Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,731 members, 7,875,838 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:54 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (269) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8899129 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (14226) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2013
mukina2: kagawa nice ball .. shocked maida's header direct to buffon

wow a very good chance for Japan ooooo

optimus-prime1:
Kagawa really standing up to the Japanese high expectations... Nice try Kagawa

OmoEziokwu: Nice shot Kagawa

yhemster: KAGAWA is on SUPERCHARGER
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:21pm On Jun 19, 2013
dayokanu: Later person go say he no see Kagawa o.

Abi the Italian team is not strong and physical enough

kagawa is a very intelligent player....
if we know how to pass the ball better, he is a wonderful tool to have. put one touch passers next to him and the rest is smooth sailing!

kagawa scores......
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:32pm On Jun 19, 2013
coogar:

kagawa is a very intelligent player....
if we know how to pass the ball better, he is a wonderful tool to have. put one touch passers next to him and the rest is smooth sailing!

To some people until a player is built like Hulk Hogan he isnt a player.

Left to elampiro he would never play Ozil,as long as he has Heskey and Keywyne Jones with the physicality

Man Utd should sell Kagawa and buy Adebayo Akinfenwa below

KAGAWA strikes again. This go pain some people o. Abi Italy no dey physical enough
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 19, 2013
waohh...Kagawa is tearing italy apart
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2013
dayokanu:

To some people until a player is built like Hulk Hogan he isnt a player.

Left to elampiro he would never play Ozil,as long as he has Heskey and Keywyne Jones with the physicality

Man Utd should sell Kagawa and buy Adebayo Akinfenwa below

KAGAWA strikes again. This go pain some people o. Abi Italy no dey physical enough

he won't play mata, xavi, iniesta, silva, kagawa, oscar, etc.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:02am On Jun 20, 2013
dayokanu: Later person go say he no see Kagawa o.

Abi the Italian team is not strong and physical enough

Kagawa has been good so far despite the goal.

However, the Italians unusually adopted a slow and possessional style of play in this match which suits the Japanese team and Kagawa well. The last 10 minutes of first half saw the Italians raised the tempo and you could see it was difficult for Kagawa.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 12:50am On Jun 20, 2013
So was it that the Italians were not physical enough that made Kagawa shine?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 12:59am On Jun 20, 2013
dayokanu: So was it that the Italians were not physical enough that made Kagawa shine?

Not only Kagawa played well but all Japanese players. Honda was their best man of the night. Kagawa did well on the left which many people said was responsible for his United flop.

Now to answer your question, the Italians played an unusual pattern different from their normal game. They played a slow possessional football and also gave so much space. They were unexpectedly 0-2 down no thanks to bad officiating resulting to a controversial penalty, that alone was enough to cause nervousness to the Italians. The game was not physical or fast paced at all. No EPL team plays that way.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 6:16am On Jun 20, 2013
I hope Rooney is watching.

If he thinks he is "irreplaceable" - he better think again.

@ Elampiro, Kagawa didn't play on the left. He was given a free role and could drift any which way but Zaccheroni also utilised him as an "overload" on that LHS.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:30am On Jun 20, 2013
elampiro:

Not only Kagawa played well but all Japanese players. Honda was their best man of the night. Kagawa did well on the left which many people said was responsible for his United flop.

Now to answer your question, the Italians played an unusual pattern different from their normal game. They played a slow possessional football and also gave so much space. They were unexpectedly 0-2 down no thanks to bad officiating resulting to a controversial penalty, that alone was enough to cause nervousness to the Italians. The game was not physical or fast paced at all. No EPL team plays that way.
i didnt see d match, so i cant really say anyfn about his performance, bt bros, u keep talking about hw physical d EPL is, and hw tsnt suited for kagawa. Hw can u just jump to such a conclusion afta just one season?? Like sme pple pointed out to u earlier.. Wot about dem oscar, mata, silva, etc?? To me, kagawa can be our own david silva; our play dictator, cos, like cooger pointed out, he is an inteligent player!! Playmakers r usually more intelligent dan hw strong dey r physically,bro. He doesnt really nid to add weight, i think what he nids is to adapt more to d intensity of d EPL.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:38am On Jun 20, 2013
This just sad. Diminishing Kagawa just to prop up an overpaid, under-performing Rooney. Rooney who first complained that he wanted to leave because the squad wasn't good enough, and know is complaining because there is more competition for places in his prefered position and he wants playing guarantees he can't win by his performance.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:19am On Jun 20, 2013
dademola: i didnt see d match, so i cant really say anyfn about his performance, bt bros, u keep talking about hw physical d EPL is, and hw tsnt suited for kagawa. Hw can u just jump to such a conclusion afta just one season?? Like sme pple pointed out to u earlier.. Wot about dem oscar, mata, silva, etc?? To me, kagawa can be our own david silva; our play dictator, cos, like cooger pointed out, he is an inteligent player!! Playmakers r usually more intelligent dan hw strong dey r physically,bro. He doesnt really nid to add weight, i think what he nids is to adapt more to d intensity of d EPL.

