Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,790 members, 7,875,963 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:36 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8904634 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2012
"@rioferdy5: Any1 still buzzing with the win today?! #oooff !"

Imagine this guy getting a buzz from that crippled performance. God help us this season if this is the standard we are setting.
Buzz off what? Getting outplayed by 10 men?
I weep for my club. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 24, 2012
Pataki: A red card given to Liverpool which IMO is not fully deserved.

A Liverpool penalty was declined.

ManU got a penalty shoot-out which honestly was not deserving to them for what I could call a dive again! Non different from the same thing Welbeck did some games ago!

van Persie deserved a red card........what a useless disgusting game indeed. Hard not to say, this game was officiated by a ManU reserve player.

Totally made a mess of the beautiful game of football today. So appalling to watch.
Really, the emboldened sells you short as a ninny beyond redemption.
A team won a penalty shoot-out.
Please explain how possible that is.
Do you deserve to be taken seriously?
All these Chelsea roaches that stray from their holes. . .

debosky:

Nani was poor today - no one will deny that. RVP has been poor for the past two games as well - the penalty today was his only contribution and that doesn't mean he is a bad player or isn't worth his wages.

IMO the entire formation was wrong and the team was either overawed by the occasion or just completely worn out by the mid-week exertions.

Except that Nani has been poor basically all season.Which builds into my position about his "consistency".
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 9:49am On Sep 24, 2012
Nani deserves a pay cut.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:52am On Sep 24, 2012
mbulela: Nani deserves a pay cut.

he deserves a pay rise!
everyone on the pitch was shyte - even van persie couldn't hold the ball well. we don't play well @ anfield, i dunno why! the crowd gets to the players and they lose their heads!!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 10:08am On Sep 24, 2012
StarBoard:
Except that Nani has been poor basically all season.Which builds into my position about his "consistency".

This 'all season' we're talking about is a grand total of 5 games (6 counting CL) right? For balance, Valencia has also been 'poor basically all season', so has Welbeck, Hernandez, Giggs, Evra and a whole bunch of other players.

Besides, I don't agree he has been 'poor' all season - in the Gala game he created numerous opportunities that United forwards didn't utilise. Yes he missed a penalty, but that has been a general United malaise this season, not a Nani specific one. In the game before that, he played well against Wigan, even if he wasn't exceptional. He had a very poor game against Liverpool and that's not in doubt.

In my view it's too early to judge a player's consistency over 5 games, especially as the team is still struggling for consistency as a whole. I'd wait for 10 games at a minimum before trying to draw out trends.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 24, 2012
debosky:

This 'all season' we're talking about is a grand total of 5 games (6 counting CL) right? For balance, Valencia has also been 'poor basically all season', so has Welbeck, Hernandez, Giggs, Evra and a whole bunch of other players.

Besides, I don't agree he has been 'poor' all season - in the Gala game he created numerous opportunities that United forwards didn't utilise. Yes he missed a penalty, but that has been a general United malaise this season, not a Nani specific one. In the game before that, he played well against Wigan, even if he wasn't exceptional. He had a very poor game against Liverpool and that's not in doubt.

In my view it's too early to judge a player's consistency over 5 games, especially as the team is still struggling for consistency as a whole. I'd wait for 10 games at a minimum before trying to draw out trends.
Let's see.Aren't you doing a backward-flip in two directions on the same jump?
You want to excuse Nani on the grounds of having played just a handful of games, yet you want to lump him together with percieved poor performers.
If you want to use that lump tactic to bunch Nani in, feel free to.
But Nani was terrible in the Galatasaray game.No need to exonorate him.His miss from the penalty spot was atrocious, and he did little else aside from a few flicks and tricks.Which Wigan game?Not the one a week ago.
Yesterday, he was easily United's worst player, losing possession (something I still find difficult to comprehend that your ilk keep overlooking)and just being a liability offensively and defensively.
Alread,he's 60% into your own KPI and he's not looking good.

