Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,157 members, 7,890,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:07 AM

Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today (38760 Views)

NIGERIA 2015: We Did Not Endorse Jonathan – Labour Party / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today Thur Jan 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Ganiyu11: 5:52pm On Jan 12, 2012
Meeting Between Labour Leaders And Pres. Jonathan Rescheduled
www.channelstv.com/global/news_details.php?nid=30607.

President Goodluck Jonathan’s meeting with Labour leaders in the Presidential Villa has been rescheduled.

The agenda of the meeting have not been disclosed to newsmen but sources say it may not be unconnected with the administration’s plan to remove oil subsidy.

Present at the time of this report were the President of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Comrade Abdulwahheed Omar, the Acting Secretary General of the Union, Comrade Owei Lakemfa. They led the labour leaders numbering over fifty into the venue of the meeting at about 1.45 pm awaiting the arrival of President Goodluck Jonathan.

Journalist who had converged to cover the meeting were asked to leave the venue by security men who said that the meeting was not open for coverage.

Some of the labour leaders who whispered to the state house correspondents said that a press release on the outcome of the meeting will definitely be issued but for now, they did not know the issues.

The meeting is also coming at the same time the vice president, Architect Namadis Sambo is hosting the National Economic Council (NEC) meeting. The NEC is composed of governors from the thirty six states of the federation.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by begwong: 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2012
I can atleast accept the range of 80-90 naira peg,but with an agreement that the faceless cabals be revealed and constitutionaly dealt with
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by mroluway: 5:54pm On Jan 12, 2012
the truth shall set u free
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by swing4real(m): 5:56pm On Jan 12, 2012
The government knew before hand that there be a protest as soon as they announced the subsidized wahala that´s why they set the price of fuel to be 141 Naira with the hope that the Labour Leaders will negotiate the price to be between the range of 80 to 100 naira which was their original aim and and the strike will be cut off.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by victorazy(m): 5:59pm On Jan 12, 2012
100 naira per liter or what do u xpect
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by eghost247(m): 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
wish this would be on air live
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by iykak47: 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
karl max:

What happened to no 65 naira no talk foolish Nigerian
That one is initial  gra gra.
Today NLC/TUC and Goodluck are at aso rock pomping champaign,  while some young boys lost their precious lives in the hands of happy  trigger policemen  in this useless protest just for NOTHING.
Neither Nlc nor government will remember the families of those that  have lost their love ones.
I told my friends, if you dont have spare life at home dont protest stay indoor,nobody will
compensate your family if anything goes wrong, that doesnt make you unpatriotic.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by horny4u(f): 6:04pm On Jan 12, 2012
iykak47:

That one is initial  gra gra.
Today NLC/TUC and Goodluck are at aso rock pomping champaign,  while some young boys lost their precious lives in the hands of happy  trigger policemen  in this useless protest just for NOTHING.
Neither Nlc nor government will remember the families of those that  have lost their love ones.
I told my friends, if you dont have spare life at home dont protest stay indoor,nobody will
compensate your family if anything goes wrong, that doesnt make you unpatriotic.

I shamefully say, I concur, Sad sad very sad indeed!!!
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by IYANGBALI: 6:05pm On Jan 12, 2012
I expect the labour leaders to come out with ghana must go bags filled up with foreign notes. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by betrani(m): 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2012
It is good we had the opportunity of benefiting from western education! Most of us don't even knw what subsidy means, hw it was put in place, what benefits it's removal will bring or what loses we would incur from its removal yet we open our putrid, oral cavities to insult people whom we can neva become in life! Nigerians generally claim to knw, when placed under a test of skill, ability, or knwldge they know next to nothing! Do we think of our future? Do we think of people wo ve being through worst times? Do we ask ourselves how they got out of such situations as one? The best is what jonathan has done! Go back to ur books and stop claiming to know! We can't continue in ignorance!
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by 989900: 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2012
Rescheduled?
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by kamuzu(m): 6:11pm On Jan 12, 2012
ndu_chucks:

There will be an announcement that the N65/liter price has been reinstated in a few hours.    lipsrsealed

