Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,466 members, 7,961,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 04:19 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9180136 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (14388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:18pm On May 14, 2013
New Manchester United manager David Moyes met with his predecessor Sir Alex Ferguson and Old Trafford stalwart Ryan Giggs yesterday amid speculation that the Welshman could be offered a role on the Scotsman's coaching staff.

The trio are also reported to have discussed Wayne Rooney's future after the striker asked to leave the Premier League champions.

Moyes met with Ferguson and Giggs at a Cheshire hotel on Monday before the Everton boss addressed the Cambridge University Union later in the evening.

Appointing Giggs would represent a masterstoke, given his wealth of experience and his standing in the United dressing room. Giggs has already earned his coaching badges and became the first to complete them while still playing.

While the Manchester United squad were dancing on an open-top bus, David Moyes addressed the Cambridge University Union on Monday night.

Moyes on Wayne Rooney:
"When we sold him at Everton, Wayne was an outstanding talent and a really good player. We would watch him in training and say 'Wow, did he really just do that?' You could see the staff looking across at each other shaking their heads in disbelief. He was football mad - heading the ball and volleying the ball here, there and everywhere. He was just a really good 16-year-old footballer.

"He would just leave the training ground and play football with his pals on the street and think nothing of it. A lot of people use the term 'street footballers' and I think Wayne was the last of the street footballers, hitting the balls off the wall, playing with his mates. Part of that culture has gone from football. He reminded me of my days growing up in Glasgow where you would be playing on the streets but I do think he was the last of those great street players."

On continuing United’s tradition of academy players:
'Manchester United have always relied hugely on young players and my priority will always be to promote these talents. It is the right way to go. My aim would be to develop these young English players and get more and more coming through."

On the importance of longevity:
Chelsea have had a level of success and have won a lot of trophies but I can’t see how continually sacking and changing managers, Sir Alex at Man United, when you look at everything he has achieved there.

"Even at Everton, they gave me a chance and believed that I would get it right. The owners and chairmen must be stable. They shouldn’t be too high when you win or too low when you lose. You really need to work for good people." <Source: Daily Mail>

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 2:29pm On May 14, 2013
David Moyes will hold showdown talks with Wayne Rooney next week in a bid to resolve the striker’s Manchester United future.

Rooney went to see Fergie in person just over two weeks ago, but was told in no uncertain terms that he wouldn’t be sold.

Reports suggest new United boss Moyes is willing to sell Rooney if he wants to join another club, with Chelsea in pole position to land the 27-year-old. Now the pair are set to meet in private next week to thrash out what happens next.

Rooney was full of praise for Ferguson during yesterday’s Premier League victory parade in Manchester.

He said: “It’s great and it’s a fitting tribute to the manager as well after so long and so much success. As much as it’s for the team and the title, it’s for the manager and what he’s done for us.

“He’s been great for us all. He’s successful and he’s a winner and to do it for so long is incredible. He’s a fantastic manager and fantastic person.” <Source: Daily Star>
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:34pm On May 14, 2013
Man United League Goal Scorer
(2012/2013)

1. Robin Van Persie - 25 Goal
2. Wayne Rooney - 12 Goal
3. Javier Hernandez - 9 Goal
4. Shinji Kagawa - 5 Goal

5. Patrice Evra - 4 Goal
6. Jonny Evans - 3 Goal
7. Rafael Da Silva - 3 Goal
8. Ryan Giggs - 2 Goal
9. Tom Cleverley - 2 Goal
10. Alaxander Buttner - 1 Goal
11. Anderson - 1 Goal
12. Danny Welbeck - 1 Goal
13. Darren Fletcher - 1 Goal
14. Antonio Valencia - 1 Goal
15. Michael Carrick - 1 Goal
16. Luis Nani - 1 Goal
17. Nemanja Vidic - 1 Goal
18. Nick Powell - 1 Goal
19. Paul Scholes - 1 Goal
20. Rio Ferdinand - 1 Goal

I am surprised to know that Chicharito is just on 9 goals, honestly I thought he was somewhere around 16. Sincerely, 9 goals are too few for a poaching striker. Welbeck's one goal is too poor for a striker, even though he played from the flanks in some matches. Evra has four goals from defensive position, wow! He also has 6 assists. Kudos to him, Evans and Rafael. Rafael has 4 assists, Welbeck and Carrick have 4 and Chacharito 3 assists.