coogar:

he deserves a pay rise!
everyone on the pitch was shyte - even van persie couldn't hold the ball well. we don't play well @ anfield, i dunno why! the crowd gets to the players and they lose their heads!!!!
You will give a pay-rise to someone who can't keep the ball?
Really?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:02am On Sep 24, 2012
StarBoard:
You will give a pay-rise to someone who can't keep the ball?
Really?

how many players kept the ball yesterday? everyone of them was shyte! stop the witchhunt, it makes you sound like dayokanu! who had a good game @ anfield apart from rio's defensive quality and rafael's goal? valencia was worse than nani - didn't notice his presence until he ran the length of the pitch in a 3 versus 2 situation and he still wasted the chance - he's lucky ref bought his foolishness and gave a penalty! if every other player in the team got a pay-rise - nani shouldn't be exempted! against galatasaray, nani was super class. 7 key passes he supplied in the game - 5 resulted in a one v one situation that our strikers didn't convert. on another day, that could have easily been 5 goal assists!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 11:24am On Sep 24, 2012
We must change our outstretched wing pattern 2 acomodate our new boys includin Nani bt cn only do dat wit Ando n Clevs combo. Or since our mid is bad i sugest we go 4-3-3 formation of Carik-Ando-Clev. in d mid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 11:45am On Sep 24, 2012
StarBoard:
Let's see.Aren't you doing a backward-flip in two directions on the same jump?
You want to excuse Nani on the grounds of having played just a handful of games, yet you want to lump him together with percieved poor performers.

Not really - if we want to judge on the basis of 5 games, we have to judge everyone on that basis, not just Nani. It's a lopsided argument to harp on Nani's inconsistency and ignore the inconsistency of everyone else.

But Nani was terrible in the Galatasaray game.No need to exonorate him.His miss from the penalty spot was atrocious, and he did little else aside from a few flicks and tricks.Which Wigan game?Not the one a week ago.

His miss wasn't any more 'atrocious' than Hernandez' or RVP, so don't overplay that. Secondly, Nani delivered 7 key passes that the strikers failed to convert. I don't see how you can call that a few 'flicks and tricks'.

Yesterday, he was easily United's worst player, losing possession (something I still find difficult to comprehend that your ilk keep overlooking)and just being a liability offensively and defensively.

Nothing is being overlooked - Nani had a poor game - no arguments, and yes losing possession can be part of having a poor game. Is that supposed to be a new discovery or something? Did anyone claim Nani never loses possession?

Alread,he's 60% into your own KPI and he's not looking good.

Not many Utd players are looking good after 5/6 games - even the manager slated the entire team performance. Or do you want to lay that at Nani's doorstep too?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 24, 2012
grin grin cheesy

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:39pm On Sep 24, 2012
debosky:

Not really - if we want to judge on the basis of 5 games, we have to judge everyone on that basis, not just Nani. It's a lopsided argument to harp on Nani's inconsistency and ignore the inconsistency of everyone else.
I'm singling out Nani because I had been on his case even before the season started.
Lumping everybody in together doesn't help his case in my view.It's a gross understatement to say he has been mediocre thus far.
You're introducing parameters to make your argument safe.
In fact,given the plaudits that you and coogar and that third-hand vehicle seller have given him, I'm sure this defence isn't what you were projecting afterwards.
Nani has been inconsistent throughout his United career.
debosky:
His miss wasn't any more 'atrocious' than Hernandez' or RVP, so don't overplay that. Secondly, Nani delivered 7 key passes that the strikers failed to convert. I don't see how you can call that a few 'flicks and tricks'.
As per the penalty miss, you need to understand that while Hernandez and RvP made up for their erros the respective games they played in by scoring, Nani hasn't managed to even score in 5 games he has appeared in, not to talk of atone for his miss in the game he missed the penalty.That's where he stands out like a sore thumb.
Yes he may have delivered telling passes, but until they account as assists (according to coogar and his productivity tag), I will continue to look at the number of times he keeps giving the ball away and putting our defence/midfield under pressure.
Nani has 2 assists (1 could be termed a shot at goal since Al-Habsi fumbled that into Scholes'path, so technically that shouldn't be termed as an assist) so far, but Shinji Kagawa has as many assists already if not more.So much for a player the "stats" say is more of a threat offensively
debosky:
Nothing is being overlooked - Nani had a poor game - no arguments, and yes losing possession can be part of having a poor game. Is that supposed to be a new discovery or something? Did anyone claim Nani never loses possession?
I said Nani loses possession too often in games, and that was an earlier position which still stands that none of you who proclaimed him the best winger have as much as acknowledged,not to talk of expounding upon before crowning him with the title of Europe's most underpaid player and king of the wings.You people say he is "productive". How can one be "productive" if you agree he gives away the ball too often?
debosky:
Not many Utd players are looking good after 5/6 games - even the manager slated the entire team performance. Or do you want to lay that at Nani's doorstep too?

