Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,750 members, 7,905,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:12 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12213) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8997267 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12210) (12211) (12212) (12213) (12214) (12215) (12216) ... (14274) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 7:52am On Aug 23, 2022
nitrogen:

No mind the guy. When Ronaldo boys come for his head na, he go say dem dey too aggressive.

Make I go back to my beer jare. We don’t know when next Utd go make person happy.
Abi oo grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 7:57am On Aug 23, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Rashford and Martial are not good enough, United cannot rely on both this season. Ten Hag should get better players in, Ronaldo would have done better than Rashford as an attacker in the first half.

So true sir!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2022
Mrviktor:

Fred killed more..

Big Mac was Impressive make we no lie..

He can partner casemiero when erikson is tired

He looses the ball less times Dan fred
McTom is not Manchester United standard...Fred is better...I am not going to argue further with you if you think otherwise though. I used to fall for his agidi but I decided to watch him closely and I saw he was a fraud. How will a DM shy away from receiving a pass from his CBs?

How will a player start for United but can't start for Scotland?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2022
kozmicity:

If ETH said so himself... Who are we?
What do you expect a coach to say on screen?

The fact is, we've seen Mctominay on good days; rating say 6/10...yesterday he was 3.5/10!
before yesterday he was 1/10.

Are you going to also say because Rashford scored yesterday and had, say 10 secs of brilliance in the 2nd half that he did well?
We know what he can do. We've seen his good days.

Meanwhile, these are my opinions though,...let's just laugh over the issue. grin cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 8:12am On Aug 23, 2022
main24:

What do you expect a coach to say on screen?

The fact is, we've seen Mctominay on good days; rating say 6/10...yesterday he was 3.5/10!
before yesterday he was 1/10.

Are you going to also say because Rashford scored yesterday and had, say 10 secs of brilliance in the 2nd half that he did well?
We know what he can do. We've seen his good days.

Meanwhile, these are my opinions though,...let's just laugh over the issue. grin cheesy

No wahala... My own is that if you don't appreciate the little efforts they make when it is made, how dyu expect them to do better. Knowing that when you do well, you get a howler from the fans will surely motivate you to do well. Better than insults I might say.

Take Rashford now, with this goal, if he keeps doing what he did yesterday for 5 matches and he feels appreciated, by mid season 18/19 Rashford will be fully back. These small acknowledgements go a long way.

That's not to say we should lower the bar oo grin we cheer and encourage to do better

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 8:12am On Aug 23, 2022
main24:

So true sir!
The same Ronaldo with lack of effort when we needed pressing and closing down in the last 10 minutes or which one

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:12am On Aug 23, 2022
Mrviktor:
� Erik ten Hag: "Tactically, you see where you can have weapons in the game. You see we have speed then Fernandes and Eriksen have a pass. Scott McTominay had a magnificent game." [Sky Sports]
afrodoc2 do you agree with the bolded grin...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 8:14am On Aug 23, 2022
TrebleChamp:
afrodoc2 do you agree with the bolded grin...

He'll say no... But coach talk am so e no matter grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:15am On Aug 23, 2022
main24:
Anybody praising Mctominay using yesterday's game as yardstick should stop watching football period!
Ten Hag said he had a fantastic game, so what does this say about our Manager
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by jerk: 8:16am On Aug 23, 2022
Maguire was the man of the match for me.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:17am On Aug 23, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Rashford and Martial are not good enough, United cannot rely on both this season. Ten Hag should get better players in, Ronaldo would have done better than Rashford as an attacker in the first half.
What wrong has Martial done again? When EtH came we said al the players have another chance to prove themselves and thus far, Martial has shown he is one of the players who will do well so, on what basis are you saying he is not good enough?

Maguire and Shaw have been given chances and flopped, Rashford too was on his last ropes before yesterday's 2nd half resurgence. Let's judge the players from what they do now especially as we have a coach who favors attack...

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:18am On Aug 23, 2022
larride:

Remove that last one.
You get time for Nani grin, we are grateful he has not added #KilltheBasterd to this anthem grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 8:21am On Aug 23, 2022
Bombblacks:

The same Ronaldo with lack of effort when we needed pressing and closing down in the last 10 minutes or which one

dude if you are here to compare Ronaldo and Rashford + martial combined performance stats I really have nothing to say. You win!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:21am On Aug 23, 2022
kozmicity:

If ETH said so himself... Who are we?
He didn't say anything bad about Maguire and Shaw before dropping them...Casemiro will have McTominay on the bench in our next game, you just watch...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:22am On Aug 23, 2022
patrickmuf:
McTom is not Manchester United standard...Fred is better...I am not going to argue further with you if you think otherwise though. I used to fall for his agidi but I decided to watch him closely and I saw he was a fraud. How will a DM shy away from receiving a pass from his CBs?

How will a player start for United but can't start for Scotland?

