Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,466 members, 7,961,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 04:29 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9180151 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (14388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:38am On May 16, 2013
The fans felt Robin was the best, but the players think it's Carrick.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:42am On May 16, 2013
Back stage rumours has it that Moyes and Giggs have succeeded in convincing him. I hope so.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 6:51am On May 16, 2013
dis z d Rooney I wanna see on d fieLd, d 1 dat scores and shout and ru not d rooney dat scores and smiLe.. I realLy didn't enjoy his goal ceLebrations dis season
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:02am On May 16, 2013
Cute.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:56am On May 16, 2013
elampiro: Cute.

Some babes go get bad belle for this babe now. Even naija babes wey no get any chance in hell grin

elampiro: Back stage rumours has it that Moyes and Giggs have succeeded in convincing him. I hope so.

I hope this means Giggs role has changed into being a coaching staff instead of remaining a liability on the field.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 8:09am On May 16, 2013
dopeJemi: dis z d Rooney I wanna see on d fieLd, d 1 dat scores and shout and ru not d rooney dat scores and smiLe.. I realLy didn't enjoy his goal ceLebrations dis season
he is paid to score,so I don't give a fok how he celebrates,if him like make him do face like monkey,all I want is goalssssssssssss
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by r231(m): 8:37am On May 16, 2013
IYA NGBALI: he is paid to score,so I don't give a fok how he celebrates,if him like make him do face like monkey,all I want is goalssssssssssss

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 8:47am On May 16, 2013
IYA NGBALI: he is paid to score,so I don't give a fok how he celebrates,if him like make him do face like monkey,all I want is goalssssssssssss
lol! Buh atLeast, a joyfuL ceLebration put smiLes on d faces of d fans.. U no dey see van-persie
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:53am On May 16, 2013
coded guy:

Some babes go get bad belle for this babe now. Even naija babes wey no get any chance in hell grin

I hope this means Giggs role has changed into being a coaching staff instead of remaining a liability on the field.

The woman is lucky, so also many in great peoples' life. Robert Pires babes those days (don't kmnow whether they are married now) travelled like a 'destitute' from Paris to London, just to try and live better, no plan for education was on the way. She was tall and slim like a model, then from nowhere Pires saw her and that was all, she began spending in thousands of pounds. lol

Even some stars are really not the best, life is sometimes luck. How many latent talents abound in villages every time, but lack of exposure and poverty limits so much. In life too, some are smarter than others. The most important thing is meeting someone who sees the potentials in you at a young age and instill the belief in you that you can make it with your talent.

Just a little deviation from football. May be an offside. lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Screwface(m): 9:38am On May 16, 2013
Enough of Rooney already tongue

Number of Permanent Top Flight Managers hired and fired during
Fergie's reign at Man Utd 1986:
2012/2013 League Table as at today:

Manchester City: 14
Chelsea: 16
Arsenal: 3
Tottenham: 14
Everton: 9
Liverpool: 9
West Brom: 16
Swansea: 16
West Ham: 10
Stoke City: 14
Fulham: 15
Aston Villa: 12
Southampton: 19
Sunderland: 15
Norwich City: 14
Newcastle United: 15
Wigan Athletic: 14
Reading: 11
QPR: 19

TOTAL: 255
gringrin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 1:54pm On May 16, 2013
My opinion on Wayne boils down to this. Is Rooney a valuable asset to United? Hell yes. Is he worth the 250-300k/week, 1m/month in wages we pay? NO. I would happpily campaign to keep him if he accepts a standard wage cut (say 180k) or perfomance related pay scheme.

Just to put this in context. in 2008 cr7 had a phenomenal year and after sweeping all the major honours was rewarded with a new contract. That contract comes nowhere near what Rooney currently enjoys of the back of a solid 09/10 season, after which Rooneey successsful blackmailed us into grossly over paying him. yet since that raise, Rooney has stagnated and even regressed at times in the last 3 years. it is criminal for a player paid as much Rooney is to look so unfit at various points over a season. You want to be paid the huge bucks, then you have to continually push yourself to peak condition. if you can't fine, just don't expect a supper premium contract.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 2:54pm On May 16, 2013
Beckham has retired, Mr Giggs, we're looking at you oh..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 4:16pm On May 16, 2013
Mr_TA: Beckham has retired, Mr Giggs, we're looking at you oh..
*in HD for that matter*

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:24pm On May 16, 2013
montelik: My opinion on Wayne boils down to this. Is Rooney a valuable asset to United? Hell yes. Is he worth the 250-300k/week, 1m/month in wages we pay? NO. I would happpily campaign to keep him if he accepts a standard wage cut (say 180k) or perfomance related pay scheme.

