Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,355 members, 7,947,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 - Sports (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (33902 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / F1 Zone: Formula One Racing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2012
justwise:

Webber and Massa are puppies to Vettel and Alonso, they are there to fulfill all righteousness, Webber just gave way for Vettle from start, no challenge at all, LW had a bad day yes and that can be any driver's position any racing day, with the number of races remaining you can not write off LW
I think the disparity is higher at Ferrari. Compare Webber's points to Massa's! Massa is the ultimate sitting duck in F1 racing today. As at the Singapore race Vettel and Webber where more or less neck and neck and you could say Webber was in the WDC contention can you say the same for Massa?
Are you sure we watched the same race? Webber didn't give way for Vettel man! Vettel has always been a quicker starter than Webber

Hamilton more or less has to win the remaining 4 races and hope that Alonso and Vettel crash out in at least 3 of them. Ejo le fe ro oga! You clearly can't put your bar where your mouth is grin grin

In reference to my previous post: Why am I saying over two races sef? Over the season the McLaren has been arguably the fastest car

On a sidenote its funny how F1 has suddenly become boring again now that Vettel and his team are turning the heat up. Yall Alonso and Hamilton fanboys are something special
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 8:42pm On Oct 14, 2012
^^^ Don't mind them. If at the end of the season Red Bull and Vettel are victorious, we will hear all the old complaints of Vettel driving a concorde while the rest were riding donkeys, and how Red Bulls update made their so much faster than the rest, hence Vettel is not a good driver. cool

1 Like

Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 9:36pm On Oct 14, 2012
montelik: ^^^ Don't mind them. If at the end of the season Red Bull and Vettel are victorious, we will hear all the old complaints of Vettel driving a concorde while the rest were riding donkeys, and how Red Bulls update made their so much faster than the rest, hence Vettel is not a good driver. cool
When you are consistently good and win without fuss and stress people tend to take you for granted even call you boring. Tim Duncan is often called boring. There was nothing wrong when Alonso was leading and RBR was having alternator issues. Ironically Alonso had a chance to drive this RBR I'm sure the €'s swayed him to Ferrari
Hamilton's case. When you sign for a new team 5 races to the end of the season you really can't expect much
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by babyboy3(m): 6:53am On Oct 15, 2012
A-40:

When you are consistently good and win without fuss and stress people tend to take you for granted even call you boring. Tim Duncan is often called boring. There was nothing wrong when Alonso was leading and RBR was having alternator issues. Ironically Alonso had a chance to drive this RBR I'm sure the €'s swayed him to Ferrari
Hamilton's case. When you sign for a new team 5 races to the end of the season you really can't expect much

McLaren are a disgrace as a racing firm and Martin Whitmarsh should be fired, all he concentrated on was trying to make an average/slow driver fast instead of making a fast driver a legend. since Lewis announce his departure he has had a Gear Box, suspension and anti roll bar failure in the last 3 races, now they have lost a position for the WCC to Ferrari, now I could see why Lewis wanted to leave, he may not be winning anything at Merc but he would know that he would be happy where he is and relish the challenge. And whats hurting McLaren now is that the rule stays the same meaning the car rolls into next year and Lewis have a great knowledge of the car which could be valuable to Mercedes.

Mclaren has used engine 8 in both cars in Japan first and not in Korea so now Lewis's engine 8 done two races while Button's engine 8 done only one race, the end result are the remaining four races is now, Button has the use of four engines which already done one race while Lulu has three engines left which already done one race, out of the above availability of engines for both drivers engine 6 which was raced in Belgium will only be considered as a last resort as the Belgian race is regarded as a sternest test of an F1 engine with 70 percent of the lap at full throttle and a 23.5 seconds of constant full throttle.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 11:28am On Oct 15, 2012
baby-boy:

McLaren are a disgrace as a racing firm and Martin Whitmarsh should be fired, all he concentrated on was trying to make an average/slow driver fast instead of making a fast driver a legend. since Lewis announce his departure he has had a Gear Box, suspension and anti roll bar failure in the last 3 races, now they have lost a position for the WCC to Ferrari, now I could see why Lewis wanted to leave, he may not winning anything at Merc but he would know that he would be happy where he is and relish the challenge. And whats hurting McLaren now is that the rule stays the same meaning the car rolls into next year and Lewis have a great knowledge of the car which could be valuable to Mercedes.

