Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,031 members, 7,987,682 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:32 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (246) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9272988 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (14439) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2013
@Debosky,

debosky: I never implied not counting all of them - what I was alluding to was the current subject of debate - which is the better club?

Do we judge that with an undue weighting on ancient achievements or do we place more emphasis on achievements within a reasonably competitive era?

Based on your competitive era argument which is the better national team italy or Brazil

You mean the titles won by Pele, Cryuff, George best, beckenbauer are now irrelevant so how many years would it take for the titles won by Ronaldo and Zidane to be discarded?

Can we also say since England and Cyprus have both won nothing in this "new era" in national Team, they are at par?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:34pm On May 29, 2013
dayokanu: @Debosky,
Based on your competitive era argument which is the better national team italy or Brazil

You mean the titles won by Pele, Cryuff, George best, beckenbauer are now irrelevant so how many years would it take for the titles won by Ronaldo and Zidane to be discarded?

Can we also say since England and Cyprus have both won nothing in this "new era" in national Team, they are at par?

brazil are the better team. they have won 5 world cups to italy's 4. then you look at their continental achievements and the brand. no comparison and you shouldn't even put the world cup next to the champions league in what we are trying to achieve.....

apples n oranges!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On May 29, 2013
coogar:

brazil are the better team. they have won 5 world cups to italy's 4. then you look at their continental achievements and the brand. no comparison and you shouldn't even put the world cup next to the champions league in what we are trying to achieve.....

apples n oranges!!

Brazil won 3 of these trophies in the dark ages have you forgotten? When there was No single team from Africa and Asia, So why Call it a "World Cup"
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:45pm On May 29, 2013
dayokanu:
Brazil won 3 of these trophies in the dark ages have you forgotten? When there was No single team from Africa and Asia, So why Call it a "World Cup"

those teams were there when brazil won it in 94 and 2002. asia/africa have actually diluted the quality of the competition. in 2002, germany was the only quality team brazil played on their way to victory...

china, turkey, costa rica, belgium, etc are the other teams. is this not embarrassing? in 1970, brazil beat england, uruguay, italy, etc to win it. as you can see, the quality of opposition then was better!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On May 29, 2013
coogar:

those teams were there when brazil won it in 94 and 2002. asia/africa have actually diluted the quality of the competition. in 2002, germany was the only quality team brazil played on their way to victory...

china, turkey, costa rica, belgium, etc are the other teams. is this not embarrassing? in 1970, brazil beat england, uruguay, italy, etc to win it. as you can see, the quality of opposition then was better!

When man Utd won the Champions league in 1999, they were not even Champions of the English league

In 2008 When Man Utd when they did not play the Champion of any Major league in Europe
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 4:57pm On May 29, 2013
dayokanu:
When man Utd won the Champions league in 1999, they were not even Champions of the English league

that's the beauty of the new format - the 5th best team in england is better than the best team in scotland...this is why i said its tedious to draw parallels between the world cup and the champions league - united mowed down everything that came their way in 99, including the nazis!

united won it unbeaten!

In 2008 When Man Utd when they did not play the Champion of any Major league in Europe

we beat lyon!
the french league is among the top 5 leagues in europe....
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by anyaekekehinde(m): 5:19pm On May 29, 2013
dayokanu:

dayokanu, when did you start watching football, man utd were allready crowned premier league champions befor we went ahead to crush the nazis. We won the treble since 1999, the nazis are just winning it in 2013. Can u beat dat
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:31pm On May 29, 2013
anyaekekehinde:

dayokanu, when did you start watching football, man utd were allready crowned premier league champions befor we went ahead to crush the nazis. We won the treble since 1999, the nazis are just winning it in 2013. Can u beat dat

If you dont understand English ask those who do

Man Utd participated in the 1999 Champions league not as English Champions
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On May 29, 2013
coogar:

that's the beauty of the new format - the 5th best team in england is better than the best team in scotland...this is why i said its tedious to draw parallels between the world cup and the champions league - united mowed down everything that came their way in 99, including the nazis!

united won it unbeaten!

we beat lyon!
the french league is among the top 5 leagues in europe....

French League is at par with Portuguese league and a little better than Cypriot.