Positive thinking, that what we want. The essence of embarking on strike in the first place, is to reinstate N65, NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by efisher(m): 6:12pm On Jan 12, 2012
I hope NLC accepts an increase in minimum wage with current price in place Or at the worst, a phased removal but not beyond 2012.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by begwong: 6:13pm On Jan 12, 2012
probsolver:

if labour leaders agree to anything less than n65, they have disappoint us-nigerians,
so u mean if govt reduces to #35 u will b disappointed shd labour accept it(less than #65)
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 12, 2012
Nice one, begwong!
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by mikuz(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2012
@swing4real,
exactly!
The original increase target was around N100 and not N140. They just Knew this was going to happen.
But come to think of it,nobody would have been talking about oil subsidy removal and its benefits, if Gej hadnt increased civil servants minimum wage.
GOD HELP US!
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by xammy(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2012
6:30 don nak o, how far? update plssssssssssssssss
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by IYANGBALI: 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2012
news just reaching us says the meeting has been rescheduled till further notice because most of the governors could not get fuel for their vehicles and GEJ is also said to be having serious headache caused by the protest grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by mufc009(m): 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2012
Riddle of the day: I am a person, when I was young I had no shoes and I trekked 2 miles to my school with no school bags, now I eat with 3million naira per day and now I want people to trek and follow the same bitterness I felt while growing up and my slogan now is "if I can make it, you can make it". Who am I? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by mufc009(m): 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2012
Things 2 look 4 in d next election, Candidate must have shoes, common sense & a wife with above average communication skills" wink
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2012
@begwong. U don kill me wit laughter.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by asoebi(m): 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2012
They should resolve the issue because the most hurt part is the increase in beer,girlfriend demand and ashewo

You must be a very silly person for saying such even though your message is clear and understandable  grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by sexlog(m): 6:23pm On Jan 12, 2012
Their's something phoney about the NLC & Jona, if not, why wont they allow the meeting for coverage?
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by chuks1000: 6:23pm On Jan 12, 2012
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by elite(m): 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2012
probsolver:

if labour leaders agree to anything less than n65, they have disappoint us-nigerians,
are you related to Mrs Dame? angry
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by buckzy12(f): 6:24pm On Jan 12, 2012
am expectin a better resolution,except GEJ is ready to take wot a gov took abt 5yrs ago
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by asoebi(m): 6:25pm On Jan 12, 2012
Riddle of the day: I am a person, when I was young I had no shoes and I trekked 2 miles to my school with no school bags,  now I eat with 3million naira per day and now I want people to trek and follow the same bitterness I felt while growing up and my slogan now is "if I can make it, you can make it". Who[quote][/quote]

The answer is simple, and the person is our Dear ******** G**dL**k E**le J******n
I no call person name ooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Oluschenco(m): 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2012
I expect the outcome to be #55 cos of his Greedluck.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Funkymallam(m): 6:29pm On Jan 12, 2012
NemYima:

I'm From Niger Delta, But I have regretted voting for BackLuck Jonathan, He himself is Corrupt and Selfish. How could allocated a Federal University, Refinery, International Airport and Gas Plants to only his State, Bayelsa?

Nigeria is now ruled by GEJ, Petroleum Minister and Finance Minister. MAY GOD HELP US

Kai! Alh harem, u r nw frm Niger Delta. Where again remain for u to claim? Desperation is a bad thing. cheesy
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Funkymallam(m): 6:31pm On Jan 12, 2012
NemYima:

I'm From Niger Delta, But I have regretted voting for BackLuck Jonathan, He himself is Corrupt and Selfish. How could allocated a Federal University, Refinery, International Airport and Gas Plants to only his State, Bayelsa?

Nigeria is now ruled by GEJ, Petroleum Minister and Finance Minister. MAY GOD HELP US

Kai! Alh harem, u r nw frm Niger Delta. Where again remain for u to claim? Desperation is a bad thing. cheesy
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by victorazy(m): 6:35pm On Jan 12, 2012
Am xpecting vila to prepare delicious meal and asorted drinks with intoxicating poison swimming inside so that by end of the d meeting they all sign and agree with FG price.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by doofanc: 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2012
All those expecting a reversion to the old price are obviously living in a fools paradise.

If indeed the govt was going to revert to N65, do you they would invite labour in the first place? Think about it!!! That would give all the glory to labour and make them heroes! And it would make govt look weak § incapable. Trust me, thats the last thing govt wants.

The best we can hope for is some sort of compromise, say N80 - N100.

Though to be honest, i'm not very optimistic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

#corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members / PDP North West Mega Rally (Live Photos) / Fayose Insults Sheikh Muhydeen Ajani-Bello, Islamic Cleric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.