Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,457 members, 7,961,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 02:28 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9179999 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (14388) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:07am On May 28, 2013
StarBoard:
One mumu noted for copy-and-pasting who wants to be heard by all means.
@Mancs (minus that tapeworm called elampiro)
Truth is, on a trophy level, Bayern are ahead of us.
Let's not argue over the facts.
They've won more than us.
We haven't done enough in Europe for a club of our stature. It's that simple.

All these arguments about class and being the biggest sporting brand do not hold water like a sieve.

how have they won more than us? let's lay down the trophies each club has won pound for pound. the 3 CL trophies they won in the 70s are a joke as far as i am concerned. i have posted the "official" trophies both clubs have won and united is way ahead of bayern. it's not even funny!

in case you missed it, here it is...

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1122346_clubs_jpgb91c64bf151d01cf3464dd158837ebcd[/img]
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 12:02pm On May 28, 2013
SailorXY:
I stumbled on the game just as it was about to kick off on SS3 & decided to see for myself first hand, so based on the game & the little I saw from the first leg of same match-up;
1. Zaha is a natural talent who is still very raw
2. Zaha has got pace to rival Antonio Valencia himself
3. Zaha has a terrible short pass accuracy
4. Zaha got good tricks & his left side is just as good as his right side
5. Zaha does a little bit more than he should many times
6. Zaha is a tad inexperienced
7. Zaha is akin to Nani in terms of tracking back & putting his defensive shift
8. Zaha may need some time before he is able to displace any winger on the United payroll at the moment
9. Zaha has got a little bit of the ego issues
10. Zaha, with the proper grooming, will be as good as Nani but on a consistent level *which is world class tbh*
thanks..dis report isn't bad!is it?I guess not...den wia is d over-rated sh*t coming from?can't wait for d pre-season 2 see 4 myself..
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 28, 2013
coogar:

how have they won more than us? let's lay down the trophies each club has won pound for pound. the 3 CL trophies they won in the 70s are a joke as far as i am concerned. i have posted the "official" trophies both clubs have won and united is way ahead of bayern. it's not even funny!

in case you missed it, here it is...

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1122346_clubs_jpgb91c64bf151d01cf3464dd158837ebcd[/img]
Take away the Community/Charity shields and let's see how many trophies we got.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 28, 2013
elampiro:

You dull ninny fat mumu ode, can't you see I have written than I have copied and pasted? Can't you see where I gave statistical analysis. Copy and paste is just to give club news. It pains you because all you do is to argue.

I argue because I won't let anyone tell me playing for Man U is a step down in class. Which is not true.
You give statistical analysis?
You must believe your own hype for real.
When you were copying-and-pasting every news item that came out from Daily mail about United, were you making sense?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 2:50pm On May 28, 2013
StarBoard:

We are waiting...

Not forgetting the Worthnothing and Milk Cups
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 2:58pm On May 28, 2013
^^ Make sure you remove the DFB-Ligapokal and DFL-supercup trophies from the butt munchers' total as well. tongue
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 3:05pm On May 28, 2013
debosky: ^^ Make sure you remove the DFB-Ligapokal and DFL-supercup trophies from the butt munchers' total as well. tongue

Exactly lets count only the cups that count

The League, CL, UEFA cup, Winners cup Intercontinental cup, FA cups

Champions League

Bayern 5 Man Utd 3

Cup Winners Cup

Bayern 1 Man Utd 1

UEFA Cup

Bayern 1 Man Utd 0

Intercontinental Cup

Bayern 2 Man Utd 2

League

Bayern 23 Man Utd 20

FA Cup

Bayern 15 Man Utd 11
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 3:07pm On May 28, 2013
debosky: ^^ Make sure you remove the DFB-Ligapokal and DFL-supercup trophies from the butt munchers' total as well. tongue
23 League Titles
5 Champions Leagues
15 German FA Cups
2 Intercontinental Cups
1 Cup Winners Cup
1 European Cup

