Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,714 members, 7,948,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 06:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9141436 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (14362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:29pm On Sep 29, 2012
montelik:

He plays just a deep as Scholes and Scholes doesn't burst forward so it isn't a case of driving forward. If Carrick steps into Scholes present role we don't need him or anyone to play as a one dimensional Mikel But in 09/10 when it was Fletcher and Carrick in the middle most games, do you remember who was in charge then. It was Fletcher. Strange as it seemed he should have been the one in charge. Carrick doesn't want the role and his game has now regressed to the point where I don't think he can do it anymore. At the start of last season when Scholes was gone, was he not relegated to the bench in favor of Cleverley and Ando, why would SAF a stickler for experience drop him for them if not an indictment on his leadership. and when he was resored to the line-up after their injuries did SAF not clearly lay the gauntlet down in front him and openly came out to say Carrick was now the guy to step up and take charge. Then when he wasn't up to it with us struggling so badly for form at the turn of the year, Scholes came off his couch and relegated him back to his water carrier status. That doesn't tell you something. Look Carrick is a 6 season O.T vet, no more excuses.

i really don't get your point.....
what exactly do you want from carrick? in 06/07, it was carrick and scholes patrolling the midfield and the two of them worked a treat - carrick was the dog's bollocks then....then came 07/08, we added anderson and hargreaves to the squad and we often oscillated from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2.

08/09 was when the problem started after hargeaves lost his knee and anderson got himself injured! then we had carrick/fletcher.....fletcher's engine made him a box to box midfielder while carrick dovetailed him....by 09/10, it was clear fergie wanted carrick in a deeper role as his defensive qualities is better than fletcher! fergie clearly values carrick's reading of the game and his positional discipline!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:42pm On Sep 29, 2012
I need to use a baseball bat on Fergie himself b4 I face those pensioners that have refused to retire. angry angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:44pm On Sep 29, 2012
Okay I yield, this discussion will become too lenghty and distracting from more immediate issues if I continue. My point still remains Carrick should be the one forcing United to play to his strengths and dictating the tempo, after all he is one of the undisputed 1st names on the team sheet (not Giggs or Scholes). He should not be carrying water for a diminishing Scholes and if he would just show a little fire maybe SAF would turn to him rather than the diminished role he now seems perfectly contented with. Scholes didn't get handed his position in midfield, it was meant for then club record signing, multi million pound man Veron, who would have relieved Keane, but Scholes demanded it and got it. Even had a minor bust up with SAF during the period. Carrick is player of greater ability than being reduced to Mikel Obi, I wish he would put his hand up, but alas.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:46pm On Sep 29, 2012
You may be good at collecting crosses, but if you can't stop shots, you will leak goals. De Gea for me any day.

I still want Lindegard to get his run of games (at least the first 9-10 EPL games barring injury). He deserves it and can't blame him for any of the goals conceded. But just for does who constantly micro-analyze DDG's every moment and dismiss what he contributes (world class shot stopping) while rating Lindegard better because he kept a few clean sheets against mid to bottom table opposition, he isn't as good as some have built him up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 11:53pm On Sep 29, 2012
@montelik
Bros abeg I go like know which of the Tottenham goals DDG for stop?? All their goals where taken from close range. Not saying Lindegaard is better but let's keep it a 100
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:10am On Sep 30, 2012
montelik:

I still want Lindegard to get his run of games (at least the first 9-10 EPL games barring injury). He deserves it and can't blame him for any of the goals conceded. But just for does who constantly micro-analyze DDG's every moment and dismiss what he contributes (world class shot stopping) while rating Lindegard better because he kept a few clean sheets against mid to bottom table opposition, he isn't as good as some have built him up.

de gea would have caught the 2nd and the 3rd goal!
lindegaard palmed bale's shot into a danger area - de gea always parries them out of touch! the 2nd goal was also soft - bale didn't really place the ball out of lindegaard's reach but the tool still couldn't save it! de gea moves better than lindegaard - the danish is only better @ crosses and corners!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 12:30am On Sep 30, 2012
Let me put this way. I have more confidence DDG gets to at least one of those shots than Lindegard. You could make those plays for goals again and again and I would bet Lindegard doesn't stop any but DDG makes at least one save.

