Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,133 members, 7,890,809 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:01 PM

Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today (38757 Views)

NIGERIA 2015: We Did Not Endorse Jonathan – Labour Party / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today / Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today Thur Jan 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by PapaBrowne(m): 10:54pm On Jan 12, 2012
calculusx:

Are there Mathematicians in the house? If FG loose #320bn daily due to this Strike, that means in 5days the strike started tomorrow FG would have lost #1.6 Trillion Naira.

Mathematically  #320billion X 5 Days = #1.6 Trillion Naira

If FG can afford to loose 1.6 Trillion Naira in just 5 Days, then why the Subsidy? I don't understand why FG have to cut off a head because of headache, instead they should prosecute the Cabals who are not bigger than Nigeria and wants the masses to suffer for their Fraud.

Our Voice must be heard for once. #65 or Nothing.

No the FG wasn't loosing 320 Billion daily!
If there were any losses, and the figure is true, it is the Nigerian people that lost that amount daily.
The FG gets majority of its money from oil production and not from personel taxes, hence the impact on the F's finances is almost Nil.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Harrypoter(m): 10:59pm On Jan 12, 2012
Any1 in need of diesel frm 1000-33000ltrs in Bauchi shld contact me at engribro@yahoo.com or 2go at 'engrbakoji'. Lng live naija!
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by 989900: 11:00pm On Jan 12, 2012
TIME TO ACTIVATE OPERATION PENGASSAN
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by basadenet: 11:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
I think d labour has compromised if not why d shift in position. This has further confirmed the earlier insinuation dat d organized labour had been bribed by oil marketers.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Image123(m): 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2012
calculusx:

Are there Mathematicians in the house? If FG loose #320bn daily due to this Strike, that means in 5days the strike started tomorrow FG would have lost #1.6 Trillion Naira.

Mathematically  #320billion X 5 Days = #1.6 Trillion Naira

If FG can afford to loose 1.6 Trillion Naira in just 5 Days, then why the Subsidy? I don't understand why FG have to cut off a head because of headache, instead they should prosecute the Cabals who are not bigger than Nigeria and wants the masses to suffer for their Fraud.

Our Voice must be heard for once. #65 or Nothing.

PapaBrowne:

If there were any losses, and the figure is true, it is the Nigerian people that lost that amount daily.
The FG gets majority of its money from oil production and not from personel taxes, hence the impact on the F's finances is almost Nil.
PapaBrowne:

So, how much does the government  make daily. What numerical impact does the strike have on the nation's economy(i guess that's one of the things fg's trying to save). Who is the cabal?(i'm guessing it's the populace here).
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by madprof(m): 11:05pm On Jan 12, 2012
Damn you, Jona. Why haven't you started these negotiations before now? Yeye phucker!
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by kulutempa: 11:09pm On Jan 12, 2012
madprof:

Damn you, Jona. Why haven't you started these negotiations before now? Yeye phucker!

He started to negotiate when he realised that the juice tap (oil production) is about to be turned off.  Without that where is he going to get his 1 billion naira  feeding allowance?  He may be greedy, but he is not that dense.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by ignis: 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2012
We can leave labor and continue our strike
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by phreakabit(m): 11:18pm On Jan 12, 2012
[size=18pt]Govt: #120 Naira  wink

Masses: #65 Naira or Nothing!  angry  angry

NLC/TUC : Ghana must go. . . . .to the bank, OR NOTHING!!!!  angry  angry  angry[/size]
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by muhsin(m): 11:19pm On Jan 12, 2012
Allah ya isa! May God break the neck of GEJ and the so-called cabal--whoever those are. May He inflict more pain on you and your generations to come.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by moshoodn(m): 11:21pm On Jan 12, 2012
Make we see wetin go happen.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by phreakabit(m): 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2012
muhsin:

Allah ya isa! May God break the neck of GEJ and the so-called cabal--whoever those are. May He inflict more pain on you and your generations to come.