That's a grand total of 47! If we win on Saturday that makes it 48!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:35pm On May 28, 2013
StarBoard:

why should we take away the community shields when you have to win a league title/FA cup to even play in the competition? you are comparing a one-man league to a super-competitive league like the english league? you should start supporting bayern too or better still, we should take out supercup/intercontinental cup victories cos they are meaningless.

celtic have won the scottish league 44 times, won their FA cup 36 times - they must be better than bayern and barcelona. let's assume for a second that bayern are in the premier league, would they have won the league 23 times? how can anyone compare a league where the best team has won it 20 times in 150 seasons to the one that the best team had won it 23 times in 50 seasons?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 3:38pm On May 28, 2013
coogar:

why should we take away the community shields when you have to win a league title/FA cup to even play in the competition? you are comparing a one-man league to a super-competitive league like the english league?

celtic have won the scottish league 44 times, won their FA cup 36 times - they must be better than bayern and barcelona. let's assume for a second that bayern are in the premier league, would they have won the league 23 times? how can anyone compare a league where the best team has won it 20 times in 150 seasons to the one that the best team had won it 23 times in 50 seasons?

If Bayern had been in the EPL for 150yrs, they would have won the league 40 times at least.

Which is evident by how dominant they are in Europe

When Celtic won 44 titles, How many did they win in Europe which is the leveller?

The continent is the leveller and Bayern leads with 7 trophies to Man Utds 4

If Bayern comes to the EPL it would also become a 1 team league

When comparing it only makes sense to compare like for Like, League title vs League title, CL vs CL, UEFA Cup vs UEFA Cup Why bring a Milk cup that has no equivalent in any other league.

Starboard doesnt need to be a Bayern fan before he knows the truth

If I say Madrid has been more succesful than Bayern in winning trophies, Doesnt make me a Madrid fan

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:48pm On May 28, 2013
dayokanu:
If Bayern had been in the EPL for 150yrs, they would have won the league 40 times at least.
Which is evident by how dominant they are in Europe

how dominant are they in europe? liverpool that have won 5 champions league, how many league titles have they won in england? you are such a fool!

When Celtic won 44 titles, How many did they win in Europe which is the leveller?

refer back to liverpool......they won their 5th champions league 8 years ago.

The continent is the leveller and Bayern leads with 7 trophies to Man Utds 4
If Bayern comes to the EPL it would also become a 1 team league

like i said, refer back to liverpool.....8 trophies on the continent and 18 league titles to show for it in comparison to man utd's 20. by your idiotic logic, liverpool should have won the english league 50 times.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 28, 2013
coogar:

why should we take away the community shields when you have to win a league title/FA cup to even play in the competition? you are comparing a one-man league to a super-competitive league like the english league? you should start supporting bayern too or better still, we should take out supercup/intercontinental cup victories cos they are meaningless.

Because community shields are one-offs and not actually competitions in every sense of the word.
I can't support Bayern because they win trophies. But I have to admit when someone is better.
Besides, I wouldn't want to go into the League thing. Europe is where I think you measure up.
Bayern have won all European trophies on show past and present. United haven't. Simples.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 3:51pm On May 28, 2013
When Liverpool was dominant in the league they won 4 CL titles

When Man Utd became dominant they won 2

If Bayern was in the EPL, They would have dominated all through and would make the league a one team league.

Bayern 7 European titles, Man Utd 4 European titles.

That says it all
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:52pm On May 28, 2013
StarBoard:
Because community shields are one-offs and not actually competitions in every sense of the word.
I can't support Bayern because they win trophies. But I have to admit when someone is better.
Besides, I wouldn't want to go into the League thing. Europe is where I think you measure up.
Bayern have won all European trophies on show past and present. United haven't. Simples.

liverpool have won all european trophies on show and they have not won their league in 24 years. that's how difficult the english league is......

dayokanu: When Liverpool was dominant in the league they won 4 CL titles When Man Utd became dominant they won 2

another idiotic point - the CL titles united won have more value than the ones liverpool/bayern won pre-93. playing the champions of cyprus, azeirbajan and san marino is no competition.