According to you, he's now following the trend of giving poor performances,which negates his tag of being able to do something special at any given time.Which we haven't seen so far into the season.
But you folks called him a maverick.Meaning he could do something out of the blue to change the state of any game at any point in time.
Isn't that contradictory?
What happened to the special talent he allegedly possessed?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 24, 2012
coogar:

how many players kept the ball yesterday? everyone of them was shyte! stop the witchhunt, it makes you sound like dayokanu! who had a good game @ anfield apart from rio's defensive quality and rafael's goal? valencia was worse than nani - didn't notice his presence until he ran the length of the pitch in a 3 versus 2 situation and he still wasted the chance - he's lucky ref bought his foolishness and gave a penalty! if every other player in the team got a pay-rise - nani shouldn't be exempted! against galatasaray, nani was super class. 7 key passes he supplied in the game - 5 resulted in a one v one situation that our strikers didn't convert. on another day, that could have easily been 5 goal assists!
According to you, any other thing aside from assists and goals is to be discounted.
So tell me something else aside from 7 key passes.
How many shots into row Z did he have in the game?How many misplaced passes did he have in that game as well?
I don't know what your definition of class is,but if it is Nani,then we live in an extremely crappy world.
As per Valencia,Mark Lawrenson (a Livepool legend) says it was a foul and therefore a penalty.You know who I will believe out of the two of you as a pundit.
El Guapo: grin grin cheesy
This is ridiculous, but coming from another Chelsea mite, I'm not surprised.
So Halsey gave the assist for Rafael's goal?
You must be thinking with your appendix.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2012
StarBoard:
According to you, any other thing aside from assists and goals is to be discounted.

this is where we differ - any other thing apart from goals, assists and key passes can be discounted. ball control, dribbling, accurate passes, good vision, stealth, pace, power, key passes, football sense, etc are all the means to an end(goal scoring) so if nani stutters for half a match but manages to produce 2 assists or create goal scoring opportunities then his job for the day is done!

So tell me something else aside from 7 key passes.

he linked the attack well after his penalty miss!

How many shots into row Z did he have in the game?How many misplaced passes did he have in that game as well?I don't know what your definition of class is,but if it is Nani,then we live in an extremely crappy world.

at least, that shows nani does not hide in games.....he is a trier! fans love a trier!!!

As per Valencia,Mark Lawrenson (a Livepool legend) says it was a foul and therefore a penalty.You know who I will believe out of the two of you as a pundit.

no one is disputing whether it was a pen or not - all i am saying is it shouldn't even have gone to that route if valencia possessed any football brain. 3 strikers vs 2 defenders should be resulting in a goal. valencia had 2 runners but he hesitated n hesitated until he was dispossessed. the ref could have easily waved a corner kick and it would have been another missed goal scoring opportunity!!!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2012
StarBoard:
I'm singling out Nani because I had been on his case even before the season started. Lumping everybody in together doesn't help his case in my view.

As football is a team sport, any individual’s performances have to be contextualised within the team’s overall performances.

It's a gross understatement to say he has been mediocre thus far.

