Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,086 members, 7,970,324 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:56 AM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9221414 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (14414) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:11pm On Jul 04, 2013
I believe Giggs will one day coach Manchester United.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 10:22pm On Jul 04, 2013
Barthez was always an erratic goal keeper right from his pre bald Marseille days.he was an excellent shot stopper and no GK could pick a team mate with either arm or leg from 50 yards away like Barthez. However he was the most diabolically insane goal keeper who could manufacture goals out of thin air for the opponents like none other.that Deportivo goal still gives me tinnitus i tell u
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 4:45am On Jul 05, 2013
afrodoc: Barthez was always an erratic goal keeper right from his pre bald Marseille days.he was an excellent shot stopper and no GK could pick a team mate with either arm or leg from 50 yards away like Barthez. However he was the most diabolically insane goal keeper who could manufacture goals out of thin air for the opponents like none other.that Deportivo goal still gives me tinnitus i tell u

Bros why you dey like to dissapear like that? Come here more often with more original thoughts instead of the copy and paste that fills this pages nowadays

Barthez was a fantastic shot stopper but he was full of errors that its comical. You can e guaranteed Barthez would drop a clanger at the most unpredictable time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:23am On Jul 05, 2013
This Thiago is tiring. Its not even like he will solve all our problems, sign him now or move on to others. I have never seen a straight forward release clause transfer take this long.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:33am On Jul 05, 2013
Agent: Nani could leave Manchester United but right now “the waters are calm”
Kyle Bonn Jul 4, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
Leave a comment

Reuters
Nani’s agent Jorge Mendes has opened the door for Nani to leave Manchester United this summer, singling out Roma as a possible destination.

Speaking to Italian radio station Radio Mana Mana, Mendes said, “He’s a good football player and the whole world knows it. Will he go to Roma? Why not? Serie A is one of the best leagues in the world and Rome is a beautiful city.”

“We constantly talk about the possibility of a transfer, but in the end, he always seems to stay at Manchester United. There is the possibility that he will leave. At the moment, nothing is concrete, the waters are calm. It depends on which players interest Manchester United.”

There have been rumblings that Nani is on his way out of Old Trafford for a little while now, but he’s already ruled out a return home to Portugal, saying his skill level is too good for the clubs there.

With just a year left on the 26-year-old winger’s contract, those rumors have often pointed to a smattering of clubs in Italy, with Juventus Napoli, and Roma topping that list.

Any movement on this transfer will probably take a while, with Nani waiting to see who United bring in and if they send young winger Wilfried Zaha out on loan.

Nani signed with Manchester United in 2007 following a £17 million ($25.6 million) move from Sporting Lisbon. He’s made 216 appearances across all competitions for the Red Devils, scoring 39 goals and assisting 73 others. Last season, however, he made just 11 Premier League appearances and scored just one goal with three assists.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/04/agent-nani-could-leave-manchester-united-but-right-now-the-waters-are-calm/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

So Nani's staying is dependant on who is coming. That guy always fear competition. That has been his greatest undoing. He doesn't play well when Valencia is fit.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:45am On Jul 05, 2013
Well, let's see DM's press conference with Vidic in d evening 2day. He needs 2 clear d air on some issues like Rooney, n Thiago or our CM.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:47am On Jul 05, 2013
dayokanu:

Bros why you dey like to dissapear like that? Come here more often with more original thoughts instead of the copy and paste that fills this pages nowadays

Barthez was a fantastic shot stopper but he was full of errors that its comical. You can e guaranteed Barthez would drop a clanger at the most unpredictable time

The bold part refers: What can be more original than the comment of the highest professionals who play the game or who coach the biggest teams, etc? They help us know which direction this transfers are headed in this time of no league football. There are a lot we can learn from their comments. Except if we don't want to add knowledge but instead want to stick to our subjected views about the game, we are only fans and as such are our knowledge is limited.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:48am On Jul 05, 2013
chrisley024: Well, let's see DM's press conference with Vidic in d evening 2day. He needs 2 clear d air on some issues like Rooney, n Thiago or our CM.

Yes, you are correct. May be many rumours will be laid to rest today and fans given a sense of direction on where things are headed.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:24am On Jul 05, 2013
Leh dey press conference beqin already cuz I am tired of all dead rumours
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:16am On Jul 05, 2013
Garay, Thiago, Banes.

CR7, Bale

Rooney, Evra, Nani.

