Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,526 members, 7,895,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 01:32 AM

Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola (14807 Views)

Graphic Photo From Yola Bomb Blast Yesterday / Top ISIS Member Arrested While Attempting To Flee To Nigeria / Photos Of Victims From Yola Market Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Dede1(m): 2:06am On Jan 12, 2012
@OP

I guess certain Nigerians are the most hopeless, idiotic and foolish human beings on earth. If the alleged news of selective killing of Ndigbo in northern region is remotely true, Igbo land would have been flooded with corpses of Ndigbo from the northern region by now. I do not think northern region of Nigeria is exclusively populated by Igbo stock from southern Nigeria to mandate such pinpointed attack.

I urge other Nigerians to deal with ills of One-Nigeria and leave Ndigbo and Biafarns out of it.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Nobody: 2:18am On Jan 12, 2012
Dede1:

@OP

I guess certain Nigerians are the most hopeless, idiotic and foolish human beings on earth. If the alleged news of selective killing of Ndigbo in northern region is remotely true, Igbo land would have been flooded with corpses of Ndigbo from the northern region by now. I do not think northern region of Nigeria is exclusively populated by Igbo stock from southern Nigeria to mandate such pinpointed attack.

I urge other Nigerians to deal with ills of One-Nigeria and leave Ndigbo and Biafarns out of it.

Denial is not the solution this serious problem. You can deny it all you want, but the truth is the truth.

Dede1:

@OP

How is this even possible?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by dempeople(m): 3:04am On Jan 12, 2012
Aigbofa:

How is this even possible?

. . . . . and why do you think its [i]not [/i]possible?

Leave Ndigbo out of your evil dreamy war-mongering appetites instead of trying to coax us into a conflict of which you guys will definitely do a volte-face!

You're already catalyzing and inflaming the situation from your Yoruba-dominated press.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by aljharem(m): 3:11am On Jan 12, 2012
dem_people:

. . . . . and why do you think its [i]not [/i]possible?

Leave Ndigbo out of your evil dreamy war-mongering appetites instead of trying to coax us into a conflict of which you guys will definitely do a volte-face!

You're already catalyzing and inflaming the situation from your Yoruba-dominated press.

na wa o, It is like when there is any mis-content in ala igbo, it is either Yoruba/Yoruba or ewu-awusa/aboki

Can you even take responsibility of your actions JUST FOR ONCE IN AFRICA'S LIFE TIME.

Sun newspaper - igbo
vanguard - delta igbo

what do you want again, Abi na Yoruba cause una not to ask questions about the security of the country ?
angry angry
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by dempeople(m): 3:30am On Jan 12, 2012
alj harem:

na wa o, It is like when there is any mis-content in ala igbo, it is either Yoruba/Yoruba or ewu-awusa/aboki

Can you even take responsibility of your actions JUST FOR ONCE IN AFRICA'S LIFE TIME.

Sun newspaper - igbo
vanguard - delta igbo

what do you want again, Abi na Yoruba cause una not to ask questions about the security of the country ?
angry angry

Alhaji abeg for the records, Vanguard isn't owned by a Delta Igbo but an Itshekiri.

And please what kind of questions would Ndigbo ask that they haven't asked before?

And by the way i thought we had a contract that you'll be Uche for the mean time? When did you decide to migrate to the dark side of a particular place to the left?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by OneNaira6: 3:35am On Jan 12, 2012
Sad indeed. They were ignorant enough to stay up north.  It does not serve them right but at the same time it serves them right.  It is understandable for the unfortunate Igbo stuck up north but traders? Una no dey shame. I don't pity una, whatever happens to any Igbo traders still residing up north deserves it.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by OneNaira6: 3:36am On Jan 12, 2012
dem_people:

Alhaji abeg for the records, Vanguard isn't owned by a Delta Igbo but an Itshekiri.

And please what kind of questions would Ndigbo ask that they haven't asked before?