2 assists in 5 games - hardly what I’d call mediocre, especially considering the acknowledged poor performance and wastefulness of the Utd frontline.

As per the penalty miss, you need to understand that while Hernandez and RvP made up for their erros the respective games they played in by scoring, Nani hasn't managed to even score in 5 games he has appeared in, not to talk of atone for his miss in the game he missed the penalty.That's where he stands out like a sore thumb.

Hardly - RVP was only able to ‘make amends’ because of the excellent cross Nani provided for RVP. Furthermore, if not for RVP’s wastefulness in front of goal (a recurring theme for Utd forwards) Nani would’ve had 2 assists in that game.

Yes he may have delivered telling passes, but until they account as assists (according to coogar and his productivity tag), I will continue to look at the number of times he keeps giving the ball away and putting our defence/midfield under pressure.

Fair enough - Nani was careless in possession, especially against Liverpool. Is he the first or was he the only one?

Nani has 2 assists (1 could be termed a shot at goal since Al-Habsi fumbled that into Scholes'path, so technically that shouldn't be termed as an assist) so far, but Shinji Kagawa has as many assists already if not more.So much for a player the "stats" say is more of a threat offensively

Wrong - key passes are the best measure of a player like Nani. If strikers are failing to convert, that’s not his fault.

I said Nani loses possession too often in games, and that was an earlier position which still stands that none of you who proclaimed him the best winger have as much as acknowledged,not to talk of expounding upon before crowning him with the title of Europe's most underpaid player and king of the wings

He may lose possession, but how did you arrive at the conclusion of 'too much'?

You people say he is "productive". How can one be "productive" if you agree he gives away the ball too often?

Productivity is a measure of goals/assists (output) compared to other players in his position. It does not imply a player holding on to possession 99.99% of the time. They are related but not solely dependent on each other.

According to you, he's now following the trend of giving poor performances,which negates his tag of being able to do something special at any given time.Which we haven't seen so far into the season.

It is a quite unrealistic claim to equate poor performance(s) with negating a player’s special ability. Even the best players have dips in form.

And who says you haven’t seen it so far this season? Nani comes on late in the game at Southampton and creates a chance for RVP, penalty results which RVP fluffs, Nani AGAIN delivers a telling cross that wins the game for United.

But you folks called him a maverick. Meaning he could do something out of the blue to change the state of any game at any point in time. Isn't that contradictory? What happened to the special talent he allegedly possessed?

There is no contradiction - being able to do something at any time has never been and will never be the same as and doing it every time. This simple distinction ought to be obvious to you. Maybe you need to re-read the definition of maverick?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2012
I tire 4 dz una NaNI Issue oh! shocked

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 4:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
Can we convert these energies into what we need to to clubbing Fergie to submission?
Nani this Nani that> . . . . . i tire for una
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2012
Emperoh: Can we convert these energies into what we need to to clubbing Fergie to submission?
Nani this Nani that> . . . . . i tire for una

nah - starboard is too stubborn to admit he's wrong about nani. granted, nani had a bad performance against liverpool but so did many of the players on show including the manager for selecting a shyte team. however, for starboard to claim nani didn't play well against galatasaray when he was the best player on the pitch is stretching the borders of insanity!

those are 3 key passes that should have been goal assists! they said nani cannot pass but there is no iota of truth in that statement!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 24, 2012
debosky:

