Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,791 members, 7,875,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:46 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8904654 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2012
wat's wrong wit Fergie! Leave giggs n scholes alone n play our young playas
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:33pm On Sep 29, 2012
What do Phelan and Rene do in this team? I can't help but think Fergie is keeping them because they never question his authority. If Queiroz was here, there's no way we'll be playing this dreadful with Giggs and Scholes starting in midfield especially against an energetic side like Tottenham.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 29, 2012
chamotex: If Giggs doesnt come off after that horrible show, then I give up on Fergie.
How he even made the starting line up after his lethargic performance at Anfield beats me.
That is one of the downsides of having an untouchable(Fergie) in positions like this. I bet Giggsy wont be coming off and Fergie will find another scapegoat after this game when in truth the only person who needs a bloody hairdryer is the old retar.d himself.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2012
When we start to concede 3 goals in over 50mins at OT, then you know there's a big problem.

We are still prone to conceding though...not moved by the 2 goals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
How market
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
I couldnt be arsed to watch that 2nd half after d horror show in the 1st, hope Fergies realizes how much he cost us this game(even though i expect Giggsy to start our next big game) and stop playing Geriatics in our midfield again. That said, its 3 points lost considering as Chelsea and City won their respective games today. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2012
This is all Fergie's fault
simples. how we play 2 diff styles inthe same game is just annoyingly amazing. Did we have to wait to go 2 goals down b4 turning up the heat. Fergie himself needs to be giveen the hair dryer treatment from the fans. This is so fvckin annoying.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2012
coogar:

i have a solution:
let's send 5 of our members here to cheshire in balaclavas and a baseball bat to whack the knee-caps of giggsy and scholes! i am nominating starboard, chamotex, emperoh, coded guy and montelik!

I am ready whenever the others are. Enough is enough.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2012
Yep, totally deserved defeat even though we dominated the 2nd half. If anything Im glad we lost, maybe SAF will wake up or seek treatment as he's starting to go senile. Definitely all SAF's fault. The midfield is just disgusting. Especially as a 65 yr old is still our best midfielder. Giggs should be forced into retirement. but I dont even want to name individual players. That one is all SAF as we have the worst midfield in the top 6.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 29, 2012
Viewing this topic: chamotex(m), montelik(m), Purist
(m), coded guy(m), bxg(m), Mr_
TA(m) and 4 other guests. I'm sure coogar and starboard are in there somewhere.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
Even if we had Pele & Maradona up front it wouldn’t make a difference if Bale, Lennon and their freaking left back can run through our centre midfield unchallenged

The all too sad truth.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2012
montelik:

I am ready whenever the others are. Enough is enough.
Pls allow me the honour of doing one on Giggsy. That nucca and i have scores to settle.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2012
Mr_TA: Yep, totally deserved defeat even though we dominated the 2nd half. If anything Im glad we lost, maybe SAF will wake up or seek treatment as he's starting to go senile. Definitely all SAF's fault. The midfield is just disgusting. Especially as a 65 yr old is still our best midfielder. Giggs should be forced into retirement. but I dont even want to name individual players. That one is all SAF as we have the worst midfield in the top 6.

ryan giggs is a selfish human being!
what else has he got to prove? he's broken the number of appearances record, he's won more league titles than the other 19 teams put together in the top division have mustered and yet he cannot see he's hindering the growth of the young midfielders in the team!

gary neville decided to retire few seasons back when he realised he was posing a threat to his own team! why can't giggs do the same? it's obvious fergie won't send him packing because of loyalty - but the onus lies on giggs now to go! he's been a great servant for us but its time to go!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2012
coogar:

ryan giggs is a selfish human being!
what else has he got to prove? he's broken the number of appearances record, he's won more league titles than the other 19 teams put together in the top division have mustered and yet he cannot see he's hindering the growth of the young midfielders in the team!

gary neville decided to retire few seasons back when he realised he was posing a threat to his own team! why can't giggs do the same? it's obvious fergie won't send him packing because of loyalty - but the onus lies on giggs now to go! he's been a great servant for us but its time to go!

No this is all on SAF. So what if Giggs refuses to retire. SAF should not be picking him for games he is clearly not suited for. SAF is the one who gets the blame. Why is he picking him? Does Giggs have some compromising pictures of him? After all we didn't hang on to Bruce, Robson e.t.c. continually playing them to the detriment of the team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 29, 2012
Come on Coogs, you keep laying the blame on Giggsy like he picked the damn team. If anyone is to blame it has to be Fergie, there's no way Giggsy should be anywhere near the bloody team.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:08pm On Sep 29, 2012
Sir Alex ditched Berbatov because he wanted the team to play fast passing football, so what’s the logic behind starting Giggs & Scholes together?

