Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,496 members, 7,961,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9180709 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (14388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:06pm On May 09, 2013
Rio Ferdinand and Michael Carrick have welcomed the appointment of David Moyes at Old Trafford and paid tribute to his success at Everton.

Rio said: "It was important the club made a decision quickly and got it all sorted before people could start making rumours.

"It's great to see the new manager coming in, we've never had a problem with him here at United, he's a very honest man from the players you speak to and he's done a fantastic job at his previous club Everton.

"I'm sure he'll be very, very open and sympathetic to the traditions of the club and try and continue that and not come in and try and make crazy changes in terms of the whole characteristics of the club."

Michael Carrick said: "He's done a terrific job at Everton, he's been there a long time and has had great success with the resources he's had. It's obviously a big change because this club's been run for so long by one person.

"I'm really looking forward to meeting him and getting good training in pre-season and looking forward to a good future. He's honest and fair to his players as far as I'm aware. He sets high standards just as he expects high standards of ourselves." <Source: SkySports>
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 8:17pm On May 09, 2013
dayokanu:

Why not just marry him, He is a GAYYner already so no wahala

If you are married to one, let me know how it feels.
For now, am comfortable with Muki wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:20pm On May 09, 2013
Emperoh:

If you are married to one, let me know how it feels.
For now, am comfortable with Muki wink

So Muki has been cheating!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 8:49pm On May 09, 2013
4llerbuntu: Seriously, u folks know nada.

if this was how people that know football reason, No top coach in football today would be at the top.

When somebody appointed fergie, he was coaching Aberdeen. try to be revisionist and claim aberdeen was a world class team then..

when somebody dumb appointed wenger, he was coaching nagoya grampus in japan, JAPAN!!

its a good thing you are all calling for Jose now, when Jose was appointed to the BIGGEST JOB IN PORTUGAL, what record did he have?

When AVB was appointed, what "world class" credentials did he have?

When Pep Guardiola whom that knucklehead dayo is now bigging up was appointed to coach Barca, WHAT RECORD DI HE HAVE, WHO WAS HE as A COACH?

do u have any idea how many "world class" coaches were available then when this appointments were made? clearly some people somewhere know their job and dont just spew rubbish on NL

for sure i know the people who run united know their football, and know their coaching.

That he is not glamorous or fit for the job is a foolish conclusion. all it takes these days to be "world class" is to win 2 trophies with a big club, even if u dont know jack.

wait for him to eff up, before u conclude. and even that sef is with time. this same irreplaceable fergie didnt win jack for years

pls tell dem,me I am for alhaji moye-gun all the way at least for 2 seasons
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:57pm On May 09, 2013
I cant deny he wasnt my first choice but I back him 100%. I have certainly come round to him being the manager and I really believe given the support and resources, he will do well. he's also well known as very thorough and into the tiniest of details and leaves no stones unturned sort of manager. Of course we shouldn't expect the same exact success considering he's following one of the greatest managers of all time. But this is the start of a new era. And I believe with the house that Fergie has built and the structure put in place, I cant see how he wont get the best chance to succeed.

A new era is here. Welcome David Moyes. cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:16pm On May 09, 2013
Mr_TA: I cant deny he wasnt my first choice but I back him 100%. I have certainly come round to him being the manager and I really believe given the support and resources, he will do well. he's also well known as very thorough and into the tiniest of details and leaves no stones unturned sort of manager. Of course we shouldn't expect the same exact success considering he's following one of the greatest managers of all time. But this is the start of a new era. And I believe with the house that Fergie has built and the structure put in place, I cant see how he wont get the best chance to succeed.

A new era is here. Welcome David Moyes. cool
exactly! and i hope Nani and anderson can find revival next season< while Giggs finds the bench his comfort for his final season in Manchester United. oh wait... perhaps he may just follow Sir Alex as well cool cool cool
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 10:07pm On May 09, 2013
coded guy:

So Muki has been cheating!!!

Definitely not on me grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by ujchief(m): 10:07pm On May 09, 2013
Moyes is the man! I always tipped him as a perfect replacement.

Hope he comes down with Felliani and Baines. Would love to see more cohesion in my midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by mbulela: 10:24pm On May 09, 2013
i am waiting to see who will be his assistant. that will say a lot about where he is headed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 10:44pm On May 09, 2013
Emperoh:

Definitely not on me grin grin

grin grin Muki must be a Damn good player.

She knows how to keep her game tight.

@ Emperoh, I know 6 other guys that feel exactly the way u do!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 10:50pm On May 09, 2013
coded guy:

grin grin Muki must be a Damn good player.

She knows how to keep her game tight.

@ Emperoh, I know 6 other guys that feel exactly the way u do!!