And by the way i thought we had a contract that you'll be Uche for the mean time? When did you decide to migrate to the dark side of a particular place to the left?

Why do you guys still listen or pay attention to that guy? There are some people you should learn to ignore.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by aljharem(m): 3:36am On Jan 12, 2012
dem_people:

And by the way i thought we had a contract that you'll be Igbo for the mean time? When did you decide to migrate to the dark side of a particular place to the left?

my bad I thougth it was Ibur that owned it

Nope They have not asked it. It recent times, Boko haram has been killing Igbos more now than ever. I expect Ohaneze or so to ask the commissioner of police what is happening. It really makes me anger  when I read news like this that is why I react unpredictable at time angry

What even annoys me more is that my people (igbos) don't see the trend of what is going on. People like beaf and foreigners are causing discord among brethrens. Lets not fall for there silly trap.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Chyz2: 3:41am On Jan 12, 2012
alj harem:

Do you mean Ibru? The [b]Ibru[/b]s are Urhobo.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by DanKan0: 3:47am On Jan 12, 2012
Superego:

Suddenly the pieces start falling into place. [b]Why has Goodluck Jonathan not taken any determinate action against Boko Haram? How is it possible that such a group of menaces is able to arm, mobilize, transit and operate without any significant detection or deterrence from the Nigerian security services [/b]in towns very easy to control as we have in Northern Nigeria? With a doubling of security services up North, stop-and-search road blocks, bomb detectors and sniffing dogs and a few other security measures, there would definitely have been remarkable arrests and interrogation guided lead-up roundups.

Thats my number 1 question,
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by dempeople(m): 4:05am On Jan 12, 2012
alj harem:

Nope They have not asked it. It recent times, Boko haram has been killing Igbos more now than ever. I expect Ohaneze or so to ask the commissioner of police what is happening. It really makes me anger  when I read news like this that is why I react unpredictable at time angry

What even annoys me more is that [size=13pt]my people (igbos)[/size] don't see the trend of what is going on. People like beaf and foreigners are causing discord among brethrens. Lets not fall for there silly trap.  

You see! At the flip of a statement, you have become Igbo. Tomorrow its Yoruba or Awori. Next Ijaw and after that Kanuri. I just wish you'll stay kanuri as u don enter 911 gwongworo reach Borno. Please stay there as Arewa republic will be declared very soon for you and your people.

DanKan0:

Thats my number 1 question,

No. That no suppose be question at all.

The question should be, why are your brothers, starting from the caliphate via IBB and ending with Atiku, insistent on killing, maiming and destroying lives.

And what can GEJ do?

Is he a magician?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by DanKan0: 4:16am On Jan 12, 2012
dem_people:

The question should be, why are your brothers, starting from the caliphate via IBB and ending with Atiku, insistent on killing, maiming and destroying lives.

And what can GEJ do?

Is he a magician?

thats your questions  + GEJ can sit there and do nothing like he is doing now  cool
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by CyberG: 4:58am On Jan 12, 2012
Onlytruth:

I totally agree with all the bolded. ENCLAVE it is folks!
If we have 4 million Igbos in Northern Nigeria, I wonder why we can't raise a 500,000 man army there to defend ourselves if and when the jungle matures. What are all the people there doing if they cannot fight and defend themselves there? They should relocate if they can't fight there. I support the idea of funding their return too.
If only we have real leaders in Igboland. Well, time will tell.

Reading NEWS like this makes me BOIL, how CURSED can a government be that it won't PROTECT its citizens? The killings of any Nigerian and IGBO by Boko Haram in the North or anywhere is totally unacceptable and it pains me to say it MUST stop because it SHOULD HAVE STOPPED A LOOONGGG TIME AGO! Yes, I am MAAAD and I will personally kill that USELESS PRESIDENT that has sacrificed over 500+ Nigerians to BH alone in 2011!

