Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,597 members, 7,941,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 10:08 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (9125052 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (14360) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 6:50am On Jul 11, 2013
chrisley024: Here is a good article which explains whya possible deal for Thiago isn't as straight forward as some may think I got from MU forum.

http://www.trulyreds.com/20130710 /why-thiagos-release-clause-is-so- complicated/?utm_source=feedburner& utm_medium=feed& utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TrulyRed+%28T he+Manchester+United+fans+blog+%29

If Thiago isn't coming he should stop distracting Manchester United from other options. Football is becoming more political as every country want their best legs remain in their leagues. Lewandosky will be going to Bayern at the end of his contract- Bayern sources claim. Italians best are still playing in Italy despite their poor financial times. All English great want Bale remain in the EPL.

People should calm down and let Moyes analyze the team and situations. We haven't even 20 percent of his football experience. No coach wants to fail and no coach wants to be wasteful. Machini was wasteful. All the big names that arrived what have they achieved for Man City? What of PSG with Lucas and co. Too much of rush can lead to regrettable errors and the Glazziers won't release money again.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:19am On Jul 11, 2013
People should understand football is a real life big business and not a video game we fix in characters to suit what is on our minds. Anyone can be a football fan and an analyst based on the way they perceived the game whether they have any experience of it or not. Even some obese who have never kicked a ball from birth will still think they know the game more than SAF or Moyes or even Shuabu Amodu and Siasia.

If it were that easy, Barca wouldn't have waited for more than two years to land Neyman. Lewandosky won't be in Dortmund when should be elsewhere collecting a hundred thousand pounds. Bale should have left Totteham since.

Few weeks ago many people here were writing as though Rooney was finished. They thought by now he would have been sold. But his fellow professionals kept stating how valuable he is in world football. Now Moyes mentioned that he has been talking to Rooney and how Rooney has been to his house and he (Moyes) to Rooney's house too. Madrid too are fighting to hold on to Ronaldo.

Football is not as it is seen by most people here. A lot of people have been indoctrinated here to hate some and unnecessary love some other playes irrespective of the reality on ground. Only last night a United facebook fan page was trying to see what fans think about Rooney. The admin wrote 'if you love him click like, if you don't write no'. Within a few minutes before I went to bed, over 700 had hit like while only less than 20 wrote no. Even some of the no still wrote something nice about him.

We should try and understand this game of football properly and balance our comments constructively and objectively with the reality on ground. Sad people already saying negative things about Moyes even before he kicks a ball. So if Strootman and Thiago don't come we not Manchester United again? If they refuse to come and it's Fellani we get, ok. If no good midfield player is available, Moyes will challenge Anderson and Cleverly to new heights. Football is not fantasy. You work with what you have been able to gather within budget and transfer success.

2 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 7:47am On Jul 11, 2013
elampiro: People should understand football is a real life big business and not a video game we fix in characters to suit what is on our minds. Anyone can be a football fan and an analyst based on the way they perceived the game whether they have any experience of it or not. Even some obese who have never kicked a ball from birth will still think they know the game more than SAF or Moyes or even Shuabu Amodu and Siasia.

If it were that easy, Barca wouldn't have waited for more than two years to land Neyman. Lewandosky won't be in Dortmund when should be elsewhere collecting a hundred thousand pounds. Bale should have left Totteham since.

Few weeks ago many people here were writing as though Rooney was finished. They thought by now he would have been sold. But his fellow professionals kept stating how valuable he is in world football. Now Moyes mentioned that he has been talking to Rooney and how Rooney has been to his house and he (Moyes) to Rooney's house too. Madrid too are fighting to hold on to Ronaldo.

Football is not as it is seen by most people here. A lot of people have been indoctrinated here to hate some and unnecessary love some other playes irrespective of the reality on ground. Only last night a United facebook fan page was trying to see what fans think about Rooney. The admin wrote 'if you love him click like, if you don't write no'. Within a few minutes before I went to bed, over 700 had hit like while only less than 20 wrote no. Even some of the no still wrote something nice about him.

