Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,750 members, 7,905,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 06:12 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8997273 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12212) (12213) (12214) (12215) (12216) (12217) (12218) ... (14274) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 10:17am On Aug 23, 2022
Bruno goals and assists has dried up and his ball possession is better than before.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 10:20am On Aug 23, 2022
We need to build on this otherwise it changes nothing in the grand scheme of things.

People should not be too gassed over one game.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kozmicity: 10:21am On Aug 23, 2022
engrelvis:
U dnt need afrodoc2 consent to know he did well.He will[b]might[/b]leven get better

He'll have Casemiro to learn from if he's willing to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:32am On Aug 23, 2022
Trevor012:

What is this nigga saying lol. United was dominated with a midfield of Milner, Henderson and small Elliott accumulating 70% possession against Mctominay, Eriksen and Fraudnandes. Tell me who had the better midfield and who should be dominating the game. Which of Liverpool midfield option would you take? Nothing like normal normal nonsense. Liverpool will never have 30% possession even when leading. If Liverpool can dominate possession with those 3 in midfield then that clueless clown talking about how Mctominay can not be used to dominate matches is just deluded.
It's how you think having the most possession is down to the midfield alone.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Trevor012(m): 10:36am On Aug 23, 2022
SideshowBob:
Maguire and Shaw should stay on the bench forever.
The way some of you are acting like Maguire, Lindelof, Shaw and Awb has not put in better performances against Manchester city and other top teams than what we saw yesterday against a Liverpool team missing key players is hilarious. Even Ole ball won't have 30% possession at home to any team.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 10:41am On Aug 23, 2022
Ole ball will rather lose 5-0 than have 30% possession against LFC at home and win cry

May we never experience such misery again

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ouzo1(m): 10:50am On Aug 23, 2022
eph12:
Ole ball will rather lose 5-0 than have 30% possession against LFC at home and win cry

May we never experience such misery again

My Broda forward ever,backward never.

13 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2022
ouzo1:

My Broda forward ever,backward never.
Amin!

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 11:11am On Aug 23, 2022
afrodoc2:

We need to build on this otherwise it changes nothing in the grand scheme of things.

People should not be too gassed over one game.
Erik ten Hag: "Of course we are happy, I know the rivalry against Liverpool, don't just bring it against Liverpool, bring this organisation and intensity in every game." #mulive [sky]

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 11:15am On Aug 23, 2022
Ellexy:
Erik ten Hag: "Of course we are happy, I know the rivalry against Liverpool, don't just bring it against Liverpool, bring this organisation and intensity in every game." #mulive [sky]

Exactly. We have seen this movie before.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:37am On Aug 23, 2022
Bombblacks:

This sprint and distance stats doesn't really mean much. The team with more possession will always have the low sprints and distance covered. Liverpool had 70 percent of the ball so of course they will run less than us. Just like when we had 70 percent possession against Brentford and they ran more.

This makes sense. I believe if we are high up on the pitch and we dominate play, we won’t need to sprint a lot or cover distances. Also, it would be easier to press from the front with less effort. I believe that’s where ETH wants to get to.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 11:41am On Aug 23, 2022
afrodoc2:

That is irrelevant. 30 percent possession is not a recipe for sustainable wins. It is similar to some of the wins we had during Ole’s honeymoon period.

30 percent possession against at least 10 EPL teams is like Oleball or even Mouball. It won’t end well.

The team was pragmatic yesterday. I am okay if we play like this against the big boys. We just need to find a way to create and take chances when we dominate possession against others.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 11:44am On Aug 23, 2022
nitrogen:

This makes sense. I believe if we are high up on the pitch and we dominate play, we won’t need to sprint a lot or cover distances. Also, it would be easier to press from the front with less effort. I believe that’s where ETH wants to get to.
That's what City thought until when they realized the game was slipping away against Newcastle. The intensity increased in the second half. We will have to increase ours until we can absolutely control the game and get clinical with our chances.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2022
nitrogen:

30 percent possession against at least 10 EPL teams is like Oleball or even Mouball. It won’t end well.

The team was pragmatic yesterday. I am okay if we play like this against the big boys. We just need to find a way to create and take chances when we dominate possession against others.