Just to put this in context. in 2008 cr7 had a phenomenal year and after sweeping all the major honours was rewarded with a new contract. That contract comes nowhere near what Rooney currently enjoys of the back of a solid 09/10 season, after which Rooneey successsful blackmailed us into grossly over paying him. yet since that raise, Rooney has stagnated and even regressed at times in the last 3 years. it is criminal for a player paid as much Rooney is to look so unfit at various points over a season. You want to be paid the huge bucks, then you have to continually push yourself to peak condition. if you can't fine, just don't expect a supper premium contract.

I won't have a direct answer to this because I don't have a list of the world top earners to determine if his salary is justified. Because he had some off-days in some matches this season doesnt warrant his downward review of salary of someone who has been great for the club for ten years. Usually the law of demand and supply determines any price in the market. Perhaps, Ferguson may have indirectly called for suitors to his boy when he started benching him. Possibly, some misread SAF's motive for starting Rooney from the bench and have possibly submitted their inquiry/need for him to Manchester United.

Not Rooney's fault.

City wanted to pay Rooney more money. As you said, he had a solid season, but you failed to mention that he had been a rock to the team from his teen years, then it came a time he single handedly carried the team after the departure of Ronaldo and Tevez while Berbatov lack of form became glaring to everyone. Also, it was a time City, Barca, Chelsea and Madrid were paying unusually high wages. That wasn't his fault, but his wages are never going to remain this high year after year, except he keeps his usual form. Mind you, form cannot be determine with a few matches or one season. Roben of Bayern Munich is a clear example here. Sometimes, it looked like he was dead, then suddenly he appeared the most feared in the business.

Is he worth his current salary?
The law of demand and supply fixes this and the club is in better position to look at the offers coming in as compared to what he is still offering to the club. You cannot use one season to conclude on a top player, otherwise you live to regret it. More importantly, a player whose benefit to the club has spanned over a decade. He had a wonderful season in 2009/10, he had an an outstanding season again last year, he came behind Valencia as club best. 2010/11 he started poorly after being booed by fans, then SAF said Rooney gets better with games. Once he got back at Xmas time, he was about the best in league again. He ended up scoring the best EPL goal ever (it was awarded officially) against City. So, the club is in the position to always determine what he is worth. Rio Ferdinand certainly cannot reject pay cut at this time, otherwise he knows the exit doors.

Ronaldo's case is different.
As at end of 2007/2008 Ronaldo had said he wanted to go to Madrid. It was SAF's intervention that delayed his movement for one year. If he was rewarded, it was purely for his effort in helping the club to a UCL victory because he had already set his mind on Madrid, his childhood dream team. Money was not the issue. Unlike Rooney, two issues were on the table- solidifying the team with some great players and paying him on law of demand and supply (his market worth). We can see the effect of RVP, the only real great arrival. Without his addition, United would have struggled like last season. So, it is logical to keep Rooney together with the other guys in form and bring more quality to the team's midfield. When all departments are solid, no one will have an excuse not to perform, then evaluation at the end of next season will determine the next move.

How much should Rooney earn.
That is not my business for now. It is important the club keeps him till such a time it is so obvious we can do without him. Note here we don't have SAF, no Giggs and Scholes. No Berbatov or Ronaldo or Flectcher. No Tevev or Hargreaves. Who will continue the DNA or the Manchester united inspiration? iS it Kagawa or RVP that just arrived? Or is it Young or Nani or Valencia? We may be hopeful of some great signings, how much is this guaranteed? Benzenma waw once highly needed in world football, what has he done for Madrid? There is what we call super flop, we remember Scevcheko's move to Chelsea. The bedrock of Barca are actually Xavi and Iniester. It is only wise to add to them, but not to find their replacement who might never be able to give same value.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 5:11pm On May 16, 2013
@ Elampiro

All this epistle you are writing on Rooney suggest that because he has been with us for 10 years we should play him whether he is fit or not.