If Rooney stays, United should decide who should go between Welbeck and Chicharito, they are causing selection problems and distractions. There was a certain Bojan in Barca, he was promising, but it was best to let him go. United should be ok with two strikers and one reserve striker. If there are injuries, there can always be adjustment. Afterall, Fabrigas strikes for Spain national team as a top nine in the EUFA cup, and he supports in Barca.

Rooney perhaps, is judged by a separate standard. From his odd position, he has 12 goals and 10 assists while trying to help out the midfield problems and stabilize the build up. He has only not measured to his standard, but even his average is far above many EPL strikers.

Carrick, hmmmm. His goal and assist statistics just reminded me of Yaya Toure, and may be Ramires too.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2013
Remember those are league stats only not all comps.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:00pm On May 14, 2013
Mr_TA: Remember those are league stats only not all comps.

chicharito has 17 goals in all competitions and he's mostly been a sub.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:32pm On May 14, 2013
Mr_TA: Remember those are league stats only not all comps.

I know this. Champions League, Capital 1 and FA cup. RVP and Rooney were mostly not involved in Capital 1 and FA cup. Going back to history, Rooney has never scored less than 11 goals in the League irrespective of the number of matches played. Even when he was a teenager in United. Chicharito is a poaching striker, he should be scoring more. He did well in his first season though, but once opponents got used to his style, it is becoming more difficult for him. The good thing, he scores. The bad thing, he can now be tamed by lots of defence in the EPL. The ugly thing, he can only be used in one way. To me statistics do not support this young man, if he could play I will be less hard here.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 6:46pm On May 14, 2013
^^^ you really seem to love this our Rooney. I don't think we should lay off any of our youngsters as you suggest, how can you guarantee a 30 year old & a 28 year old will be fit throughout next season? Even if we are getting Ronaldo back, its Young who should be ballin' out + Zaha may be replacing Giggs. Two CDMs, & this team is good to go even in Europe, irrespective of Moyes' experience
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:13pm On May 14, 2013
How many games has Chicha started in the EPL this season. 9 goals is a great return considering the miniscule playing time he has received and consider the importance of some of those goals, late winner at Stamford bridge, late winner against Newcastle, turn around goal at Villa park.

RVP must have an appearance clause in his contract because he was the only player not rotated at any point this season (even Carrick and Evra were)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 7:35pm On May 14, 2013
SailorXY: ^^^ you really seem to love this our Rooney. I don't think we should lay off any of our youngsters as you suggest, how can you guarantee a 30 year old & a 28 year old will be fit throughout next season? Even if we are getting Ronaldo back, its Young who should be ballin' out + Zaha may be replacing Giggs. Two CDMs, & this team is good to go even in Europe, irrespective of Moyes' experience

elampiro is a fantasist.....
hernandez scored 9 league goals + 4 assists in 864 mins. 864 mins is not even up to 10 league games.

so it means chicharito scored 9 goals in 9.5 league games. he's by far the most effective goalscorer we have. 864 league mins all season is pathetic, ferguson can be a tool sometimes.

goddamn, i never knew it was this bad, this is gross mismanagement of a player - 864 mins when other strikers are clocking 3000 mins easily? 7 league starts in 38 is very poor. i am glad fergie is gone!

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:40pm On May 14, 2013
Yeah, I don't think defenders know how to handle Hernandez yet as evidence by his goals to games ratio. His problem is that he doesn't get much minutes and he doesn't contribute enough to the general build up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:02pm On May 14, 2013
The table above provides another dimension to the Chicha's game. Before we can say he was not properly used, I want to believe it was his poor scoring form last season that prompted the way SAF used him, because you cannot have the best two strikers in EPL in terms of prior season's goals tatally and overall goals total over 5 years and bench either of them. The table above further shows that, apart from the Chelsea game, he was a small game player, that is, he got his goals from matches against the supposed weak opponents.