Mclaren has used engine 8 in both cars in Japan first and not in Korea so now Lewis's engine 8 done two races while Button's engine 8 done only one race, the end result are the remaining four races is now, Button has the use of four engines which already done one race while Lulu has three engines left which already done one race, out of the above availability of engines for both drivers engine 6 which was raced in Belgium will only be considered as a last resort as the Belgian race is regarded as a sternest test of an F1 engine with 70 percent of the lap at full throttle and a 23.5 seconds of constant full throttle.
Jenson Button is slow?? Lol na wa oh. I don't believe a veteran racing company like McLaren would be c*cking up consistently by accident I smell sabotage somewhere. Lulu picked the wrong time to declare a move to Mercedes in my opinion he threw his toys out the pram too early
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by babyboy3(m): 11:49am On Oct 15, 2012
A-40:

Jenson Button is slow?? Lol na wa oh. I don't believe a veteran racing company like McLaren would be c*cking up consistently by accident I smell sabotage somewhere. Lulu picked the wrong time to declare a move to Mercedes in my opinion he threw his toys out the pram too early

They had to declare it either way McLaren were going to declare that Perez is going to drive for them. Felipe Massa will stay at Ferrari to partner Fernando Alonso next season, but only because he provides the ideal stop-gap solution to bridge the year that the Scuderia will have to wait before landing its main target, Sebastian Vettel, for 2014.
Being used and abused by your employer so publicly must be the greatest feeling in the world.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 15, 2012
i am sure y'all will understand that MBJ's silence is a clear indication of how i feel about this BS. if Alonso does NOT win the WDC this yr then whoever gets it, fully deserves it.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 11:55pm On Oct 15, 2012
baby-boy:

They had to declare it either way McLaren were going to declare that Perez is going to drive for them. Felipe Massa will stay at Ferrari to partner Fernando Alonso next season, but only because he provides the ideal stop-gap solution to bridge the year that the Scuderia will have to wait before landing its main target, Sebastian Vettel, for 2014.
Being used and abused by your employer so publicly must be the greatest feeling in the world.
Come on Lulu has not exactly been a role model employee. Remember his telemetry tweets? Who intentionally puts sensitive team info on the internet. What of his shots at Button? His antics over the season largely shows that he wanted out and I don't think McLaren are too sad to see him go
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by omar22(m): 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2012
Remember his telemetry tweets?

Oh common, whats that phrase again, the fruit doesnt fall far from its tree (something along that way) We are talking about Lewis who is a product of McLaren, the same McLaren that was caught with Ferrari's info?
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2012
omar22:

Oh common, whats that phrase again, the fruit doesnt fall far from its tree (something along that way) We are talking about Lewis who is a product of McLaren, the same McLaren that was caught with Ferrari's info?
They deserve each other IMO
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Tommykash: 7:02pm On Oct 17, 2012
Footballfest Nigeria
www.footballfestng.com
Footballfestng is a soccer blog that focus on soccer related issues solely. Our tentacles extend to a variety of leagues, the EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and a couple of others.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2012
Vettel dominant at the first practice! A full 3 hundredths of a second ahead of Button and Alonso. The 2nd practice was a Red Bull 1-2 with Vettel dominant again and Alonso just behind them
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 11:02am On Oct 27, 2012
Red Bull 1-2 again. I wish Webber was P1, at least Vettel would surely have taken him at the start, while he would keep the chasing pack at bay. Now I can see Vettel flying off while Webber drops to about P4 or P5 with Alonso, Lewis and Button all jumping him at the start or opening lap.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 2:35pm On Oct 27, 2012
Don't think Vettel would be bothered about who is behind him with his driving ability and his car, maybe he would have if he was trying to catch Alonso for the lead of the Driver's Championship but right now all the pressure is on Alonso because he has to push his car harder and also has title contenders in front of him who won't do him any favors. Barring any mechanical failure or safety car fiasco its hard not to see another Vettel procession and invariably the lead stretched even further
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 10:45am On Oct 28, 2012
Alonso is not going down without a fight ooh! Zooms past Hamilton in the first lap and past Button in the DRS zone! He has Webber in his sights now
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 11:22am On Oct 28, 2012
Seems the RBR's are leaning towards a one-stop strategy. Mark Webber smh! Won't be suprised if Alonso overtakes him eventually
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 11:42am On Oct 28, 2012
Vettel leading by 11 seconds! Dude can stop his car right now and go take a leak and still come back in front. Webber barely managing to hold of Alonso
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 11:58am On Oct 28, 2012
This Webber na just wasteman! Smh! I just knew Alonso would pass him! His overheated KERS has rendered him powerless
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2012
Vettel wins!! Alonso 2nd Webber barely hangs on for 3rd and Hamilton 4th
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2012
this year's championship is not going down without a fight from Alonso........ poor car, great driving!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 12:13pm On Oct 28, 2012
Fantastic driving from Alonso! That was Vegas stuff even with his fuel approaching E. You feel he would get at least one chance to cut that 13 point gap its whether he would take it that matters
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by babyboy3(m): 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2012
The title is gone Abu dhabi might favour Ferrari or McLaren in the first sector but the second third sector favours Red Bull and its extremely hard to overtake
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 28, 2012
with 3 races to go, anything is possible between the two at the top........ ANYTHING!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2012
Where is that ninja that wanted to bet on Hamilton grin grin. Scared money don't make none