The world cup is also more difficult to win now that the times when countries play East indonesia

Italy played US, Spain, Austria and Czech to win the world cup
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 6:39pm On May 29, 2013
dayokanu:
French League is at par with Portuguese league and a little better than Cypriot.

in 2008, they were the 4th best league in europe, even better than bundesliga, you are chatting nonsense. we smacked lyon in 2008, not this year.

The world cup is also more difficult to win now that the times when countries play East indonesia
Italy played US, Spain, Austria and Czech to win the world cup

conveniently forgetting they beat france, germany and spain.....what's gone wrong with your memory?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:01pm On May 29, 2013
Thiago Alcantara is in no hurry to depart Barcelona for Manchester United.

Reports are suggesting that the Man United are keen on the 22-year old midfielder but he says he is only focused on the U21 European Championships with Spain.

"I just live my life and I am very happy, I enjoy it in Barcelona because I have lived through some great times but we will see what happens after the Euros. Any player is used to living with rumours about him and they just cannot affect you." (Source: tribalfootball.com)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:06pm On May 29, 2013
Always well recognised and loved. Manchester United.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:12pm On May 29, 2013
StarBoard:
Copy and paste.
Why not bring out a page supporting your view from goal.com,dailymail.co.uk/sport or telegraph.com?
Try harder man.
Weak a$$ lines you got there, plagiarism genius.

You obviously do not know the meaning of plagiarism. Mr. Argument.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:22pm On May 29, 2013
StarBoard:
Genius at work.
Peeps on this thread already dissected this incident YEARS ago.
You're not telling us anything new, both when you try to be original and when you lift off goal.com
So you're still very shallow and imbecilic.

Born slowpoke like you thinks everyone uses goal.com or relies on goal.com for information.
You obviously think everyone here is trying to impress, so you cannot detect when one uses photograph to buttress his points in discussion. If you are here to impress, keep it up.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:37pm On May 29, 2013
StarBoard:
And this Ninny wants us to believe he is smart when he can't even get his tenses and phrases in order.
The only time you make sense is when you lift off people's work.

Oh you mean you read what a supposed ninny wrote even though it didn't have anything to do with you? That supposed ninny must be very special to get you to read his posts and cause you sleepless nights. There is a word for you, the supposed ninny doesn't even read your post except when you respond to his, because he has since noticed that your posts lack substance and any meaning.

Wait, you want to debate English? Wow! check well you will discover you know nothing about English language and you just made the supposed ninny to realise your weakness and type.

Wait again, who in the right senses will look out for English errors in a casual online informal forum? That again tells the kind of person you are on another level. So it isn't football the supposed ninny doesn't know anymore, it is now English? Has the hate taken you to that level? Who knows what next, may be it would be how many cars? How many qualifications and grade of graduation? How many houses and people sponsored in higher institutions? How fat is the bank account and properties? Please don't let hate cause you high blood pressure, we are here to discuss football. When people leave the topic and start attacking personalities, you know they are already dying and have run out of ideas. Kpele o, sowie.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:54pm On May 29, 2013
Think I'll comeback whe something happens with the club. The thread has descended into a farce.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 8:57pm On May 29, 2013
Mr_TA: Think I'll comeback whe something happens with the club. The thread has descended into a farce.
I tire o my broda!kilode sef!

Summer targets:

Strootman
Fabregas
Wanyama
Bale
Thiago
Fellaini
Baines

Which of dis guys do we need most?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dopeJemi: 9:04pm On May 29, 2013
Fussbot: I tire o my broda!kilode sef!

Summer targets:

Strootman
Fabregas
Wanyama
Bale
Thiago
Fellaini
Baines

Which of dis guys do we need most?
fabregas, thiago or strootman
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:54pm On May 29, 2013
Manchester United tempt Barcelona with £43m
Fabregas & Thiago deal.
Manchester United have identified Cesc Fabregas
and Thiago Alcantara of Barcelona as the answer
to their midfield shortcomings. Former Arsenal
captain, Fabregas, could command upwards of
£25 million, while Thiago is seen as an £18m
option.

