Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,595 members, 7,941,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 09:56 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9125033 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (14360) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 7:34am On Jul 10, 2013
SailorXY:
Hmmm hardly vindictive. If price is the issue here, what about the guys that have buyout clause & won't mind joining Man Utd? *Thiago & Fellaini at least* Just activate it & BINGO! All these speculations may be propelled from the Glazer family to get fans excited & buy tickets in anticipation of great talents joining the club. The funny part is that you can deceive some people sometimes but can't deceive everyone every time. I still hear an improved bid will be returned to Everton for Baines.... Shake My Black Dcck Vigorously
What marvels me is why we buy players 4 positions we're ok in. Varela for what? And now Baines? These are not our priority. SAF that claimed we're ok in the mid was playing a CB in our mid. Maybe they see this team in a way we fans don't.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 7:44am On Jul 10, 2013
chrisley024: What marvels me is why we buy players 4 positions we're ok in. Varela for what? And now Baines? These are not our priority. SAF that claimed we're ok in the mid was playing a CB in our mid. Maybe they see this team in a way we fans don't.
Or maybe they just love to deceive themselves continuously grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 8:28am On Jul 10, 2013
The gaffer knows best...no shaking as far as I'm concerned!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 8:47am On Jul 10, 2013
What I know is that Moyes midfield doesn't leak, instead it dominates. If he doesn't bring anyone it is because he is confident he can do it with Carrick, Claverly and Anderson. Fletcher is not completely gone too. At worst, he will wait to see how these guys play and bring someone in January.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 8:59am On Jul 10, 2013
chamotex:

Where did you hear that?

In a sport programme, can't really remember which one now. But it was also reported the he Thiago is really willing to play for UNITED and wishes that the clubs finalize a deal.

What is holding it up is what I don't really understand. Maybe Barca are the one stalling on d deal, but with the way UNITED has been going about other prospect, one can't say.

Thiago, strootman and Garay were seriously linked to us which even if we have signed just one of these guys would reduce the anxious expectations in our midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:01am On Jul 10, 2013
RuuDie: The gaffer knows best...no shaking as far as I'm concerned!
We've been hearing that for close to 5yrs! Our lack in mid has made our football boring and too predictable. If DM doesn't strengthen his mid, he'll fail woefully cos he lacks such Fergie's touch.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:35am On Jul 10, 2013
RuuDie: The gaffer knows best...no shaking as far as I'm concerned!
Hahahaha no be today nyash don perch for back na, e don taaaay
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:19am On Jul 10, 2013
Something tells me the club is working on Bale deal. We might just see a late big deal as we saw in RVP last season and then other clubs will be shivering again.

The club might just be shuffling a lot of options now based on budget.

CR7 is an option or was an option. Thiago said come and get me, but Barca won't let go easily. Strootman might just be a media stuff. The club technical team have to be sure he will suit in. As some options are closing, then alternatives are considered based on budget. Every team has a set of players they want, a coach doesn't just rush in because of media speculation or fans pressure.

SAF said two players were being worked on by the club since January. Who are these two bodies? He mentioned a major transfer and a young player. I personally believed this major transfer was either CRZ or Bale. All British big guys are saying Bale should remain in England, and United and City are the only clubs linked to him while Madrid is the outside club and major contender. Clhoe Everton was the first to announce Giggs will be coach. Then she added that Bale will join United. Could she be right? I pray so.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
Vidic not in the squad for the tour. RVP and Kagawa to join the tour later.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 1:14pm On Jul 10, 2013
^Giggs becoming a coach was never news, everyone knew he had ambitions with his coaching courses well publicized!
No one will say no to Bale, but does it strike the right balance the club glaringly needs? This team is not as bad as the media make out, but the fact is Manchester United is just two technical & consistent CM/CDM from world domination if everyone stays put with the exemption of Ashley Young...forget Bale or Ronaldo or Zidane. It is even a joke for the club to state anything contrary, a blind man can see this. This is all the fans clamor for which isn't too much to ask, & its been 6 years still counting
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
Stop dreaming. There is zero chance of Bale or CR coming to united.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
SailorXY: ^Giggs becoming a coach was never news, everyone knew he had ambitions with his coaching courses well publicized!
No one will say no to Bale, but does it strike the right balance the club glaringly needs? This team is not as bad as the media make out, but the fact is Manchester United is just two technical & consistent CM/CDM from world domination if everyone stays put with the exemption of Ashley Young...forget Bale or Ronaldo or Zidane. It is even a joke for the club to state anything contrary, a blind man can see this. This is all the fans clamor for which isn't too much to ask, & its been 6 years still counting