How many players earn what Rooney is earning? Law of demand and supply my foot. Are you also suggesting that Man U can't or won't survive if rooney leaves. You can not be playing dismally and expect to play all the time, what ould the other players feel, is the club only to take how Rooney feels into consideration.

You assertion that he is probably the third best is very very debatable, there are players that have been very influencial to their clubs consistently over the last 5years bar Ronaldo and Messi.

Let him go to city and find out he would not be able to blend and frustration sets in, which probably had nothing to do with form only for form to dip as a result of his not being able to adapt. Whether they pay him more would not help his case. How old is he sef?

We can glaringly see what would happen to Madrid and Barca if those two aliens leave, but I can't say the same for Rooney. It will take some time for those 2 la liga giants to recover if Messi and Ronaldo leave.

Rooney is an important player for United, but he can be done without. We have a list of players that have left and we still survive. Stop making Rooney look like a god we can't do without.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2013
Has Rooney spent a decade in Man U? I thought he joined after Euro 04 which would make it 8 years and a quarter. The "Rooney is the 3rd best player in the world' part just got me lololing tho! I like the way the ninja makes his case you can't fault that as over the top as it is
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:54pm On May 16, 2013
no player is bigger than man utd. we have sold better talents in ruud, ronaldo, berbatov, etc. rooney has disgraced the brand too many times. let's cut our losses - sell him to PSG.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 6:08pm On May 16, 2013
elampiro:

.... Racial Germans. No wonder their players hardly go out or do well outside. Their best will flop in the EPL. I won't be surprised if they claim that Ronaldo won't do well in Bundesliga. They are trying to claim superiority.

You said clubs that can afford Rooney don't want him. Really? Which are these clubs?

Your first paragraph betrayed you hatred for him, hence everything you wrote is purely out of sentiment. What has hair transplant got to do with performance on the pitch?

Any where Rooney is unable to perform, no other EPL player will perform there. Period.

Once upon a time, many haters had the belief that Ronaldo would flop in La Liga.

LOL,

This guy are you on crack?

Just sitting down on your computer and spew trash. You must be the guy below

[img]http://4.bp..com/-37Jq_3LJ4pg/UUoE_-Xi5lI/AAAAAAAAAXs/A0SB6q306J8/s1600/really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg[/img]

Rooney 3rd fattest player in the world you mean?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:54pm On May 16, 2013
coded guy: @ Elampiro

All this epistle you are writing on Rooney suggest that because he has been with us for 10 years we should play him whether he is fit or not.

How many players earn what Rooney is earning? Law of demand and supply my foot. Are you also suggesting that Man U can't or won't survive if rooney leaves. You can not be playing dismally and expect to play all the time, what ould the other players feel, is the club only to take how Rooney feels into consideration.

You assertion that he is probably the third best is very very debatable, there are players that have been very influencial to their clubs consistently over the last 5years bar Ronaldo and Messi.

Let him go to city and find out he would not be able to blend and frustration sets in, which probably had nothing to do with form only for form to dip as a result of his not being able to adapt. Whether they pay him more would not help his case. How old is he sef?

We can glaringly see what would happen to Madrid and Barca if those two aliens leave, but I can't say the same for Rooney. It will take some time for those 2 la liga giants to recover if Messi and Ronaldo leave.

Rooney is an important player for United, but he can be done without. We have a list of players that have left and we still survive. Stop making Rooney look like a god we can't do without.

Leave that thing, Barca will survive if Messi leaves. The real deal is Xavi and Iniester, except now that age is catching up with them. Messi wouldn't have been if the bedrock was removed- Xavi, Iniester and the overlapping Alves. That is the kind of support lacking in United.

What is this plenty talk that Rooney is not in form? Someone that was voted man of the match in a couple of occasions and made the top six players. He is not in form to his standard he has set. Period.

Man United had a player that left and we still survived. Yes, but we had SAF, Giggs, Scoles, robust Ferdinand, etc still fit and young at those times.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:06pm On May 16, 2013
coogar: no player is bigger than man utd. we have sold better talents in ruud, ronaldo, berbatov, etc. rooney has disgraced the brand too many times. let's cut our losses - sell him to PSG.

Disgrace the brand? You may have a point.