Onlytruth, PointB, Olodostein, and all good hearted Nigerians:

I made a simple proposal but a difficult one to implement and it remains, in my opinion, a far more effective way to curb this endless killings! How many people will be sacrificed by this evil government? Yes, Igbos should come home but stopping at that is REALLY UNFAIR to those who are dead! For every one IGBO (or southerner) killed by BH or anyone on the basis of religion or ethnicity, we must kill at least a DOZEN starting with the kingpin who is financing these BH operations. So, to Onlytruth and co, a winnable war takes immense planning and resources that can be drawn upon inexhaustibly and strategies that are fool proof and then factor in the theatre of the war (fought in the homeland or on the foreign soil)? An outright war is a BAD DECISION and we can talk more about that but I think there is a BETTER OPTION: a strong, small and focused army maintained on the homeland but deployed to kill all the bastards killing Southerners, christians and a larger proportion of IGBOS. If this can be done, any useless government unable to protect its citizens will have no one to blame but themselves. Yes, I am aware this is a double-edged sword but there remains no other way to stop this violence! I think one of the most useful "weapons" Israel has is the Mossad and it past time focused regional leaders setup this kind of organization.

Afterall, most Nigerians generate their own power, provide their own power, worry about their own security, get no help from government for education, no healthcare funding and YET, they still get killed trying to make money to provide these things I listed and MORE!? Abeg, this is madness and if I was anywhere close to this foolish government, it is better to sacrifice all of them <100 compared to >500 killed only by BH, without counting sickness, armed robbers, road accident, police, etc! So, if anything must be funded, I think we must seriously think about this option first. It is faster, require less resources, enough will power for combat forces to get the job done! I made a post previously about it and if anyone has anymore ideas, that will be good but I am SO TIRED of reading about all the killings when these fools are only busy stealing MONEY and more money!

See: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=840782.msg9911750#msg9911750
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by ifyalways(f): 5:37am On Jan 12, 2012
DanKan0:

You think its that easy to just get up and go? where to? probably some of them have lived there for over 20 years. This was in Potiskum not Yola.

I blame the Govt for not ensuring the security of Nigerians, espicially in that NE. Government should provide mass transport that goes up and evacuates anbody that wants to leave and house them temporary.
No,it's actually easier to die,slaughtered like fowls I mean than to run to safety.Where were they heading to,a tad to late before they meet their death

Keep making up excuses while the Northern Cannibals haves a field day butchering them,huh?

Its apparent the Fed and state governments are NOT ready to help ,(they can't even help themselves) so why are they still there and worst off,defenceless?dying without putting up a fight/resistance and going with 1 0r heads.

Be it BH or not,its evident the North is not safe,leave or stay tight,at aleart and fully armed!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by hollandis(f): 9:38am On Jan 12, 2012
Any igbo killed in the North has himself to blame.All they think about is money.what is money compared to your safety?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Nobody: 9:46am On Jan 12, 2012
[size=15pt]The Heading should be "Hausa Men Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola"[/size]
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by 9ja4eva: 9:46am On Jan 12, 2012
Its time for the East to revolt.

Since our President is so scared to go after Boko Haram, we have no choice.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 12, 2012
Stop killing christians. What saul in d holy bible could not finish, ur name will change 4rm BH 2 MOG i prophesy ijn . Amen
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Onlytruth(m): 9:52am On Jan 12, 2012
hollandis:

[b]Any igbo killed in the North has himself to blame.[/b]All they think about is money.what is money compared to your safety?

It is not as simplistic as that, my sister. What I blame those Igbos more for is not fighting back.
[b]Olodostein [/b]confirmed my fears that those were mainly Igbos living outside of Igbo enclaves (Sabon geris) in the North.
What I expect Igbos in the North to do is to design an effective self defense mechanism to fight back. It is tough, but very possible.
My survival instincts tell me that these Northerner will LIKELY bring that war to Igboland if we don't start fighting them in the North NOW. By fighting them in the North, we gain vital territorial intelligence which would aid us in future fights which will DEFINITELY require us invading the North and sacking the place.   angry cool

Igbos in the North should start fighting back! They did that before in Kano and Kaduna. They'd send their wives and children to the East and return to fight for their properties. They should do that now.

