Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,065 members, 7,987,787 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 04:46 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9273420 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (14440) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:11pm On May 12, 2013
Mr_TA:

That will ultimately be Moyes' decision but you cant keep an unhappy player especially one like Rooney.
That's what I'm talking about
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:40pm On May 12, 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson on Wayne
Rooney's:
"He asked for a transfer, We have refused it. I think he should go away and think it over again. He wasn't happy about being taken off a few times this season but a Wayne Rooney in top form wouldn't be taken off."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Purist(m): 12:47pm On May 13, 2013
Captain Vidic!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 12:57pm On May 13, 2013
coded guy:
Coooogaar Fergie was talking to ya!!!

fergie can fück off.....
he should take giggsy with him. new era, new dawn - moyes needs 2 midfielders and one striker(should rooney leave).

our squad is good enough......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 1:10pm On May 13, 2013
Purist: Captain Vidic!

This guy!!!
Body armour! Jeez!
What commitment!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 1:13pm On May 13, 2013
SailorXY: Anderson got me jumping lol, he is quite a player when on song

he's our best midfielder - he just needs to be managed very well. the ball transition when ando is on the pitch is crisp. only one thing is on his mind - driving the ball forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 13, 2013
coogar:

he's our best midfielder - he just needs to be managed very well. the ball transition when ando is on the pitch is crisp. only one thing is on his mind - driving the ball forward.
his passing range is horrible, for a midfielda playing for d great man utd!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:43pm On May 13, 2013
"Wayne Rooney is a great player, he is the heart of Manchester United so I can not imagine if United had lost players like Wayne Rooney. I really hope Wayne remain at Manchester United.

-Robin Van Persie
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:08pm On May 13, 2013
dademola: his passing range is horrible, for a midfielda playing for d great man utd!!!

anderson passes the ball better than most players in our squad.....he's our best midfielder.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 3:08pm On May 13, 2013
Watin dis rooney dey kal himself sef??2 dribble in no sabi,2 score in no sabi again...d guy no know sae we jst dey manage him sef..in con stil go hand anoda transfer request??abi in no want mae me criticize him sae in din fat and in no sabi play again??if not 4 money wey we dey see 4 ur body...who go dey beg u??mtscheew...any small thing lik dis transfer request u tink u can threaten a club like man utd??abeg go dat chelsea wey u wan go..mae u taste d odaside of d world...mtsheew
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:40pm On May 13, 2013
Fussbot: Watin dis rooney dey kal himself sef??2 dribble in no sabi,2 score in no sabi again...d guy no know sae we jst dey manage him sef..in con stil go hand anoda transfer request??abi in no want mae me criticize him sae in din fat and in no sabi play again??if not 4 money wey we dey see 4 ur body...who go dey beg u??mtscheew...any small thing lik dis transfer request u tink u can threaten a club like man utd??abeg go dat chelsea wey u wan go..mae u taste d odaside of d world...mtsheew

Do you know only four United players have scored 24 league goals or more (I read it somewhere thou I am yet to verify this), Rooney, Ronaldo, Rudd and Robin (the 4Rs).

Do you know only Rooney and Ronaldo have done it from a non lead striking role?

Do you know only Rooney has done it twice?

Do you know the only time Rooney was our lead striker he scored 26 league goals even when he had to miss some matches due to injuries. He was injured even at 5 matches to the end and United slid to 2nd with a point behind Chelsea?

Do you know Rooney scored 27 league goals and 34 overall last season from a supporting role?

Do you know Rooney gets better when used regularly, as he returns from injury?

Do you know from his 23 full matches this season (27 in all) he has 12 league goals and 10 assists despite playing really deep behind RVP, Chicha, Welbeck and even Kagawa?

Do you Know Rooney sacrificed the top striking role for RVP this season and Chicharito? And even RVP is yet to match Rooney's 27 league goals of last season?