baby-boy:
The title is gone Abu dhabi might favour Ferrari or McLaren in the first sector but the second third sector favours Red Bull and its extremely hard to overtake
I won't necessarily say gone not with Alonso jumping from 5th to 2nd. The key is keeping Vettel out of pole position because Vettel makes so few mistakes and is so fast that you have zero chance of catching him once he is on pole to make matters worse he is a clutch player so expect him to raise his game even higher in these last 3 races
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 12:01am On Nov 03, 2012
Hamilton and Vettel split the 1st and 2nd practices while Alonso could only do 4th and 7th. Alonso can't afford to phunk around in these last 3 races. A pole finish for Vettel tomorrow and you kinda feel the battle is all but over
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Nov 03, 2012
^^^ a pole for Vettel and it might already be a foot in the grave for Alonso, as Vettel is highly gifted at cruising in clean air undisturbed.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 3:24pm On Nov 03, 2012
Hamilton on pole, the Red Bulls behind him. meanwhile a good cushion between seb at 3rd and Alonso at 7th. not a good scenario for Alonso
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2012
^^^^^so the fact that Vettel's car has been having problem during the whole P3, AND that he had to stop his car on the track, is not a concern to you?

bro, as we speak, Baba Ijebu is in front of me speaking tongues, assuring me that DNF THERE WILL BE AT RBR TOMORROW!!!!

i am more concerned about "el demonio" Maldonado who is ahead of Alonso!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 4:20pm On Nov 03, 2012
I am more worried about Maldonado being right behind Vettel than car problems.

Vettel is in a comfortable enough position to nurse the RB home and score some points.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2012
MRbrownJAY: ^^^^^so the fact that Vettel's car has been having problem during the whole P3, AND that he had to stop his car on the track, is not a concern to you?

bro, as we speak, Baba Ijebu is in front of me speaking tongues, assuring me that DNF THERE WILL BE AT RBR TOMORROW!!!!

i am more concerned about "el demonio" Maldonado who is ahead of Alonso!
Una plan no go work. Webber would prolly give way for Vettel at Turn 1 and Vettel would pursue Lewis till he eventually overtakes him! You can bet Seb and the crew would be up all night working on those breaks. He is an excellent manager of resources and he would bring that car home
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 03, 2012
Baba Ijebu has just finished and IT IS CONFIRMED......Vettel no go finish that one, Baba Ijebu swore on his PHD in herbalism diploma, lol, tomorrow we will all WITNESS the greatness of Baba ijebu!

PS he also said that if i mention his name three times on a thread, all them Alonso haters will be punished for their insolence.......Alonso haters, be warned and REPENT!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 7:36pm On Nov 03, 2012
You and your fake jazzman would be left with egg on your faces. Alonso would be forced to retire while pushing his car beyond its threshold. Vettel would overtake Webber early and finish no lower than 2nd grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply)

Kjaer Being Considered For AC Milan Captaincy After Saving Eriksen / Enyeama's Error Cost Nigeria - Keshi / De Bruyne Suffers Fractured Nose & Eye Socket After Clashing Heads With Rudiger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.