I wonder.

Scholes and Giggs shouldn’t start anymore. I know Paul will get praise for pulling the strings again, but that only happened when Spurs sat back. The one time they attacked with purpose, Dempsey had a free ride down our middle channel and scored.

Sadly SAF has already said Scholes will play a key role this season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2012
I think i read somewhere Fergie saying Giggs and Scholes have a few years of top level football in them. I know its knee-jerk but i think fergie trust them than our other players. But why he chooses to play them in these fixtures i will neva know.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2012
My Fellow Scumwats HOW MARKET?

YAYA KASUA?

BAWO NI OJA?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2012
montelik:

No this is all on SAF. So what if Giggs refuses to retire. SAF should not be picking him for games he is clearly not suited for. SAF is the one who gets the blame. Why is he picking him? Does Giggs have some compromising pictures of him? After all we didn't hang on to Bruce, Robson e.t.c. continually playing them to the detriment of the team.

if gary neville didn't retire, fergie would still be starting him in big games! i think fergie said it sometime ago that giggs/scholes would continue to play for him until they tell him they cannot cope anymore - so it's down to them to raise their hands up and retire!

who wants to have a bet with me that giggs/scholes would start against man city?

chic2pimp: My Fellow Scumwats HOW MARKET?

YAYA KASUA?

BAWO NI OJA?

this is the most intelligent comment you have posted in years!! einstein would be proud of you in his grave the way you have managed to analyse the match in 3 different languages! you must be a genius, ain't you?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:54pm On Sep 29, 2012
Would also like to point out 4-4-2 is still our best option, particularly in the league. Unless the makeup of the squad is drastically changed, it remains our strongest formation. Its what occurs most naturally, and when we look our best. Unfortunately with Scholes still controlling midfield for us (not to mention Carrick who is becoming less and less like the player we got in 06), we are very susceptible when playing 4-4-2 unless the opposition drop deep.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 9:06pm On Sep 29, 2012
montelik: Would also like to point out 4-4-2 is still our best option, particularly in the league. Unless the makeup of the squad is drastically changed, it remains our strongest formation. Its what occurs most naturally, and when we look our best. Unfortunately with Scholes still controlling midfield for us (not to mention Carrick who is becoming less and less like the player we got in 06), we are very susceptible when playing 4-4-2 unless the opposition drop deep.

how can you blame carrick for the shyte way we play? he's the only one there doing something when we don't have the ball. scholes is good when united are in possession like you saw in the 2nd half......but when we lose it, the moment carrick is caught upfield or carrick's interception fails - there's no one else to track runners or offer any defensive shield to the back four! spurs had 2 dynamo engines in their midfield in sandro and dembele(both are great tacklers and can bring the ball forward).... we have a good combo in anderson and cleverley but that gum chewing old man prefers the old guards! it's bizarre!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:46pm On Sep 29, 2012
There's no point stating d obvious, we'll have to manage piss & shyte till fergie goes home, taking scholes, giggs & carrick with him
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:53pm On Sep 29, 2012
I am not blaming Carrick for today, but he does constitute an under performing asset and frustrating player who can and should do better than good. Question why isn't Carrick the one doing what Scholes does for United today or what Giggs is called on to suck at doing? Its not like we rely on Scholes to make late runs into the box, shoot from the edge of the area, or drive forward in possession like he did previously, skills which have never been strong in Carrick games. Scholes of today and the last 2-3 seasons is longer needed to contribute goals and and assists like before. He simply keeps possession, spreads the ball to the full-backs or wingers, occasionally goes forward once or twice at most per game and plays a handful of through passes now and then. Retain possession and spread play while dictating tempo from the middle, shikena. This is a pretty close description of what Carrick did excellently for Spurs and early in his United days. Yet he is doesn't seem to want it. His game has regressed and he looks all to happy to shy away from the responsibility. Its an indictment of his desire that he isn't the one being asked to do what Scholes is doing since he has (or at least had) the ability to carry out this role without all of the downsides Scholes brings.