Oh Boy, Boko don show. . .
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by BOMANY: 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2012

Sorry folks
Federal Government and NLC Meeting End in Deadlock

The meeting between the Organised Labour and the Federal Government has ended in a deadlock.

Labour says the strike continues tomorrow across the country as compromise is being made but no agreement has been reached yet as negotiations continue on Saturday,14th of January.

The meeting initially began between the President and the Governors,with labour joining later.

Earlier yesterday, the Federal Government and Organised Labour met behind closed doors in Abuja Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory in a bid to fashion out a solution.

Prior to the closed door meeting, the Chairman of the House ADHOC Committee, Patrick Ikhariale appealed to both teams to see the meeting as an opportunity to make the best decision for Nigeria.

The Secretary to the Federal Government, Senator Ayim Pius Ayim also asked Labour to call off the strike as negotiation can only go on in a peaceful atmosphere.

The Minister of Labour; Mr Emeka Wogu also appealed to the Labour Union and Civil Society Organisations to call of the strike.

channels TV website
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by moshoodn(m): 11:43pm On Jan 12, 2012
Bullsh.it
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by babaowo: 11:47pm On Jan 12, 2012
hmmmm  so sad! I think NLC should negotiating how goverment should reduce their allowances to minimum level, why it is their salary so big
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by 3kay945(m): 11:55pm On Jan 12, 2012
ignis:

We can leave labor and continue our strike

How will you go about it? Labour is the vanguard, they turn you turn. If you take to the street after the strike is call off, those st.up.id men in black will make you a sitting duck. Naija threw away the golden opportunity during the election to elect a correct man but failed. I may be wrong if you have guns sha o.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by SILAKABUWA: 12:19am On Jan 13, 2012
The Real Nigerians