Giggs was known to be on coaching course but no one knew he would be in United coaching crew in 2013/14 season. Chloe Everton was the first to mention it. Everyone knew he signed a new one year deal, and SAF said Scholes would retire and drafted to coaching but he was silent on Giggs.

Although Bale is not a natural midfielder he can play from midfield, even defensive midfield.

I believe Moyes knows what to do. Lets watch. He saw United from the outside, even better than us. So he will know who to bring and how to balance things out. I want to believe that. There is still about 6 weeks to go.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
Mr_TA: Stop dreaming. There is zero chance of Bale or CR coming to united.

At this time last year, there was a zero chance of RVP coming.

If the money is there Bale will come.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 1:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
Set to fly.

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 2:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
Strootman might be signing for AS Roma
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 3:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
dayokanu: Strootman might be signing for AS Roma

I doubt now if United ever wanted him. Fans and media will always speculate but the people running the club have their targets and priorities. It's only when their major targets don't work out that they come down to other players. Nasri wanted United over City but the urge to get Sneijder caused a a destraction that City moved in faster.

Moyes has said that some things are confidential. So let's wait and see. We remember the case of Ronaldinho, so it's cool to be quiet if there are good deals being worked on.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
No strootman? #moyesout angry
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
This is why SAF wanted Moyes, because he knew Moyes would be just as stubborn as him in refusing to reinforce our midfield.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by codedguy1(m): 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2013
elampiro: Set to fly.

Where is chris smalling on the tour list?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
Here is a good article which explains whya possible deal for Thiago isn't as straight forward as some may think I got from MU forum.

http://www.trulyreds.com/20130710 /why-thiagos-release-clause-is-so- complicated/?utm_source=feedburner& utm_medium=feed& utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TrulyRed+%28T he+Manchester+United+fans+blog+%29
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
elampiro: Something tells me the club is working on Bale deal. We might just see a late big deal as we saw in RVP last season and then other clubs will be shivering again.
Then she added that Bale will join United. Could she be right? I pray so.
Abeg o has it gotten so so bad that utd (like arss.nal fans) would be celebrating the capture of a Bale, the media-hype? When did it get to this level of celebrating mediocrity ehn? Abi he is the messiah utd are looking for? How can a boy that shone from the ending of jan to april be the soln to utd's CM & DM?
We are talking of the #UCL you are mentioning shivering clubs...plz list the shivering clubs for me? Is it chelsink, citi or what?
Choi this is not the utd i use to know maybe i should blame the debts @ the glazzers table & fergie inclusive.
These days i see fans HAPPY that felaini/baines are been linked to utd of all teams?
Na wa o
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 10:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
chrisley024: Here is a good article which explains whya possible deal for Thiago isn't as straight forward as some may think I got from MU forum.

http://www.trulyreds.com/20130710 /why-thiagos-release-clause-is-so- complicated/?utm_source=feedburner& utm_medium=feed& utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TrulyRed+%28T he+Manchester+United+fans+blog+%29

Not buying it. When Bayern activated Martinez release clause it was not this complicated and Bilbao were desperate to keep him. Bayern were foreign club so why wasn't theirs long and drawn out. Likely is that Thiago is either stalling or United are for some reason trying to do this as amicably as possible. My gut tells me its the first scenario.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
coded guy:

In a sport programme, can't really remember which one now. But it was also reported the he Thiago is really willing to play for UNITED and wishes that the clubs finalize a deal.