But Rooney is better than Rudd and Berbatov. Rudd was a point man don't forget. Even Rooney was part of his success. We should not forget that Rooney can function in many ways and the only time he was given the opportunity as the point man, he delivered excellently well in the season the quality of support was poor. Berbatov was to be the point man, but he failed and Rooney was called to the rescue and he delivered in what remained his best season.

In the history of football, Rudd and Berbatov can never come top of Rooney. Rooney is already on the verge of becoming all time highest scorer for United, he is currently 4th behinf Bobby Chalton, Dennis Law and Jack Rowley. Imagine, that is from a deep role. I know in he appears almost in all yearly FIFA top 20. I have never seen Berbatov there.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:12pm On May 16, 2013
dayokanu:

LOL,

This guy are you on crack?

Just sitting down on your computer and spew trash. You must be the guy below

[img]http://4.bp..com/-37Jq_3LJ4pg/UUoE_-Xi5lI/AAAAAAAAAXs/A0SB6q306J8/s1600/really-fat-guy-on-computer.jpg[/img]

Rooney 3rd fattest player in the world you mean?

Hahahahaa. I can never be like that. I am slim and handsome. I was also an athlete. During my time I played for Lagos state NYSC team. I was an intelligent striker and also played defensive midfield in some matches, depending where we thought was weak and needed my intervention. So, I was a Rooney to my teams. Lol

In secondary school, I banged in uncountable goals in local matches, but I didn't kick a serious ball once I got to the university campus. I was pursuing the highest grade 'cos that was what my dad could understood to mean success.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:03pm On May 16, 2013
Has Ferguson ever regretted selling a player? Yes. He said he regretted selling Jaap Stam, he admitted that was a mistake. But he was quick to add that he has only very few mistakes in his career.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 9:52pm On May 16, 2013
Rooney better than Ruud. I disagree, had Ruud not thrown a tantrum thereby prematurely ending his time at O.T he would have shattered all manner of records. Dennis Law was relieved when he left. Who is United's record goalscorer in Europe? Rooney after almost 10 years hasn't touched it.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:52pm On May 16, 2013

SIR BOBBY CHARLTON
Appearances:758Goals Scored:249
DENIS LAW
Appearances:404Goals Scored:237
JACK ROWLEY
Appearances:424Goals Scored:211
WAYNE ROONEY
Appearances:402Goals Scored:197
GEORGE BEST
Appearances:470Goals Scored:179
DENNIS VIOLLET
Appearances:293Goals Scored:179
RYAN GIGGS
Appearances:940Goals Scored:168
JOE SPENCE
Appearances:510Goals Scored:168
MARK HUGHES
Appearances:467Goals Scored:163
PAUL SCHOLES
Appearances:717Goals Scored:155
RUUD VAN NISTELROOY
Appearances:219Goals Scored:150
STAN PEARSON
Appearances:343Goals Scored:148
DAVID HERD
Appearances:265Goals Scored:145
TOMMY TAYLOR
Appearances:191Goals Scored:131
BRIAN MCCLAIR
Appearances:471Goals Scored:127
OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER
Appearances:366Goals Scored:126
ANDY COLE
Appearances:275Goals Scored:121
CRISTIANO RONALDO
Appearances:292Goals Scored:118
SANDY TURNBULL
Appearances:247Goals Scored:101
GEORGE WALL
Appearances:319Goals Scored:100

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:06pm On May 16, 2013
montelik: Rooney better than Ruud. I disagree, had Ruud not thrown a tantrum thereby prematurely ending his time at O.T he would have shattered all manner of records. Dennis Law was relieved when he left. Who is United's record goalscorer in Europe? Rooney after almost 10 years hasn't touched it.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy waw a point man, hence his goals made him popular. Also, what did he win in his 6 years in Manchester United? One premier League.

I don't know about Dennis Law, I didnt watch him so I can't judge because statistics don't give the overall picture. If history book says he is greater, so be it. But history book will bear witness that Rooney has achieved better than Berbatov and Nistelrooy for United. Nistelrooy won only one EPL. Rooney has won 5, won 1 UCL, and played in 3 UCL finals in 4 years. All of these he played a pivotal role.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:20pm On May 16, 2013
Outgoing Man United chief executive David Gill has reportedly met with Real Madrid president to discuss a possible move to re-sign Cristiano Ronaldo as well as a possible Bernabeu move for want-away striker Wayne Rooney according to Spanish source AS.