"It is ironic that the removal of fuel subsidy will start the process of uniting this country. Even though I am saddened by the cruel policy of the removal of subsidy, a part of me rejoices by the pictures of unity as in observing Muslims and Christians protesting together, protecting places of worships in Kaduna and some other northern cities. It is quite encouraging.
We now know that some fifth columnist are trying very had to see that Nigeria plunges into a civil war, whatever title or names you give them, we also know that they are not real Muslims or Christians as both religions condemned what they are doing.
These protest days have also given me the opportunity to reflect on a deeper reason why Nigeria must stay ONE. We are too mixed-up to be messed up.
Since we blame our political and religious leaders for the current mess, we all must rise up and speak up, we must reflect on the past, present and future of Nigeria, we must all be sincere and we must all appreciate the uniqueness of our great country Nigeria. In most part of the world, countries are either predominantly Muslims or Christians, or divided into southern part Christians and northern part Muslims, or the countries will be having two major tribes occupying two different zones.
I want all my readers to reflect on this; Nigeria has over 300 ethnic groups, Nigeria is not divided into Muslim north or Christian south (as widely claimed), Nigeria has all religions represented in all the zones.
I dismissed the recent ultimatum given by BH or whoever is using that brand that all Christians should leave the north in 3 days, as a statement issued by someone ignorant of the area. There are indigenous Christian northerners; there is no state in the northern part of Nigeria that does not have indigenous Christians.
Even though we have some few uneducated and ignorant people still believing that the north is all Hausa/Fulani Muslims and the south Ibo/Yoruba Christians, this is far from the truth and realizing that is the beginning to understanding that this country will surely overcome this current plot to destabilize it.
There exist in this country a majority that are so mixed-up by tribe, race, religion and zone that whoever is toying with the idea of breaking up Nigeria should have a serious re-think as to how and what he/she is going to place them. Let's call them the real Nigerians. This mix stretches from the lagoon of Lagos to the heart of the sultanate in Sokoto, from the deserts of Borno to the creeks of Bayelsa.
Let me start home, my mother had a younger sister that married a Christian, she gave birth to Musa, Rebecca, Joyce and co. Musa is currently married to a beautiful woman from Warri, they have two boys that are now citizens of Ireland. The point I am trying to make here is that I am a proud Muslim as Musa and Rebecca are proud Christians, we are cousins by blood and our kids are 2nd cousins and if you read me very well, you will realized that our bloodline has covered the north, south and has even gone across the borders of Nigeria to Ghana and Ireland. And that is just on my maternal side; on my paternal, my late dad had an uncle that left the north in the early years of the last century to the southwest, he settled there and never came back, married and gave birth to Yoruba children. From his loins came Kingsley Olakunle Adams, who I met in Kaduna for the 1st time just 2years ago. Now, how do you separate me from Kingsley?
Mixed-up families like mine are all over Nigeria, whoever wants to break-up this country should think about the following, and have a map of Nigeria close by; a Hausa/Fulani woman from Katsina married an Ibo man from Imo state almost seventy years ago and gave birth to GEN. IKE NWACHUKWU, who had two sisters that married from Yobe and rivers state. IKE NWACHUKWU married a Yoruba woman, and now we have the grandchildren of this REAL NIGERIAN woman having roots in the Southwest, Northeast and Southsouth,Christians and Muslims. Where do you place them if you break up Nigeria?
Sam Nda-Isiah, the kakakin nupe, publisher of Leadership newspapers, a Christian from Niger state is married to a katsina woman whose sister is also married to a Fulani man from Fufore, Adamawa state. Their children are now Muslims Fulani from Adamawa and Christian Nupe from Niger.
I also know of a lot of families in this country with fathers as Muslims and mothers as Christians, siblings belonging to the major faiths, or fathers from the north, mothers from the south and vice-versa etc.
The above examples are not enough; I believe each and every one of us has a story to tell regarding this very issue.
We have all gone to school, at least, made friends. We have colleagues at work from different and divergent backgrounds; we have neighbours and family friends. Our kids go to schools, they have friends, and we meet the parents of their friends at the PTA sometimes. We have business partners and we are continuously striking business deals with people from different backgrounds. My point is, are all these relationships that we have developed over the years useless?
Is there anyone among the readers of this note with an exclusive friends list on facebook of only Christians or Muslims?
Don't we know that God has a purpose for creating us differently and from different places and faith?
What is the use of our education if we can not live and survive in someone else's land? If we can not tolerate or relate to someone from a different land or faith.
Of what benefit will be the restoration of the fuel subsidy if there will be no Nigeria? If there will be no peace to enjoy the subsidy? The killing of innocent souls and destruction of places of worship, the tension and suspicion, the contempt we have for each other, is worse than the removal of fuel subsidy.
We always claim that the behaviours of a few minorities cannot be the yardstick to judge a vast majority. True, but it is high time that vast majotyTrue, but it is high time that vast majority speak up, before we break up. We have to be less emotional and more rational, what good will it be if you don't have a friend from another divide that you can really show and advertise your way of life, your culture and tradition. Most times your way of life, culture and tradition could be accepted and adopted by that friend if you are a true representative.
I honestly think it is an honour to be created this way and in this land with so much mix, it makes me tolerant naturally, it makes me richer in tradition and culture, it makes me comfortable wherever I find myself.
This breed of mixed-up Nigerians should be the bridge to mend our country; they are supposed to be our sources of strength. They need to step out and speak up before some few inconsiderate ones mess us up.
I grew up with chinedu and ndubusi in the same family house, went to school with funsho, ebisinimi etete, had fun with willie uduak, waxed some rap tunes with Oluwole Oniye while growing up, have kingsley adams, musa aboki, andy ikilama as cousins. I am currently working and living the Nigerian dream with Maureen, Nimi, Victor, Joel and Lucky. It does not make me less a Muslim or them lesser in Christianity. Our unity is in our diversity. And our love for each other knows no bound and there is absolutely nothing anybody can do about it.
It is just that we are truly REAL NIGERIANS!
If you are like me, if this note applies to you or someone you know, please tell us your story and repost this note on your wall so that the evil doers will know that they have failed as 9ja is 2mixed-up, 2b messed up."
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by aljharem(m): 12:30am On Jan 13, 2012
[size=15pt]19 Nigerians DID NOT DIE 4 N120 PER LTR. They marched 4 justice, anti-curuption, transparency, N65 per Ltr & Fairness[/size]
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 13, 2012
BOMANY:

Sorry folks
Federal Government and NLC Meeting End in Deadlock

The meeting between the Organised Labour and the Federal Government has ended in a deadlock.