In games where the opposition create chances, ddg is always good for at least 2 or more stops he has no business making. His reflexes, agility, strong hands as well as quick and smart movement of his feet allow him to stop shots most keepers can't even get near. He is undoubtedly a better shot stopper than Lindegard by a country mile and that is not a criticism of Lindegard, DDG is just that good.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 1:46am On Sep 30, 2012
montelik: Let me put this way. I have more confidence DDG gets to at least one of those shots than Lindegard. You could make those plays for goals again and again and I would bet Lindegard doesn't stop any but DDG makes at least one save.
You are blaming the wrong muchacho. Rather than blame the defenders that left him with zero coverage you are blaming Lindegaard for failing to catch well taken strikes. Was DDG not in goal when City hit six?

montelik:
In games where the opposition create chances, ddg is always good for at least 2 or more stops he has no business making. His reflexes, agility, strong hands as well as quick and smart movement of his feet allow him to stop shots most keepers can't even get near. He is undoubtedly a better shot stopper than Lindegard by a country mile and that is not a criticism of Lindegard, DDG is just that good.
Is it the same DDG that was public enemy #1 last season?? 1st goal Vertonghen waltzes into the box with no pressure whatsoever and takes a crack at goal scores! 2nd goal was a typical Gareth Bale goal kinda reminiscent of the hat-trick at San Siro and guess who was in goal Julio Cesar? Or is DDG better than Cesar too? 3rd goal was a point blank shot hit with power. Well saved but your defenders where inert and Dempsey had a free net to tap into. Even Lev Yashin would not have stopped those goals never mind DDG
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 1:50am On Sep 30, 2012
montelik: Let me put this way. I have more confidence DDG gets to at least one of those shots than Lindegard. You could make those plays for goals again and again and I would bet Lindegard doesn't stop any but DDG makes at least one save.

Yall have kept just 1 clean sheet this season!! 1!! Against Wigan of all people. DDG might be better but with a piss poor defence like yours even DDG doesn't have a prayer
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:23am On Sep 30, 2012
D whole coachin crew wit SAF shuld go b4 d old men in d team. Dis xactly wat he was doin wit G.Neville durin CL n Everton equalizin of 3-1 wen SAF introducd Neville n his positn was used 2 equalize. Our problm is SAF since he cnt see d reason 2 address our obvious problm of mid. wich even non-MU fan cn see.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 30, 2012
chic2pimp: Fergie is an Old A..s..s!!!

Dude is complaining about the 4 minutes of extra time at the end of the game. How many minutes of Fergie time was the simpleton expecting?
Just saw it on BBC myself, i must admit the man has lost it,didn't we play 90min of regular time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by purplekayc(m): 11:33am On Sep 30, 2012
Yeah you will surely get your trophy back withthe way you guys played in your last two ;Dgames grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2012
Fertile just using the usual diversion tactics with his added time comments.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2012
Also, our movement is almost non-existent. Surely that is just unprofessional. Until Rooney came on, our team was like real-life subbuteo ffs! They could pass the ball around but everyone just stood there waiting for a return pass.

The funniest rant I heard yesterday. LOL. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2012

de gea is the better goalkeeper - superior to lindegaard in handling, shot stopping, reflexes and distribution. the only department lindegaard can be said to be better is at claiming crosses under pressure and that is even marginal! de gea makes world class saves, lindegaard is just an ordinary goalie - how many world class saves has he since he joined man utd?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW3X4JPm-yc

which further explains why fergie has lost his tactical nous - tottenham will never play like stoke, liverpool or everton by lumping it into the box and pressure de gea! lindegaard should have been on the bench cos there was no aerial threat in tottenham! defoe, lennon, bale and dempsey are not giants and love to play their football on the ground!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AjanleKoko: 9:39pm On Sep 30, 2012
I see the thread title has changed again.
Trophy not looking likely anymore, eh? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 30, 2012
AjanleKoko: I see the thread title has changed again.
Trophy not looking likely anymore, eh? grin
Trophy for where? Not with this our current form... Thread title may changed if performance improves
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:57am On Oct 01, 2012
ogbeche77:
Trophy for where? Not with this our current form... Thread title may changed if performance improves
i stil dy think about dt match. Walahi,SAF needs kondo! tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Brisingr(m): 3:40am On Oct 01, 2012
change back the title of this thread we are still getting back our heirloom.On the bright side i hope this loss is big enough to stop us for talking about nani.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:54am On Oct 01, 2012
Anyone know the situation regarding Valencia. Didn't hear explanation for his absence last weekend.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 01, 2012
When I read a tweet yesterday saying Fergie was complaining about the lack of time added on at the end of their game, I thought it was a joke. I mean, I just thought ‘he wouldn’t go down that road again would he?’ Well apparently he would. embarassed

We all know he’s pressured the refs for years, it’s common knowledge isn’t it? Occasionally he’s overstepped the mark with it, questioning not only their fitness levels but also their competency to ref ‘his’ games but aside from the odd personal attack over the years, the idea of ‘Fergie time’ has usually amused us.