We should try and understand this game of football properly and balance our comments constructively and objectively with the reality on ground. Sad people already saying negative things about Moyes even before he kicks a ball. So if Strootman and Thiago don't come we not Manchester United again? If they refuse to come and it's Fellani we get, ok. If no good midfield player is available, Moyes will challenge Anderson and Cleverly to new heights. Football is not fantasy. You work with what you have been able to gather within budget and transfer success.
I supporrt for the first time
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 8:43am On Jul 11, 2013
Traverse:
July 11th, 2013 at 12:09 am
@Ian: If nothing else it’s focused us all on how bullshit this whole
ordeal is. The entire world knows we need at least one midfielder.
There isn’t exactly a whole lot of wrangling we have to do with a
club to get him. We pay £17mil, Barca cannot stop him leaving. Any
halfway decent alternative would cost more than £20mil.
What’s the hold up?
Paying him £75k a week will treble his wages, shouldn’t be that
difficult to agree to. A playing time cause? WE HAVEN’T GOT A
POT TO PISS IN IN MIDFIELD. Carrick is holding it together single
handed, with occasional cameo from Scholes for the last year. If
anything he should be asking for a clause that stops us playing him
for 90 minutes in 60+ games next season!
grin
This whole transfer is typical of how our ‘deals’ haven’t happened
in recent seasons. Moura, Hazard and Sneijder were all unnecessarily
long sagas that eventually led to the players going elsewhere
without us even having made an official bid.
I used to think it was Fergie refusing to pay the money.
Like? 7 0
redrants.com/breaking-thiago-makes-his-decision/
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MrTA(m): 8:46am On Jul 11, 2013
We will be get passed by all our rivals if we don't bolster the squad with at least 2 talented midfielders as we no longer have the advantage of having the greatest manager.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:47am On Jul 11, 2013
Money gives u trophy in 2day's football oo! It's either u join or u're left behind.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 8:55am On Jul 11, 2013
I wish this is not true.

Chelsea were last night closing in on prime midfield target Daniele De Rossi after completing the signing of PSV Eindhoven's Kevin Strootman - DAILY MIRROR.

No Thiago! No Strootman!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 11, 2013
chrisley024: I wish this is not true.

Chelsea were last night closing in on prime midfield target Daniele De Rossi after completing the signing of PSV Eindhoven's Kevin Strootman - DAILY MIRROR.

No Thiago! No Strootman!
Strootman is heading to AS Roma not Chelsea
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chrisley024(m): 9:15am On Jul 11, 2013
Ogbeche77: Strootman is heading to AS Roma not Chelsea
Ya. Chelsea is gettin De Rossi while Strootman is slipin away, Thiago is goin 2 Munich and we're doin what?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 9:45am On Jul 11, 2013
chrisley024: Money gives u trophy in 2day's football oo! It's either u join or u're left behind.

Spending has its limit. Only last week Macini lamented how he was begging to be given fund for RVP and Cavani but his ogas refused. He felt he should have won the league with them.

As for what we are doing? Moyes said some things are confidential. I support him "cos everyone looks to know where United interest is and hijack it. SAF never made a noise about his pursuit of RVP, else it would have attracted the attention of Madrid, Chelsea and the rest. He learnt from the Ronaldinho saga. Evryone thought Ronaldinho was a united player already only for Barca to hijack the process with plenty money.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by RuuDie(m): 10:04am On Jul 11, 2013
I really do not care if Monsieur Moyes decides not to do any transfer market dealings - for me, what makes some of UTD's successes (mainly domestic) even sweeter is the fact that the quality or lack of it in the team will have been x-rayed, reviewed, blow-out and dissected; but yet somehow the team prevails.

Maybe it is a psychological thing...maybe the opposition look at us and write us off because they feel they have "more in the tank".

I won't fret sha because I still reckon that, barring injuries and form dips, that squad is still large enough with enough quality to deliver.

Is it the CM/DM axis...Jones, Carrick, Anderson, Cleverly, Kagawa, Rooney (??), Fletcher (?), Powell (?) are available to fill in there. In short, I'm just not bothered!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by IYANGBALI: 11:01am On Jul 11, 2013
chrisley024: Ya. Chelsea is gettin De Rossi while Strootman is slipin away, Thiago is goin 2 Munich and we're doin what?
we are eating beans
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 11:02am On Jul 11, 2013
for the last 4 seasons we have often times concluded our summer business early (mid july). rvp dragged out because arsenal were hoping for foreign club to come in and avoid selling to a domestic rival. valencia, smalling, hernandez, ddg, jones, young, kagawa. they were all done early and quickly.

the present situation is very much out of character considering our usual approach. which makes me believe either we targetting players whom aren't available or we aren't really in the market, cos management agree with saf, that is the strongest squad since the treble.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by AlabaSlim: 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
elampiro:
SAF never made a noise about his pursuit of RVP,
This ya comment na the biggest LIE from the pit of hell
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by A40(m): 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
RuuDie:
Is it the CM/DM axis...Jones, Carrick, Anderson, Cleverly, Kagawa, Rooney (??), Fletcher (?), Powell (?) are available to fill in there. In short, I'm just not bothered!
Can you dominate Europe with that midfield? That's the big question
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dayokanu(m): 3:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
RuuDie: Is it the CM/DM axis...Jones, Carrick, Anderson, Cleverly, Kagawa, Rooney (??), Fletcher (?), Powell (?) are available to fill in there. In short, I'm just not bothered!