Do you know RVP has Rooney, Kagawa and Welbeck as support strikers, Rooney didn't have that quality back up in 2009/10 and 2011/12 when he hit 26 and 27 goals respectively?

Do you know Ronaldo was backed by Rooney and Tevez when he hit the 24 mark?

Summary, put someone as 'crafty' or gifted behind Wayne Rooney he would better than RVP or Suarez. You only have Messi and Ronaldo as players who have been consistent than him. Bring Suarez or Sylva or Aguero or Ozil or Di Maria or even Falcao, you might not get as many goals with same consistency from them. It is hard to help the overall play gaining cohesion by distributing, passing, change in direction, holding possession, going on counter attack and still be scoring great goals. Only Rooney has this ability apart from Messi and Ronaldo. The next are Falcao and Suarez.

I have seen RVP scored from great long range tele-passes this season. Only Rooney has provided three, the other two players are Carrick (1) and Giigs (1). Although Carrick has two more to other players, no one knows where the top man is as much as Rooney. Chicha, Welbeck and Kagawa can only dream of most of Rooney's qualities.

Take Rooney to Madrid or Barca, he will do better than he is doing now. He needs support from quality midfield and encouragement from the bench. It's like a slap to keep starting him from the bench at the expense of Chicha and Welbeck. When he is not playing, even the game is hard for RVP.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 5:26pm On May 13, 2013
elampiro:

Do you know only four United players have scored 24 league goals or more (I read it somewhere thou I am yet to verify this), Rooney, Ronaldo, Rudd and Robin (the 4Rs).

Do you know only Rooney and Ronaldo have done it from a non lead striking role?

Do you know only Rooney has done it twice?

Do you know the only time Rooney was our lead striker he scored 26 league goals even when he had to miss some matches due to injuries. He was injured even at 5 matches to the end and United slid to 2nd with a point behind Chelsea?

Do you know Rooney scored 27 league goals and 34 overall last season from a supporting role?

Do you know Rooney gets better when used regularly, as he returns from injury?

Do you know from his 23 full matches this season (27 in all) he has 12 league goals and 10 assists despite playing really deep behind RVP, Chicha, Welbeck and even Kagawa?

Do you Know Rooney sacrificed the top striking role for RVP this season and Chicharito? And even RVP is yet to match Rooney's 27 league goals of last season?

Do you know RVP has Rooney, Kagawa and Welbeck as support strikers, Rooney didn't have that quality back up in 2009/10 and 2011/12 when he hit 26 and 27 goals respectively?

Do you know Ronaldo was backed by Rooney and Tevez when he hit the 24 mark?

Summary, put someone as 'crafty' or gifted behind Wayne Rooney he would better than RVP or Suarez. You only have Messi and Ronaldo as players who have been consistent than him. Bring Suarez or Sylva or Aguero or Ozil or Di Maria or even Falcao, you might not get as many goals with same consistency from them. It is hard to help the overall play gaining cohesion by distributing, passing, change in direction, holding possession, going on counter attack and still be scoring great goals. Only Rooney has this ability apart from Messi and Ronaldo. The next are Falcao and Suarez.

I have seen RVP scored from great long range tele-passes this season. Only Rooney has provided three, the other two players are Carrick (1) and Giigs (1). Although Carrick has two more to other players, no one knows where the top man is as much as Rooney. Chicha, Welbeck and Kagawa can only dream of most of Rooney's qualities.