Now though he has become a pure anchor, who has feet of stone, dull instincts for the quick pass, he no longer plays the one touch pass like he once did consistently, often looks clumsy and slow minded when he has possession anywhere north of 10 yards in the opposition half. Look I am not saying Carrick is not a good or even a very valuable asset to this team. Just that he is an under-performing one(considering his vast experience and ability). Scholes has only gotten worse as the years have gone by, yet he still came off his couch and took control of United's midfield while Carrick happily conceded it to him. After 6 consecutive seasons as an almost guaranteed starter he can't take the reigns from a 40 year old who is diminishing with every game. cry He has refused to step and grab the mantle hence why he is being reduced to carrying water for either Scholes or Giggs as he has done for the last 2-3 seasons and its partly his fault. Its not going to be handed to him, he has to want it, lay his claim for it and if necessary grab it. Robson grabbed it , Keane did, even Scholes grabbed it from Keane and pushed Veron out, so this isn't a matter of having an aggressive style of play. When CR7 left Rooney stood up and said I am here to lead. Vidic who was Rio's vice in defense,was always looking for it, and stood up when Rio had fitness issues. he is now the undisputed leader of the backline whenever he plays even when Rio is on the pitch despite Rio's greater natural talents. Carrick on the other hand is happy to stand back in the anchor role away from responsibility. A A+ student happy to pass with B's because life is easier that way.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:08pm On Sep 29, 2012
montelik: I am not blaming Carrick for today, but he does constitute an under performing asset and frustrating player who can and should do better than good. Question why isn't Carrick the one doing what Scholes does for United today or what Giggs is called on to suck at doing? Its not like we rely on Scholes to make late runs into the box, shoot from the edge of the area, or drive forward in possession like he did previously, skills which have never been strong in Carrick games. Scholes of today and the last 2-3 seasons is longer needed to contribute goals and and assists like before. He simply keeps possession, spreads the ball to the full-backs or wingers, occasionally goes forward once or twice at most per game and plays a handful of through passes now and then. Retain possession and spread play while dictating tempo from the middle, shikena. This is a pretty close description of what Carrick did excellently for Spurs and early in his United days. Yet he is doesn't seem to want it. His game has regressed and he looks all to happy to shy away from the responsibility. Its an indictment of his desire that he isn't the one being asked to do what Scholes is doing since he has (or at least had) the ability to carry out this role without all of the downsides Scholes brings.

carrick is not doing that cos his role is now a "mikel obi" role! the last time carrick left his position and took the ball in a driving run and scored against qpr, fergie said he would deduct his wages! the roles are clear cut - passer/creator/destroyer! we cannot have carrick in scholesy's role until we have fletcher/hargreaves back! without anyone stationed permanently to sit - carrick would always be given that role!

Now though he has become a pure anchor, who has feet of stone, dull instincts for the quick pass, he no longer plays the one touch pass like he once did consistently, often looks clumsy and slow minded when he has possession anywhere north of 10 yards in the opposition half. Look I am not saying Carrick is not a good or even a very valuable asset to this team. Just that he is an under-performing one(considering his vast experience and ability).

manager's instructions!

Scholes has only gotten worse as the years have gone by, yet he still came off his couch and took control of United's midfield while Carrick happily conceded it to him. After 6 consecutive seasons as an almost guaranteed starter he can't take the reigns from a 40 year old who is diminishing with every game. cry He has refused to step and grab the mantle hence why he is being reduced to carrying water for either Scholes or Giggs as he has done for the last 2-3 seasons and its partly his fault. Its not going to be handed to him, he has to want it, lay his claim for it and if necessary grab it.

don't kid yourself - no one comes before scholes and giggs as long as lord fergus is concerned! even if we buy xavi/iniesta, fergie would make them sit on the bench for scholes/giggs. do you really think the ruthless fergie of 12 yrs ago would allow this nonsense? it's unthinkable but the man is now 70 - what you would call a grandpa - he no longer sees the errors of his fledglings and when he does, there are excuses for it! fergie is the reason carrick can't take the role - there was no reason to bring scholes back last season. buy a tiote and push carrick forward shoulda been the plan!