His style of play is just like that of Izaghi, may be the new coach should watch him next season with more playing time. I don't think we need all the four strikers, it creates confusion and unnecessary rotation just to please everybody. With the current form, there is no need to keep the two - Welbeck and Chicha. May be it's Welbeck that should go then.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:00pm On May 14, 2013
elampiro: The table above provides another dimension to the Chicha's game. Before we can say he was not properly used, I want to belief it was his poor scoring form last season that prompted the way SAF used him, because you cannot have the best two strikers in EPL in terms of prior season's goals tatally and overall goals total over 5 years. The table above furher shows that, apart from the Chelsea game, he was a small game player, that is, he got his goals from matches against the supposed weak opponents.

you don't know when to give up, do you? he scored 10 league goals from 1477 mins last season. that's an average of 2 goals in 3 games. that is poor scoring?

His style of play is just like that of Izaghi, may be the new coach should watch him next season with more playing time. I don't think we need all the four strikers, it creates confusion and unnecessary rotation just to please everybody. With the current form, there is no need to keep the two - Welbeck and Chicha. May be it's Welbeck that should go then.

we need 4 strikers - there are just too many games in england not to have 4-5 strikers. moyes should play the strikers with the best form. rooney was useless for the best part of the 2nd half of the season. in hierarchy, he should be vying for the 3rd best striker in the club with welbeck.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:41pm On May 14, 2013
elampiro: The table above provides another dimension to the Chicha's game. Before we can say he was not properly used, I want to belief it was his poor scoring form last season that prompted the way SAF used him, because you cannot have the best two strikers in EPL in terms of prior season's goals tatally and overall goals total over 5 years. The table above furher shows that, apart from the Chelsea game, he was a small game player, that is, he got his goals from matches against the supposed weak opponents.

Its obviou you're in love with Rooney hehehehe. CHicharito is the best point man in Manchester United, put him up for sale & you'll be surprised the @ the calibre of suitors that will stampede themselves at Old Trafford's entrance. I advocate the sale of Rooney because he is handing in ANOTHER transfer request in 3 years? + this is the last time United can command a proper transfer fee from his sale. Promote a striker from the academy to supplement van Persie, Hernanadez & Welbeck, this way team selection is based purely on current form! The Rooney{£30m?} proceeds can be channeled to signing a world class CM. I believe this way, both parties will be well served!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:03am On May 15, 2013
SailorXY:
Its obviou you're in love with Rooney hehehehe. CHicharito is the best point man in Manchester United, put him up for sale & you'll be surprised the @ the calibre of suitors that will stampede themselves at Old Trafford's entrance. I advocate the sale of Rooney because he is handing in ANOTHER transfer request in 3 years? + this is the last time United can command a proper transfer fee from his sale. Promote a striker from the academy to supplement van Persie, Hernanadez & Welbeck, this way team selection is based purely on current form! The Rooney{£30m?} proceeds can be channeled to signing a world class CM. I believe this way, both parties will be well served!

I disagree, Rooney and RVP pairing with someone to supply from midfield is what we need.

How can you say Chicha is our best point man? Even Rooney playing behind him has more goals every season, perhaps except Chicha's debut season. I am not in love with Rooney, is it not obvious to everyone that he is the about the 3rd best in the world? Apart from Messi and Ronaldo, how many top forward players get as many goals every season? Arguing in your line, put Chicharito and Rooney in the market, let's see their worth? The only player that will be near capable of replacing Rooney is Fabregas, because he can also be involved in the build up and he scores too. But Rooney scores more and more dangerous on the counter.

Well, if we are to believe Rumours, Madrid is waiting at a region of £40m while reading to release Bezenma and Higuain. Then Mourinho said to want him on his return to Chelsea. Mourinho will be using him as the main striker.

Till he is gone, United fans won't know his value. It is better to get him available at United until it is obvious greater players are available for selection. Raul was still available till Ronaldo, Kaka and Benzema arrived. Villa and Iniester are still playing for Barca. Lampard is still playing regularly for Chelsea. Oscar and Hazard are wonderful, but their lack of experience saw them off in the 7 competitions. If Drogba was still there the case would have been different.

The Chicha I watch, finds it hard against many EPL teams. More like the matches swallow him and you don't get to see him in those tough games. That is the only reason Welbeck having more games can be justified. Welbeck is a team player, a hardworker and he matches opponents strength for strength even in the most difficult games. Apart from Chelsea, how many matches against top teams does Chichi do well since his arrival? FA cup and UCL inclusive. Once the going gets tough he is not even seen on he pitch, and offers himself a minus one in the games.