Take Rooney to Madrid or Barca, he will do better than he is doing now. He needs support from quality midfield and encouragement from the bench. It's like a slap to keep starting him from the bench at the expense of Chicha and Welbeck. When he is not playing, even the game is hard for RVP.
u school me gaan ni sha...
And wat u are trying 2 insinuate naw is dat dis "talent" is more dan man utd right??
So cus he has dis qualities(dat no1 can have??)Naw,he can threathen us with his transfer request rit??
U mean dis talent is 2 big 2 replace wen we've even replaced talents bigger dan his??
bro,no1 is bigger dan man utd,if he wants 2 leave..he can f**k off...al dos tins u listed above are history or should I also list how bechkam,nisterroy,ronaldo also contributed 2 man utd b4 dey left so dat u can see how small his is??
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 13, 2013
coogar:

anderson passes the ball better than most players in our squad.....he's our best midfielder.

nah!! I dnt do video clips!! I'm sure if i type 'bebe's best moments' on google, i'd get a video. Lets do it d cooger way(statistical analysis). Oya naucheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:54pm On May 13, 2013
dademola: nah!! I dnt do video clips!! I'm sure if i type 'bebe's best moments' on google, i'd get a video. Lets do it d cooger way(statistical analysis). Oya naucheesy

anderson's pass completion is 87.3%
minus the defenders whose passes go sideways and backwards most of the time, anderson is the 3rd best passer in the club this season.

that's anderson matching scholesy's pass accuracy even though anderson makes more long passes.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:03pm On May 13, 2013
Championes! Championes! Ole ole ole! grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:26pm On May 13, 2013
Fussbot: u school me gaan ni sha...
And wat u are trying 2 insinuate naw is dat dis "talent" is more dan man utd right??
So cus he has dis qualities(dat no1 can have??)Naw,he can threathen us with his transfer request rit??
U mean dis talent is 2 big 2 replace wen we've even replaced talents bigger dan his??
bro,no1 is bigger dan man utd,if he wants 2 leave..he can f**k off...al dos tins u listed above are history or should I also list how bechkam,nisterroy,ronaldo also contributed 2 man utd b4 dey left so dat u can see how small his is??

You mentioned above that Rooney is fat, can't dribble and all that, that made me to bring some of his achievements prior to the arrival of RVP. Five years EPL goals aggregate to 2011/2012 season showed that Rooney had the highest followed by RVP, then Drogba. As a coach, SAF should have worked out a perfect striking partner between Rooney and RVP, but his attempt to keep everyone happy meant he had to sacrifice Rooney in many things- roles, substitutions and rotation. When the whole attack can't break an opponent, it has to be Rooney who will always be substituted. Perhaps, SAF didn't manage the situation well because substituting Rooney while RVP and Welbeck are on the pitch most times sent wrong signals. If he couldn't manage it during games, he could explain to the player off games. It same with Nani. Rooney and Nani have single handedly carried this team in the past, so the arrival of RVP and Kagawa coupled with the need to please Giggs, Chicharito and Welbeck have created some dissatisfaction.

When RVP came, one of the things he said was that he wanted to play along side a great player in Wayne Rooney. At the end, the rotation style didn't allow these two guys to form a formidable partnership. Apart from the big away games, SAF made it looked like RVP and Welbeck were the most important strikers. He is not bigger than the team, but he should also be treated as a senior player. Even SAF said Rooney gets better and gains fitness with games. After 2010 world cup, Rooney had his worst time in football and went on a long drought, once he got his fitness back, he helped us to another EPL title. Nani and Rooney when fit and in form, are two guys who can give us a heavy score line over opponents as it used to be.

Finally, it is being rumoured that he said he is not ready to take up the defensive midfield role, that if he is guaranteed to play as a top or supporting striker, he will stay. That is, he doesn't want to play behind the two strikers in a match. He too wants to score goals, afterall it is great goal scorers that get praised and go into history books. I read earlier in the season that he said as he advances in age later in the future, he might take up the deep midfield role.

The bottomline is I want United to do everything to keep Rooney. Afterall, Madrid is fighting hard to please and retain Ronaldo now.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:37pm On May 13, 2013
rooney should go if he wants to....
van persie/kagawa can also play in the hole and hernandez would play up top. no player is bigger than united.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:59pm On May 13, 2013
coogar: rooney should go if he wants to....
van persie/kagawa can also play in the hole and hernandez would play up top. no player is bigger than united.