You people are getting me wrong. I said he didn't cope well in fast paced and physical matches. I was even more on the fast paced. Oscar,Hazard, Silva, Ramires, etc have more pace, power and force to their games. You could see Kagawa went through once yesterday and couldn't advance further with force beyond the defender's reach. A chicharito, Nani, Oscar, Rooney wouldn't have been blocked again.

Again, as I pointed out, it was a slow match with each side trying out possessions. Japanese did better, not just Kagawa alone. The enire Japan team and individual players had a decent outing.

Finally, Kagawa played just like this in our preseason maches last year and flopped in the EPL. I am still watching. I am a fan of all our players, but I make judgment based on what I see and not what to expect.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:22am On Jun 20, 2013
RuuDie: I hope Rooney is watching.

If he thinks he is "irreplaceable" - he better think again.

@ Elampiro, Kagawa didn't play on the left. He was given a free role and could drift any which way but Zaccheroni also utilised him as an "overload" on that LHS.

Over 80% of Kagawa's game yesterday was on the left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 20, 2013
elampiro jumping from pillar to post.
Now looking for statements to stop his leaky faucet of a mouth to justify his gaffe on Kagawa.
Let Moyes give him the free role he had at Dortmund, and we'll see how good Rooney really is.
Kagawa is an excellent player. Fergie had no idea on how to deploy him.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 20, 2013
elampiro:

You people are getting me wrong. I said he didn't cope well in fast paced and physical matches. I was even more on the fast paced. Oscar,Hazard, Silva, Ramires, etc have more pace, power and force to their games. You could see Kagawa went through once yesterday and couldn't advance further with force beyond the defender's reach. A chicharito, Nani, Oscar, Rooney wouldn't have been blocked again.

Again, as I pointed out, it was a slow match with each side trying out possessions. Japanese did better, not just Kagawa alone. The enire Japan team and individual players had a decent outing.

Finally, Kagawa played just like this in our preseason maches last year and flopped in the EPL. I am still watching. I am a fan of all our players, but I make judgment based on what I see and not what to expect.
silva has more pace and power?? I wanna believe u're talking about wots happening in ur PES or FIFA!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:40am On Jun 20, 2013
StarBoard: elampiro jumping from pillar to post.
Now looking for statements to stop his leaky faucet of a mouth to justify his gaffe on Kagawa.
Let Moyes give him the free role he had at Dortmund, and we'll see how good Rooney really is.

What is the pillar to post here? He has only been good at possessional football. Which EPL team will give you the space Japanese had yesterday? Only QPR and our United give such space to opponents to operate. Was Kagawa the best Japenese player? No. Perhaps we could as well import all Japenese players and give them free roles.

Cleverly had problems, blame SAF. Adndrson has problems, blame SAF, Nani and Kagawa have problems blame SAF, Chicharito has problems blame SAF. Yet SAF is the best coach in the world and won the EPL easily with his ideas. What is free role? Who has a free role in current United teams? Kagawa was even on the left yesterday, even one legged Valencia can still be find in the middle. Only Nani seemed to have free role in United.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 20, 2013
elampiro:

silva has more pace and power?? I wanna believe u're talking about wots happening in ur PES or FIFA, or football manager!!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:43am On Jun 20, 2013
dademola: silva has more pace and power?? I wanna believe u're talking about wots happening in ur PES or FIFA!!