Strootman Deal to be announced in couple of Days.
[ ESPN ]

Meanwhile, David Beckham is expected to be officially announced as the global ambassador for Manchester United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 10:11pm On May 29, 2013
debosky:

If you can read and comprehend, you'll understand who 'I' refers to.
Which is why I said 'too bad your opinion doesn't count' in the first place

debosky:

In the modern era, yes I would say so.
Stick to ur modern era I'd stick to what counts which are the record books and they say 5 for Bayern 3 for Utd

debosky:
Of course it is - what is not objective about acknowledging that club football was less competitive in the 70's than it was in the 90's?
Again more subjective opinion

debosky:
I didn't make a cut based on my age. My 'cut' was based on my evaluation of the competitiveness of the competition. This is borne out by the fact that since the 80's you haven't had instances of a single club winning 3 CL titles in a row.
Your evaluation is subjective at best! A single club winning 3 titles in a row could suggest that they where head and shoulders above competition! That's like saying the NBA isn't competitive because Michael Jordan's Bulls won 3 titles in a row twice! Or it isn't competitive cos Kobe and Shaq did the same thing albeit once!
You can't be assuming that it isn't competitive because one team is way better than the rest of the competition

debosky:

I prefaced my post with my personal opinion. Or don't you understand what personal opinion means?

If you don't like it, say so and move on. I'm not forcing you or anyone else to accept my view.
Well its tinged with bias although you are entitled to it

debosky:
You are free to say so - I consider them less regarded compared to winning the title at Anfield in 89, or winning the title against an all conquering Man Utd at OT, or winning the league unbeaten.
Sentiments sentiments sentiments this is why Arsenal was celebrating finishing 4th. Well you are free to regard what you like! It changes nothing
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:46pm On May 29, 2013
Rooney still looking terribly unfit. England better not be relying on him during this summers qualifiers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:07pm On May 29, 2013
^^^ it seems Rooney is even no longer interested in football, a league switch will benefit him as he'll likely be motivated to start all over, DAMN!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:13pm On May 29, 2013
elampiro: Manchester United tempt Barcelona with £43m
Fabregas & Thiago deal.
Manchester United have identified Cesc Fabregas
and Thiago Alcantara of Barcelona as the answer
to their midfield shortcomings. Former Arsenal
captain, Fabregas, could command upwards of
£25 million, while Thiago is seen as an £18m
option.

Strootman Deal to be announced in couple of Days.
[ ESPN ]

Meanwhile, David Beckham is expected to be officially announced as the global ambassador for Manchester United.
Hmm, not raising my d..ick up but if we can get these three midfield players, we will be challenging properly in Europe
Carrick/Anderson - Strootman - Fabregas in midfield
Kagawa - van Persie - Welbeck/Hernandez front line
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Fussbot: 12:30am On May 30, 2013
[/quote]wen did we bid for strootman?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:18pm On May 30, 2013
Everton star Marouane Fellaini insists that former boss David Moyes has not talked to him about the prospect of joining him at Manchester United.

The 25-year-old Belgian international has pledged his immediate future to the Goodison Park

"He got a good offer and I understood why he accepted it, but he never told me he planned to take me to United. Rumours are part of football and I take them with a pinch of salt. Everyone likes that question about Manchester United, but I know of nothing.

"My destiny is with Everton, it's as simple as that. We're talking about one of the biggest clubs in England, the framework is in place and the manager's departure doesn't change anything. I do miss playing in the Champions League but we deserved to win a place in it this year. We were unlucky, Spurs had a good season as well. But it's clear I am very happy where I am. Everything else is waffle." (Source: skysports.com)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 4:00am On May 31, 2013
Some arguements here dey so ABnormal to read pple arguing to favour their opinion...as a utd fan to @cooga & his irks i ask this; since u want to discount trophies of 30yrs ago, then tell me why utd weren't competitive then to achieve success like ajax, bayern, etc did? Maybe if utd had won 4ucl then u will decide not to discount abi?
Na wa 4 talk/opinion

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:12am On May 31, 2013
Gareth Bale was born to play for Real Madrid, claims president Florentino Perez
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 9:27am On May 31, 2013
If Moyes is indeed making enquiries about the likes of FAB4, Thiago etc then he is already on course to being a success story.

