Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,144 members, 7,970,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 10:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9221717 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12213) (12214) (12215) (12216) (12217) (12218) (12219) ... (14414) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by melodyogonna(m): 1:27pm On Aug 23, 2022
eph12:

I wouldn't be thinking europa when talking about major trophies.

Ole was lucky to even get there. His luck ran out and he was found out
Oh.

The part about Ole being lucky no hold any water sha, got to two semi finals.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2022
Leyqute:

What Martial did to assist the second goal, this current Cristiano Ronaldo will never do it. He losses those types of balls every match day.

Not taking anything from CR7, the holdup and the pass deleted three defenders. I have to watch that clip again and again. Mhen... ETH fancy Martial, Rashford and Sancho for that front three.

Although, CR7 is not bothered in as much as the team is winning. I saw the way he jubilated yesterday for the first goal. But what Martial did ehn, CR7 would want to add self - fishiness to his.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by eph12(m): 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2022
melodyogonna:

Oh.

The part about Ole being lucky no hold any water sha, got to two semi finals.
Against farmers?

Just the same way people say he finished second at some point. That's laughable
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 2:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
adebayo201:

Not taking anything from CR7, the holdup and the pass deleted three defenders. I have to watch that clip again and again. Mhen... ETH fancy Martial, Rashford and Sancho for that front three.

Although, CR7 is not bothered in as much as the team is winning. I saw the way he jubilated yesterday for the first goal. But what Martial did ehn, CR7 would want to add self - fishiness to his.

Ronaldo would have gone to the ground, of course, he is 38 years, so it’s quite understandable. But the pass to Rashford, Ronaldo would have done it conveniently and even quicker. I though Martial was a bit slow with the pass.

9 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
Leyqute:

What Martial did to assist the second goal, this current Cristiano Ronaldo will never do it. He losses those types of balls every match day.
I wouldn't mind Martial playing the Firmino role is we have two very clinical wing forwards beside him...I thought he dropped deep to good effect yesterday...

Long may it continue...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2022
We want mobility and agility in the back four.

its like ETH has been listening to me.

This was his response to Varane playing ahead of Maguire.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 2:46pm On Aug 23, 2022
main24:
Anybody praising Mctominay using yesterday's game as yardstick should stop watching football period!

McTominay played extremely well yesterday.

We bash these players when they don’t perform very well but when they do, you still want to deny them their credits? I couldn’t ask for more from Scott. He competed really well.

He made two vertical passes United should have scored from. He had 100% tackle success, 100% clearances, 100% take-one and he made 7 ball recoveries.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by milann: 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2022
patrickmuf:
I wouldn't mind Martial playing the Firmino role is we have two very clinical wing forwards beside him...I thought he dropped deep to good effect yesterday...

Long may it continue...
let me clear sth. Is martial a striker?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by patrickmuf(m): 2:50pm On Aug 23, 2022
milann:
let me clear sth. Is martial a striker?
You are the one that wants to clear something, go ahead...

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by milann: 2:51pm On Aug 23, 2022
nitrogen:

Ronaldo would have gone to the ground, of course, he is 38 years, so it’s quite understandable. But the pass to Rashford, Ronaldo would have done it conveniently and even faster. I though Martial was a bit slow with the pass.
what next for Ronaldo now?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by milann: 2:53pm On Aug 23, 2022
afrodoc2:

We have seen this movie before. Call me when they win their next 3 league games. 12 points from 18 is not bad.
Until then you can keep on hoping.
you are not a good fan
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 2:57pm On Aug 23, 2022
milann:
you are not a good fan

I agree. I am a fake fan and you are true fan.

4 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:04pm On Aug 23, 2022
Man United Fans FPL Stands after Gamweek 3

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2022
milann:
what next for Ronaldo now?

Shuuuu. Am I Ronaldo or his agent? They know what to do, and he knows when he needs to move on to a league that is not as competitive as the EPL e.g. Bayernliga and PSGliga.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by milann: 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
That first goal from Sancho, if it were to be an ambidextrous player, he would have buried it with his left foot instead of bringing it back onto his preferred right. He was lucky the Liverpool defenders were not quick to react to block the goal. Who's with me?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
nitrogen:

Ronaldo would have gone to the ground, of course, he is 38 years, so it’s quite understandable. But the pass to Rashford, Ronaldo would have done it conveniently and even faster. I though Martial was a bit slow with the pass.

If we started Ronaldo yesterday, he would have scored a hat-trick. Rashford was hopeless until the goal. I didn’t see him press anyone and he was put through on goal and couldn’t get past Van Dijk twice.

The Elanga chance was another incident Ronaldo would have scored with his two eyes closed. Liverpool took too many risks yesterday with their high line that United didn’t punish them for.

Even the Rashford goal was a bit fortuitous. Last year, that move would have been adjudged offside but Liverpool asked for tolerance level(which was added to VAR offside) last year summer.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
H2H League Results

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by milann: 3:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
nitrogen:

Shuuuu. Am I Ronaldo or his agent? They know what to do, and he knows when he needs to move on to a league that is not as competitive as the EPL e.g. Bayernliga and PSGliga.
you mean a league that's contested between Liverpool and mancity is competitive?

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nelxxy(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2022
Frankie de jong teasing utd fans on Instagram cool

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by nitrogen(m): 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2022
milann:
you mean a league that's contested between Liverpool and mancity is competitive?

Lol, tell us how many EPL winners in the last 10 years, then compare to Bayernliga’s and PSGliga’s. I want to check something.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
afrodoc2:

They are both mediocre. Talking about McFred.

Even at their absolute best they are squad players at best for title contenders. There is more to being a midfielder than being a passion merchant.