Our first lines of defense starts in the North.  cool
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 12, 2012
For every one igbo head, 4 housas will follow. We are on it. Just informing you guys before u hear it. It is war. Now u Igbos, go back home. We` are back to 1966.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by karlfon: 10:11am On Jan 12, 2012
I think you guys that listened to NTA international yesterday will see where this Country is heading to, There is no doubt that this Country will soon divide either by peace or by War, Chukwumerije said that Igbos are tired of been a scapegoat in Nigeria during Senate section that if Nigeria can not protect igbos as one Nation that igbos are now ready to protect them self, are to go to SOS and ready to go to UN. I think going to UN means referendum.

I don't think that igbos are quite , you can see that they have started their underground work. Since this people do not want one Nigeria and peace. Every Nigerians will bear a witness that igbos have never cause in any national unity.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 12, 2012
CyberG:

Reading NEWS like this makes me BOIL, how CURSED can a government be that it won't PROTECT its citizens? The killings of any Nigerian and IGBO by Boko Haram in the North or anywhere is totally unacceptable and it pains me to say it MUST stop because it SHOULD HAVE STOPPED A LOOONGGG TIME AGO! Yes, I am MAAAD and I will personally kill that USELESS PRESIDENT that has sacrificed over 500+ Nigerians to BH alone in 2011!

Onlytruth, PointB, Olodostein, and all good hearted Nigerians:

I made a simple proposal but a difficult one to implement and it remains, in my opinion, a far more effective way to curb this endless killings! How many people will be sacrificed by this evil government? Yes, Igbos should come home but stopping at that is REALLY UNFAIR to those who are dead! For every one IGBO (or southerner) killed by BH or anyone on the basis of religion or ethnicity, we must kill at least a DOZEN starting with the kingpin who is financing these BH operations. So, to Onlytruth and co, a winnable war takes immense planning and resources that can be drawn upon inexhaustibly and strategies that are fool proof and then factor in the theatre of the war (fought in the homeland or on the foreign soil)? An outright war is a BAD DECISION and we can talk more about that but I think there is a BETTER OPTION: a strong, small and focused army maintained on the homeland but deployed to kill all the bastards killing Southerners, christians and a larger proportion of IGBOS. If this can be done, any useless government unable to protect its citizens will have no one to blame but themselves. Yes, I am aware this is a double-edged sword but there remains no other way to stop this violence! I think one of the most useful "weapons" Israel has is the Mossad and it past time focused regional leaders setup this kind of organization.

Afterall, most Nigerians generate their own power, provide their own power, worry about their own security, get no help from government for education, no healthcare funding and YET, they still get killed trying to make money to provide these things I listed and MORE!? Abeg, this is madness and if I was anywhere close to this foolish government, it is better to sacrifice all of them <100 compared to >500 killed only by BH, without counting sickness, armed robbers, road accident, police, etc! So, if anything must be funded, I think we must seriously think about this option first. It is faster, require less resources, enough will power for combat forces to get the job done! I made a post previously about it and if anyone has anymore ideas, that will be good but I am SO TIRED of reading about all the killings when these fools are only busy stealing MONEY and more money!

See: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=840782.msg9911750#msg9911750

Are you Igbo? If you are not, please, I beg you in the name of God to let us deal with our own issue. Thank you.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 12, 2012
hollandis:

Any igbo killed in the North has himself to blame.All they think about is money.what is money compared to your safety?

Please, if you do not know about what the whole issue entails. Better respect yourself and keep quite.