As football is a team sport, any individual’s performances have to be contextualised within the team’s overall performances.
Only when you want to mask a player's deficiencies do you cloud a player with his team.
Even when United were firing on all cylinders, where was Nani?
debosky:
2 assists in 5 games - hardly what I’d call mediocre, especially considering the acknowledged poor performance and wastefulness of the Utd frontline.
Unless we both have a differing view on what mediocrity is.
2 assists in 450 minutes or 7 1/2 hours.
Tell me something else, jare.
debosky:
Hardly - RVP was only able to ‘make amends’ because of the excellent cross Nani provided for RVP. Furthermore, if not for RVP’s wastefulness in front of goal (a recurring theme for Utd forwards) Nani would’ve had 2 assists in that game.
You forgot that prior to that, van Persie scored from a Valencia cross.
You forgot that soon after,van Persie scored in the same game.
Nani's cross (his first decent corner in like forever that beat the first defender)came after he had scored two goals.
debosky:
Fair enough - Nani was careless in possession, especially against Liverpool. Is he the first or was he the only one?
I'm tired of saying that Nani has a trademark of losing the ball, so doing so against Liverpool is only continuing a trend.
No need to keep harping on the "team was rubbish" mantra.
debosky:
Wrong - key passes are the best measure of a player like Nani. If strikers are failing to convert, that’s not his fault.
Hmm, let's invite coogar into this debate, because he replied that assists + goals= productivity when we were debating about the stats comparison.Unless he's going to shift the argument again.Otherwise, I'm still not paying any attention to that rubbish key-passes stat when they don't lead to goals.
debosky:
He may lose possession, but how did you arrive at the conclusion of 'too much'?

How many correct passes did Nani make in 45 minutes yesterday for example?
How many of same were done vs Everton?
Next. . . ?
debosky:

Productivity is a measure of goals/assists (output) compared to other players in his position. It does not imply a player holding on to possession 99.99% of the time. They are related but not solely dependent on each other.
And you'd consider someone who wastes possession as productive?
Logic would imply that you have to keep the ball to use it effectively,but according to you, it's another thing.
debosky:

It is a quite unrealistic claim to equate poor performance(s) with negating a player’s special ability. Even the best players have dips in form.

When you do the wrong things regularly, they tend to become a part of your personality.
In this case, Nani has turned into a serial waste-pipe.
Nothing more to say.
Nani's dip in form has been going on for like 5 years.
debosky:
And who says you haven’t seen it so far this season? Nani comes on late in the game at Southampton and creates a chance for RVP, penalty results which RVP fluffs, Nani AGAIN delivers a telling cross that wins the game for United.
Even the imbecilic giraffe Welbeck have also won penalties for United this season, so it's hardly spectacular when you consider the company of penalty chance creators.Valencia did so single-handedly yesterday,same as Rafael. . .it's no big deal jare.
He crosses from a corner and RvP is unmarked, and I should jump for joy.But before then he put us under pressure with his trademark misplaced pass.
In the same game, the one-legged Valencia found van Persie from open play with a cross.
debosky:
There is no contradiction - being able to do something at any time has never been and will never be the same as and doing it every time. This simple distinction ought to be obvious to you. Maybe you need to re-read the definition of maverick?
So where was it yesterday?
Or do Mavericks have days off?
Why couldn't he do so at least once during his 45 minutes instead of falling on his skinny butt?
coogar:

this is where we differ - any other thing apart from goals, assists and key passes can be discounted. ball control, dribbling, accurate passes, good vision, stealth, pace, power, key passes, football sense, etc are all the means to an end(goal scoring) so if nani stutters for half a match but manages to produce 2 assists or create goal scoring opportunities then his job for the day is done!
Please educate me how he's supposed to deliver the key passes without any of the attributes you listed that you imply aren't that important.
Or am I supposed to think he is just going to wait by the by-line and wait for the ball to come to him before delivering the "key passes"?.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2012
coogar:

nah - starboard is too stubborn to admit he's wrong about nani. granted, nani had a bad performance against liverpool but so did many of the players on show including the manager for selecting a shyte team. however, for starboard to claim nani didn't play well against galatasaray when he was the best player on the pitch is stretching the borders of insanity!

Nani is lucky we won that Gala match.That's why you have the nerve to type the above.
Besides, RuuDie is also too stubborn to agree.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:49pm On Sep 24, 2012
StarBoard:
Please educate me how he's supposed to deliver the key passes without any of the attributes you listed that you imply aren't that important.

duh! that's the point - nani has all these attributes and this is why his stats are miles prettier than any winger in the league. i was only speaking generally that sometimes the attributes can be discounted if one can get goals or assist goals. ryan giggs in the last 3 seasons has mastered the arts. giggs play shyte for 90 mins but he would get an assist or a goal and all is forgiven! nani offers so much more than giggs though!