Exactly. This is not a blueprint for long term success cos the lower ranked teams won’t play the same way. Against top teams we can cede possession for now until we master this possession style but we should not deceive ourselves to think we have found one secret formula to accumulate points.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Englishisamust: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2022
cool

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by LMDyaya(m): 12:13pm On Aug 23, 2022
grin

Yesterday’s win had me reminiscing ole’s tenure.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 12:23pm On Aug 23, 2022
patrickmuf:
McTom is not Manchester United standard...Fred is better...I am not going to argue further with you if you think otherwise though. I used to fall for his agidi but I decided to watch him closely and I saw he was a fraud. How will a DM shy away from receiving a pass from his CBs?

How will a player start for United but can't start for Scotland?

He is better up the pitch.. That's what I can say his best quality is.

He knows where the goal is
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2022
Expert17:
Bruno goals and assists has dried up and his ball possession is better than before.

Blame elanga for not giving him his first assist of the season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Mrviktor(m): 12:25pm On Aug 23, 2022
Imagine this went in..

grin grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 12:28pm On Aug 23, 2022
Mrviktor:
Imagine this went in..

grin grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin

Omo, Bruno for chop better lashing from Utd fans yesterday o.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:33pm On Aug 23, 2022
Lana1:
Lol. This same McTominay?
He will play rubbish. You disappear.
He plays well, you start asking for people to admit he had an above average game.

Will never understand United fans and this blind loyalty for mediocre footballers.
Lol football is more a sentimental game than logical chief.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
eph12:

Its not like we're expecting to contest for any major trophy this season. With what we have and maybe two new additions (if lucky), we should do just okay. We can improve on that next season with another set of new additions, or the youngsters may have come of age if well managed.
What are you talking about? Unless the Europa is not a major trophy cos I fully expect us to compete for it. Even Ole lost it by a hair's margin and ETH is better, and is reinforcing the midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
grin

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2022
cool

Look at VVD cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2022
patrickmuf:
Well, Martial has shown from the pre season that he is ready to fight for his place in the team and that's good. Yesterday, he came in and held the ball so well with strength and some very good close control...If your point is that we need more bodies in attack, I'd say yes but at the moment, Martial will give most players in the market a good run for their money...

What Martial did to assist the second goal, this current Cristiano Ronaldo will never do it. He losses those types of balls every match day.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 12:44pm On Aug 23, 2022
maik99:

Mctominay impressive?..well his ceiling is really low
Mctominay that could not square a simple pass on the attack.
We almost dropped points yesterday despite all those openings we had to improve goal difference
Maybe you weren't really watching him? Some people notice more players than others. McTominay didn't do bad yesterday imo, no be matter of low quality. Relatively speaking he performed well and brought a lot of energy to the game, he was everywhere chasing balls down ... Which is the metric is use to rate him cos it has become obvious to me that's really the only talent he has. Few years ago I thought he was going to develop his long pass game but unfortunately he didn't.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ellexy: 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2022
afrodoc2:

Exactly. We have seen this movie before.
Omo the kind shege this team has shown people eh, nobody is even optimistic again.

Any time United wins this type of games instead of the fans to see and have hope going forward, they'll rather be having PTSD of Oleball and the likes.

You'll should heal grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2022
Ellexy:
Omo the kind shege this team has people eh, nobody is even optimistic again.

Any time United wins this type of games instead of the fans to see and have hope going forward, they'll rather be having PTSD of Oleball and the likes.

You'll should heal grin

We have seen this movie before. Call me when they win their next 3 league games. 12 points from 18 is not bad.
Until then you can keep on hoping.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2022
nitrogen:

Omo, Bruno for chop better lashing from Utd fans yesterday o.

Bruno sometimes gets rush of blood and in very bad areas. This is not his first crazy clearance. I remember the assist he gave on the last day of last season. Great assist but it was to the opponents.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Searchingvictor: 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2022
afrodoc2:

We have seen this movie before. Call me when they win their next 3 league games. 12 points from 18 is not bad.
Until then you can keep on hoping.

3 small, it should be 6

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
melodyogonna:

What are you talking about? Unless the Europa is not a major trophy cos I fully expect us to compete for it. Even Ole lost it by a hair's margin and ETH is better, and is reinforcing the midfield.
I wouldn't be thinking europa when talking about major trophies.

Ole was lucky to even get there. His luck ran out and he was found out
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Lana1(m): 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
melodyogonna:

Lol football is more a sentimental game than logical chief.
Not when the same set of players have been useless for 6+ years. At some point, logic will have to kick in

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12212) (12213) (12214) (12215) (12216) (12217) (12218) ... (14274) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.