RVP cannot keep possession, we have seen that many times. He always struggle to try shifting the ball to his left leg, thereby losing balance and even possession in the process. That role is not meant for him at all. Kagawa has not proven to be a big game player so far, moreso he has struggled in fast paced matches. Lastly, I am yet to be convinced that Chicharito is the striker we need. He shines in some matches by getting some goals and some other matches swallow him absolutely. He keeps running into offside positions while unable to do anything with the ball. Wish Chicharito and Welbeck can be merged into one player, because one can hold the ball and drive with it while the other is just to hit into the net.

Keep Rooney and Nani away from the present team, we will be whipped by other big teams.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 13, 2013
coogar:

anderson's pass completion is 87.3%
minus the defenders whose passes go sideways and backwards most of the time, anderson is the 3rd best passer in the club this season.

that's anderson matching scholesy's pass accuracy even though anderson makes more long passes.
haaaaa!!! i'm pretty sure the bolded part is a typo!! scholes wld hav every rite to feel very insulted sha!!cooger, we both knw u can be more explicit with ur statistical analysis.u rememba hw u went about d DDG ish?? i wld like to see his seasonal stats for d past 3-4 yrs. i shudnt be giving u dis tips nau..U KNW WOT TO DO!! wink wink
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 8:40pm On May 13, 2013
dademola: haaaaa!!! i'm pretty sure the bolded part is a typo!! scholes wld hav every rite to feel very insulted sha!!cooger, we both knw u can be more explicit with ur statistical analysis.u rememba hw u went about d DDG ish?? i wld like to see his seasonal stats for d past 3-4 yrs. i shudnt be giving u dis tips nau..U KNW WOT TO DO!! wink wink

the burden of proof is on you to prove me wrong - anderson makes more long passes than anyone in man utd. it's his trade mark. he's always eager to push the ball forward.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:22pm On May 13, 2013
Cleverly has done above 90 percent in couple of matches. Also Carrick, but I think Cleverly pass rate is higher than Carrick. I don't have the statistics at hand. I saw lots of post match statistics during the season.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:12pm On May 13, 2013
Wilfred Zaha scored twice for Palace today to put them in the championship play-off finals. Nice to see he can come with the goods in the big games.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 7:04am On May 14, 2013
@ Elampiro.

You can list out a million and one reasons why we should keep Rooney; but this thing is getting too annoying. If he wants to go, then let him p*ss the f*ck off!

What the f*ck does he want!!? The last time he said the club wasn't matching his ambition, now we have a much better squad than last season, with a promise of better to come.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:05am On May 14, 2013
Ultimately, I want Rooney to stay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:08am On May 14, 2013
Trophy parade

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:17am On May 14, 2013
Mr_TA: Ultimately, I want Rooney to stay.

Me too.

Ronaldo left, Owen Hagreaves bowed out to injury, Tevez left, Berbatov left due to poor form, Fletcher injured, Scholes and Giggs are old. RVP, Valencia and Young are the replacement. I think the quality is dwindling. No wonder Barca beat us twice easily in the final of UCL. We should have been more formidable in Europe if we had our team intact. We need to try keeping our best while replacing the weak and old.

Ronaldo wanted to go o fufil his childhood ambition, but circumstance is pushing Rooney out. It can be resolved. We are not Arsenal, we can't keep allowing our best to go, else everyone will want to go when there are no motivators.

Remember, SAF and Scholes won't be there next season and we need to keep the DNA on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:22am On May 14, 2013
Massive crowed of 670,000 fans

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:32am On May 14, 2013

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:34am On May 14, 2013
Moyes was there.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:54am On May 14, 2013
Their moment of history.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:26am On May 14, 2013
Ferdinand the rapper.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 8:50am On May 14, 2013
Wtf??670,000 people??

Wow dis rili means more dan football to dis people it's dia lifestylegrin

Pls how wld any sane person want to leave dis kind of environment??

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (14440) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: chrisley024(m), patrickmuf(m), NinjaMetahuman and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.