Silva clearly has more pace and power. He most often involved in City counter. He runs some yards and release a killer pass to his strikers.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:59am On Jun 20, 2013
Wayne Rooney has been told not to
quit Manchester United by his big
mate Jamie Carragher.
Carragher says Rooney would be
making a big mistake if he left the
champions and wasted the chance to
work under the former Everton chief
again.
''I don't think Wayne Rooney needs to
move on at all. He's playing for one of
the biggest clubs in the world in one
of the best leagues in the world. The
Premier League suits Wayne Rooney
and the way he plays the game.
''Just because someone is a top
player in the Premier League doesn't
mean he will be a top player in
another league.
''It's not just a manager he doesn't
know that is coming in, it's a
manager he has worked with before,
so they both know each other well. I
know they had problems in the past
but I'm sure that has been sorted
out now.
''I don't think David Moyes will want
to come into Manchester United and
lose Wayne Rooney. He will want him
in his team.'' -Jamie Carragher
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:44am On Jun 20, 2013
elampiro:

Over 80% of Kagawa's game yesterday was on the left.

What does it matter... He was the "free" midfielder in the "hole" behind the striker and could go just about anywhere, not the out-n-out left winger.
He dinked in peach of a cross early in the game from the left, pulled a save out of Buffon with a shot from the central midfield and scored from a "right-centralish" position.

As I noted earlier, he mostly went out left to act as an "overload" and skew the shape of the italian defence somewhat!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2013
elampiro:

What is the pillar to post here? He has only been good at possessional football. Which EPL team will give you the space Japanese had yesterday? Only QPR and our United give such space to opponents to operate. Was Kagawa the best Japenese player? No. Perhaps we could as well import all Japenese players and give them free roles.

Cleverly had problems, blame SAF. Adndrson has problems, blame SAF, Nani and Kagawa have problems blame SAF, Chicharito has problems blame SAF. Yet SAF is the best coach in the world and won the EPL easily with his ideas. What is free role? Who has a free role in current United teams? Kagawa was even on the left yesterday, even one legged Valencia can still be find in the middle. Only Nani seemed to have free role in United.

The "free role" is the position Rooney's been given lately and has been doing remarkably piss poorly at!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:06am On Jun 20, 2013
RuuDie:

What does it matter... He was the "free" midfielder in the "hole" behind the striker and could go just about anywhere, not the out-n-out left winger.
He dinked in peach of a cross early in the game from the left, pulled a save out of Buffon with a shot from the central midfield and scored from a "right-centralish" position.

As I noted earlier, he mostly went out left to act as an "overload" and skew the shape of the italian defence somewhat!

Like 90% Kagawa was on the left. He only went to the middle as Velencia or Young would do at times.

A certain Honda was the most magnificent man for Japan last night. He played the central role and also roamed the whole forward line.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:08am On Jun 20, 2013
RuuDie:

The "free role" is the position Rooney's been given lately and has been doing remarkably piss poorly at!

Kagawa played same role as Rooney for United in many matches and he flopped. He was also the one given the Rooney's role in Madrid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:21am On Jun 20, 2013
@Coogar pls can u get a gif of Kagawa's volley cheesy
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 9:28am On Jun 20, 2013
elampiro:

Kagawa played same role as Rooney for United in many matches and he flopped. He was also the one given the Rooney's role in Madrid.

Why don't you give credit to Kagawa for upping his game against the italians and even discrediting your views about his game, instead you are giving excuses like the the italians practically allowed him(kagawa) to shine. If he had had a stinker of a game you will be the first to point out how he would be a flop assuming the role of your beloved Rooney in UNITED.

To justify your love for Rooney you amplify his efforts in the NT as a player of immense quality, but when Kagawa does same for his NT its that the opposition gave him leeway.

Rooney should realise that there is competition for positions and only his improve performance will guaranty him a starting place regardless of his weekly wage.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:37am On Jun 20, 2013
coded guy:

Why don't you give credit to Kagawa for upping his game against the italians and even discrediting your views about his game, instead you are giving excuses like the the italians practically allowed him(kagawa) to shine. If he had had a stinker of a game you will be the first to point out how he would be a flop assuming the role of your beloved Rooney in UNITED.

To justify your love for Rooney you amplify his efforts in the NT as a player of immense quality, but when Kagawa does same for his NT its that the opposition gave him leeway.