How soon can Bayern play Man Utd sef.

We have missed our wife from before before

Most posters on redcafe.net are already shttingg on themselves
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 5:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
montelik: for the last 4 seasons we have often times concluded our summer business early (mid july). rvp dragged out because arsenal were hoping for foreign club to come in and avoid selling to a domestic rival. valencia, smalling, hernandez, ddg, jones, young, kagawa. they were all done early and quickly.

the present situation is very much out of character considering our usual approach. which makes me believe either we targetting players whom aren't available or we aren't really in the market, cos management agree with saf, that is the strongest squad since the treble.

It goes both ways.
Some were early, some were late.

RVP, Ronaldo, Rooney were signed in August.
Berbatov was signed on deadline day

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dare2think: 5:27pm On Jul 11, 2013
chamotex:

It goes both ways.
Some were early, some were late.

RVP, Ronaldo, Rooney were signed in August.
Berbatov was signed on deadline day

On a different note,

Are you the one organising the fantasy league this year?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 5:33pm On Jul 11, 2013
dare2think:

On a different note,

Are you the one organising the fantasy league this year?

First week in August I think
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dare2think: 5:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
chamotex:

First week in August I think

Is it possible to incoperate monetary rewards to make it more interesting.

like 1st place ,2nd place and 3rd place get different prizes and all participants pay an entry fee.

Abi logistics go dey too much?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
ts like bayern is interested in thiago too. Wnt be suprised if we dnt mk any major signing dis summer. Choi.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2013
dare2think:

Is it possible to incoperate monetary rewards to make it more interesting.

like 1st place ,2nd place and 3rd place get different prizes and all participants pay an entry fee.

Abi logistics go dey too much?

Yep the logistics and it might affect participation.

We can do a private one for the interested parties though.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by chamotex(m): 7:04pm On Jul 11, 2013
Haha. Rooney is injured.
Fingers crossed
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
chamotex: Haha. Rooney is injured.
Fingers crossed
He has flown back home already, he's expected to be out for up to 1 month
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
Alaba_Slim:
This ya comment na the biggest LIE from the pit of hell

So what is true? SAF was utmost silent when the speculation of RVP was ongoing. I was always waiting to hear him or Wenger but SAF never categorically stated he was doing the RVP deal.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
dademola: ts like bayern is interested in thiago too. Wnt be suprised if we dnt mk any major signing dis summer. Choi.

Guardiola has stated clearly he wants Thiago and he is pursuing a union renewal with his boy.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2013
chamotex: Haha. Rooney is injured.
Fingers crossed

Na wai. Rooney is always injured for the start of a new season. Almost all seasons. This is the time to get fit and not struggle to use matches to gain fitness. Anyway, in football lots of ups and downs are involved. I wanted him to start with a blast.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by dare2think: 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
chamotex:

Yep the logistics and it might affect participation.

We can do a private one for the interested parties though.

No p, we can do a private one

Ill mail you soon
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by montelik(m): 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
As soon as Vida and Moyes were making noise about Rooney being fitter than he has ever been, I knew it was either over kill or it would jinx him. Now I am sure he will have fitness issues once again during the season, after missing a chunk of pre-season work.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by afrodoc(m): 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
getting really scared about this season.
a new manager should have a smooth transition especially when taking over a big job like the United job.however from what i am seeing Moyes will have it really tough to start the season.
1)potentially Rooney,Vidic,Smalling,Young and Nani unfit
2)Rooney will he/wont he rumors not dying down
3)our preferred targets going to other clubs.if we lose Thiago and Strootman what other options are there out there? R we back to Fellaini and Baines? i am not sure we need Baines at the price quoted and Fellaini is not dynamic enough for me (would prefer Axel Witsel)
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by SailorXY: 9:52pm On Jul 11, 2013
I really think there is no money, which is veeeeeeery funny by the way grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by elampiro(m): 10:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
''Gutted to have picked up a niggling injury especially as training was going so well, heading back to Manchester to have it assessed fully but early indications are nothing to worry about.'' - Rooney on his facebook wall.

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (14360) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: raumdeuter and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.