Even before the end of Saturday’s game, with United trailing 3-2 at home to Spurs, the question of how much time would be added on was being asked. Twitter was full of it, from suggesting Fergie had lent the ref his watch, to rumours MOTD had been put back an hour to accommodate injury time, we all had a good laugh about it – because that’s what it’s become right? A bit of a joke.

The problem is though, as funny as it is – and there’s no doubt about it, we’ve all laughed at it – the pressure he puts on refs (and the effect it has) is no joke. Whilst other manager’s daren’t say a word (like AVB before yesterday’s game) and even if they do, they’re called out on it (like Mancini last season, with Fergie complaining “Mancini was badgering the ref and the fourth official all game. He was complaining about refs all week”), Sir Alex Ferguson seems to almost see pressurising officials as part of his job now. And not only does he get away with it but he will inevitably benefit from it.

No, I’m not saying they get all the decisions – I wouldn’t dare because I’d only end up with a load of stats thrown at me to disprove that particular argument – but what I’m saying is we’ll end up with there being some unwritten law between the officials whereby they’ll end up playing ‘next United goal wins’ at the end of every game and MOTD being put back to accommodate ‘Fergie time’ might not be quite as much of a joke as it was on Saturday.

Unless of course, the FA call time on his nonsense so officials can get back to doing the job without his guidance – although that’ll never happen.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:54am On Oct 01, 2012
montelik: Anyone know the situation regarding Valencia. Didn't hear explanation for his absence last weekend.

Fergie said he should be ready for tomorrow at the press conference on Thursday
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 1:19pm On Oct 01, 2012
Fergie has totally lost the plot.
Mikael Silvestre training with us. I hope he is not looking to sign him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 1:36pm On Oct 01, 2012
chamotex: Fergie has totally lost the plot.

At this rate, Roy Keane and Peter Schmeichel could be resigned.
Pathetic. . . . old age is a disease
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:55pm On Oct 01, 2012

for fück's sake......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2012

I thought he was training with Arsenal?

Wenger has subtly shifted the agent back to its owner. cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 3:15pm On Oct 01, 2012
debosky:

I thought he was training with Arsenal?

Wenger has subtly shifted the agent back to its owner. cheesy

He trained with the squad this morning before they flew to Romania

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1590118_mikael-silvestre-trains-with-manchester-united
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2012
chamotex:

He trained with the squad this mornng before they flew to Romania

[img]http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/447.$plit/C_71_article_1590118_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg?01%2F10%2F2012%2010%3A23%3A37%3A796[/img]

he's probably just training - we didn't register him for uefa champions league and i doubt he was included in the 25-man squad of the premier league! silvestre is looking for a new club in nigeria - so he's using our facilities to get up to speed! if i see him in a red shirt, I am driving off the tower bridge!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 3:21pm On Oct 01, 2012
coogar:

he's probably just training - we didn't register him for uefa champions league and i doubt he was included in the 25-man squad of the premier league! silvestre is looking for a new club in nigeria - so he's using our facilities to get up to speed! if i see him in a red shirt, I am driving off the tower bridge!

I don't trust Fergie...that's what he'll say until another defender gets injured and he'll be like "We had no choice but to sign him"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:09pm On Oct 01, 2012
Lol about Sylvester! Who? A 12-inch nail will be driven into his head if found in a red shirt by fans @ OT. ON THE BRIGHTER SIDE, Fergie has left Carrick, Scholes, Giggs behind for the Champs League trip. Maybe he has gotten his fair shot of hairdryer himself? Then next league game will provide the answer. We may see a diamond formation with midfield of Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverley & Kagawa just behind Rooney & van Persie. I for one will look forward to this set-up
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:18pm On Oct 01, 2012
SailorXY: Lol about Sylvester! Who? A 12-inch nail will be driven into his head if found in a red shirt by fans @ OT. ON THE BRIGHTER SIDE, Fergie has left Carrick, Scholes, Giggs behind for the Champs League trip. Maybe he has gotten his fair shot of hairdryer himself? Then next league game will provide the answer. We may see a diamond formation with midfield of Fletcher, Anderson, Cleverley & Kagawa just behind Rooney & van Persie. I for one will look forward to this set-up

our best midfield combinations are:

anderson + fletcher + carrick in a 4-3-3!
anderson + cleverley in a 4-4-2/4-2-3-1!

united have won all their games when these formations/personnel were drafted!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2012
scholes and giggs can barely play twice a week, much less twice in 4 days. no way were they playing tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) ... (14362) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.