Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:55 PM

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion (8948164 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Premier League Champions 2010/11 / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4490) (4491) (4492) (4493) (4494) (4495) (4496) ... (14255) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 10:21am On Sep 19, 2017
GMan650:

Haa!!! 0 point after 8 games might be a precursor for relegation COS I don't see them winning any of those 3 games
I suspect mancity might find it difficult to beat them dis weekend.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 10:49am On Sep 19, 2017
I wish JM selects the below Lineup for Carabao Cup against Burton Tomorrow!

--------------------- Romero --------------------

Young ---- Lindelof ---- Smalling ---- Shaw

--------- Carrick ------------ McTominay --------

Lingard ----------- Herrera -------------- Martial

--------------- James Wilson -------------------

James Wilson is back from Injury, he played and scored last Night in an away 2 - 2 Draw at Chelsea [U23].

Modified - Tuanzebe gets back Injury, hence he can't feature in the Match.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:12am On Sep 19, 2017
"We are happy, for sure, but we keep the euphoria away from the dressing room. Inside, we remain calm, with our feet firmly on the ground.

"We haven’t won anything yet, this is just the beginning and, with such a busy schedule, there’s no time to slow down and relax. This coming Wednesday, we start the Carabao Cup, a new name for a competition in which we are the defending champions.

"We will be facing Burton Albion, a Championship club that will visit Old Trafford trying to play a historic game. They have just defeated Fulham and I’m sure they will try to surprise us."

- Juan Mata
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:14am On Sep 19, 2017
"Back to the Premier League, on Saturday, we play against Southampton, always a tough team to visit.

"They don’t concede goals easily and they have a good balance in the squad. It will be a pleasure to face my good friend Oriol Romeu. We will try to upset him a little bit by winning the game just the day before his birthday!"

- Juan Mata
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:24am On Sep 19, 2017
"I can see him [De Gea] staying here for more years, but we need to win titles to keep him with us. That is what we did last season.

"David is really happy at the moment because we are fighting for everything. We won three titles last season, and the FA Cup the year before, and that is what he wants."

- Ander Herrera
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:27am On Sep 19, 2017
"Real Madrid are going to talk about it every summer because he is the best keeper in the world. But we don’t think we are far from Real Madrid — we won three titles last season, the only English team to do it.

"We are going to enjoy having him here and try to keep him at the club for as long as possible. If he is not a legend already, he is not too far away from being one of the legends of the club.

For me, he is the No. 1. I respect all the keepers like Manuel Neuer, Gianluigi Buffon and Marc-Andre ter Stegen, but David right now is the No. 1 in the world."

- Ander Herrera

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 11:29am On Sep 19, 2017
"He [De Gea] is very calm, and that is the thing that always surprises me the most about him. He has that quality. It comes from God. He makes a difference.

"It makes a difference when you have a keeper who wins you points. He is one of the few keepers who can give you points."

- Ander Herrera
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 11:51am On Sep 19, 2017
Oasis007:

Tuanzebe ---- Lindelof ---- Smalling ---- Shaw

James Wilson is back from Injury, and he played and scored last Night in a 2 - 2 Draw away to Chelsea U23.
I think dah 16 yrs old guy...Angel Gomes go play.....if he does...den it'll be on the RW position
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 11:55am On Sep 19, 2017
New Lukaku chant:

“Romelu Lukaku, he’s our Belgian scoring genius with a 24 inch penis, scoring all our goals, bellend by his toes.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yZqPN57W3o

Is this racist?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by lekkie073(m): 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2017
Oasis007:

James Wilson is back from Injury, and he played and scored last Night in a 2 - 2 Draw away to Chelsea U23.
shaw is not fit yet, I think.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Leyqute:
New Lukaku chant:

“Romelu Lukaku, he’s our Belgian scoring genius with a 24 inch penis, scoring all our goals, bellend by his toes.”