Do not let the restless spirit of innocent souls give you sleepless night.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Nobody: 10:31am On Jan 12, 2012
alj harem:

Sun newspaper - igbo
vanguard - delta igbo

angry angry

Chameleon, when did you become a sympathizer of the Igbo's? Mind your own battle and leave us to sort our problems out. It is as simple as that.

Thank you.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by hollandis(f): 10:36am On Jan 12, 2012
Onlytruth:

It is not as simplistic as that, my sister. What I blame those Igbos more for is not fighting back.
[b]Olodostein [/b]confirmed my fears that those were mainly Igbos living outside of Igbo enclaves (Sabon geris) in the North.
What I expect Igbos in the North to do is to design an effective self defense mechanism to fight back. It is tough, but very possible.
My survival instincts tell me that these Northerner will LIKELY bring that war to Igboland if we don't start fighting them in the North NOW. By fighting them in the North, we gain vital territorial intelligence which would aid us in future fights which will DEFINITELY require us invading the North and sacking the place.   angry cool

Igbos in the North should start fighting back! They did that before in Kano and Kaduna. They'd send their wives and children to the East and return to fight for their properties. They should do that now.

Our first lines of defense starts in the North.  cool
Fighting back in a place where you are not accepted is tantamount to committing suicide.Money is the driving force.They need to impress people down south,they need to fling some nairas to the girls,hence they will not leave.Some deaths are unavoidable but this one can be avoided and can be likened to a rat running to a set trap with open eyes
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by LEXYLOV: 10:40am On Jan 12, 2012
This is a very bad news if confirmed truth. Cause nowadays I took my time to respond to any post like this on nairaland simply because there are lots of religion/tribal war mongers infiltrating NL forum calling for wars between northerner and easterner everyday. I fear they can post anything just to cause chaos. The Badluck government lack all the credibility to continue as a leader of one Nigeria, because his administration unable to protect the live and property off all Nigerians. This kind of incident is preventable, if the effective government was in place. My heart goes to the lost souls RIP if the story is truth. cry
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Ezeufi: 10:52am On Jan 12, 2012
Stop killing christians. What saul in d holy bible could not finish, your name will change 4rm BH 2 MOG i prophesy ijn . Amen
Saul in the bible was not a christian. I know most of you would love to fantasize that christianity and judaism is the same thing, but that is not the case and never it will be. Afterall the God of israel has not given birth to anyone whereby the god of christians has given birth to a son. These two must be different Gods.

I have two questions here.

1. The article says 4 people who are thought to be IGBOS have been shot dead by people who are suspected to be bokoharam sympathisers. Where is the evidence that the deceased are igbos and the culprits are bokoharam? Or is education only for sitting/passing exams? Don't educated people pass judgement or form opinion on the ground of the available evidence?

2. My second question is; how do you look at someone and decide they are igbos/yoruba/hausa/orzulu?
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by toysmall: 10:56am On Jan 12, 2012
I hope here to give everybody a good website about maternity fashion pregnancy fashion maternity dress ,source:

http://www.fashionmaternitydress.com http://ww.bangaccessory.com
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by Ezeufi: 10:57am On Jan 12, 2012
Saul in the bible never tried to kill even one christian.
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by talktrue1(m): 10:58am On Jan 12, 2012
If they dont want Igbos in Nigeria again, fine. they should allow them move to their Biafra in peace
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by LogicMind: 11:00am On Jan 12, 2012
Alhaji Boko Harem, Igbo?! Amadioha forbid!!
Re: Boko Haram Kills 4 Igbo Traders trying to flee from Yola by LogicMind: 11:03am On Jan 12, 2012
Ezeufi:

2. My second question is; how do you look at someone and decide they are igbos/yoruba/hausa/orzulu?

We know ourselves. It's so natural we don't even think about it. We just know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is The PDP Certificate Of Registration With Obasanjo, Atiku Or Lamido? / Wike Distributes Science Equipment, Materials To 247 Secondary Schools - Photos / Reno Omokri Lampoons Mbaka, Bakare Over Silence On Corruption Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.