These are the speculations. So Moyes speak.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 4:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
DAVID MOYES'S NEWS CONFERENCE
David Moyes: "I feel incredibly privileged that I was given the opportunity. I was grateful to Sir Alex and the board for making that happen. I knew nothing about the job until Sir Alex gave me the call and asked me and the first thing he said was he was retiring and then he said, 'You're the next manager', and that was enough. I was shocked."

David Moyes: "All I can do is do what David Moyes has done before. I'll continue the traditions of the club. I am very fortunate that I am taking over the champions of England and I do hope that I can do a great job here in time."

More from David Moyes on Wayne Rooney: "Wayne Rooney will not be sold by Manchester United. We have spoken several times and what has happened before has gone now.

"We are working together now. I have seen a bit of a glint in his eye. He looks very happy and looks as if he's going to knuckle down."

David Moyes says Wayne Rooney is not for sale.

"He's a Manchester United player and will remain a Manchester United player," he says.

"I have known Wayne since he was 16, when he was at Everton. It is a little bit of deja vu. He is training really well, he is coming back in good shape and I am looking forward to working with him."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 4:10pm On Jul 05, 2013
David Moyes: "I do not know what those two gentleman said - Sir Alex Ferguson and Wayne Rooney. That conversation was private and as far as I am concerned I am looking forward to working with Wayne. I can categorically tell you that Wayne Rooney has trained fantastically well since I've been here. Wayne won't be sold by Manchester United."

Manchester United captain Nemanja Vidic: "When the gaffer decided to retire, I was surprised. The players had respect for the manager at Everton and we are looking forward to working with him. The players are training well and they are excited about working with him."

David Moyes: "I hope Sir Alex Ferguson is sitting in the directors' box. He's been so good. I've already called him for advice a couple of times on a couple of matters. I asked coach Rene (Meulensteen) to stay but he felt it was fair on me to go it alone. (Sir Alex) is not there to pressure me. The Glazers have been great since I got here and so has the new chief executive Edward Woodward."

David Moyes on Europe: "I'm inexperienced in a lot of those things and they could have brought someone in who was more experienced, but the biggest confidence I got was Sir Alex saying to me 'You're the next Manchester United manager'."

David Moyes: "I spoke with Paul Scholes as well, he felt he wanted to have some time off with his family. I felt the right person was Ryan Giggs and he has been great. He has been on his Uefa pro licence course, he is taking steps forward and to get him and Phil Neville together is great."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bxg(m): 4:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
Y do i get d sense fergie is still the manager nawa
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
Thanks Emperoh.

So why couldn't Wayne say these things himself? Making us to guess ever since. Well, may be if he had spoken he would have miss fired and by now SAF would have asked the club to sack him. Better this way.

Scholes should show some ambition. He will be there and Giggs will be next Guardiola
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
David Moyes: "I've been really impressed by the attitude of this set of players. They've been total professionals. It's a really tough start (to the season) but you have to play everyone twice, but I've never seen a Manchester United side get a tougher start to a season. I told the players that I was surprised that Sir Alex was retiring but I told them he wanted me to take the job."

David Moyes: "He [Sir Alex Ferguson] said you've got a very big player there [in Wayne Rooney], who has made a big impact in games but all the things he said about the squad were positive."

David Moyes: "Success is tattooed right across the badge of this club. My job is to continue that. This club is about winning trophies. I'm driven to try and succeed, I'm determined to get the first one on the board.

"They had a great season in the Premier League last season - Manchester United. We will do everything we can to add to it. They've always gone after the best players. I'm looking forward to being given that challenge."

David Moyes: "I know what I've got and I know the job in hand but I am sure when Sir Alex Ferguson took over he knew the job in hand too. But he has left me a squad that is capable of winning the Premier League title."

David Moyes: "I will never speak about players at other clubs. I think it's wrong. But this club is always interested in the best players."

Nemanja Vidic: "Players are going to increase their work. David has worked in the Premier League and he knows the players but the players still have something to prove to him. You're playing for Manchester United and there is always pressure on the players and we have to work hard and help the manager achieve what he wants."

David Moyes: "I'll be new to a lot of supporters. This a new era but Sir Alex Ferguson will never go away. He'll always be here - you can see his statue, you can see his stand, and he's certainly someone I'll go to. Hopefully, the supporters will realise it was his time to finish and time for someone else."

David Moyes: "I'm really happy to see Jose [Mourinho] back in the Premier League. For the first time there has been a big shake-up in the Premier League and I'm looking forward to being involved in it."

David Moyes on Premier League rivals: "There will be improvement from all the clubs. I'm pleased to see Jose (Mourinho) back. He's been very successful and he's someone everyone will enjoy having back in the Premier League. I've come across (Manuel) Pellegrini a couple of times at Villarreal and Malaga. It's the first time there's been a real shake-up and it will be new to a lot of clubs. There's a lot of things unknown about how things will pan out.

