf who was caught red handed on NL by Chyz, when he was trying to instigate a war between Hausa's and Igbo's? Wow, and they say Yoruba's are betrayers? ROTFLMAO. Only Lies the betrayer of his people.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by dempeople(m): 8:22pm On Jan 11, 2012
angry
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by aljharem(m): 8:25pm On Jan 11, 2012
2mch:

Are you asking Chyz to forgive Beaf who was caught red handed on NL by Chyz, when he was trying to instigate a war between Hausa's and Igbo's? Wow, and they say Yoruba's are betrayers? ROTFLMAO. Only Lies the betrayer of his people.

are you minding him. Chyz is a very clever dude and I no go lie in as much as I which he was hausa/kanuri or yoruba/nupe I admire his brains among must of the igbos on NL.

Why would beaf keep insitgating hausa and igbos to fight and Eze ndigbo NL is allowing it like a cow. angry angry
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Chyz2: 8:26pm On Jan 11, 2012
jason123:

There is a fight between yoruba and hausa in shagamu. I got word through a friend in Naija. The rumor is true. Yes, we are a patient people. Others are retaliating but not us. The Igbos up north took this for granted.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by aljharem(m): 8:27pm On Jan 11, 2012
dem_people:

angry

Your anger should be directed at the commissioner of police, FG, SG, soldier etc for letting this to continue without questioning
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Chyz2: 8:28pm On Jan 11, 2012
jason123:

Chyz, for how long will the Igbo be quiet?! If this is indeed true, there must be more to this that meets the ordinary eye.

They know that once we start then thats it for nigeria. Some people out there are trying to get us to fight another civil far. Aint happenin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Xenophobia: Presidency Denies Recalling Nigeria’s Envoy To South Africa / Emmanuel Uduaghan Receives Silverbird Man Of The Year Award / Hausa Audio Message: Buhari's Speech Is Impaired - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.