Is this racist?
Definitely a racist chant. F.ools.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Neymar1095(m): 12:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
;DSPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT : Any trash
Post from hence forth will be transferred to
Lawma.
Signed
Neymar1095
Lawma general manager. grin
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by pharod(m): 12:24pm On Sep 19, 2017
lekkie073:

Shaw is very fit. JM said it in his last news conference. He's been playing with the reserves...
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:27pm On Sep 19, 2017
hensben:
Definitely a racist chant. F.ools.
how exactly is it racist
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by iheanyi40(m): 12:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
Oasis007:

I wish Angel Gomes can get a chance tomorrow
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by MRTA7: 12:35pm On Sep 19, 2017
Leyqute:
New Lukaku chant:

Is this racist?

Are they showing discrimination towards him because he's Black?
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
MRTA7:

Are they showing discrimination towards him because he's Black?

The chants are actually "pro-Lukaku", sung by Man Utd fans. They are, in their own way, singing his praises, showing appreciation for the goals he's scored so far.

I never thought it was racist for the first few moments and it was funny as hell. But if you mull it over, you'll gradually notice the stereotype as well as the subtle racist undertones.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
lekkie073:

Nah!

He's fit. He played few Matches for the U23 Team as a LB and CB. He's injury free now and this is an opportunity to prove his Fitness.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 12:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
lekkie073:

Shaw is fit but "not in form" according to Mourinho.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
PietroRico:
how exactly is it racist
You can defend anything relating to Man U even a murderer so I won't waste my time arguing with you.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by PietroRico(m): 12:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
hensben:
You can defend anything relating to Man U even a murderer so I won't waste my time arguing with you.
na simple question I ask uncle
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
kelvinze:

I think dah 16 yrs old guy...Angel Gomes go play.....if he does...den it'll be on the RW position

iheanyi40:
I wish Angel Gomes can get a chance tomorrow

I'm not sure he's gonna play or get included in the the Team List. The Lad still playing for the U18.

I think he needs to fight for a Promotion to the U23 Team first, before eyeing a Spot in the first Team.

I know Rashford was promoted from the U18 directly to the first Team, but I believe it's a rare occurrence.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
PietroRico:
na simple question I ask uncle
Using his D as a song is racist remark in a subtle way. You ought to know this c'mon.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
hensben:
Using his D as a song is racist remark in a subtle way. You ought to know this c'mon.

undecided

I'm trying to figure out the racist Mechanism from the Chant but couldn't get it. Has Lukaku came out to against Chant?! Has any of the United Management condemned it?!

It's just a kinda funny Chant of praising his Contributions for the Team so far. Or have you ever seen a Man with 24" Joystick?!

Or you think JM is stupid for failing to identify any racist Mechanism in the Chant? Or you think - if actually it's a racist Chant - JM would just overlook it?!

Moreso..... what Crime did he commit that calls for a racist Chant from the United Fans?! Did they wanna kill his Morale, or kinda tired of him firing Goals?!

NB: The Phrase - 24 Inches Joystick - is simply to describe the Strength of Lukaku, and how good he is at hitting the Target with little Effort.

Meanwhile, have you heard of the Word "Synecdoche"?! It's simply a literary Term where a Part is used to represent the whole or vice versa.

For more clarity..... how old is Lukaku?! 24?! Then try to connect the Dots with sane Mind for a better comprehension of the Phrase.

3 Likes

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by kelvinze(m): 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
Oasis007:

I'm not sure he's gonna play or get included in the the Team List. The Lad still playing for the U18.

I think he needs to fight for a Promotion to the U23 Team first, before eyeing a Spot in the first Team.

I know Rashford was promoted from the U18 directly to the first Team, but I believe it's a rare occurrence.
Yeah bruh...buh don't be surprise if he mAkes d bench.....He's d next big thing in man utd academy system
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2017
kelvinze:

Yeah bruh...buh don't be surprise if he mAkes d bench.....He's d next big thing in man utd academy system

Sure he is; but how many time has he featured for the U23 Team so far this Season?! The Answer is none Bro!