"Finally, Bill Kenwright has been fantastic over my time at Everton. They've got a very good team and players. All I can say is 'thanks', they've been very good to me."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:28pm On Jul 05, 2013
bxg: Y do i get d sense fergie is still the manager nawa

SAF has said he will not be involved in the dressing room. Moyes is doing the right things so far as to consult with SAF.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2013
David Moyes: "I want to get Rooney to the levels I know he's capable of. I can tell you categorically tell you that he's training well. "

All the Barca, Chelsea, Madrid, Arsenal and PSG can now go and rest.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by bxg(m): 4:33pm On Jul 05, 2013
elampiro: Thanks Emperoh.

So why couldn't Wayne say these things himself? Making us to guess ever since. Well, may be if he had spoken he would have missed fire and by now SAF would have asked the club to sack him. Better this way.

Scholes should show some ambition. He will be there and Giggs will be next Guardiola

Not Everybody is interested in being a manager......He has tried let his family enjoy im lol
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 4:36pm On Jul 05, 2013
bxg:

Not Everybody is interested in being a manager......He has tried let his family enjoy im lol

Scholes doesn't believe in too much money or fame. I like him and his humility.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Emperoh(m): 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2013
That concludes David Moyes's first news conference as Manchester United manager. The former Everton bos shakes the hands of a number of the gathered media before exiting.

Thoughts on the Moyes's first comments? Happy to hear that Wayne Rooney is not for sale? Have your say, #bbcsportsday

lET THE COMMENTS FLOW IN

No Alcantara, no signing indications. . . . . . what's next?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2013
Europe may nt be rossy 4 a long time.
Doesn't cancel out d probability of Rooney leaving now.
Say sth abt our midfield. Dat's my biggest concern.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2013
My question is why DM or Vidic couldn't answer the question on whether Rooney has said he wants 2 stay?. Instead they were swerving it. DM said Rooney will not be sold while Vidic answered Rooney has been in good form training well.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
^^ Because the situation is still fluid.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:12pm On Jul 05, 2013
Lol! Nani with a nose job! From holiday?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2013
I am not convinced the Rooney issue is resolved yet. No confirmation that Rooney himself has said he wants to stay.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:05pm On Jul 05, 2013
Manchester United manager David Moyes says it is unlikely that the club will sign new players before the start of their pre-season tour. Moyes concedes that time is against him in his search for new arrivals before they depart.

"I'll try but I couldn't honestly say yes. I will try if possible. Time is closing in a little bit just now,

"The way the transfer window is, I think things might be done a little bit later in some cases this year. Partly because there are quite a few new managers in, as well, I don't think everybody will be done right away. In the ideal position we'd get players in right away.

"We will do everything we can to add to the squad. This club is always interested in the best players, this club has done it. We'll do everything we can to make sure we remain at the top."
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:12pm On Jul 05, 2013
Cristiano Ronaldo confirms he wants to stay in Madrid
Kyle Bonn Jul 5, 2013, 4:43 PM EDT
Leave a comment

Getty Images
With a new contract at Real Madrid still on the offer table unsigned, rumors have been flourishing that Cristiano Ronaldo could be headed back to England to Manchester United where he enjoyed six prolific seasons.

Having last week admitted he missed English soccer – and sending the media into a rumor tizzy in the process – Ronaldo has now moved to dismiss those rumors, stating his intentions are to stay in La Liga as long as possible.

“My future, it’s at Real Madrid and I want to be there.” Ronaldo said, speaking at a gala in Monaco. “I’ve played in Spain for four years so I want to continue there.” Pretty straightforward, that.

The 28-year-old Portugese superstar said it will be no different than any other year in Madrid. “Things are going to be the same. I will try to be focused every time to try to win La Liga and try to win the Champions League like we always do.”

Ronaldo did, however, reaffirm his admiration for Manchester United, the club he rose to great heights with. “It’s a club that’s been in my heart since I was there, so everyone knows I have a passion for that club.”

Of course the rumors won’t end until he puts pen to paper, but it’s seemed all along that Ronaldo’s first choice has been to stay put in Spain.