Robson grabbed it , Keane did, even Scholes grabbed it from Keane and pushed Veron out, so this isn't a matter of having an aggressive style of play. When CR7 left Rooney stood up and said I am here to lead. Vidic who was Rio's vice in defense,was always looking for it, and stood up when Rio had fitness issues. he is now the undisputed leader of the backline whenever he plays even when Rio is on the pitch despite Rio's greater natural talents. Carrick on the other hand is happy to stand back in the anchor role away from responsibility. A A+ student happy to pass with B's because life is easier that way.

carrick was a young gunslinger in the days of robson/keane. he's now 70. with old age comes ridiculous loyalty, blind trust and reluctance to crack the whip on favourite kids! rio/ vidic are not the same breed of centre-halves.......rooney and ronaldo are not similar! before you blame carrick, remember he was the one that took roy keane's shirt and was fantastic for us in 3 straight seasons without the tenacity and the rashness of roy! the fault lies with the manager, not the player! pogba left because of the same rubbish - he knew he should be getting minutes with his ability but week in week out, he's kept on the bench while he watched giggs/scholes stink the whole joint out!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 10:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
coogar:
this is the most intelligent comment you have posted in years!! einstein would be proud of you in his grave the way you have managed to analyse the match in 3 different languages! you must be a genius, ain't you?

No need for all the drivel you wrote right there

HOW MARKET? is the simple question being asked here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:13pm On Sep 29, 2012
chic2pimp:

No need for all the drivel you wrote right there

HOW MARKET? is the simple question being asked here.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 10:21pm On Sep 29, 2012
I guess HOW MARKET?.....YAYA KASUA?......BAWO NI OJA is a difficult question to answer then. Oh well undecided

Waiting for Boyz in the MOTD studio's analysis of Man united's shambolic midfield display at Old Toilet
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 10:27pm On Sep 29, 2012
Fergie is an Old A..s..s!!!

Dude is complaining about the 4 minutes of extra time at the end of the game. How many minutes of Fergie time was the simpleton expecting?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2012
coogar:

we cannot have carrick in scholesy's role until we have fletcher/hargreaves back! without anyone stationed permanently to sit - carrick would always be given that role!

don't kid yourself - no one comes before scholes and giggs as long as lord fergus is concerned! even if we buy xavi/iniesta, fergie would make them sit on the bench for scholes/giggs. do you really think the ruthless fergie of 12 yrs ago would allow this nonsense?

carrick was a young gunslinger in the days of robson/keane. he's now 70. with old age comes ridiculous loyalty, blind trust and reluctance to crack the whip on favourite kids! rio/ vidic are not the same breed of centre-halves.......rooney and ronaldo are not similar! before you blame carrick, remember he was the one that took roy keane's shirt and was fantastic for us in 3 straight seasons without the tenacity and the rashness of roy! the fault lies with the manager, not the player! pogba left because of the same rubbish - he knew he should be getting minutes with his ability but week in week out, he's kept on the bench while he watched giggs/scholes stink the whole joint out!

He plays just a deep as Scholes and Scholes doesn't burst forward so it isn't a case of driving forward. If Carrick steps into Scholes present role we don't need him or anyone to play as a one dimensional Mikel Obi. He and Scholes often played as 2 in middle thru 06-08, with alternating roles. But then he had a dip in form and ran to comfort of "no be my hand it take spoil" position. 09/10 when it was Fletcher and Carrick in the middle most games, do you remember who was in charge then. It was Fletcher. Strange as it seemed he should have been the one in charge. Carrick doesn't want the role and his game has now regressed to the point where I don't think he can do it anymore. At the start of last season when Scholes was gone, was he not relegated to the bench in favor of Cleverley and Ando, why would SAF a stickler for experience drop him for them if not an indictment on his leadership. and when he was resored to the line-up after their injuries did SAF not clearly lay the gauntlet down in front him and openly came out to say Carrick was now the guy to step up and take charge. Then when he wasn't up to it with us struggling so badly for form at the turn of the year, Scholes came off his couch and relegated him back to his water carrier status. That doesn't tell you something. Look Carrick is a 6 season O.T vet, no more excuses.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:19pm On Sep 29, 2012
"Your luck is at the edge of a cliff so don't push it" I think that's what Fergie has been doing for the past season and a half now! What else does Giggs and Scholes have to prove?? Pippo Inzaghi is already coaching Milan's u-15's, Del Piero is playing in Sydney or sumn, Nesta is in the MLS. It can't possibly be about the money as these guys have never been avaricious so what could possibly still be holding them back!! A solid central midfield is what is in vogue in modern football now. Madrid,Bayern,Juve,Barca even Chelsea can now boast of elite level midfield. One has to wonder why Fergie is simply not willing to address this problem
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AjanleKoko: 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2012
You guys need to seriously consider that Bolt proposal.
Looks like it could be a real game changer grin lipsrsealed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:23pm On Sep 29, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.