Labour says the strike continues tomorrow across the country as compromise is being made but no agreement has been reached yet as negotiations continue on Saturday,14th of January.

The meeting initially began between the President and the Governors,with labour joining later.

Earlier yesterday, the Federal Government and Organised Labour met behind closed doors in Abuja Nigeria’s Federal Capital Territory in a bid to fashion out a solution.

Prior to the closed door meeting, the Chairman of the House ADHOC Committee, Patrick Ikhariale appealed to both teams to see the meeting as an opportunity to make the best decision for Nigeria.

The Secretary to the Federal Government, Senator Ayim Pius Ayim also asked Labour to call off the strike as negotiation can only go on in a peaceful atmosphere.

The Minister of Labour; Mr Emeka Wogu also appealed to the Labour Union and Civil Society Organisations to call of the strike.

channels TV website

E be like say this beans wey Ayim dey chop don dey worry am. If you want peace go back to N65.
As for Mr Wogu; you are just a regular floatsam. No let us remember your useless, second-hand Industrial Court injuction o!
Occupy everywhere jor.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by dazzy4real(m): 1:13am On Jan 13, 2012
Meeting ends in a deadlock, Aluta continua!
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by stronger: 2:28am On Jan 13, 2012
NIGERIANS OPEN YOUR EYES!!!

THIS IS BEYOND FUEL SUBSIDY!!!

WE HAVE A LOT TO DIALOGUE ON, BUT FIRST THINGS FIRST!!!

[size=16pt]65 NAIRA OR NOTHING!!!![/size]
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by otokx(m): 5:24am On Jan 13, 2012
Why saturday? what happened to today?
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by funshoa1(m): 7:05am On Jan 13, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]No price other than N65 will be accepted els we treat bad jona like Gadafi of lybia.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by fmgold: 7:38am On Jan 13, 2012
The uprising starts when labour betrays. I wonder who the federal government will be having a meeting with next 'the masses'?
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by efisher(m): 7:41am On Jan 13, 2012
When an agreement is reached bw FG and labor, you will be strictly on your own if you engage in any other protests. If you have grievances, settle with NLC or forever remain silent.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by fmgold: 7:51am On Jan 13, 2012
The uprising starts when labour betrays. I wonder who the federal government will be having a meeting with next 'the masses'?
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Kobojunkie: 7:54am On Jan 13, 2012
Am I to believe that, once again, rather than negotiating with ALL groups out there that comprise the Nigerian people, the Government has instead chosen to only negotiate this with the NLC?

If this is the case, then it is in the interest of every single Nigerian out there to inundate NLC with their requests and to demand the group make no groups with the Government that the people, as a majority, do not agree on.  ASUU, Market women's unions, Trade Associations, Professional Groups, etc, all ought to be at that negotiations table and all ought to be able to equally vote, since they are also groups that represent, to a degree, the Nigerian people.
I am not certain exactly when NLC became the only voice of Nigerians and it would it be sad if the Government has chosen to see it that way.
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 13, 2012
^^^
Well said! Bn thinkin abt ds too dat hw culd NLC(2memeber 4dat matter) decide wot concerns 150M+ pple in d country?! Dey can easily sell out!
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by DAY12(m): 10:40am On Jan 13, 2012
Gej

Listen to the voice of Buddha Saying stop your evil act upon the poor masses & revert it back to 65naira.

Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by lastpage: 11:10am On Jan 13, 2012
@SILAKABUWA:

I appreciate people like YOU.
You have gone to great lengths to show that with "reason", diving and civil war is not the only option we have.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, l want to draw your attention to something:

1.) We need UNITY BUT WE CANNOT GET UNITY WITHOUT PEACE. . . . .No.

2.) We Need PEACE but can we ever get PEACE WITHOUT JUSTICE or EQUITY? . . . . .No,

3.) We need JUSTICE/EQUITY but can we ever get JUSTICE where CORRUPTION FESTERS? . . . . . . No.

This is the end of the story.

We all need to unite and stamp out corruption, no matter whose ox is gored!
It is corruption induced INJUSTICE to watch innocent Southerners being killed in the North.
What can you and other well-meaning Northerners do o stop these "recurring" shame?

Lagos is what it is because "we dont give a darn about where you come from or what God you worship"; I live with Hausas, Igbos and about any human you can think off. We celebrate all the Religious festivities together, our children mix and the grown up ones even toast and enter relationships with each other. We dont interfere in your religion (it is private and personal to everyone) and you dont interfere in my own.

It is called RESPECT FOR OTHERS! How can we ensure there is respect for other's religion and belief, in the North as well?

With regards to power-sharing, l think we should not even share power at all. Just let the best man from "anywhere" do a darn good job!
Assuming it becomes lopsided since it may appear that one region is predominantly educated that another (no fault of theirs anyway), we can institute an "accelerated educational program" for the disadvantaged region but we must also ensure that those factors that put them into that position (Almanjeri culture, religious subservience to Mullahs, e.t.c) are eliminated.

Every child must under constitutional law (Parents get jailed for 6months or pay a hefty fine if they dont ensure child attend classes regularly), be educated at least to JSS3, you can then go to an Islamic school after that, if thats what you want. This will help to alleviate the imbalances.

Again, we should ensure that EVERY NIGERIAN is a citizen in any state he "habitually lives" (say 9months in 12 calendar months over 5years). All rights of citizenship must be accorded such person in that location.
In fact, we should do away with the notion of "state of origin" and should never be featured in any documentation except for demographic reasons only!

By the time we start tackling things from the last (Corruption), then to Justice (all these cash-and-carry Justice system!), then we can achieve Peace gradually and then, our Unity may be cemented.

That is how the foundations of America was solidified (to an extent).

For now, evil and corruption is so prevalent that you see everyone rooting for his "tribe or Religion" when such things are useless and mundane.
We need to build trust and confidence in one another.

At this point, it is the responsibility of all Northerners, to protect all Southerners amongst them. Do it openly, like you're fighting for your own lives! Just like all Southerners must do same for all Northerners in their midst.
[size=14pt]Let the "goodness in us" overcome the evil that a few amongst us want to preach and perpetuate.[/size]

Mind you, there will always be evil a few people.

Keep spreading the "good news".

Lastpage
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by lastpage: 11:14am On Jan 13, 2012
Like in the days of Oshiomole and Reuben Abatti, once again, NLC leaders are about to "sell-out" and use Nigerians as a "stepping-stone" to amass wealth and filthy lucre!

Let us disown them ASAP (if they dont insist on 65naira) and let us see if NLC/TUC can stop the protest once we agree they dont represent our interest.

Lastpage
Re: Jonathan, Labour Leaders To Meet At 5pm Today by DAY12(m): 11:43am On Jan 13, 2012
lastpage:

Like in the days of Oshiomole and Reuben Abatti, once again, NLC leaders are about to "sell-out" and use Nigerians as a "stepping-stone" to amass wealth and filthy lucre!

Let us disown them ASAP (if they dont insist on 65naira) and let us see if NLC/TUC can stop the protest once we agree they dont represent our interest.

Lastpage

Well Said!
[img]http://www.sympato.ch/smileys/Winner.gif[/img]

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Gbemi Saraki To Oversee Maritime Sector, Amaechi To Oversee Railway Sector / Update On Awka Flyovers, Anambra State / #corruptionfightingback Trend Backfires On Apc Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.