Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,983 members, 7,873,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:02 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8895405 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (14225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
coogar:

is there any other doubt that cleverson or anderley bring the best out of each other? 100% win record when the 2 players play together!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2012

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 27, 2012
@coogar,
I think it's still too premature to sing the praises of the Ando-Cleverley axis.
A stern test could be this Saturday vs Spurs.
Let's see how they do, irrespective of the result.
Agreed both played very well last night, but you haven't addressed the defensive side of that combination.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:15pm On Sep 27, 2012
StarBoard: @coogar,
I think it's still too premature to sing the praises of the Ando-Cleverley axis.
A stern test could be this Saturday vs Spurs.
Let's see how they do, irrespective of the result.
Agreed both played very well last night, but you haven't addressed the defensive side of that combination.

they have proven themselves against spurs last season - anderson scored in that game and they destroyed spurs! yes - the defensive side of their combination is a worry but with the duo in the team, we would outscore any opposition! the aim is to win 3 points - not necessarily to keep clean sheets!

ando, if fit, is the soul of our midfield!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2012

Nice to see Hernandez is improving his overall/link-up play so far this season. Welbeck also seems to make decisions faster as well. See what competition can do. Lets hope Fletcher is totally and fully recovered to push Carrick and co in midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
montelik:
Nice to see Hernandez is improving his overall/link-up play so far this season. [s]Welbeck also seems to make decisions faster as well[/s]. See what competition can do. Lets hope Fletcher is totally and fully recovered to push Carrick and co in midfield.

Oh, do not get me started!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2012
^^Start if you like. I already know I will never repeatedly knack my head on a stone. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 9:40pm On Sep 27, 2012
montelik:

Nice to see Hernandez is improving his overall/link-up play so far this season. Welbeck also seems to make decisions faster as well. See what competition can do. Lets hope Fletcher is totally and fully recovered to push Carrick and co in midfield.

I nearly split my bald head when Cleverley missed that.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:02am On Sep 28, 2012
coogar:

they have proven themselves against spurs last season - anderson scored in that game and they destroyed spurs! yes - the defensive side of their combination is a worry but with the duo in the team, we would outscore any opposition! the aim is to win 3 points - not necessarily to keep clean sheets!

ando, if fit, is the soul of our midfield!

You forget that the Spurs midfield this season is on paper at least 75% improved from last's.
Dembele (who bossed them earlier this season), Sigurdsson tandem is not going to give them a stroll in the Park.In your characteristic exhuberance, you labelled the duo at par with ( if not better than) the duo of Keane-Scholes.
You forget hat Luka Modric didn't play vs United at OT.
The Anderley/Cleverso duo still faces a Stern examination vs Spurs.Till they are able to impress better opposition than Newcastle in the League Cup,I'm not getting ahead of myself.

montelik:

Which Welbeck?Which decision-making?
Please leave that flag-pole.
We should be more impressed with dudes like Wooton & Keane instead of a fellow with so much Premier League experience who is only improving his "decision-making" after how-many seasons in the top flight.Even at that, he didn't do anything special aside make runs like a wind-beaten flagpole.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:41pm On Sep 28, 2012
StarBoard:

Which Welbeck?Which decision-making?
Please leave that flag-pole

he didn't do anything special aside make runs like a wind-beaten flagpole.

choi shuuu, d guy thief ur caro? hahan, na wah o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
wetn go happen today nw
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:23pm On Sep 29, 2012
^^ Just the usual 3 points at home against Spurs.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2012
montelik: ^^ Just the usual 3 points at home against Spurs.
Don't bet on it.
It's not going to be easy.Spurs were never an easy prospect.
Plus the way our side is right now, I'm not very optimistic about today's tie.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2012
StarBoard:
Don't bet on it.
It's not going to be easy.Spurs were never an easy prospect.
Plus the way our side is right now, I'm not very optimistic about today's tie.

spurs? it's the surest 3 points in the premier league(home or away) but fergie might play scholes, giggs and mike phelan in the midfield! we have enough firepower to beat spurs if the right team is chosen!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2012
Anders,Rafael,Rio,Evans,Evra,Nani,Carrick,Scholes,Giggs,Kagawa,Rvp

undecided

Midfield will get overrun as usual.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 4:51pm On Sep 29, 2012
We are at home, besides we are saving our best legs for the away trip in the UCL midweek. The Glazers have warned baba of the catastrophic consequences of not doing well in the UCL this year.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
and people say ferguson is not an unrepentant sod?
giggs/scholes again in the midfield after the rubbish they played @ anfield last season! i sincerely hope we lose this afternoon! enough is fücking enough! sigurdsson + sandro + dembele vs giggs/scholes/carrick! fasten your seat belts, lads - yet another rápe session @ the theatre of dreams! how can fergie leave cleverson and fletcher on the bench and opt for ryan giggs? i pray spurs batter us 10-0 with cruciate injuries to giggs/scholes/fergie and mike phelan!

rants over!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2012
With that midfield...more of hope than expectation.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:24pm On Sep 29, 2012
I imagine the thread is about to be locked again. Ridiculous.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2012
SAF IS SICK IN THE HEAD.
Giggs is a greedy human being.
As long as this charade persists, i will not care for any loss.
Giggs should respect himself and retire.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2012
Oh boy looking like it will be a very long day for your midfield
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2012
I feel sorry for kagawa. having to play with 2 immobile pensioners and another watter carrier in midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2012
I hate myself for putting up with this garbage everytime. If we are not level by the end of the first half i might as well quit watching our games. . . . Gareth Bale!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
Oh boy double trouble at OLD TOILET.....Bale doubles tottenham's lead
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:04pm On Sep 29, 2012
We will have to get used to these shitty performances for a long while with this useless midfield.
Getting killed every department
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chic2pimp(m): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2012
The Midfield is getting massacred here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:11pm On Sep 29, 2012
that 2nd goal is why we shouldn't be relying on scholes anymore. sandro just went past like he wasn't there. he is useless without possesion, can't tackle, can't press, no strength and slower than a snail.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibime(m): 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2012
Saf is an ignorant old fool. Instead of the guy to fix his midfield as everyone expected, he was busy buying more strikers. Student wey no gree read, na exam go expose am.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2012
I actually feel like shooting Giggs angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2012
I can see changes at half-time, but it won't be either scholes or giggs sacrificed. most likely kagawa for rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 6:25pm On Sep 29, 2012
If Giggs doesnt come off after that horrible show, then I give up on Fergie.
How he even made the starting line up after his lethargic performance at Anfield beats me.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 6:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
SAF has lost it. Everyone in world football can see the midfield is disastrous except saf. Look at the 2nd goal. Bale just ran through the midfield not a single challenge.

If we dont buy 2 top midfielders in January for get it. SAF is done.
Also Kagawa is too lightweight. Not writing him off but he cannot do a single thing in a game like this. Giggs and Kagawa off for Rooney and Anderson and hopefully we dont get disgraced by full time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (14225) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.