Fred should never play CDM as he is a calamity waiting to occur. McTominay gives me Apollo wherever he plays but he is safer than Fred at CDM.
Ten Hag said he had a fantastic game, na why i ask for your opinion. It seem managers loves to play McTom based on his good nature/passion/commitment rather than his football talent. Dude is so bad as a midfielder, but keeps getting picked. We see how it goes now that Casemiro is here

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
Leyqute:

Not taking away from Martial but there's nothing special about that assist. It was even late.

Ronaldo would conveniently give that. He would even put Rashford in a very comfortable position.

Go and watch all Ronaldo's assists since he came back especially the one he gave Cavani against Tottenham last season.

6 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Karleb(m): 4:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
milann:
That first goal from Sancho, if it were to be an ambidextrous player, he would have buried it with his left foot instead of bringing it back onto his preferred right. He was lucky the Liverpool defenders were not quick to react to block the goal. Who's with me?

Watch the goal again.

The goal was perfectly executed. There was no way they were going to recover from that dribble. Allison had already dived to the other side only to rise and dive again. Even VVD directly in front of his was there posing. Poor Milner.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2022
Karleb:

Watch the goal again.

The goal was perfectly executed. There was no way they were going to recover from that dribble. Allison had already dived to the other side only to rise and dive again. Even VVD directly in front of his was there posing. Poor Milner.

Van Dijk is being unfairly criticized.

The entire Liverpool structure had fallen apart when Trent allowed Elanga to run behind and put the cross.

VVD was literally caught between standing his ground to block the shot or charging towards Sancho.

He didn’t know Alisson had dived behind him and if he had charged at Sancho, Sancho would have passed to Bruno to tap into the empty net.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc2: 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2022
TrebleChamp:
Ten Hag said he had a fantastic game, na why i ask for your opinion. It seem managers loves to play McTom based on his good nature/passion/commitment rather than his football talent. Dude is so bad as a midfielder, but keeps getting picked. We see how it goes now that Casemiro is here

He had a good game yesterday especially defensively but if we are to move forward as a club we can’t keep players around just because they had a good game here or there.

What do you want me to do with the 10 awful games he had before yesterday? Or did we get 6 points yesterday or is it not the same 3 points like previous games?

McFred are mediocre and are squad players at best. A defensive master class by the whole team in one match will not change that fact. We should be looking at the overall trend rather than single game performances cos if we are to go buy who has had a good game before we won’t offload any of these players.

7 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by TrebleChamp(m): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
engrelvis:
U dnt need afrodoc2 consent to he did well.He will even get better
I was surprise Ten Hag said he had a fantastic game, he did ok sha as DM but fantastic off me...

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2022
Oasis007:
Man United Fans FPL Stands after Gamweek 3
Lmao patrickmuf. Afi analysis Oshi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 4:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
Illimitable:

The entire Liverpool structure had fallen apart when Trent allowed Elanga to run behind and put the cross.

VVD was literally caught between standing his ground to block the shot or charging towards Sancho.

He didn’t know Alisson had dived behind him and if he had charged at Sancho, Sancho would have passed to Bruno to tap into the empty net.

VVD is being rightly criticised because he doesnt like to engage the attacker. He needed to step forward to Sancho there to block the shot or atleast narrow the angle. But that is his style, he's a very passive defender because he plays in an era where you dont usually face a dominant number 9. He's still a great player and a great defender but he's definitely been exposed for his style.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ChristoBam: 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2022
Illimitable:

If we started Ronaldo yesterday, he would have scored a hat-trick. Rashford was hopeless until the goal. I didn’t see him press anyone and he was put through on goal and couldn’t get past Van Dijk twice.

The Elanga chance was another incident Ronaldo would have scored with his two eyes closed. Liverpool took too many risks yesterday with their high line that United didn’t punish them for.

Even the Rashford goal was a bit fortuitous. Last year, that move would have been adjudged offside but Liverpool asked for tolerance level(which was added to VAR offside) last year summer.

Bet you wished the goal was offside. God saved Ten Hag's ass yesterday. But he was ready to risk the dragging just to play that way he wants. Even the biggest Ronaldo fans know that game wasn't for Ronaldo. Except na delusion.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Ibunkun1(m): 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2022
eph12:

Against farmers?

Just the same way people say he finished second at some point. That's laughable

Did he not? grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Expert17: 4:48pm On Aug 23, 2022
Illimitable:

Nope, he should have engaged Sancho or stay at the blue spot below.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Illimitable: 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2022
MRTA7:

VVD is being rightly criticised because he doesnt like to engage the attacker. He needed to step forward to Sancho there to block the shot or atleast narrow the angle. But that is his style, he's a very passive defender because he plays in an era where you dont usually face a dominant number 9. He's still a great player and a great defender but he's definitely been exposed for his style.

Did you see the gap between VVD and Sancho? What is he going to engage? That Sancho chop murdered Liverpool’s defence structure. Even the ever reliable Alisson dived without seeing a shot taken.

Whatever decision VVD took, Liverpool would still have conceded. Bruno was well positioned to receive and score and Sancho was also in a great position to score. This idea of blaming one individual for a goal caused by a system breakdown is unfair.

ChristoBam:

Bet you wished the goal was offside. God saved Ten Hag's ass yesterday. But he was ready to risk the dragging just to play that way he wants. Even the biggest Ronaldo fans know that game wasn't for Ronaldo. Except na delusion.

That game was the exact type of game for Ronaldo. Rashford did nothing. He hardly pressed, he hardly tracked back and he missed good chances in the first half after being put through. I didn’t see anything special from the front 3 that Ronaldo couldn’t have done or more.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12213) (12214) (12215) (12216) (12217) (12218) (12219) ... (14414) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: fox97(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.