Or am I supposed to think he is just going to wait by the by-line and wait for the ball to come to him before delivering the "key passes"?.

reference the gifs i posted above - can you see the intelligent passes to kagawa and evra? do those look like nani is dud or the players ahead of him cannot finish?

StarBoard:
Nani is lucky we won that Gala match.That's why you have the nerve to type the above.
Besides, RuuDie is also too stubborn to agree.

what woulda happened if we didn't win? he had about half-a-dozen key passes against galatasaray - chances you would expect us to score from on another day but the attack kept fluffing their lines! his only major flaw was the missed penalty - it was a shot on target, it's not like he blasted it over the bar like papiss cisse did last night - who hasn't missed a pen for us this season?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 24, 2012
coogar:

duh! that's the point - nani has all these attributes and this is why his stats are miles prettier than any winger in the league. i was only speaking generally that sometimes the attributes can be discounted if one can get goals or assist goals. ryan giggs in the last 3 seasons has mastered the arts. giggs play shyte for 90 mins but he would get an assist or a goal and all is forgiven! nani offers so much more than giggs though!
Your opinion.
coogar:
reference the gifs i posted above - can you see the intelligent passes to kagawa and evra? do those look like nani is dud or the players ahead of him cannot finish?
Still doesn't answer my question.
coogar:

what woulda happened if we didn't win? he had about half-a-dozen key passes against galatasaray - chances you would expect us to score from on another day but the attack kept fluffing their lines! his only major flaw was the missed penalty - it was a shot on target, it's not like he blasted it over the bar like papiss cisse did last night - who hasn't missed a pen for us this season?
A miss is a miss.
His is even worse given he tried that played-out start-stop run-up.
You're forgeting several blasts into row ZZ when a telling pass would have been a better option.

Boy i'm done arguing with you on Nani.The boy is shyte.
Let's move on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 5:06pm On Sep 24, 2012
StarBoard:
Only when you want to mask a player's deficiencies do you cloud a player with his team. Even when United were firing on all cylinders, where was Nani?

In both games where United have scored more than twice, Nani has made a telling contribution.

Unless we both have a differing view on what mediocrity is. 2 assists in 450 minutes or 7 1/2 hours. Tell me something else, jare.[quote]

You haven’t defined mediocrity, you just keep using the term glibly. Secondly, is playing only the first half against Liverpool now equivalent to 90mins? What about coming on late at Southampton? Is that also also 90 minutes? Do you need a calculator? cheesy

[quote]
You forgot that prior to that, van Persie scored from a Valencia cross. You forgot that soon after,van Persie scored in the same game. Nani's cross (his first decent corner in like forever that beat the first defender)came after he had scored two goals.

I forgot nothing - the fact is, had RVP scored the pen, that would be two assists from Nani in substitute performance. Scoring previously doesn’t excuse a penalty miss. Besides, the 'soon after' was from a Nani cross not so?

I'm tired of saying that Nani has a trademark of losing the ball, so doing so against Liverpool is only continuing a trend. No need to keep harping on the "team was rubbish" mantra.

Talk is cheap - possession stats are easily available so produce them to support your claims. So far all you’ve spouted are opinions which are constantly being demolished.

Hmm, let's invite coogar into this debate, because he replied that assists + goals= productivity when we were debating about the stats comparison.Unless he's going to shift the argument again.Otherwise, I'm still not paying any attention to that rubbish key-passes stat when they don't lead to goals.

The definition of productivity has not changed, all I have said is that chance conversion influences productivity - this ties back to my first point about overall team performance. Surely you can grasp the distinction?

How many correct passes did Nani make in 45 minutes yesterday for example? How many of same were done vs Everton?
Next. . . ?