He's a fraud, but better than Fred in the DM position.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 8:25am On Aug 23, 2022
melodyogonna:

I have a thing for maligned people, I dey always feel like their mental health will take a hit if they're not defended cheesy cheesy

No wonder you love VDB and OLE
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 8:26am On Aug 23, 2022
patrickmuf:
What wrong has Martial done again? When EtH came we said al the players have another chance to prove themselves and thus far, Martial has shown he is one of the players who will do well so, on what basis are you saying he is not good enough?

Maguire and Shaw have been given chances and flopped, Rashford too was on his last ropes before yesterday's 2nd half resurgence. Let's judge the players from what they do now especially as we have a coach who favors attack...
Martial cannot be relied upon to score 20 plus goals a season, United need a better player in his position..

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 8:28am On Aug 23, 2022
main24:

dude if you are here to compare Ronaldo and Rashford + martial combined performance stats I really have nothing to say. You win!
Where did you see performance stats in my post? I asked a simple question. Is it the same Ronaldo who wasn't bothered to run and press with just 10mins to go that would have performed better than rashford or another one?

8 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:29am On Aug 23, 2022
Expert17:

He's a fraud, but better than Fred in the DM position.
The only problem is that Fred is not the standard so, he can be 100 times better than Fred but still he isn't good enough. I can't believe I once fell for his agidi football...

McTom and Lingard are proper frauds, they'll play rubbish for the entirety of a game but you will hardly notice because you'd see them everywhere on the pitch pretending to be doing something but in reality, they're doing nothing...When they play a nice pass or have a good shot, they'd put on an expression that gets you because they know the camera will be on them...I have studied those guys well...

12 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:35am On Aug 23, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Martial cannot be relied upon to score 20 plus goals a season, United need a better player in his position..
Well, Martial has shown from the pre season that he is ready to fight for his place in the team and that's good. Yesterday, he came in and held the ball so well with strength and some very good close control...If your point is that we need more bodies in attack, I'd say yes but at the moment, Martial will give most players in the market a good run for their money...

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 8:37am On Aug 23, 2022
Bombblacks:

Where did you see performance stats in my post? I asked a simple question. Is it the same Ronaldo who wasn't bothered to run and press with just 10mins to go that would have performed better than rashford or another one?

If you are here to compare Ronaldo and Rashford given same play time who would perform better,...you win!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 8:38am On Aug 23, 2022
izzou:
Dalot, trying to mark Diaz all through the game

Izzou, good morning Sah!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by main24(m): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Ten Hag said he had a fantastic game, so what does this say about our Manager

Hahahaha, it's just on screen talk na
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:45am On Aug 23, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Its not like we're expecting to contest for any major trophy this season. With what we have and maybe two new additions (if lucky), we should do just okay. We can improve on that next season with another set of new additions, or the youngsters may have come of age if well managed.

I'm not excited to see either Ronaldo or Rashford in the starting line up. We need attackers to press and not stop running. When we win the balls deep in the opposition half, we have more chances of scoring goals

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 8:47am On Aug 23, 2022
patrickmuf:
The only problem is that Fred is not the standard so, he can be 100 times better than Fred but still he isn't good enough. I can't believe I once fell for his agidi football...

McTom and Lingard are proper frauds, they'll play rubbish for the entirety of a game but you will hardly notice because you'd see them everywhere on the pitch pretending to be doing something but in reality, they're doing nothing...When they play a nice pass or have a good shot, they'd put on an expression that gets you because they know the camera will be on them... I have studied those guys well...

grin cheesy grin grin. Smart frauds
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Bombblacks: 8:49am On Aug 23, 2022
kozmicity:

This supports your opinion
This sprint and distance stats doesn't really mean much. The team with more possession will always have the low sprints and distance covered. Liverpool had 70 percent of the ball so of course they will run less than us. Just like when we had 70 percent possession against Brentford and they ran more.

5 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Dexyity(m): 8:49am On Aug 23, 2022

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by izzou(m): 8:52am On Aug 23, 2022
patrickmuf:
Izzou, good morning Sah!

Patrick, I'm recovering emotionally right now

This is not the time for this

Please angry

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 8:53am On Aug 23, 2022
If we're looking to build from back, dominate games, and not be caught on counters, McTom should not be on the field. If we intend to sit back and catch teams on counter, then maybe he can do okay

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 8:58am On Aug 23, 2022
BARAJ92:
The 2 games will had over 65% posession we lost.

That is irrelevant. 30 percent possession is not a recipe for sustainable wins. It is similar to some of the wins we had during Ole’s honeymoon period.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 9:07am On Aug 23, 2022
eph12:
If we're looking to build from back, dominate games, and not be caught on counters, McTom should not be on the field. If we intend to sit back and catch teams on counter, then maybe he can do okay
Talk another thing. Liverpool had 70% ball possession with a midfield of Henderson, Milner and Elliot. Am sure a midfield of Mctominay, Eriksen and Fraudnandes should be doing better. Eth reluctance to drop Pernandes and play Eriksen in his normal position will not end well. The idiot almost cost us two goals.

10 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 9:12am On Aug 23, 2022
izzou:

Patrick, I'm recovering emotionally right now

This is not the time for this

Please angry
tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (12210) (12211) (12212) (12213) (12214) (12215) (12216) ... (14274) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.