This doesn't mean I am denying the fact that he has been helpful in some crucial moments, what I am saying is get someone to dominate and supply the ball.s from midfield, let RVP and Rooney do the killings and those moments won't even be there in the first place. They are the best in EPL over 5 years. Look at what Robben and Ribery are doing, experience matters when it matters.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 6:07am On May 15, 2013
Rooney 3rd best in the world?? I laugh in hair transplant grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:16am On May 15, 2013
Please I am not saying Chicha is not a good player. He is a good poacher and uses his head well. He is like Inzaghi. My Argument is that Rooney is poorly judged by some fans and bench. There is a kind of coordination our game gains whenever he plays.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:22am On May 15, 2013
If Rooney leaves, we will hardly find his replacement cos he's an all round player n av been consistent for seasons. His exit will only weaken us more. I pray he signs a new deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:08am On May 15, 2013
There was a time not too long ago when any team on the planet would've wanted Wayne Rooney in their starting XI. But several years, a hair transplant and two transfer demands later and that isn't the case anymore. Now the teams that want him can't afford him and the teams that can afford him don't seem to want him.

Bayern Munich, for example, were recently rumored to be the 28-year-old striker's destination of choice. Matthias Sammer, the German champions' sporting director has made it clear that they're not interested, though.

From the Guardian:

"I don't know what Rooney would bring to the Bundesliga," Sammer said. "I can't answer that. I can answer that we have great respect for Wayne Rooney but there has been no contact with him. There is no contact and he's not on the agenda. No, no. Absolutely not."

When Mario Gomez, a guy who was the Bundesliga's second best scorer last season with 26 goals, can't even get regular starts then you know Sammer isn't just talking a big game.

Rooney's bigger concern should be the first part of Sammer's statement. If he's looking to leave England, that question of "can he perform in a league with a different style of play?" could limit his number of interested parties even further. His transfer request in 2010 brought death threats, but it also brought more money. This one might just bring embarrassment.

Rooney d reject
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 15, 2013
elampiro: Please I am not saying Chicha is not a good player. He is a good poacher and uses his head well. He is like Inzaghi. My Argument is that Rooney is poorly judged by some fans and bench. There is a kind of coordination our game gains whenever he plays.
gone r dos daiz of rooney being pivotal to our play. He has dropped in form, simple!!...and fergie wld gladly tell u: 'I PUT HIM ON D BENCH AGAINST MADRID, AND I DIDNT MISS HIM'!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:35pm On May 15, 2013
Gaggi: There was a time not too long ago when any team on the planet would've wanted Wayne Rooney in their starting XI. But several years, a hair transplant and two transfer demands later and that isn't the case anymore. Now the teams that want him can't afford him and the teams that can afford him don't seem to want him.

Bayern Munich, for example, were recently rumored to be the 28-year-old striker's destination of choice. Matthias Sammer, the German champions' sporting director has made it clear that they're not interested, though.

From the Guardian:

"I don't know what Rooney would bring to the Bundesliga," Sammer said. "I can't answer that. I can answer that we have great respect for Wayne Rooney but there has been no contact with him. There is no contact and he's not on the agenda. No, no. Absolutely not."

When Mario Gomez, a guy who was the Bundesliga's second best scorer last season with 26 goals, can't even get regular starts then you know Sammer isn't just talking a big game.

Rooney's bigger concern should be the first part of Sammer's statement. If he's looking to leave England, that question of "can he perform in a league with a different style of play?" could limit his number of interested parties even further. His transfer request in 2010 brought death threats, but it also brought more money. This one might just bring embarrassment.

Rooney d reject

.... Racial Germans. No wonder their players hardly go out or do well outside. Their best will flop in the EPL. I won't be surprised if they claim that Ronaldo won't do well in Bundesliga. They are trying to claim superiority.

You said clubs that can afford Rooney don't want him. Really? Which are these clubs?

Your first paragraph betrayed you hatred for him, hence everything you wrote is purely out of sentiment. What has hair transplant got to do with performance on the pitch?

Any where Rooney is unable to perform, no other EPL player will perform there. Period.