Make a claim, back it up with numbers - or you expect to be spoonfed like I did above on your pitiful maths? cheesy

And you'd consider someone who wastes possession as productive? Logic would imply that you have to keep the ball to use it effectively,but according to you, it's another thing.

I’ve answered this already - refer to my previous post on productivity and possession. Nani is so ‘wasteful’ in possession yet is more productive than the other wingers in the league! Shame on them all grin grin

Firstly I never implied anything - secondly, he still outperforms other wingers in the league despite your alleged possession ‘wasting’. True or false? cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2012
StarBoard:
A miss is a miss.
His is even worse given he tried that played-out start-stop run-up.

he tried it @ the euros and his pen for portugal was the best on the night!

You're forgeting several blasts into row ZZ when a telling pass would have been a better option.

in spite of all these flaws of nani, his stats are still better than any winger you can name in england. isn't that what you should be worried about?

Boy i'm done arguing with you on Nani.The boy is shyte.
Let's move on.

you're done because each of the points you have raised got demolished! nani is a beast on his day - we don't have another player like him. only van persie and rooney have more market value than nani in the whole united squad!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 11:11pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ha! Na wa oh!
Starboard/Ruudie VS Debosky/Coogar! Me tire jare tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 24, 2012
Yawwwwwnnnnnnnn!!!!! All this epistle on Nani? No not again
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 12:19am On Sep 25, 2012
StarBoard:
In fact,given the plaudits that you and coogar and that third-hand vehicle seller have given him, I'm sure this defence isn't what you were projecting afterwards.

Do you have a problem with the (praiseworthy) way the man makes his bread? If you need a discount on your next ride kindly send the man a discreet email and stop referencing him up and down.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 1:59am On Sep 25, 2012
Ibime:

Do you have a problem with the (praiseworthy) way the man makes his bread? If you need a discount on your next ride kindly send the man a discreet email and stop referencing him up and down.

Help me ask am oooo
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 11:49am On Sep 25, 2012
I ask again, what good is a "maverick" if we have to wait (6 * the average interval between an adult female's period) month to get a decent, MOTM performance from him!!?

I've said this before and will continually echo it --- je'jely give me my average Walcott, Eagles even Milner sef and I will be happy --- at the very least I won't die of a heart-attack borne of utter frustration and disappointment!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
QUOTE OF THE DAY:
"I am not the kind of guy who reads the papers or goes on to the internet. But when I hear people say Patrice never had someone to fight him for his place I think they have bad memories. They forget very quickly how I got to become Manchester United's left-back. I fought with two great players in Gabriel Heinze and Mikael Silvestre.
Football is like a pyramid. It is easy to reach the top of the pyramid but to stay there is the hardest part. It is too easy for people to say that now we have bought another left back Patrice Evra will have to fight for his place. Patrice Evra has always fought for his place."

— Yes, Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra really did call Mikael Silvestre a great player.

Yeah, for shizzy, thats my nig'zzy - the ever-reliable Evra!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 12:23pm On Sep 25, 2012
RuuDie: I ask again, what good is a "maverick" if we have to wait (6 * the average interval between an adult female's period) month to get a decent, MOTM performance from him!!?

I've said this before and will continually echo it --- je'jely give me my average Walcott, Eagles even Milner sef and I will be happy --- at the very least I won't die of a heart-attack borne of utter frustration and disappointment!

Bruh. . .your type will accept consistent mediocrity over the potential to achieve fantastic heights albeit at unpredictable intervals.

It's a matter of preference - some like slow and steady, others like risks with the chance for the big pay off. The latter may involve more heartache at times, but it is ultimately more rewarding.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_zISpqwO2c

anfield is my favourite football ground - jeeeez, listen to the abuses scousers rained down on the referee. wives and kids were there and yet when rooney swears on camera, he gets fined!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2012
RuuDie: I ask again, what good is a "maverick" if we have to wait (6 * the average interval between an adult female's period) month to get a decent, MOTM performance from him!!?

Milner? Chris Eagles? O ga oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.