If Bayern was in the EPL, They would have dominated all through and would make the league a one team league.
Bayern 7 European titles, Man Utd 4 European titles.
That says it all

liverpool have 8 european titles and no one would rank them above united.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 3:53pm On May 28, 2013
StarBoard: Because community shields are one-offs and not actually competitions in every sense of the word.

Are you prepared for the retardded retort he would give you?

Maybe the weak league was why Bayern won 5 CL titles and have played 10 finals

Let him remove Worthnothing, Community Shields and Milk Cups and see what he has
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 3:54pm On May 28, 2013
coogar:

liverpool have won all european trophies on show and they have not won their league in 24 years. that's how difficult the english league is......

Stop lying

Liverpool never won the Cup Winners Cup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 3:58pm On May 28, 2013
dayokanu:
Stop lying
Liverpool never won the Cup Winners Cup

united never won uefa cup, chelsea must be better than united. liverpool have won 5 CL titles and they are not even better than arsenal!

dayokanu:
Are you prepared for the retardded retort he would give you? Maybe the weak league was why Bayern won 5 CL titles and have played 10 finals

your league is weak, accept it. the 2nd most successful team in germany have 9 league titles. arsenal have 13!!

Let him remove Worthnothing, Community Shields and Milk Cups and see what he has

we should remove bayern's league titles then as the english carling cup is older than the german league.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On May 28, 2013
Keep telling that to yourself.

I am sure to you Swansea is better than Madrid sef

Show us your 5 CL trophies and we can have a discussion
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:08pm On May 28, 2013
dayokanu: Keep telling that to yourself.
I am sure to you Swansea is better than Madrid sef
Show us your 5 CL trophies and we can have a discussion

hahahaha, here come the ebonics.....

dayo, i am better at arguing than you do - see how i used liverpool's 5 CL titles to destroy your argument. biko, quit your retardëd logic, i would go 3 steps further to put a nail in your coffin......

ac milan have 7 CL titles and they have only won their league 18 times. are bayern better than milan? christ, i am such a genius when i am in the zone. i have just put dayo in a box - you can start callling him dayo achebe!

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 4:18pm On May 28, 2013
^^^^^^^

Classic Coogar!! Chest thumping!!!
You got me cracked up man!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:22pm On May 28, 2013
coogar:

hahahaha, here come the ebonics.....

dayo, i am better at arguing than you do - see how i used liverpool's 5 CL titles to destroy your argument. biko, quit your retardëd logic, i would go 3 steps further to put a nail in your coffin......

ac milan have 7 CL titles and they have only won their league 18 times. are bayern better than milan? christ, i am such a genius when i am in the zone. i have just put dayo in a box - you can start callling him dayo achebe!

We are saying who is the better club, You keep winning the argument and Class while we keep winning the trophies

Its a win-win for both. You win your seasonal targets which are class NYSE and arguments and we win Trophies

Everyone wins something cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 4:29pm On May 28, 2013
dayokanu:

We are saying who is the better club, You keep winning the argument and Class while we keep winning the trophies

Its a win-win for both. You win your seasonal targets which are class NYSE and arguments and we win Trophies

Dayo, i don't expect you to give in this way. . . . .come on!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:39pm On May 28, 2013
dayokanu:

answer the question i asked you - i hate doing this to you in broad daylight - i feel so bad, this is like putting my own dog to sleep. question....are bayern better than ac milan? grin

Emperoh:
Dayo, i don't expect you to give in this way. . . . .come on!!

he's a dead man walking.....
put any nigga in the boxing ring with me and i am eating him alive. his claim that bayern would have won 40 EPL titles because they have won 5 CL titles makes no sense.

liverpool have also won 5 CL titles and they have only won 18 EPL titles.....milan have only won 18 league titles but they have 7 CL titles. ask dayo if they are better than milan and you will not get a straight answer from the faggöt!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 4:49pm On May 28, 2013
Dayo please answer coogar na grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by debosky(m): 4:51pm On May 28, 2013
This might be a personal opinion, but I hold the CL trophies won over 30 years ago in lower regard to those won more recently. Anything before 1980 should be classed differently for historical reasons IMO. It is far more difficult to win CL trophies in quick succession in the modern era than it has ever been.