Really, even as she's here with me?
They've been making do with monograms
grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 11:39pm On May 09, 2013
Emperoh:

Really, even as she's here with me?
They've been making do with monograms
grin grin grin

Don't u get it!!! Its your turn tonite. grin shocked
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by adebayo201: 1:23am On May 10, 2013
coded guy:

so he shd be calm and cool cos it going to happen!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:41am On May 10, 2013
4llerbuntu: Seriously, u folks know nada.
if this was how people that know football reason, No top coach in football today would be at the top.

you are a consummate rëtard, a fool with a mushroom for brain cells. this is why many of us think you arsenal fans are typically brainless. so much hot air, yet no substance or common sense attached to it.

When somebody appointed fergie, he was coaching Aberdeen. try to be revisionist and claim aberdeen was a world class team then..

except that fergie had already broken the duopoly of celtic/rangers in scotland by the time he was appointed. he also destroyed real madrid/bayern munich to win a european cup with aberdeen. you would have to be a lobotomised ape to compare fergie's credentials pre-man utd to moyes' credentials as we speak!

when somebody dumb appointed wenger, he was coaching nagoya grampus in japan, JAPAN!!

after wenger had already had successful seasons with as monaco. at least, he won a league title with monaco before going to j-league. what has moyes won to deserve the role of the biggest managerial job on the planet?

its a good thing you are all calling for Jose now, when Jose was appointed to the BIGGEST JOB IN PORTUGAL, what record did he have?

jose did not need to have any antecedents to bag this role. porto are not pulling any trees in world football. look at the people that have managed porto before and after jose, what pedigree have they got? besides - jose had assisted bobby robson in barcelona and he knew just how to win titles.

When AVB was appointed, what "world class" credentials did he have?

AVB was jose's scout tactician at chelsea. jose sent him on errands to analyse how chelsea's opponents play and villas-boas expansive reports are second to none. he won league titles as a backroom staff with chelsea. i reiterate, what has moyes won as an assistant or as a manager?

When Pep Guardiola whom that knucklehead dayo is now bigging up was appointed to coach Barca, WHAT RECORD DI HE HAVE, WHO WAS HE as A COACH?
do u have any idea how many "world class" coaches were available then when this appointments were made? clearly some people somewhere know their job and dont just spew rubbish on NL

when you are ignorant, at least try and zip it up before exposing the emptiness in your pseudo-intelligence. guardiola was barca's ex-player who understood the ethos of his club. guardiola was the manager of barca's team B - he nurtured players like pedro, busquets, tello, etc.

why guardiola got the job without question was the inter-squad match, rijkaard's first team squared up with guardiola's team B under the watchful eyes of barca's directors - guardiola's team B wiped the floor with the team that had etoo, ronaldinho and puyol.

the rest was history from then on......

for sure i know the people who run united know their football, and know their coaching. That he is not glamorous or fit for the job is a foolish conclusion. all it takes these days to be "world class" is to win 2 trophies with a big club, even if u dont know jack.

yet his uncanny ability to fabricate his own argument...
is glamour the issue here or moyes' empty pedigree? what has moyes won in 11 years of football management in the top tier? nothing! not as a manager and never as an assistant. that is the issue!

what about his brand of football? hoof it to the big man(fellaini, duncan ferguson). we should expect him to sign peter crouch or andy caroll. moyes does not go for the jugular. he's scared to lose games. fergie's team is losing 0-1 with 5 mins to go and they equalise. fergie would still go for the 3 points and rally his lads to get it while moyes would remove his strikers and sit on the equaliser.

that's the difference!

wait for him to eff up, before u conclude. and even that sef is with time. this same irreplaceable fergie didnt win jack for years

yes, wait to get robbed before applying the precautions that could have prevented the robbery in the first place. this is the mentality of a malnourished brain.

i have warned you several times that this is not the arsenal thread where plebs like you are accorded the freedom of speech. this is the united thread where every garbage you spew can/will be used against you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:21am On May 10, 2013
that you are a loud mouthed air headed retard is universally known.

that you cannot reason rationally is also well known. but this has to be new lows for you.

read the ridiculous rubbish u posted up there again.