The rumours go on and on. Summer is here. If only we could have both of them again, plus RVP.

Some other news have it that PSG have actually bid 30m pounds for Rooney. To me, PSG is a wrong place to go.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:33pm On May 16, 2013
Robin van Persie hailed 'an incredible year' after winning the the club's Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award.

RVP won the poll with 45.1% of the vote, ahead of Michael Carrick (29%) in second place and David De Gea (11.5%) third.

"I have to be fair - it's beyond expectations, it made such an impact on me from day one, being involved with all the guys. The way they welcomed me made such an impact and, of course, to be able to work with Sir Alex and Mike [Phelan] and all the staff is more than a pleasure.

"I have to say that winning a trophy is fantastic. This whole year has been incredible. I have to thank all the boys, the staff and the fans, who since day one, have been unbelievable. It's been an honour. Hopefully, we can do even better, crack on and win even more trophies. I would love to win the Champions League." <Source: mirror.co.uk>

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:36pm On May 16, 2013
elampiro:
Disgrace the brand? You may have a point.

But Rooney is better than Rudd and Berbatov. Rudd was a point man don't forget. Even Rooney was part of his success. We should not forget that Rooney can function in many ways and the only time he was given the opportunity as the point man, he delivered excellently well in the season the quality of support was poor. Berbatov was to be the point man, but he failed and Rooney was called to the rescue and he delivered in what remained his best season.

this is why a lot of people don't take you serious - rooney is better than ruud? on what planet? van nistelrooy that won golden boots in 3 different leagues? van nistelrooy that won 3 UEFA champions league golden boots in 5 seasons @ man utd? you don't even know your football - van nistelrooy is the greatest striker in the premier league era.

In the history of football, Rudd and Berbatov can never come top of Rooney. Rooney is already on the verge of becoming all time highest scorer for United, he is currently 4th behinf Bobby Chalton, Dennis Law and Jack Rowley. Imagine, that is from a deep role. I know in he appears almost in all yearly FIFA top 20. I have never seen Berbatov there.

rooney on the verge of becoming the all-time scorer makes him great? rooney has spent 8 seasons @ man utd. ruud had just 5 seasons and he broke every goalscoring in united. berbatov won a golden boot in his short stay at man utd? rooney has never won it - wazza is just another english hype - the kid has talents but he's too overrated.

in terms of football sense - ruud n berbatov are miles ahead of rooney!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:42pm On May 16, 2013
Sir Alex Ferguson slept in and skipped work for the first time as Manchester United boss - after the emotion of his retirement left him shattered.

"On the Monday night, after the parade, I slept for 10 hours, I think for the first time in my life! I was absolutely gone, knackered. I didn't go in to work the next morning.

"As it got to - I don't know what time it was - I kept feeling the presence of Cathy coming into the bedroom. I think she was just checking to see if I was still alive!"

Ferguson, who took charge of his final game at Old Trafford last Sunday admitted it had been emotional and said: "It definitely has been, and Sunday will be hard too.

"What I had to do, and I think I did it well, I didn't show my emotion too much. When I announced it to the staff I got a bit blubby, you know, but it wasn't easy." <Source: Daily Mirror>
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:52pm On May 16, 2013
coogar:

this is why a lot of people don't take you serious - rooney is better than ruud? on what planet? van nistelrooy that won golden boots in 3 different leagues? van nistelrooy that won 3 UEFA champions league golden boots in 5 seasons @ man utd? you don't even know your football - van nistelrooy is the greatest striker in the premier league era.

rooney on the verge of becoming the all-time scorer makes him great? rooney has spent 8 seasons @ man utd. ruud had just 5 seasons and he broke every goalscoring in united. berbatov won a golden boot in his short stay at man utd? rooney has never won it - wazza is just another english hype - the kid has talents but he's too overrated.

in terms of football sense - ruud n berbatov are miles ahead of rooney!

Golden boot doesn't translate into best player. I guess you know that. Just don't mention Berbatov when you mention Rooney. In terms of goals, Rooney led Drogba on the chart till he fell to injury in the run in, else he should have won golden boot in 2010. But you have to judge on overall achievement. I thought you were going to mention that Nistelrooy goals won United a champions league trophy. How many finals did he even play?