In the modern era, Bayern and United have only won the CL twice - on that measure they are at par at best.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On May 28, 2013
It's obvious to any two year old that teams In the same league are measured by the league titles and teams I'm different league by the continental trophies
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:53pm On May 28, 2013
Fussbot: Dayo please answer coogar na grin

dem born am well?
these negroes would just concoct rubbish from the corners of their room and come to my section to air their acute stupidity! the premier league is more competitive, we play more competitions and man utd have more trophies than bayern munich - that's the fact!

debosky: This might be a personal opinion, but I hold the CL trophies won over 30 years ago in lower regard to those won more recently. Anything before 1980 should be classed differently for historical reasons IMO. It is far more difficult to win CL trophies in quick succession in the modern era than it has ever been.

In the modern era, Bayern and United have only won the CL twice - on that measure they are at par at best.

debosky, may your days be long!!!
hell, i pray you live longer than methuselah with this insight. how can anyone compare the yeye CL titles bayern won in the 70s to the modern era?

dayokanu: It's obvious to any two year old that teams In the same league are measured by the league titles and teams in different league by the continental trophies

but it was you that stüpidly counted bayern's 23 league titles against united's 20 or is someone suffering from amnesia?

let's look at the latest twist in your debate - teams from different leagues should be measured by continental trophies. in other words, liverpool are better than bayern?

christ, dayokanu's IQ in volts cannot power a torch!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Screwface(m): 4:58pm On May 28, 2013
Ok. Can this Bayernsliga striiiper take some chill pill and leave this thread already?? Like, hello?! It says "Manchester United FAN thread"undecided Too hard to decipher?

Champions of Europe, duely acknowledged and highly deserved, but am thinking you lot should have a thread where you gloat over this achievement. Why bore us with this unneccessary arguments, bikonu?

For Hitler's sake, get off this thread joor! You bore the devil outa me!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 5:06pm On May 28, 2013
Screwface: Ok. Can this Bayernsliga striiiper take some chill pill and leave this thread already?? Like, hello?! It says "Manchester United FAN thread"undecided Too hard to decipher?

Champions of Europe, duely acknowledged and highly deserved, but am thinking you lot should have a thread where you gloat over this achievement. Why bore us with this unneccessary arguments, bikonu?

For Hitler's sake, get off this thread joor! You bore the devil outa me!

don't chase him away - he's getting bodybagged as usual! nor be today i don dey destroy dayokanu.....he's like a cat though, you kill him now and he would resurrect for another ašswhooping next week!!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:07pm On May 28, 2013
debosky: This might be a personal opinion, but I hold the CL trophies won over 30 years ago in lower regard to those won more recently. Anything before 1980 should be classed differently for historical reasons IMO. It is far more difficult to win CL trophies in quick succession in the modern era than it has ever been.

So when discussing world cup when should we make the cut off

Going by your analysis Italy would be at par with Brazil.

We can say players like Pele Cryuff Beckenbauer George Best never existed because they played over 30yrs ago
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 28, 2013
coogar:

Liverpool not winning the league doesn't have a direct co-relation to how strong a league is.
They simply haven't been good enough all these years.
coogar:

The Celtic analogy, my friend is not a very good one to use, because Celtic haven't won anything in Europe in like forever.
Domestic titles don't cannot be enough to flaunt your pedigree. Europe will still remain the benchmark for who is who.
And for real we cannot say whether or not Bayern would achieve anything in the Premiership simply because it hasn't, cannot and will not happen. Again it's tough to compare leagues given that Bayern won theirs with a 25 point margin yet their two top sides were finalists in Europe's premier competition. Which I can conversely view and conclude that the other leagues might as well be substandard if Dortmund were finalists this season.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:09pm On May 28, 2013
coogar:
let's look at the latest twist in your debate - teams from different leagues should be measured by continental trophies. in other words, liverpool are better than bayern?!

How is Liverpool better than Bayern explain

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (14388) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.