AVB' s credentials as a rumored SCOUT makes him better than the 3rd longest serving EPL coach at the time of his appointment?

fergie broke the duopoly iN SCOTLAND. Hmnn. kadiri ikhana broke d whatevapoly in nigerian league then.

wenger won a title with monaco and promptly went to JAPAN. JAPAN? and he is b

everybody owes keshi a big apology for each time dey ever dissed him then

Jose did not need antecedents for the biggest job in his league. he was simply anointed.from heaven and as such better than moyes in parallels now

Guardiola. the youth team coach and former player is better qualified because "he understood the team ethos"

did u even read the reason the club cited for appointing moyes? apparently Meulestees or That short Knicker guy are also better qualified than moyes noni

we could go.on and on. but im sure u cant even understand what the phollishness in your position is

The one constant thing we have seen is that you talk rubbish about coaches and players yet they achieve exactly the opposite of ur rantings

fergie is old. fergie is dumb. fergi is this fergie is that. giggs is old. scholes is ruining the club bla bla bla. yet they keep winning the bloody title. that same thing the coogar certified geniuses cannot do.

going by your track record hereabouts about this type of thing you will do well to keep quiet and return to debating switchback and switchfront with nateevs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:23am On May 10, 2013
that you are a loud mouthed air headed retard is universally known.

that you cannot reason rationally is also well known. but this has to be a new low for you.

read the ridiculous rubbish u posted up there again.

AVB' s credentials as a rumored SCOUT makes him better than the 3rd longest serving EPL coach at the time of his appointment?

fergie broke the duopoly iN SCOTLAND. Hmnn. kadiri ikhana broke d whatevapoly in nigerian league then.

wenger won a title with monaco and promptly went to JAPAN. JAPAN? and he is better

everybody owes keshi a big apology for each time dey ever dissed him then

Jose did not need antecedents for the biggest job in his league. he was simply anointed.from heaven and as such better than moyes in parallels now

Guardiola. the youth team coach and former player is better qualified because "he understood the team ethos"

did u even read the reason the club cited for appointing moyes? apparently Meulesteen or That short Knicker guy are also better qualified than moyes noni

we could go on and on. but im sure u cant even understand what the phollishness in your position is

The one constant thing we have seen is that you talk rubbish about coaches and players yet they achieve exactly the opposite of ur rantings

fergie is old. fergie is dumb. fergie is this fergie is that. giggs is old. scholes is ruining the club bla bla bla.

yet they keep winning the bloody title. that same thing the coogar certified geniuses cannot do.
afterall in your world the best player at united is anderson

going by your track record hereabouts about this type of thing you will do well to keep quiet and return to debating switchback and switchfront with nateevs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 7:56am On May 10, 2013
mbulela: i am waiting to see who will be his assistant. that will say a lot about where he is headed.
fergie now,who else?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:00am On May 10, 2013
I suspect Moyes will bring along Steve Round and other backroom staff from Everton and I am fine with that. But I don't like this talk of Baines, but particularly Fellaini. Imagine you have driving a decent FIAT but are then giving the keys to Ferrari super car and you are more concerned about MPG.

United are team of big ambitions and standards, the quality of midfielders we should be aspiring to are much better than a Fellaini, who will not fit with our present squad or style of play. Baines I can support, but if he makes a big play for Fellaini and drops a significant sum, I will be worried about what he hopes to build this squad into.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Screwface(m): 9:17am On May 10, 2013
For the love of God, I hope David Moyes doesn't tag Fellani along to OT. I honestly don't like his style of play.
There's something about him that doesn't fit the United style of play. He seems too rough, too agressive and to 'negative' for my liking.

This is one player who, to me, doesn't care if his team is on the loosing side so long as he himself is having a good game (by his standards). Fellani is a No No for me. Thank God no one is even talkin about him coming at the moment, and I hope it stays that way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:04am On May 10, 2013
Fellani plays big man football and he is a celebrity on the pitch. His game is slow and it appears though there is a girl in the stand he is trying to impress.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 10:10am On May 10, 2013
coded guy:

It has always been my turn; for 2 years now. tongue tongue tongue wink
So what are you on about? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dare2think: 11:02am On May 10, 2013
Screwface: For the love of God, I hope David Moyes doesn't tag Fellani along to OT. I honestly don't like his style of play.
There's something about him that doesn't fit the United style of play. He seems too rough, too agressive and to 'negative' for my liking.

This is one player who, to me, doesn't care if his team is on the loosing side so long as he himself is having a good game (by his standards). Fellani is a No No for me. Thank God no one is even talkin about him coming at the moment, and I hope it stays that way.