Once upon a time, many haters had the belief that Ronaldo would flop in La Liga.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:46pm On May 15, 2013
dademola: gone r dos daiz of rooney being pivotal to our play. He has dropped in form, simple!!...and fergie wld gladly tell u: 'I PUT HIM ON D BENCH AGAINST MADRID, AND I DIDNT MISS HIM'!!

rooney's bottom level is the worst of any professional i know. when he's not in form, a pregnant cow plays better but at his best(which is very rare these days), he's definitely world class.

that being said, he should be sold! this is the 2nd time he's asked for a transfer. he's not bigger than united so let's flog the fatso to rubin kazan and bring a competent striker in.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:00pm On May 15, 2013
dademola: gone r dos daiz of rooney being pivotal to our play. He has dropped in form, simple!!...and fergie wld gladly tell u: 'I PUT HIM ON D BENCH AGAINST MADRID, AND I DIDNT MISS HIM'!!

Fergie never said he didn't miss him. When Rooney came on at 10 men, we saw how the attack became swifter and forceful. The ball possession in the attack improved drastically.

Fergie dropped Rooney for a tactical reason. He said he wanted a striker who could retract fast and help defence, and Welbeck was the best in that. It looked also that Fergie felt his performance in Madrid was below his usual. But despite that, Rooney gave a pass that put RVP through and he missed one on one with the goalkeeper. Giggs also missed one on one. Evra gone on one on with the goalkeeper but the referee didn't react when Madrid last man brought him down from behind. Some players could be silent in a match, but there mere presence due to what they could do is enough to distract markers. Also, I think it was he who took the corner kick that Welbeck scored.

Against Dortmund, Ronaldo was the poorest player for Madrid, virtually all his passes were inaccurate, and he was no where near scoring. But his presence on the pitch allowed Ramos and Benzema the openings. And that wasn't the first off day from Ronaldo. Try pulling him out and see if his confidence won't start dwindling. RVP went dry for ten matches, he missed even clear chances against Chelsea in FA cup and Madrid in UCL. If he was given same treatment he too would have been losing confidence. When he wasn't scoring and playing well, Rooney had better games and goals yet it was he who would be pulled out. That sends wrong signals.

Once upon a time, Henry was said to be the problem, the young players (RVP and Fabregas) needed to grow. When Henry and Veira left, the young guys were being praised for their high scoring forms and fast paced football, but before the season went half way, their inexperience began to show. Henry went on to win what was missing in his career, and the club he left has never again been the same. Lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:00pm On May 15, 2013
coogar:

rooney's bottom level is the worst of any professional i know. when he's not in form, a pregnant cow plays better but at his best(which is very rare these days), he's definitely world class.

that being said, he should be sold! this is the 2nd time he's asked for a t
ransfer. he's not bigger than united so let's flog the fatso to rubin kazan and bring a competent striker in.

I disagree, Rubin Kazan is too big. Okomu Oil FC will be more appropriate. grin grin grin cheesy

Actually, Rooney doesn't deserve all the negative talks. United fans should show more gratitude. Ronaldo requested for a transfer in United, he is also making troubles in Madrid.

Rooney has served the club well. There are players who carry their teams for a long time:

Barca is being carried by Messi
Madrid is being carried by Ronaldo
Chelsea was carried by Drogba and Lampard
Man United is being carried by Rooney.
Man City is being carried by a lot of many big money signings.
Arsenal was being carried by RVP
Liverpool is being carried by Suarez
Totteham is being carried by Bale.
Athetico Madrid by Falco
Juventus by Pirlo.

In the hierarchy of achievements, which of these players have helped their clubs to success as much as Wayne Rooney? Only Messi and Ronaldo. Which of the above players don't have low moments? Drogba was a point man, how many times was he able to beat Wayne on goals scored? And Drogba's contributions to team play was poor.

Wayne Rooney is not asking for pay rise, he went humbly to ask for a transfer. It doesn't warrant insults, we can respect our great players. Ronaldo was loyal, but Rooney has even been more loyal. He is even trying to reconsider, why are some United fans not showing gratitude to this young man. He has done well, even if he were to leave, may God help him prosper.