Newly-appointed Manchester United manager David Moyes, speaking with his new club for the first time, did nothing to quell the rumors of a Ronaldo return. When prompted on the subject, he simply said, “I’ll try to answer as many questions as I can. But when people are under contract at other clubs, it’s wrong to talk about them. But this club are always interested in the best players.”
http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/05/cristiano-ronaldo-confirms-he-wants-to-stay-in-madrid/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
For lovers of statistics. I am not a fan of stat.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 11:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
I don't think anyone here expected him to say Rooney is for sale, if he does that, any potential suitor will try to drive the price to its lowest possible figure... There is politics in the game as well. I think, depending on the success of acquisition of player-targets on the wish list, will offers for Rooney be entertained or dismissed. The player himself has no open stand about his future at the moment.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:09am On Jul 07, 2013
SailorXY: I don't think anyone here expected him to say Rooney is for sale, if he does that, any potential suitor will try to drive the price to its lowest possible figure... There is politics in the game as well. I think, depending on the success of acquisition of player-targets on the wish list, will offers for Rooney be entertained or dismissed. The player himself has no open stand about his future at the moment.

If he really wants to go there will be nothing the club will do to stop him. It will be left for the club to buy some more quality players. For instance, if Ronaldo really wants to leave Madrid today, the club will have no option, they can only try hard to convince him to stay. Club can only try so hard to convince players to stay.

We wait as things unfold in the coming days and weeks. However, I have already taken it that Rooney is staying and Ronaldo is not coming. I believe over 80 percent that Thiago is coming. Then I want to believe United will chase Bale. The other three possibles are Garay, Baines and Strootman while I can predict every member of the team staying till at least January. I think Nani, Evra, and any players whose positions are threatened will want to wait around and see what happens before they move. My thought.

Finally there is a point we all appear to miss out. Rooney has never told the press or public that he is leaving the club. So why do we expect him to come and say something about that? Coming to say something about it will be validating SAF's position that he actually requested for a transfer. If he comes out to say he isn't going anywhere the media will press further to want to find out if SAF lied. If he says he wants to go, then it will be bad for him if at end he changes his mind. It is complicated. The club opened doors for speculation and the club has closed the door again. Till any news to the contrary, I speculate no more.

So far I have not even read anywhere Rooney said he wasn't/ isn't happy at United. The only thing I read in the paper was that in April he was offered a new four year contract extension but he refused to sign, but it was still all media stuff.
As for me my mind is made up, I will be watching Rooney at Old Trafford next season just as David Gill said. I have already drank champagne and ate isiewu on top of Moyes comment. They better keep things that way when the new season starts.

Now time to prepare and enjoy preseason as Moyes kick start.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:59am On Jul 07, 2013
Olympic sprint legend Usain Bolt’s dream of playing for Manchester United is to come true at pal Rio Ferdinand’s testimonial next month.

The world’s fastest man will pull on a Red Devil’s shirt for the match against Seville at Old Trafford.

A source said: “Usain has finally got his wish and he’ll be lining up alongside Rio. It should be quite a game. It will be fascinating to see if Usain’s speed will be matched by his passing and ball control.”

Bolt’s selection for the August 9th friendly is expected to be announced by the club next week. (Source: The Mirror)

Hope this is not the surprise Ferdinand was referring to the other time? grin grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2013
David Moyes has revealed the ­secrecy involved in his move to ­Manchester United was so great that he couldn’t even tell his children

And Moyes also disclosed his embarrassment at turning up at Sir Alex Ferguson’s house dressed in jeans and a T-shirt, never thinking that he was about to be told: “You’re the new manager of Manchester United.”

“This has been one of the strangest weeks of my career, after spending the last 11 years driving in to Everton’s training ground. But the period at the end of the ­season was the hardest.

“I was ­preparing for our match against Liverpool on the Sunday, knowing that if things went well we would have a great chance of finishing above them. Then on the Thursday of that week I got the call. I was out ­shopping with my wife when Sir Alex rang.

“It had been my 50th birthday the ­previous week and my wife had bought me a watch. It needed a link taking out and we were in Altrincham.

“Sir Alex called and said, ‘Where are you? Can you drop round to my house?’ We were having lunch and I told her I had to go and see Sir Alex – he obviously wanted to sign one of my players at Everton, or he had a player who he was ­prepared to let me have on loan.

“I was wearing jeans and a T-shirt – I would never normally go to his house dressed like that. I dropped my wife off at Cheadle ­Royal shopping centre and headed to Sir Alex’s home in Wilmslow.

“He took me upstairs, made me a cup of tea then said, ‘I’m retiring next week and you are the next manager of Manchester United’. He then said I could tell only one person – my wife. I couldn’t even tell my kids, that’s how big a secret it was.

“When I picked up my wife I gave her the news and I can’t repeat what she said.” (Source: Daily Star)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (14414) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.