Rooney should realise that there is competition for positions and only his improve performance will guaranty him a starting place regardless of his weekly wage.

I am not disputing any fact that Kagawa had a very good game. I have never removed element of benefit of doubt. I am only analyzing the current which is ''I will still watch him further''.

I was happy for him last night as a United fan. But we are judging an all round play of our players, so I won't join you guys in your bolt yet as he being the 'Messiah'. That's my point.

He made deft touches last night and was a nightmare to the Italians. Despite the slow game, it was still an Italian senior side. That's in my stomach already and for future reference.

NB: I have already noted on this thread that he has good foot work and good at possessional play.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:08am On Jun 20, 2013
SailorXY: @Coogar pls can u get a gif of Kagawa's volley cheesy

StarBoard: elampiro jumping from pillar to post. Now looking for statements to stop his leaky faucet of a mouth to justify his gaffe on Kagawa.

fergie's ideas were too obsolete!
all the football pundits claimed yesterday's game was the best they have seen in years with the quality of football displayed by japan. the transition of the ball by japanese players was almost better than barca's! rooney is a mechanical player. no flair, just blood and thunder brutish style of football. rooney should go to stoke fc!

it's now very clear kagawa is more suited to the ball to feet low passes than the hoof it in the air football most of our players love to do. i think rooney should go, surround kagawa with one touch passers of the ball(cleverley, anderson, carrick, thiago/cesc) and we would be very fine.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:19am On Jun 20, 2013
Even Nigeria vs Morocco in 2005 U-20 had better fair than Barca.

Look at the praise of losers Japanese team which played kindergarten football against Brazil. Did we see Kagawa against power playing Brazil? Look at a 21 year old Neyman. People are hoping for a 24 years old to mature when his mates were already great men in EPL at 16. Italians made it easy for Japan just as United did against Athletic Madrid. Period.

Imagine the comment about SAF, the best coach ever. The best in EPL till he left.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:24am On Jun 20, 2013
elampiro:

6 goals, 4 assists in 17 starts? flop?
you must have loads of problem in simple arithmetic. rooney was worse than kagawa last season and contrary to your claims, it was kagawa that won the MOTM last night, not honda. did you even watch the game?

kagawa operated as a free role winger(interiore) - just like ronaldo does. his starting position was on the left but he could drift anywhere as the game dictates. he destroyed his marker(maggio) from start to finish! he had more touches(103) than any other player on the pitch. he created three scoring chances, 80 pass attempts (the most in the match) at an 85% success rate, and five total shot attempts.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:32am On Jun 20, 2013
coogar:

6 goals, 4 assists in 17 starts? flop?
you must have loads of problem in simple arithmetic. rooney was worse than kagawa last season and contrary to your claims, it was kagawa that won the MOTM last night, not honda. did you even watch the game?

kagawa operated as a free role winger(interiore) - just like ronaldo does. his starting position was on the left but he could drift anywhere as the game dictates. he destroyed his marker from start to finish! he had more touches than any other player on the pitch.

6 goals in 17 start? That is the poorest we have seen at United for any striker. Did he even score a UCL goal? Rooney had harick on his debut as a tenager. We know them when young not old age of 24.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by coogar: 10:42am On Jun 20, 2013
elampiro:
6 goals in 17 start? That is the poorest we have seen at United for any striker. Did he even score a UCL goal? Rooney had harick on his debut as a tenager. We know them when young not old age of 24.

kagawa is a striker?
when has kagawa ever played as a striker? you don't watch football, you listen to radio commentary. kagawa that fergie left on the left wing and jurgen klopp was crying for the way fergie mismanaged him.

klopp said: “Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United, on the left wing. My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes. Central midfield is Shinji’s best role.”

“He’s an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw. But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man United than Dortmund.”

“We cried for 20 minutes in each others’ arms when he left. One year before that Nuri Sahin went because Real Madrid is the biggest club in the world. If players are patient enough, we can develop the team into one of the biggest in the world.”
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Pataki: 10:44am On Jun 20, 2013
Kagawa was a nuisance to the Italians yesterday. His first half performance was simply breathtaking! All I could ask myself was, is this the same Kagawa, Fergie under-utilized in ManU?

Hope Moyes makes the same mistake as Fergie this new season! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) ... (14226) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.