I think I am beginning to support he leaves because no matter what he does now, people will look for excuses to put blames on him. Let him go to where he can get support. May be Madrid or Chelsea where the midfield support the strikers better.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2013
''Everbody sees Rooney submitting 2 transfer
requests,nobody sees that he rejected 2 offers
from City of much more money..
And all those who think that we don't need
Rooney,because we have RVP,
you guys RVP
would not have joined United if it wasn't for
Rooney..
Rooney is the reason we were in title
hunt last season till last day and fighting for
trophies every season..
Even if he leaves,
i will still respect him !!!!'' Curled from a concern fan residing in Old Trafford.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:40pm On May 15, 2013
rooney is garbage........
wenger wants rooney, he should go there. we can do better than a player that spits his dummy out everytime he gets subbed.

what should hernandez say? man utd is the only the team in the world hernandez would sit on the bench. he has not complained. berbatov was kept on the bench throughout his career, did he complain?

fabregas wants to come to united n tag-team van persie....rooney can go to arsenal. get me cesc and lewandowski and we are sorted.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:18pm On May 15, 2013
you expect rooney to be sold to chelsea? gagagagagaga ne'er gon' happen bros
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:21pm On May 15, 2013
Elampiro why are you being so favorable to Rooney, yet you are always looking for ways to downgrade DDG.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 9:53pm On May 15, 2013
Cesc wants to come to the scumtwats? cheesy

Dream on Sharon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:07pm On May 15, 2013
Are Henadez and Berbatov now on the same level with Rooney? Benzema and Higuain can get sub and not complain, but not their Oga on the field Ronaldo.

What Rooney has achieved and will still achieve in football, Hernadez and Berbatov can only dream.

I am not favouring Rooney, I have stated the facts enough. If Rooney wasn't so good, the coaching crew won't be battling to keep him.

In terms of asking for transfer, how is Rooney's situation different from Ronaldo's? If it was possible to keep Ronaldo at 350K salary, I would have supported it. I am only stating the fact which is known to the coaching crew as well as ex-United greats.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:10pm On May 15, 2013
debosky: Cesc wants to come to the scumtwats? cheesy

Dream on Sharon.

Fabregas is the latest on the transfer rumours. To me he is the only one who can go close to replacing Rooney because of his work rate in the build up. But he is still much behind Rooney.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 5:38am On May 16, 2013
Manchester United Fans Player of the Year Robin van Persie:
"If you want to be a winner first you have to deal with disappointments. I want to play as long as Scholes and Giggs."

Robin van Persie - 'Sir Mat Busby Player of the Season' .
Adnan Januzaj - Denzil Haroun trophy reserve of the year .

Michael Carrick - Players 'Player of the Season' .

Ben Pearson - Jimmy Murphy Academy player of the Year .

Robin van Persie Goal vs Aston Villa 'Goal of the Season' .

How many of you guys participated in the voting? You can always have your say in voting after every match, at the end of every month and season.

Like the Manchester United facebook page, you will always be given the link. You may also have the opportunity of online video chat with players. The United facebook page is now over 33million. Although United has another popular fans page that has 11 million followers.

Barca facebook followers are 42million, Madrid is 36 while United is 33. Chelsea is 16million. It's only naija forum they have population.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:29am On May 16, 2013
Top 6 Manchester United's Player of the Year contendors :

1. Robin Van Persie
2. Micheal Carrick
3. Rio Ferdinand
4. David De Gea
5. Wayne Rooney
6. Rafael Da Silva

Even in his supposed worst season, Rooney is still adjudged to be among the best performers in the club. He remains the heart or hubb of the team. His coordination is supreme and was only considered poor on his standard.

Nominees for Man utd goal of the season
Robin van Persie v Fulham, 25/08/12
Nick Powell v Wigan, 15/09/12
Rafael v Liverpool, 23/09/12
Robin van Persie (2nd) v Cluj, 02/10/12
Tom Cleverley v Newcastle, 07/10/12
Robin van Persie v West Ham, 05/01/13
Rafael v QPR, 23/02/13
Shinji Kagawa (2nd) v Norwich, 02/03/13
Wayne Rooney v Norwich, 02/03/13
Robin van Persie (2nd) v Aston Villa, 22/04/13

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (14388) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: raumdeuter and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.