Ride on gaffer --- IN MOYES WE TRUST!!!

grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 10:40am On May 31, 2013
debosky:

Sir,

I have not discarded the earlier wins, I have simply said they hold less weight in my opinion. You may disagree with this, but that is your prerogative.

My assertion is based on the level of competition available, not the format of the competition. In the early years, it's hard to dispute that the level of competition was much lower than it was from the 80's onward.

It's just like saying though numerically Liverpool is close to United in terms of league titles won, in the modern era (when it's been far more difficult to win titles) Liverpool is nowhere to be found with regard to league triumphs.
No debo.
You're still discrediting them,even if you attempt to reduce their importance.
Whatever the level of competition at that time, it was still the best for its time.
elampiro:

You obviously do not know the meaning of plagiarism. Mr. Argument.

Enlighten us, Mr. Intelligent.
elampiro:

Born slowpoke like you thinks everyone uses goal.com or relies on goal.com for information.
You obviously think everyone here is trying to impress, so you cannot detect when one uses photograph to buttress his points in discussion. If you are here to impress, keep it up.
Id/iot.
Please shut up if you have nothing else to say.
Go back to the Old Manchester United threads and see where this "picture" evidence you are trying to force down our throats hasn't been dissected and torn to shreds ages ago before you showed up on these pages with your lifting of articles off known websites.You must feel like a genius in your little mind, but you come across as a fool with an in-grown testicle in his brains.
You're still a neophyte.
Try harder abeg.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:14pm On May 31, 2013
StarBoard:
No debo.
You're still discrediting them,even if you attempt to reduce their importance.
Whatever the level of competition at that time, it was still the best for its time.

Enlighten us, Mr. Intelligent.

Id/iot.
Please shut up if you have nothing else to say.
Go back to the Old Manchester United threads and see where this "picture" evidence you are trying to force down our throats hasn't been dissected and torn to shreds ages ago before you showed up on these pages with your lifting of articles off known websites.You must feel like a genius in your little mind, but you come across as a fool with an in-grown testicle in his brains.
You're still a neophyte.
Try harder abeg.

You are a compound fool. You talk like a baby, and you should be a student because you obviously do not have a broadened mind and you lack exposure. How does lifting articles an issue in participating in an online forum? So you are telling me that articles in nairaland and including those making front pages are not lifted? For your information, I have been on nairaland long before you knew it existed. So you have nothing to tell me about nairaland.

Only heaven knows what you are trying to prove. I am doing my thread stuff yanful yanful someone is dying. You said I should try harder, for what or for who? Is Nicole Scherzingher here or Maria Sharapova or fine babes? You are so dull sha.

All the facts being used for arguments here have been known to us for ages, yet are relevant for the purpose for which they are used. So stop hating.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:55pm On May 31, 2013
Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has again declared he doesn't want to sell Cristiano Ronaldo. Ronaldo continues to be linked with Manchester United and PSG.

Perez declared: "I'll do everything in my power to renew his contract. He has two years left on his contract, he is the best in the world and would give a boost to the team with him as a leader, as an emblem.

"I would not sell him for €1,000 million (1 billion euros), we are not a selling club. I would like him to be here until the end of his sporting life, it would be perfect.

"He's a winner and he wants to win titles and many Ballon d'Ors. Real Madrid is the right place for him." (Source: Tribalfootball)

Galatasaray have joined the race for unsettled Luis Nani. Officials from the Turkish club are in England trying to seal a deal for the Portugal winger.

Arsenal and Juventus are also interested but the Turkish champions will meet Nani’s £130,000-a-week­ wage demand.

Nani, 26, is entering the final year of his current United deal. Meanwhile, Italian champions Juventus enquired about United striker Javier Hernandez but were firmly told the Mexican is not for sale. (Source: Dailystar)

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 3:43pm On May 31, 2013
SailorXY: ^^^ it seems Rooney is even no longer interested in football, a league switch will benefit him as he'll likely be motivated to start all over, DAMN!
eyimba would be good for him

(1) (2) (3) ... (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) ... (14439) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: fredoooooo, daharry(m), Lana1(m), odizeey(m), eghos12(m), MRTA7 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.