Rooney has EPL best player to show, He has 5 EPL titles, he has 1 UCL medal and even appeared twice in two others. You may score plenty of goals against small/weak opposition as a point man, but when you cannot lift your team when it matters most, you can't be tagged 'great'. Nisterooy can never be rated above Rooney in the history of United greats. Berbatov won't even be in the books even if it were to be a 100 pages. Berbatov hardly shone against big oppositions. Berbatov and Saha are in the same boat.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:12pm On May 16, 2013
elampiro:
Golden boot doesn't translate into best player. I guess you know that. Just don't mention Berbatov when you mention Rooney. In terms of goals, Rooney led Drogba on the chart till he fell to injury in the run in. But you have to judge on overall achievement. I thought you were going to mention that Nistelrooy goals won United a champions league trophy. How many finals did he even play?

rooney led drogba because he kept adding cheap penalties to his statistics. overall achievement is about individual achievement not collective achievement. ruud and berba won golden boots, rooney did not. rooney played in champions league final - same as oshea, brown, fabio and nani. there's a prize attached to making a team in the final?

Rooney has EPL best player to show, He has 5 EPL titles, he has 1 UCL medal and even appeared twice in two others. You may score plenty of goals against small/weak opposition as a point man, but when you cannot lift your team when it matters most, you can be tagged 'great'. Nisterooy can never be rated above Rooney in the history of United greats. Berbatov won't even be in the books even if it were to be a 100 pages. Berbatov hardly shone against big oppositions. Berbatov and Saha are in the same boat.

rooney won 5 league titles - he's had 8 seasons to achieve that with a superior team. compare to caroll, oshea, richardson, djemba djemba, bellion, kleberson, etc. until 2007, united had an inferior team by our own high standard so comparing the team ruud played in and the one carlos queiroz helped fergie built is not logical! what was rooney's contribution in the finals we played?

he did a no show in 2008 and 2009 and fergie insisted rooney botched his tactics in 2011. he failed to play to fergie's instructions so how good is rooney? do you watch your football upside down? you want to compare what berba can do with the ball to rooney? you want to compare ruud's 14 champions league goals in one season to rooney's kick n follow? puh-lease!

rooney has 5 EPL tiltes so has darren fletcher - it does not make fletcher better than dembele that has won 0 league titles. EPL title is a collective achievement!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:12am On May 17, 2013
coogar:

rooney led drogba because he kept adding cheap penalties to his statistics. overall achievement is about individual achievement not collective achievement. ruud and berba won golden boots, rooney did not. rooney played in champions league final - same as oshea, brown, fabio and nani. there's a prize attached to making a team in the final?

rooney won 5 league titles - he's had 8 seasons to achieve that with a superior team. compare to caroll, oshea, richardson, djemba djemba, bellion, kleberson, etc. until 2007, united had an inferior team by our own high standard so comparing the team ruud played in and the one carlos queiroz helped fergie built is not logical! what was rooney's contribution in the finals we played?

he did a no show in 2008 and 2009 and fergie insisted rooney botched his tactics in 2011. he failed to play to fergie's instructions so how good is rooney? do you watch your football upside down? you want to compare what berba can do with the ball to rooney? you want to compare ruud's 14 champions league goals in one season to rooney's kick n follow? puh-lease!

rooney has 5 EPL tiltes so has darren fletcher - it does not make fletcher better than dembele that has won 0 league titles. EPL title is a collective achievement!

Berbatov is a zero. He is nowhere comparable to Rooney in football, at least they played together. In Berbatov years at united, Rooney almost double the goals Berbatov scored, yet Rooney was meant to play behind Berbatov. You keep getting it wrong that Rooney is not a point man whereas Berbatov and Nistelrooy were. Berbatov is easily assessed beacuse he played with Rooney and we knew who was relegated to the bench after series of failure in big games. We knew who scored more and crucial goals between the two. We knew who had to go due to surplus to requirement. I am shocked you think Berbatov a great striker. Someone who couldn't make starting eleven in crucial matches.

Rooney won all those titles not as just a member for the team, but as the backbone of the team. He only played second best to Ronaldo in two seasons. The ordinary players have seen been shown the way out, while the boss is respected because of his value. Who else can be so honoured as is done to Wayne Rooney, no one.

I don't understand what you meant by 2008 and 2009 finals. He played in both finals as a player that was respected. In 2011, he got the only goal in the final.

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (14388) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: azpekuliar and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.