If he's as good as many of thought, he would have been promoted to the U23 Team by now. Or what's the Essence of wasting a Talent prime for the First Team at the Academy?!
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by JayKayMaybachz(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
I wouldn't have taken the Ox for free. His name is a lot bigger than his ability.
Henry was talking about him a few weeks ago and was wondering what
he was good at and what he contributed. I could only agree because I always thought he was as bit of a spoofer at Arsenal. Hard to see what he can add to any team.

Liverpool will get some good results this year..there will be a couple of teams who have 4 or 5 belted past them. They don't have the defense or quality for a sustained run though and it's clear to see already it's 'not going to be their year'. Again. And long may it continue.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
“I think, if you have a big squad, the competition is high in the training sessions. It makes you better as a player and also as a team, and it shows the strength of the competition if someone comes in and they’re ready. I think it’s very good.

“I think we’re feeling good as a team. I think we show it on the pitch, how eager we are to win, how bad we want it and how we want to work for each other. That’s the most important thing, but we still have to keep our feet on the ground.

“We have to work hard every day to get where we want. That starts in the training sessions and we have to show it on the pitch in every game.”

- Daley Blind
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Leyqute(m): 2:11pm On Sep 19, 2017
Oasis007:

undecided

I'm trying to figure out the racist Mechanism from the Chant but couldn't get it. Has Lukaku came out to against Chant?! Has any of the United Management condemned it?!

It's just a kinda funny Chant of praising his Contributions for the Team so far. Or have you ever seen a Man with 24" Joystick?!

Or you think JM is stupid for failing to identify any racist Mechanism in the Chant? Or you think - if actually it's a racist Chant - JM would just overlook it?!

Moreso..... what Crime did he commit that calls for a racist Chant from the United Fans?! Did they wanna kill his Morale, or kinda tired of him firing Goals?!

Anti-discrimination group Kick It Out is working with Man Utd authorities on this. - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41317495

It's an "unintentionally" racist chant, not meant to cause Lukaku any discomfort.

Lukaku probably finds it funny.

1 Like

Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
Leyqute:

Anti-discrimination group Kick It Out is working with Man Utd authorities on this. - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41317495

It's an "unintentionally" racist chant, not meant to cause Lukaku any discomfort.

Lukaku probably finds it funny.

It's the Media that heighten it to a racist Chant, simply to exasperate Lukaku and cause Commotion between him and the Fans.

Kick It Out Group has done the right thing by contacting the Club Authorities before it deepens, but as you pointed out - it's not Intentional and no one is hating on Lukaku.

"I think a lot of fans who sang it had no racist intent and don't see it as racist - they see it as funny."

- Clifford Scott
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by hensben(m): 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2017
Oasis007:

undecided

NB: The Phrase - 24 Inches Joystick - is simply to describe the Strength of Lukaku, and how good he is at hitting the Target with little Effort.

Meanwhile, have you heard of the Word "Synecdoche"?! It's simply a literary Term where a Part is used to represent the whole or vice versa.

For more clarity..... how old is Lukaku?! 24?! Then try to connect the Dots with sane Mind for a better comprehension of the Phrase.
You can defend from now till tomorrow the fact is that song is racist chant. Chelsea fan did same to Morata he had to tell them to stop but seeing that Lukaku is a black man he has no balls to talk about it. Common sense. The bitter truth is we are in the era of mental slavery.
Re: Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion by Oasis007(m): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2017
hensben:
You can defend from now till tomorrow the fact is that song is racist chant. Chelsea fan did same to Morata he had to tell them to stop [s]but seeing that Lukaku is a black man he has no balls to talk about it[/s]. Common sense. The bitter truth is we are in the era of mental slavery.

"I think a lot of fans who sang it had no racist intent and don't see it as racist - they see it as funny."

- Clifford Scott

undecided

Inferiority Conplex has made you resulting to a derogatory Statement - that's Racism!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (4490) (4491) (4492) (4493) (4494) (4495) (4496) ... (14255) (Reply)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Colson(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.