What is holding it up is what I don't really understand. Maybe Barca are the one stalling on d deal, but with the way UNITED has been going about other prospect, one can't say.

Thiago, strootman and Garay were seriously linked to us which even if we have signed just one of these guys would reduce the anxious expectations in our midfield.

The deal has never been close at any point since no offer has been made...it's just speculation.
The whole thing about the clause in his contract can't actually be triggered until the 1st of August.
Maybe that's when a bid might actually be tabled.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
coded guy:

Where is chris smalling on the tour list?

Smalling is not fit
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 10:10pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ummm... undecided **Sitdon look mode activated**
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 10:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
You guys should chill.
Cos we haven't signed a CM now doesn't mean we wouldn't sign any.
Of course it would be ideal to get all your signings early but that isn't always the case for most managers.
It's just the start of July.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
So Thiago has finally decided to join Bayern on a €4m annual salary, Strootman heads to Roma after a €20m transfer fee been agreed That's sad.
So all this 'we are working hard behind the scene' Moyes has been saying ever since has been absolute dross.. This Albino Moyes is beginning to piss me off...
Make I siddon dey look like SailorXY
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 11:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ogbeche77: So Thiago has finally decided to join Bayern... That's sad.
So all this 'we are working hard behind the scene' Moyes has been saying ever since has been absolute dross.. Hmmmm
Make I siddon dey look

Where you dey get your news from My Ogbeche wey use Bicycle kick enter national team
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Where you dey get your news from My Ogbeche wey use Bicycle kick enter national team
lol.. Like say you sabi how I take get that nickname, it all over twitter now, even trending in Germany, the source seems reliable, will be shocked if its wrong
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 12:10am On Jul 11, 2013
Ogbeche77: lol.. Like say you sabi how I take get that nickname, it all over twitter now, even trending in Germany, the source seems reliable, will be shocked if its wrong

I have seen it I think its from a Spanish media house COPE

Hoping its false though because Bayern doesnt need Thiago
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:28am On Jul 11, 2013
Alaba_Slim:
Abeg o has it gotten so so bad that utd (like arss.nal fans) would be celebrating the capture of a Bale, the media-hype? When did it get to this level of celebrating mediocrity ehn? Abi he is the messiah utd are looking for? How can a boy that shone from the ending of jan to april be the soln to utd's CM & DM?
We are talking of the #UCL you are mentioning shivering clubs...plz list the shivering clubs for me? Is it chelsink, citi or what?
Choi this is not the utd i use to know maybe i should blame the debts @ the glazzers table & fergie inclusive.
These days i see fans HAPPY that felaini/baines are been linked to utd of all teams?
Na wa o

Mr man, Bale has been around in the past three years and also made wave in UCL with a small club as Totteham. If not for injury he would even have done more.

People were calling Neymar media hype until he proved them wrong now. Madrid said they can break the bank for Bale and even pay more than what they spent on Ronaldo.

Bale just made shortlist of European best player award.

I wonder why many people here unnecessarily dislike British players and call them over hype. Like a news word they just learnt 'hype'.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:33am On Jul 11, 2013
Best player award short list. Final 10.

The shortlist:

Gareth Bale (Wales) - Tottenham

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden) - Paris St-Germain

Robert Lewandowski (Poland) - Borussia Dortmund

Lionel Messi (Argentina) - Barcelona

Thomas Mueller (Germany) - Bayern Munich

Franck Ribery (France) - Bayern Munich

Arjen Robben (Netherlands) - Bayern Munich

Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) - Real Madrid

Bastian Schweinsteiger (Germany) - Bayern Munich

Robin van Persie (Netherlands) - Manchester United
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23251646

(1) (2) (3) ... (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) ... (14360) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.