If there is a player Moyes will bring from everton, be rest assured that it will be Fellani.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:36am On May 10, 2013
4llerbuntu: that you are a loud mouthed air headed retard is universally known. that you cannot reason rationally is also well known. but this has to be a new low for you. read the ridiculous rubbish u posted up there again.

spermflakes must be occupying your cranial cavity! look who's talking about rational discourse......show me one debate you have respectfully won! you are so idiotic, you have the IQ of a mollusc.

so it's about longest serving and not about the performance? alan curbishley must have been better than arsene wenger and mourinho too. you fools keep talking about longevity but it's his performance @ man utd that would guarantee that, not his desire to hold on to a job.

and ikhana won on the continent too, didn't he? you are such a joke - in 20 years time, your kids would read these comments of yours and laugh at your acute stupidity.

wenger won a title with monaco and promptly went to JAPAN. JAPAN? and he is better. everybody owes keshi a big apology for each time dey ever dissed him then

there goes your window of intelligence - stephen keshi being compared to managing the biggest football institution in the world.

did u even read the reason the club cited for appointing moyes? apparently Meulesteen or That short Knicker guy are also better qualified than moyes noni

moyes is too shallow tactically to hold this job. moyes has not won a single game away from home against arsenal, man utd, chelsea, etc

we could go on and on. but im sure u cant even understand what the phollishness in your position is

go on and on with a brainfart like yourself? i didn't think so. i just came here to show you up as a fool that you are talking about longevity as if it's an outstanding quality. if moyes fails to perform in 2 seasons, would he be allowed to stay? won't he be sacked? of what essence would his longevity be then?

The one constant thing we have seen is that you talk rubbish about coaches and players yet they achieve exactly the opposite of ur rantings fergie is old. fergie is dumb. fergie is this fergie is that. giggs is old. scholes is ruining the club bla bla bla.

yes, we keep winning in spite of the old bats not because of them. there's a standard united fans expect from the team they support. you are a rëtarded arsenal fan, what do you know about high standard? you celebrated fabregas' victory in euro 2008 like it was arsenal that won the competition.

yet they keep winning the bloody title. that same thing the coogar certified geniuses cannot do. afterall in your world the best player at united is anderson

like i said, winning the title is a birth-right for man utd. it could be a miraculous event for you losers at north london but united fans don't expect less every season. we are expected to win every single game we play at old trafford. what about our performance in europe? surely, a team like united should be finishing in the semis of the champions league every season - that's the standard we live by not the bloody league.

you are a spastic troglodyte....
go and fix your club and stop talking about what you don't understand. you are like a barren woman of 8 years who is celebrating a stillborn! "na at all at all bad". how did you make it past your adolescent years if you are this genetically stüpid?

david moyes the genius.....

P50 W0 D18 L32
moyes' record for everton in away games against liverpool, arsenal, chelsea and man utd.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 12:26pm On May 10, 2013
Thank goodness the response from the players thus far is encouraging. As long as the players do not give him trouble, that would be a big boost.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 12:43pm On May 10, 2013
I am actually really excited about next season. A huge change coming and while I don't expect immediate trophies, I expect us to compete and I think we will with Moyes.

It's a little scary as this is the only boss I've ever known and one of the greatest of all time, but I trust the judgement of the decision makers and I'm sure they've got it right.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:27pm On May 10, 2013
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:30pm On May 10, 2013
Fellaini follows Andy Cole and Man United on twitter today
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:32pm On May 10, 2013
Jose Mourinho expects David Moyes to succeed at Manchester United.

Jose Mourinho has backed David Moyes to be a success at Manchester United and admits he was honoured that Sir Alex Ferguson rang him personally to tell him he was retiring.

"When Sir Alex called me to give me the honour of knowing from him his decision, I was surprised and sad," the Real Madrid boss said.

"At the same time, I was happy to feel his emotion, and pride for such an amazing career.

"It will be difficult for me, and I think all managers, to go to Old Trafford and play against Manchester United, without this mythical figure waiting for us.

"I think David is a great choice. I like him as a person, I like his character as a manager. I believe Manchester United will support him, I think he has the qualities to do a good job.

"I wish Sir Alex a happy life, and I wish David a successful career at Old Trafford." Mourinho told to Sky Sports.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:23pm On May 10, 2013
Statement from Wayne Rooney
“There’s a load of rubbish being written about me changing twitter bio saying I have deleted Manchester United from it.

I have never deleted Manchester United from the bio whatever the papers are saying because it was never on there.

All that happened was that I was asked by Nike to add @nikeuk to it – the same as many other sportspeople they sponsor.
Funny, no-one’s written about that though!

That change was made THREE weeks ago and yet people are talking about it as if its something that was put up yesterday..”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:50am On May 11, 2013
Scholes ll also retire at the end of this season to join the coaching crew at Utd, when ll Giggs hang his own boot?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:51am On May 11, 2013
Jose Mourinho, when asked if he will tune in to watch Sir Alex's last home match: "No, no, certainly not. I don't want to cry"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:00pm On May 11, 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson ( Manager ) , Martin Ferguson ( Chief Scout ) , Paul Scholes ( Player ) & Albert ( Kitman ) are retiring.

David Gill ( CEO ) & Mike Phelan ( Ast. Manager ) are leaving their jobs.

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (14388) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Bjteensdes24 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.